Showing roczens crash while webb and tomac battle..

logan_140
Are you kidding me?! Webb was closing fast and not one word about it..
|
rehan53
3/23/2019 10:48pm
logan_140 wrote:
It was a pre-made clip and a script they prepared for whenever Roczen got his first win. They had to decide whether to roll it now or miss their chance forever.
logan_140
3/23/2019 10:51pm
logan_140 wrote:
rehan53 wrote:
It was a pre-made clip and a script they prepared for whenever Roczen got his first win. They had to decide whether to roll it now...
It was a pre-made clip and a script they prepared for whenever Roczen got his first win. They had to decide whether to roll it now or miss their chance forever.
It’s not like they haven’t showed it 100 times already..
3/23/2019 10:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 11:02pm
logan_140 wrote:
rehan53 wrote:
It was a pre-made clip and a script they prepared for whenever Roczen got his first win. They had to decide whether to roll it now...
Easy choice. Miss it. There's an on-the-field battle between two of the sport's top profile athletes (and I knew nothing of it, other than watching the intervals).

Lots of production ideas end up on the floor of EVERY good production.

The Shop

Akira
3/23/2019 10:59pm
logan_140 wrote:
rehan53 wrote:
Don't count your chickens, Kenny showed today that he can win at any given race including (insert one of the next 6).
VRR7
3/23/2019 11:01pm
I thought it was poor taste as well !
Brett_Clark
3/23/2019 11:10pm
This broadcast was awful. We had Kenny closing on marv while watching the battle for 8th, and the same thing happened when tomac passed seely. I'm looking at the clock with 22 seconds left and webb was 1.5 seconds back of tomac. I was just waiting for them to cut too it but never did. Also that video was stupid because a simple check of the rule book they would of realized Kenny is still getting second
Goon126
3/24/2019 2:27am
They love to show a slow motion replay of the damn start every week during the 2nd or 3rd lap when everything is going down.... BS because WE JUST WATCHED THE START
MotoMo165
3/24/2019 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 12:37pm
That was a major facepalm... I don’t understand this shit. Only logical reasoning is they do this sorta thing at a set time into the main event and it always happens to be when the battle is about to heat up
DF313
Fantasy
2455th
3/24/2019 12:40pm
I bet at Vegas they show the crash with James Stewart on his 125 from 2003.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
3/24/2019 12:48pm
I'm not one to bash the overall production, but last night wasn't good by any standard.
olds cool
3/24/2019 1:01pm
logan_140 wrote:
If they would have showed showed Webb tracking down Tomac at the end for a potential podium, they wouldn’t be able to talk about the wheels coming off of the Webb Wagon on next week’s broadcast. It would also have been bad for business here on Vital. Silly
therealhammer
3/24/2019 1:03pm
Meister wrote:
Bring back fs1.
It’s the same producer and directors from
The FS1 days .. they are employed by FELD . It hS nothing to do with what channel it’s on
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/24/2019 1:08pm
I was super irritated by that to , it was like they had the clip just ready on standby waiting for Roczen to win , but yeah the timing was awful imo , i was like are you serious
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/24/2019 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 1:11pm
Another thing i noticed and this has to be just because its Ricky and he's won so much , so his perspective would be unique but he always says that guy Got a horrible start he us Buried way back in the pack
He is all the way back in 5th lol or 6th
just James
3/24/2019 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 7:17pm
I like watching racing.
There are very few things in life that I care less about than "human interest" stories about the riders.
Too much estrogen in the production crew, would be my guess as to why they include that crap.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/24/2019 7:26pm
Any stuff like that should be done with a PIP, so we can still keep watching the racing. I yelled at the TV when they did it.
DPR250R
3/24/2019 7:29pm
Can anyone that was there comment on how close it was?

Ranman68
3/24/2019 7:32pm
My blood pressure spiked major when that happened. The 450 main is in its final minutes with battles going on, Webb on Tomac's ass, and they show us a story on Roczen that everybody is fully aware of and has seen a million times in the last two years. RIDICULOUS.
Another thing thing that bugged me was the insane amount of footage spent on Dean Wilson. Even when he wasnt battling with anyone. Even when they stopped talking about Dean Wilson and were talking about other things, the camera a stayed on Dean Wilson. I dont know how much time or how many laps we all watched Dean Wilson, but it was an absurd amount considering the position he was in, other battles going on, and the fact that hes not in contention for the title. I was aggravated as fuck. When the "Roczen story" came on I wanted to just turn the TV off.
logan_140
3/24/2019 7:33pm
DPR250R wrote:
Can anyone that was there comment on how close it was?

