Sidi Crossfire Boots

kyle450rider
Edited Date/Time 9/5/2014 5:21pm
Give me the rundown on these please. I'm fixing to pull the trigger as my AS Tech 8's finally gave up the ghost after almost 10 years of faithful service. Almost got some more of them but I remember how long they took to break in the first go around. Sidi's seem like they would break in fast with the ankle pivot joint built in.

Anybody try the Forma boots? I see BTO is selling them but I've never heard of em. Looked them up and they seem to be made by an Italian Manf. and have some quality components.
|
rawdawgin
9/4/2014 2:10pm
The Sidi Crossfires are the nicest boots Ive owned. I havent tried any of the recent Fox boots, but I have had Tech 8s, Tech 10s, and Gaerne SG10 and 12s. The Sidi is the lightest and best fitting. I also have plates in my Tib/Fib and they are TONS more comfortable than the Tech 10s were since getting the surgery. Hope this helps
JBernard_401
9/4/2014 2:27pm
for me the sidi's are super narrow. if you have a wide foot i'd try a pair before buying.
RPM68
9/4/2014 2:42pm
Give me the rundown on these please. I'm fixing to pull the trigger as my AS Tech 8's finally gave up the ghost after almost 10...
Give me the rundown on these please. I'm fixing to pull the trigger as my AS Tech 8's finally gave up the ghost after almost 10 years of faithful service. Almost got some more of them but I remember how long they took to break in the first go around. Sidi's seem like they would break in fast with the ankle pivot joint built in.

Anybody try the Forma boots? I see BTO is selling them but I've never heard of em. Looked them up and they seem to be made by an Italian Manf. and have some quality components.
most durable boot you will ever own. literally takes 1 moto to break in. The SRS can't be beaten b/c they take 5 mins to replace and theyre cheap. Multi-point pivot system that allow forward and backward motion but not side to side. buckles are legit, very easy to use. Water-proof up to about 8 inches above your ankle.

Just go try them on at a local dealer and you will immediately notice the difference.
RPM68
9/4/2014 2:42pm
for me the sidi's are super narrow. if you have a wide foot i'd try a pair before buying.
if you have a wider foot buy the TA version.

The Shop

crf250pilot
9/4/2014 2:48pm
I like mine because they come in 1/2 sizes. I wear an 8 1/2 size shoe and the 8 1/2 Sidi boots fit perfect.
JBernard_401
9/4/2014 2:50pm
RPM68 wrote:
didnt know they had that model.
i ended up going with sg12's i got for a killer deal. my old fox formas were SUPER wide, the sg12's were slightly more narrow but i can live with them. i couldnt get my foot in my friends SIDI's!

you still have the 250sx?
RPM68
9/4/2014 3:23pm
RPM68 wrote:
didnt know they had that model. i ended up going with sg12's i got for a killer deal. my old fox formas were SUPER wide, the...
didnt know they had that model.
i ended up going with sg12's i got for a killer deal. my old fox formas were SUPER wide, the sg12's were slightly more narrow but i can live with them. i couldnt get my foot in my friends SIDI's!

you still have the 250sx?
on a 300 XS I made into a Moto Machine, its a freaking rocket ship
BroFoSho
9/4/2014 4:01pm
This is true about the Sidis. I went up a half a size to compensate and they are still a bit narrow in the foot (I have wide feet) but excellent protection and they have held up great (two years so far).
kyle450rider
9/4/2014 4:46pm
Glad to hear all the good reviews. I ordered the Sidi Crossfire TA's from BTO. Used the 20% off too.
yzmatt
9/4/2014 5:38pm
Best boots I've ever owned (I have skinny feet).
YZ125H1
9/4/2014 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2014 7:35pm
Glad to hear all the good reviews. I ordered the Sidi Crossfire TA's from BTO. Used the 20% off too.
I was skeptical about the Sidi's since I'm only a weekend rider. However, I went with the TA's. Awesome boots, well worth the money no break in required and the hinged ankle is my fav feature. The fact that you can replace almost everything on the boot is also a plus. Even the TA model could be a problem with wide feet.
Mickolobe7
9/4/2014 11:17pm
Have you tried the SG12s the are wide most comfortable boot I ever had. Or the SG10s if you are a budget. I think you can find the SG12s for 399. Not knocking the Sidi at all just thought I throw my 2 cents in.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/5/2014 3:26am
Best boots out there imo. I have a pair of New tech 10s atm but prefer my sidis. You can basically change every part IF something is wrong
Berni
9/5/2014 8:32am
Give me the rundown on these please. I'm fixing to pull the trigger as my AS Tech 8's finally gave up the ghost after almost 10...

Forma boots are pretty good, although here in spain they are much cheaper. I have the predators which are the most expensives ones anf they are super confortable and offer a great protection. I have had them only for some months and they seem like they Will be durable boots.

Some friends have the dominators which are one step below and the only complainment is the solé doesnt Last, but they are heavy guys and anyways the solé of the predators is different to the ones in the dominators.

Just one thing, in usa my boots are more than 400$ and in spain i paid for them 220€, they are the only moto stuff i have found cheaper here.
Joko
Fantasy
190th
9/5/2014 9:54am
I have Sidi Srs boots and find them to be comfortable and durable. I did notice that you can actually bend the boot in half
Above the ankle, which concerns me in the event a crash could easily break the lower tin/fib in a crash with a side load incurred. I also have a set of Fox instinct boots that cannot bend in half like the Sidi's, so I switched to them for increased protection, fit and comfort as good as Sidi's.
shuggs
9/5/2014 10:30am
Have had Sidi SRS this year and really like them, easy to get used to (took me ages with last boots) and you can replace bits as needed
bd
9/5/2014 10:50am
Bar none, best boots I have purchased. Highly recommend Sidi Crossfire SRS 2
9/5/2014 10:55am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2014 10:58am
I agree the SIDI's are comfortable and flexible. However after owning them for a few years I think the boots have some weaknesses.

First of all the rebuild-able nature is actually an Achilles heel. They are constantly loosing screws, screw backing plates and pieces. not only do you need to check all the bolts on your bike before every ride, but your boots as well.

SRS wears out 3 times as fast as any other sole I have seen. Also if the SRS "screw holes" become damaged sole replacement is a problem.

I also feel like the ankle and impact protection is not as good as other boots. The flexibility works against you here. If you had a get-off and landed on your feet you would wish you had the tech 10's (or 8's even).

I currently am trying the Fox Instinct and they definitely offer more protection that the SIDI's in the ankle area. The Instinct also has better protection against hyperextension and twisting of the ankle.

The Instincts are about 50% heavier than the SIDI's. I don't know yet if they will wear better as I have only been using them for a few months now.

my 2 cents...

Grieby54
9/5/2014 11:07am
I'll never ride with Sidi's. They might be the most comfortable boot in the world, but that's not why I buy good boots. If you can fold the boot in half (shin portion to toe portion) with one hand, how much ankle protection do you really expect?
ehr400
9/5/2014 4:58pm
I wouldnt ride with anything but a Sidi or Gaerne. I had all my ankle injuries/ issues wearing Tech 8's and 7's. To bulky and grabbing the boots in ruts and folding over on me as well. The buckle location of the Tech 8 is like a fulcrum and damaged tendons and chipped bones in my ankle. Boots are a personal preference, everyones feet are designed different.
Hallzilla
9/5/2014 5:10pm
This !

Post a reply to: Sidi Crossfire Boots

The Latest