10/4/2019 10:11am
Yep Mav and add electric they would be 40k!!!!!! Pinch
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/4/2019 10:14am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 10:14am
ocscottie wrote:
Yep Mav and add electric they would be 40k!!!!!! Pinch
At that price you might as well get a SxS.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/4/2019 11:10am
xr70 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/02/377253/s1200_281127C1_C409_4A52_B954_45EA517C3880.jpg[/img]I just scored Specialized S Works Turbo Levo. The guy what I got it from put close to $14000 K in to the bike. Ohlins shock...
I just scored Specialized S Works Turbo Levo. The guy what I got it from put close to $14000 K in to the bike. Ohlins shock , Fox Factory 36 fork , Hope brakes , carbon wheels and the list goes on. Bike is so sick.Last Sunday I took it Sky park and I am totally in love with it . I can’t wait to ride it again.

Damn nice bike. I’m in the market for one right now, I’m leaning towards the Pivot Shuttle, but would also be interested in the Levo if I could find a nice/ low hour used one. How much did this one set you back ?

https://www.pivotcycles.com/en/bike-shuttle-us

xr70
10/4/2019 1:52pm
xr70 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/02/377253/s1200_281127C1_C409_4A52_B954_45EA517C3880.jpg[/img]I just scored Specialized S Works Turbo Levo. The guy what I got it from put close to $14000 K in to the bike. Ohlins shock...
I just scored Specialized S Works Turbo Levo. The guy what I got it from put close to $14000 K in to the bike. Ohlins shock , Fox Factory 36 fork , Hope brakes , carbon wheels and the list goes on. Bike is so sick.Last Sunday I took it Sky park and I am totally in love with it . I can’t wait to ride it again.

langhammx wrote:
Damn nice bike. I’m in the market for one right now, I’m leaning towards the Pivot Shuttle, but would also be interested in the Levo if...
Damn nice bike. I’m in the market for one right now, I’m leaning towards the Pivot Shuttle, but would also be interested in the Levo if I could find a nice/ low hour used one. How much did this one set you back ?

Actually was not so bad, I trade it for my RM250 what I was not riding it lately. I had $3600 in to the bike and was worth like $4200- $4500

The Shop

str8line
10/4/2019 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 2:14pm
Sweet machine, OP.

Just back from 5 days of Whistler. Two days on lifts in the bike park, three days on trails. Lots of bumps and bruises.Smile

Snuck a shot from Utah in there... and Seattle.

Dropbear
10/4/2019 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 9:03pm
TBH an E-mtb to me is a dirt bike I can ride close to home on trails I can no longer ride a motorcycle on, doesn’t shit the neighbors off with noise and doesn’t tear up the trails. I could have as much fun on a stock XL -125 but I’m not allowed to. That’s it in a nutshell.
10/4/2019 2:34pm
peelout wrote:
the other night i was on one of the tougher climbs on my local trail. it's about 500 feet in .25 miles. anyway i'm just pedaling...
the other night i was on one of the tougher climbs on my local trail. it's about 500 feet in .25 miles. anyway i'm just pedaling away, happy with my effort, and i get to a switchback and glance down 100 yards and there is nobody there. i get another 100 yards to the next switchback and as i'm going around it i glance and there is a guy about 50 feet behind me. i'm like, wtf, but i keep chugging to the top for a break. dude on an E-MTB goes by me and he's hardly pedaling in a high gear and just fuckin' cruising. i'm sitting there red-faced, out of breath, legs burning and decide to jump behind him to see if i can even try to keep up. i have to shift into about 5th or 6th gear but he's just motoring away from me.

TLDNR: those things are fast as fuck. guy who passed me on one looked like the most exercise he gets is walking to his car every morning and he just straight up ditched me on an uphill technical trail.
Perspective. Are you out there riding to be the fastest climber or hill bomber? Or are you doing it for health and fitness? Or both? Sure he's getting up the climb faster, but who is getting the better health benefit? You're winning. Really, you're both winning because you're out there riding vs not.

