Sikspak ad in new Transworld..

Brent
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:13am
...is anybody else besides me a little disturbed by all the nazi SS logos in this ad?

http://www.sikspak.com/clothing.html

I wonder what someone outside this sport thinks when they pick up the mag and see the "SS" typeface and the nazi eagle on all over the place?

I know that the MM has has stuff like this for awhile, but to me this is really over the top.

|
BuDtySer1
9/20/2009 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:16am
Yeah who the hell wears this stuff in public???

My favorite one is the "scum f&ck" shirt....
Pat327
9/20/2009 1:35pm
I'll bet some really tuff suburban white kids wear these shirts with skulls, bullets, sig runes, masked gunmen, and phrases like "No retreat, no surrender," "wolves among sheep," "kicking ass, drinking beer," "criminally insane," and of course "scum fuck."
9/20/2009 1:50pm
Hey guys I just want to let you know that Chris didn't notice it until after the issue was printed; he saw a few nights later on "Gangland" a group with the logos and told Swap and everyone the next day. They did the same thing to Racer X a few years back, so the magazine people to watch their ads.They are watching what they send in and Donn tells them when they cross the line.

Trust me, I think it's as white trash as anyone else.
RACEGUY
9/20/2009 1:54pm
Trailer park.

The "mainstream" side of things does not need it.

The Shop

Bronson905
Fantasy
536th
9/20/2009 1:57pm
I think Sikspak is the lamest company ever. I mean just look at their name! Sikspak? wow.
HuskyEd
9/20/2009 1:57pm
More fricken "Flat Biller" wear.
Brent
9/20/2009 2:11pm
Hey guys I just want to let you know that Chris didn't notice it until after the issue was printed; he saw a few nights later...
Hey guys I just want to let you know that Chris didn't notice it until after the issue was printed; he saw a few nights later on "Gangland" a group with the logos and told Swap and everyone the next day. They did the same thing to Racer X a few years back, so the magazine people to watch their ads.They are watching what they send in and Donn tells them when they cross the line.

Trust me, I think it's as white trash as anyone else.
It's more than "White Trash".

It is glorification of a group that commited murder against 10 million people.

I have no doubt that Donn is regretting running the ad, Im sure that whomever approved this piece of shit to print is reading up on their WW2 history right about now.

I know times are hard with ad revenue down and all, but damn...
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
9/20/2009 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2009 2:50pm
Brent wrote:
...is anybody else besides me a little disturbed by all the nazi SS logos in this ad? http://www.sikspak.com/clothing.html I wonder what someone outside this sport thinks...
...is anybody else besides me a little disturbed by all the nazi SS logos in this ad?

I wonder what someone outside this sport thinks when they pick up the mag and see the "SS" typeface and the nazi eagle on all over the place?

I know that the MM has has stuff like this for awhile, but to me this is really over the top.

While I cant stand sikspak in anyway whatsoever, I wouldnt jump on the nazi thing so quick. Theyre eagle isnt the same design as a nazi one and that stylized S is used by other logos such as the band Kiss.
9/20/2009 2:58pm
Brent wrote:
...is anybody else besides me a little disturbed by all the nazi SS logos in this ad? http://www.sikspak.com/clothing.html I wonder what someone outside this sport thinks...

While I cant stand sikspak in anyway whatsoever, I wouldnt jump on the nazi thing so quick. Theyre eagle isnt the same design as a nazi...
While I cant stand sikspak in anyway whatsoever, I wouldnt jump on the nazi thing so quick. Theyre eagle isnt the same design as a nazi one and that stylized S is used by other logos such as the band Kiss.
No, he is right. It's not just some "bitchin" design, it has a reason it's on there.
9/20/2009 2:59pm
Brent wrote:

While I cant stand sikspak in anyway whatsoever, I wouldnt jump on the nazi thing so quick. Theyre eagle isnt the same design as a nazi...
so they are satin worshipers now??? Shocked
dedi684
9/20/2009 3:40pm
oh my god you guys are crying over that? give me a break. i think their stuff is stupid, besides the hot chicks but I highly doubt they are nazis. and if they are that's their right. cry me a river.
CamP
9/20/2009 3:52pm
You would never see that ad in MXA.
ridge
9/20/2009 3:57pm
Pat327 wrote:
I'll bet some really tuff suburban white kids wear these shirts with skulls, bullets, sig runes, masked gunmen, and phrases like "No retreat, no surrender," "wolves...
I'll bet some really tuff suburban white kids wear these shirts with skulls, bullets, sig runes, masked gunmen, and phrases like "No retreat, no surrender," "wolves among sheep," "kicking ass, drinking beer," "criminally insane," and of course "scum fuck."
I can't wait for the bro's to go away.
Camp332
9/20/2009 4:02pm
I admit, I took a double-take at that ad when I was reading in "my office". Then I crumpled it up, and flushed it down the toilet.
mxcrf34
9/20/2009 4:04pm
CamP wrote:
Your right, but every mag is different. read the company profile. it makes sense, but i could see some nazi stuff. I'm sure it wasnt intended to come off like that.

http://www.sikspak.com/company.html
dedi684
9/20/2009 5:15pm
excuse me while i lock myself in my shed with my dirtbike and life my life in fear!
9/20/2009 5:19pm
i must be missing the nazi part in all this... ? just looks like some kind of clothing company thats gonna go out of business because noone wears that kind of stuff. but i dont see anything offensive.
Lightning78
9/20/2009 5:24pm
Its a "HardCore" company .....likely from the good ol 909. Those guys out there glorify and act proud of being trailer trash. Seriously it's kind of like a fashion thing.....I don't get it and it makes me laugh when I see people wearing that crap, either on the bike with black plastics .....all Bro'd out. LOL.....SICK BRO!!!!!