The interval showed webb less then a second off of him on the last lap. He was closing quick.
3/24/2019 7:35pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Another thing i noticed and this has to be just because its Ricky and he's won so much , so his perspective would be unique but...
Another thing i noticed and this has to be just because its Ricky and he's won so much , so his perspective would be unique but he always says that guy Got a horrible start he us Buried way back in the pack
He is all the way back in 5th lol or 6th
I noticed that too. He has the mentality a guy might want to study awhile if he wanted to get faster.
Dust601
3/24/2019 8:04pm
just James wrote:
I like watching racing. There are very few things in life that I care less about than "human interest" stories about the riders. Too much estrogen...
I like watching racing.
There are very few things in life that I care less about than "human interest" stories about the riders.
Too much estrogen in the production crew, would be my guess as to why they include that crap.
I set it to record, and don’t start watching until about a hour after it’s started. Normally works out perfect. I can skip everything but the racing, and by the very end I’m only a min, or two behind.
Ranman68
3/24/2019 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 8:24pm
Holeshot replays bug me and super slow motion replays (sometimes 2 or 3 slow mo replays from different angles) of crashes and incidences eat up too much time we could be seeing race action. Even tip overs in corners have to always be replayed at least once in super slow motion. Basically, I get aggravated anytime anything other than the race action is shown once the gate drops. A mid pack battle between mid pack riders may he worth watching for lap if nothing better is happening, but several laps of Dean Wilson/Savatagy and Dean Wilson solo like I saw last night......no. I like Dean, but damn.
NeedMoto
3/24/2019 8:26pm
Ranman68 wrote:
My blood pressure spiked major when that happened. The 450 main is in its final minutes with battles going on, Webb on Tomac's ass, and they...
My blood pressure spiked major when that happened. The 450 main is in its final minutes with battles going on, Webb on Tomac's ass, and they show us a story on Roczen that everybody is fully aware of and has seen a million times in the last two years. RIDICULOUS.
Another thing thing that bugged me was the insane amount of footage spent on Dean Wilson. Even when he wasnt battling with anyone. Even when they stopped talking about Dean Wilson and were talking about other things, the camera a stayed on Dean Wilson. I dont know how much time or how many laps we all watched Dean Wilson, but it was an absurd amount considering the position he was in, other battles going on, and the fact that hes not in contention for the title. I was aggravated as fuck. When the "Roczen story" came on I wanted to just turn the TV off.
With ya on this^^^!!! AngryAngryAngry
ctbale
3/25/2019 12:13am

Worst camera work ever. I hear the crowd go crazy, and I know I just missed another big pass .....

I watch the fucking leader board more the I watch the fucking race.

I see a gap closing down to less then a second and I think "gunna miss another one". Sad

3/25/2019 1:59am
I think they were focused on Deano because he was the fastest guy in the first set of challenging whoops in forever. Kroc was a close second. Unfortunately Dean was slower over the rest of the track. I enjoy watching someone that can properly blitz a set of big whoops, especially if there is another rider close by that is jumping through. I thought Eli would be good with the whoops, but no. The best are Wilson, Roczen, and Reed.
PRM31
3/25/2019 4:54am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 5:06am
Covering the actual race, as it’s happening, does not seem to be a priority.

A good broadcast team is much more agile in their coverage. With this team, they have things they want to go over and regardless of what’s happening on the track they ramble on.. You hear the crowd scream all the sudden, doesn’t matter. The producer has the camera on one rider and that’s all they will talk about. You see a rider dropping down in the standings, irrelevant, it’s not what the camera is on. This is so bad. I’d like to hear a great sports radio announcer call the race. Listen to Mike Emerick call a hockey game and compare to what we have. Ugh. The announcer should look out the window at the track and call it from that fan perspective. See the whole track! This garbage is nothing more than babbling about whatever some producer in a trailer puts on the screen. Why are Ralph and Ricky even at the race? They certainly aren’t using their great seats to benefit the viewers. As far as I can tell they have their backs to the track and are staring at a monitor.
mx317
3/25/2019 5:19am
Maybe this would be a better discussion in your sewing circle on quilt day. Just be glad we have moto/sx on tv because I can remember a time it was maybe once a year for the USGP.
Sparkalounger
3/25/2019 6:02am
ctbale wrote:
Worst camera work ever. I hear the crowd go crazy, and I know I just missed another big pass ..... I watch the fucking leader board...

Worst camera work ever. I hear the crowd go crazy, and I know I just missed another big pass .....

I watch the fucking leader board more the I watch the fucking race.

I see a gap closing down to less then a second and I think "gunna miss another one". Sad

Except that even the leader board is around a minute behind!
You could see a pass made and watch the leader board not change for close to a minute at times.
(I know, not a huge deal but it's not that hard to do it right...)

What about giving us the "moment of the race" 2 laps in?!
Like, how can they know that already?!
Yeah, let's step away from the 3rd lap of racing to show us the "moment of the race" with 20 laps to go...?

What if Kenny would have pass Marv on the last lap, pretty sure that would be the "moment of the race"...
Good grief...

Post a reply to: Showing roczens crash while webb and tomac battle..

The Latest