Show your motor home/ racehome

Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
Lets see what you haul your bikes in and live in on the weekends.
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
9/21/2016 8:59am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2016 9:00am
To those of you with a rv, that feel the need to run a generator all night. Especially when I have my tent set up before you get there.... fuck you. Learn to sleep without air conditioning.

But really. It's rude.
jasonward73
9/21/2016 9:00am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2016 9:03am
Haul it with this and sleep in hotel. I've determined the first years depreciation on a decent RV will pay for the qty of hotels I would need for my foreseeable MX racing career. Plus I don't need to maintain or clean the hotel room. Win Win for my particular scenario. YMMV.

newmann
9/21/2016 10:02am
colintrax wrote:
To those of you with a rv, that feel the need to run a generator all night. Especially when I have my tent set up before...
To those of you with a rv, that feel the need to run a generator all night. Especially when I have my tent set up before you get there.... fuck you. Learn to sleep without air conditioning.

But really. It's rude.
Here's one for you, when I pay in advance for a RV slot and arrive there to find your tent set up in my spot using my water and electricity don't be alarmed when I drive over your fucking tent. So Fuck You and your freeloading paralyzed dog with the squeaky wheels shitting in my spot.

Laughing
Just kidding. But not about freeloading on my spot. Like I always told my kids, "pay attention in school". That way they won't end up old and dumb like me.

Bought mine back in 2009 when the stock market and everything else along with it shit the bed and pissed the pillows. Had just paid the house off and only had a couple notes left on our business and no car loans. It made good sense to buy at less than 40% of new cost. 19,000 mile Volvo based twin screw tandem axle chassis built up by Silver Crown Motor Coach/Pony Express. It had further modifications done for Alexander Motor Coach (whoever they are) to have the rear floor lowered and a ramp gate installed instead of the standard lift gate. Built to haul two horses with a rubber planked floor and two removable horse stalls and an overhead hay loft. Floor to ceiling height is almost ten foot in the garage area which allowed me to ditch the hayloft and have a small four post lift instead doubling the bike/cargo hauling capability. Two slide outs in the living area and bedroom. It's great, don't use it nearly enough.

Can squeeze five bikes up and more below or just have extra room for camping gear and whatever.

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/21/2016 10:05am
Dang Newman wins again!!!

The Shop

ga_pike
9/21/2016 10:08am
Newman, do you have a CDL??
IWreckALot
9/21/2016 10:22am
Hey Newmann, I want to be old and dumb like you.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/21/2016 10:35am
Moving Newmann's post to the baller thread.

Below is my setup that I travel around the nationals with.

As far as the generator goes, I use a Honda 3000 because it's quiet, and I have a boatload of stuff to charge. Cameras (video and still), laptop, mifi, phone, etc. It's all part of the toolkit. I do have a particular hate for cheapo generators, like Harbor Freight's.

kongols
9/21/2016 10:38am
IWreckALot wrote:
Hey Newmann, I want to be old and dumb like you.
No shit, eh!
huck
9/21/2016 10:41am
GuyB wrote:
Moving Newmann's post to the baller thread. Below is my setup that I travel around the nationals with. As far as the generator goes, I use...

As far as the generator goes, I use a Honda 3000 because it's quiet, and I have a boatload of stuff to charge. Cameras (video and still), laptop, mifi, phone, etc. It's all part of the toolkit. I do have a particular hate for cheapo generators, like Harbor Freight's.

Is that the same RV you've had for a few years? I know you had the one with the fold out beds (at least I thought you did), but it seems like you've had this one for a while. It has to have a ton of miles on it now!
Crash11
9/21/2016 10:43am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2016 11:13am

Got my eye on this thing. Simple and cheap, which is what I like.
Sidecar
9/21/2016 10:56am
Newman really.... I feel like I'm bringing a sword to a gun fight now and I'm fairly proud of my van...

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/21/2016 10:57am
GuyB wrote:
Moving Newmann's post to the baller thread. Below is my setup that I travel around the nationals with. As far as the generator goes, I use...

huck wrote:
Is that the same RV you've had for a few years? I know you had the one with the fold out beds (at least I thought...
Is that the same RV you've had for a few years? I know you had the one with the fold out beds (at least I thought you did), but it seems like you've had this one for a while. It has to have a ton of miles on it now!
Last summer was the first tour for the one above. I traded the old one in after six laps around the country. This one is a 21-footer. The previous one was an 18-footer. The old one was more like camping. This one's more like living. Smile

The location is a state park north of Wilson, KS, while I was traveling between Lakewood and High Point.
early
Fantasy
2231st
9/21/2016 11:05am
GuyB wrote:

