Shred:30 at Perris MX on my Alta MXR

Related:
Create New Tag

5/29/2020 8:40 AM

Last night was rad. Enjoy!

|

5/29/2020 9:11 AM

I wish I had an Alta.

|

5/29/2020 9:18 AM

I've definitely noticed your riding skills have gotten better since you first bought that MXR. How many hours on it now? Little over 100 on mine, but if it wasn't for long Winters I'd have about 200 on it.

|

5/29/2020 9:26 AM

Nice Bryan!

|

5/29/2020 9:33 AM

I feel like it'd trip me out if a silent bike just went flying past me laughing tongue

|

5/29/2020 9:36 AM

mikec265 wrote:

I've definitely noticed your riding skills have gotten better since you first bought that MXR. How many hours on it now? Little over 100 on mine, but if it wasn't for long Winters I'd have about 200 on it.

My MXR has 2022 miles/110 hours now. Still performs as well as the day I bought it 2 years ago!

|

5/29/2020 9:38 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

I feel like it'd trip me out if a silent bike just went flying past me laughing tongue

Haha, I had a few guys come up to me last night saying I scared the crap out of them passing them. It's why I yell as I come flying up in riders, otherwise it freaks them out. grin

|

5/29/2020 10:00 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

I feel like it'd trip me out if a silent bike just went flying past me laughing tongue

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Haha, I had a few guys come up to me last night saying I scared the crap out of them passing them. It's why I yell as I come flying up in riders, otherwise it freaks them out. grin

If I didn't hear a bike and just heard someone yelling I'd probably be even more freaked out laughing

|

5/29/2020 10:50 AM

This terrible whistling noise is soooo annoying.
If Alta ever had a racing team, they should've hired Chase Sextoy.

|

5/29/2020 11:18 AM

GODZILLA wrote:

This terrible whistling noise is soooo annoying.
If Alta ever had a racing team, they should've hired Chase Sextoy.

You must be one of those diehard 2 stroke guys. I get it. I have a 125. Its fun in its own right. But I'll be honest, my gas bikes get ridden wayyyyyyyy less now that i have 2 Altas. I'm meticulous with bike maintenance and not having to change oil often, clean air filters after every ride, drive to the local airport to get AvGas to mix with premix, etc is soooooo nice. Literally with the Altas its ride,wash,charge, and repeat. There's no engine related maintenance whatsoever, besides the 120mL of synthetic gear oil that gets changed every 100 hours.

|

5/29/2020 11:41 AM

You should put a cow bell on it to truly mess with peoples mind..
You are getting much faster and smoother on it Bryan. I still want one..

|

5/29/2020 11:59 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

You must be one of those diehard 2 stroke guys. I get it. I have a 125. Its fun in its own right. But I'll be honest, my gas bikes get ridden wayyyyyyyy less now that i have 2 Altas. I'm meticulous with bike maintenance and not having to change oil often, clean air filters after every ride, drive to the local airport to get AvGas to mix with premix, etc is soooooo nice. Literally with the Altas its ride,wash,charge, and repeat. There's no engine related maintenance whatsoever, besides the 120mL of synthetic gear oil that gets changed every 100 hours.

I like wrenching, I like using a clutch and a gearbox, I like making "vroom vroom"...
And I f***ing hate this whistling noise!
laughing

|

5/29/2020 12:30 PM

Great video, you're ripping. Current layout at Perris is super fun. Saturday should be perfect to ride there, reaching about 80 degrees.

|

5/29/2020 12:31 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

I like wrenching, I like using a clutch and a gearbox, I like making "vroom vroom"...
And I f***ing hate this whistling noise!
laughing

You really need to try one. It'll change your mind. It's so nice not having to wear -33db earplugs when riding because the exhaust of the dirtbike is outputting 100+ db. I want to be able to hear in 20-30 years without hearing aids.

I've had guys like you come up to me, bagging on the bike, and then i let them try it. They all come back with a huge smile on their face. Every. Single. Time.

|

5/29/2020 12:43 PM

I don't want my mind changed.
I hate those things.
They're against my religious beliefs.
laughing

|

5/29/2020 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2020 1:45 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

This terrible whistling noise is soooo annoying.
If Alta ever had a racing team, they should've hired Chase Sextoy.

theycallmeebryan wrote:

You must be one of those diehard 2 stroke guys. I get it. I have a 125. Its fun in its own right. But I'll be honest, my gas bikes get ridden wayyyyyyyy less now that i have 2 Altas. I'm meticulous with bike maintenance and not having to change oil often, clean air filters after every ride, drive to the local airport to get AvGas to mix with premix, etc is soooooo nice. Literally with the Altas its ride,wash,charge, and repeat. There's no engine related maintenance whatsoever, besides the 120mL of synthetic gear oil that gets changed every 100 hours.

I'm one of those diehard 2-stroke guys, and I cannot wait to try an electric MX bike.

I like the sound. It reminds me of going to K1 Speed or Pole Position.

Bryan, if I ever run into you at Perris, Elsiore, Pala, etc., I'm going to pick you brain for a while.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/29/2020 1:47 PM

Falcon wrote:

I'm one of those diehard 2-stroke guys, and I cannot wait to try an electric MX bike.

I like the sound. It reminds me of going to K1 Speed or Pole Position.

Bryan, if I ever run into you at Perris, Elsiore, Pala, etc., I'm going to pick you brain for a while.

Hitting Cahuilla Creek tomorrow! Come say hi if you roll out.

|

5/29/2020 4:28 PM

^Probably can't ride for a few more weeks. My kid is sitting out for a while after a concussion, so I'm going to lay low in solidarity with him. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you around the scene, though. :-)

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/29/2020 5:51 PM

So at what hour mark are these Altas dying? Have there been any major issues with anyone's bike yet? I hate that they went out the way they did, hopefully Honda comes through with the CR-E soon, or KTM/Husky having the 50 as the first step. I still want to go electric once it's affordable enough to do so.

|

5/29/2020 11:14 PM

I can tell you're a good rider.It's just so freaking weird to watch. Like a ghost riding around the track.

|

5/30/2020 4:21 AM

SO!!! awesome. My boy is begging for an electric. He talks about everyday that he hopes they come out with a 65 version so he can get one.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

5/30/2020 4:38 PM

Never tried one but I think I would love it. Hopefully Honda continues with their model.Sweet video and nice riding!

|