I've been out road biking on my carbon fiber Scott Foil, cranking up a climb as hard as i can, and here comes this dude on what appeared to be a fricken beach cruiser, only it was a hybrid bike. He was wearing flip flops, shorts, and a t-shirt, and there i am in my tight cycling spandex. He comes cruising by me, pedaling like he's out for a sunday stroll, and leaves me in the dust. You bet your ass i jokingly yelled "Cheater!" as he strolled by me.
str8line
10/4/2019 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 3:10pm
Perspective. Are you out there riding to be the fastest climber or hill bomber? Or are you doing it for health and fitness? Or both? Sure...
Perspective. Are you out there riding to be the fastest climber or hill bomber? Or are you doing it for health and fitness? Or both? Sure he's getting up the climb faster, but who is getting the better health benefit? You're winning. Really, you're both winning because you're out there riding vs not.

I've been out road biking on my carbon fiber Scott Foil, cranking up a climb as hard as i can, and here comes this dude on what appeared to be a fricken beach cruiser, only it was a hybrid bike. He was wearing flip flops, shorts, and a t-shirt, and there i am in my tight cycling spandex. He comes cruising by me, pedaling like he's out for a sunday stroll, and leaves me in the dust. You bet your ass i jokingly yelled "Cheater!" as he strolled by me.
The health benefit difference between e-bike and regular bike is not as simple as it seems. Pedal harder on the e-bike if you want that benefit. I'll give you they're not the exact same but they are not too far off. And there's something to be said for controlling your workout instead of the hill controlling it for you. Again not claiming they are the same but you can still get damn fit on an e-bike if you want.
Crush
10/4/2019 4:57pm
peelout wrote:
the other night i was on one of the tougher climbs on my local trail. it's about 500 feet in .25 miles. anyway i'm just pedaling...
the other night i was on one of the tougher climbs on my local trail. it's about 500 feet in .25 miles. anyway i'm just pedaling away, happy with my effort, and i get to a switchback and glance down 100 yards and there is nobody there. i get another 100 yards to the next switchback and as i'm going around it i glance and there is a guy about 50 feet behind me. i'm like, wtf, but i keep chugging to the top for a break. dude on an E-MTB goes by me and he's hardly pedaling in a high gear and just fuckin' cruising. i'm sitting there red-faced, out of breath, legs burning and decide to jump behind him to see if i can even try to keep up. i have to shift into about 5th or 6th gear but he's just motoring away from me.

TLDNR: those things are fast as fuck. guy who passed me on one looked like the most exercise he gets is walking to his car every morning and he just straight up ditched me on an uphill technical trail.
Again though, perspective. It's a good thing!

It's got him out the house. And the only way to get fitter is to start.

There are quite a few guys around here who are riding 3–4 times a week now and getting fitter because they can ride more at a lower intensity, they've lost body fat and are enjoying it more because they're outside and on the trails.

Unless you enter an event, it's not cheating. It's just riding for fun, for health, for enjoyment. If I had the cash for two bikes, i'd be buying a new Mega290C, but I barely ride enough as it is, when I can, my kenevo is fun as hell.
FeetUp
10/4/2019 7:57pm
peelout wrote:

Perspective. Are you out there riding to be the fastest climber or hill bomber? Or are you doing it for health and fitness? Or both? Sure...

Matthes just took his shirt off j/k
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/4/2019 8:50pm
xr70 wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Damn nice bike. I’m in the market for one right now, I’m leaning towards the Pivot Shuttle, but would also be interested in the Levo if...