No solar panels for charging?
Cygnus
9/21/2016 11:06am
GuyB wrote:

huck wrote:
Is that the same RV you've had for a few years? I know you had the one with the fold out beds (at least I thought...
GuyB wrote:
Last summer was the first tour for the one above. I traded the old one in after six laps around the country. This one is a...
Last summer was the first tour for the one above. I traded the old one in after six laps around the country. This one is a 21-footer. The previous one was an 18-footer. The old one was more like camping. This one's more like living. Smile

The location is a state park north of Wilson, KS, while I was traveling between Lakewood and High Point.
I almost asked if the was elephant butte in New Mexico. I knew it had to be out here close.
9/21/2016 11:11am
Dang Newman you got a nice rv, wish i was old and dumb just like you, already figured the dumb thing out just waiting on getting old now :D
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/21/2016 11:14am
early wrote:
No solar panels for charging?
I've been toying with the idea. Need to do more research before next year. Smile
Tim507
9/21/2016 11:18am

Simple and effcient..........

9/21/2016 11:22am
huck wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Last summer was the first tour for the one above. I traded the old one in after six laps around the country. This one is a...

Cygnus wrote:
I almost asked if the was elephant butte in New Mexico. I knew it had to be out here close.
Can't be Elephante Butte, there are a couple trees in that pic
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
9/21/2016 11:25am
GuyB wrote:
I've been toying with the idea. Need to do more research before next year. Smile
Lots of solar info on expeditionportal.com
Just be forwarned, the guys on there seem to enjoy throwing money around. Good information none the less.

And those Honda generators are ok, it's really the HF ones that are annoying. Extra bad when just left outside the rv, no box or panels. Just sitting. Making more noise than a KX450 with blown out packing.

Newmann, I try my hardest to set up with other tent campers away from the RVs. I don't need your water and electrical hook ups, already got that stuff in the truck Wink
Cygnus
9/21/2016 11:51am
GuyB wrote:
colintrax wrote:
Lots of solar info on expeditionportal.com Just be forwarned, the guys on there seem to enjoy throwing money around. Good information none the less. And those...
Lots of solar info on expeditionportal.com
Just be forwarned, the guys on there seem to enjoy throwing money around. Good information none the less.

And those Honda generators are ok, it's really the HF ones that are annoying. Extra bad when just left outside the rv, no box or panels. Just sitting. Making more noise than a KX450 with blown out packing.

Newmann, I try my hardest to set up with other tent campers away from the RVs. I don't need your water and electrical hook ups, already got that stuff in the truck Wink
I had so many people that loved my Genny box. It was a box with foam insulation to keep it quiet so I could sleep. This was way before the Honda inverters. It also kept the weather at the track off of it some. I had electric start before electric start was cool.
Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
9/21/2016 11:56am
Madmax31 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/21/152792/s1200_20160617_090959_1.jpg[/img]

That 661 core saver body armour is the best in the biz! Thin, lightweight, great protection to spine and allows easy conjunction with neck brace
Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
9/21/2016 11:58am
Newmans setup is off the chart!

Can I ask a doopid question.. what does RV stand for? not the number 2, the one relevant to this thread. We don't call them that in the UK
kongols
9/21/2016 12:13pm
Cliffy615 wrote:
Newmans setup is off the chart! Can I ask a doopid question.. what does RV stand for? not the number 2, the one relevant to this...
Newmans setup is off the chart!

Can I ask a doopid question.. what does RV stand for? not the number 2, the one relevant to this thread. We don't call them that in the UK
Recreational vehicle.
Pirate421
9/21/2016 12:13pm
Recreational vehicle. I just sold our Jayco 26 footer. Didn't use it enough but it was super nice inside. Lived in it for a month in Texas and then moved up north. I think I'm going to pimp out my 6x10 with some foldout beds and racks and go the cheapo route.
hvaughn88
9/21/2016 12:20pm
Is it legal for an adult to be adopted...by oh, say, Newmann? Asking for a friend.
cali11
9/21/2016 12:27pm
My toy hauler at pismo dunes.

9/21/2016 12:45pm
Sidecar wrote:
Newman really.... I feel like I'm bringing a sword to a gun fight now and I'm fairly proud of my van... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/21/152788/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/21/152789/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/21/152790/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/21/152791/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Newman really.... I feel like I'm bringing a sword to a gun fight now and I'm fairly proud of my van...

Any more info on the canopy? Is it a bolt on item meant for the van? That looks like the perfect setup!
rpoint116
9/21/2016 12:54pm
GuyB wrote:

huck wrote:
GuyB wrote:

As I recall you pulled around your 18' with a Tacoma correct? Looks like you have a Tundra double cab now. Nice choice.

I have a Tacoma & trying to figure out the max I can comfortably pull.

Post a reply to: Show your motor home/ racehome

The Latest