I'll bet they only make black shirts too....
DownSouth
9/20/2009 5:40pm
Wasn't it Shawn Highland who appeared in an ad that ran in Racer X where he had no shirt on and had several Nazi tatoos in full view? I can't recall if it was the same company but Highland is listed as one of SikSpaks riders on the site.

I seem to remember of retraction of sorts where RX said they never would have run the ad if they had noticed the tattoos.
DanDunes818
9/20/2009 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2009 5:51pm
Brent wrote:

Come on man. Don't be naive brother. Sure each thing individually doesn't nessesarily point to the nazis but you add up the Confederate flag,the SS and the Eagle(which is damn similiar) and it's a pretty easy conclusion.Not to mention the out of line shit like the woman bound and gagged,or the chick w/pistols pointed at each of her tits. I'm not saying companies like this need to be shut down but the damn sure need to be kept out of MX mags. If my wearing that shit they'd have a huge problem when they came home.
Oh and by the way 3/4 of the group Kiss is jewish so I doubt anyone mistaked them for Nazis.
Pat327
9/20/2009 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2009 5:56pm
Yeah, it was Sean Highland and the company was called Unleashed Clothing, another BroCal 909 company. He was wearing one of the company's shirts and scowling at the camera with his arms folded. One arm had "Schutzstaffel" tattooed on it, which of course was Nazi Germany's SS. He even had an SS rune sticker on his bike. Pretty amazing that it slid past both Racer X and the clothing company itself.
Camp332
9/20/2009 5:57pm
Pat327 wrote:
Yeah, it was Sean Highland and the company was called Unleashed Clothing, another BroCal 909 company. He was wearing one of the company's shirts and scowling...
Yeah, it was Sean Highland and the company was called Unleashed Clothing, another BroCal 909 company. He was wearing one of the company's shirts and scowling at the camera with his arms folded. One arm had "Schutzstaffel" tattooed on it, which of course was Nazi Germany's SS. He even had an SS rune sticker on his bike. Pretty amazing that it slid past both Racer X and the clothing company itself.
"Schutzstaffel" tattooed on it, which of course is Nazi Germany's SS.

Why does he have that tattood on his arm?
Pat327
9/20/2009 6:03pm
Camp332 wrote:
"Schutzstaffel" tattooed on it, which of course is Nazi Germany's SS.

Why does he have that tattood on his arm?
Do you not understand how quotation marks work, or are you actually wondering why he had that tattoo?
Sonny
9/20/2009 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:16am
It's shit from the word go. Mad Mike Jones needs to be ashamed of himself for sticking his name to it. He's in his 40's for Christ sakes. Skull's are so 1980's.

These companies should speak to the marketing staff from No Fear. Once they began to add skulls and go Gothic with there casual wear, stores began to boycott their shit. Keep it moto interest and not so satanic and it will sell....even to kids who don't ride MX.
Camp332
9/20/2009 6:10pm
Pat327 wrote:
Do you not understand how quotation marks work, or are you actually wondering why he had that tattoo?
I don't want to know how YOU interpret his tattoo. It's easily interpreted as racist. If these guys are blatantly advertising in 2 of the major MX magazines, maybe their advertising salesmen are putting a "twist" on it? Maybe Sean Highland just thought it looked cool, and got it tatted. SIK!
Pat327
9/20/2009 6:20pm
Camp332 wrote:
I don't want to know how YOU interpret his tattoo. It's easily interpreted as racist. If these guys are blatantly advertising in 2 of the major...
I don't want to know how YOU interpret his tattoo. It's easily interpreted as racist. If these guys are blatantly advertising in 2 of the major MX magazines, maybe their advertising salesmen are putting a "twist" on it? Maybe Sean Highland just thought it looked cool, and got it tatted. SIK!
I was clearing things up for DownSouth because he wanted to know about that whole situation.

There's little to interpret from that tattoo. It has a pretty clear-cut meaning and a person would likely only have one motivation for permanently etching it onto their body, and it's not to look cool. The people at the clothing company didn't know what it meant apparently. They don't know their history I guess.
Sonny
9/20/2009 6:25pm
CamP wrote:
That's true, dirt rider either. TWMX is a teen mag.
roost251
9/20/2009 7:24pm
CamP wrote:
or a pair of tits
Brent
9/20/2009 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2009 10:02pm
On a different part of the Sikspak website, they have shirts printed with A.C.A.B. Look it up.

Post a reply to: Sikspak ad in new Transworld..

The Latest