xr70 wrote:
Actually was not so bad, I trade it for my RM250 what I was not riding it lately. I had $3600 in to the bike and...
Actually was not so bad, I trade it for my RM250 what I was not riding it lately. I had $3600 in to the bike and was worth like $4200- $4500
Wow
Great deal. Good for you, I hope I can find a good deal here soon. I can a good deal on the Pivot, but I’m still $7000 OTD, which is kinda more than I’d like to spend on one.
str8line
10/4/2019 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 9:23pm
langhammx wrote:
Wow Great deal. Good for you, I hope I can find a good deal here soon. I can a good deal on the Pivot, but I’m...
Wow
Great deal. Good for you, I hope I can find a good deal here soon. I can a good deal on the Pivot, but I’m still $7000 OTD, which is kinda more than I’d like to spend on one.
It seems like around $5-6000 is the entry price doesn't it? Either a lower end Levo or Kenevo or similar from other brands. My 2019 Kenevo Comp retailed for $5700 and I got it this spring for $4700 when Specialized had it for $500 off and another $500 visa gift card. I think that's a reasonable price for what you get. But it would be cool if they had something a little similar for about $4000. I think Euro brands do.
Dropbear
10/4/2019 9:32pm
2019 Merida 160 900e’s are going for a good price in Oz.
xr70
10/4/2019 9:53pm
The workout on the E bike can be whatever you want it to be. For example, the first time I rode it, I took it to the Skypark, which is a mountain bike park, basically a hill that you peddle 10 to 15 minutes up, and then you ride down different trails, wooden obstacles, jumps and so on. I started riding at 9am and set my assist up the hill at 10%. As I got tired and the day progressed, I raised it to 15, then 20 and ended up at 30% by the end of the day. Battery lasted me the whole day and I still had some left at 4pm, when I went home. My point is, I was riding from 9 to 4 all day up and down the hill, got a great work out and lots of runs. If I had been on my regular mountain bike, I probably would have done 4 or 5 runs and would have been dead tired and went home. To me, the e bike opens up more opportunities. You can go on longer trail rides, get a great work out and have tons of fun.
Motofinne
10/4/2019 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 11:45pm
I just got into the MTB world about a month and a half ago when i got a Canyon Strive CF 8.0 Race. A colleague of mine has a Merida eONE-SIXTY 800 e-bike and i'll get to try it some day! According to him, he gets basically the same workout (measured with a HR monitor) as with a normal MTB but he can just go for longer rides in the same time frame. That sounds pretty good to my ears.

But there is no way that i could afford a e-MTB in the same spec level as my Strive CF 8.0 right now considering my MX racing effort. And i ride my MTB mostly for workout reasons, so it makes sense to stay with the old school bike. But i'm pretty sure that i will own one someday in the future!

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/4/2019 11:33pm

10/5/2019 12:51am
Leg power! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/03/377323/s1200_20190922_083608.jpg[/img]

Leg power!

I mostly ride acoustic as well. But i do have an electric commuter - its not as good for fitness. But certainly saves time.
ForToo
10/5/2019 7:48am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2019 12:18am
Just finished this build, Cyclone 3000 watt motor on a Giant Faith downhill bike. Really rips and allows me to hit some sweet in town trails a block from my house. Here's a short clip of it in action asswell.

https://youtu.be/aEihmWftlkM

EDIT: To the "purists", I built this for a quiet, local moto fix. That said, you won't see me grinding out 6 mile climbs, couldn't be bothered with it. I can be bothered with some high speed twisty trails, downhill runs, and airing it out in the process, however.

str8line
10/5/2019 7:56am
ForToo wrote:
Just finished this build, Cyclone 3000 watt motor on a Giant Faith downhill bike. Really rips and allows me to hit some sweet in town trails...
Just finished this build, Cyclone 3000 watt motor on a Giant Faith downhill bike. Really rips and allows me to hit some sweet in town trails a block from my house. Here's a short clip of it in action asswell.

https://youtu.be/aEihmWftlkM

EDIT: To the "purists", I built this for a quiet, local moto fix. That said, you won't see me grinding out 6 mile climbs, couldn't be bothered with it. I can be bothered with some high speed twisty trails, downhill runs, and airing it out in the process, however.

Wow, wheelie machine! How much does that kit cost?
ForToo
10/5/2019 9:51am
str8line wrote:

Wow, wheelie machine! How much does that kit cost?
$400 for the conversion kit (planetary motor setup, battery management system, throttle with voltage readout) through Luna Cycle, and $400 for the 52 volt, 20 amp battery that I carry in a small backpack. It's good for about 37mph (geared low), and 12 miles of non pedal assist riding.
ob
10/5/2019 11:22am
Wow that’s ugly. It’s cheating if you use strava and don’t record as e bike in your activity.
Motodave15
10/5/2019 11:49am
2018 -Specialized stumpjumper here, I'ev had a few older shredders like 50+ come flying up climbs past me lol. its all good though as long as everybody is out having a good time on there bikes and not sitting down wasting there life's away
mx691
Fantasy
1270th
10/5/2019 12:57pm
From today, nice little run!

10/5/2019 3:18pm
I sure can't wait to get back on my MTB after my injuries heal. Pretty nuts what these bikes cost but the quality of bike you get is pretty amazing. Love seeing everyone's pictures out on the trails.

Post a reply to: Show us your e-MTB

The Latest