Show us your private tracks

Andy7
Fantasy
1191st
1/24/2018 7:53am
Gilby122 wrote:
I have a track that’s about 1.2 miles long. Mostly sand. When it rains it’s the greatest thing ever but the sand makes it hard to...
I have a track that’s about 1.2 miles long. Mostly sand. When it rains it’s the greatest thing ever but the sand makes it hard to maintain. Spring riding is best but the time, diesel, and weed spray adds up to keep it decent!! My wife would tell you one of the best “investments” we’ve made. If I had to load up to go ride, we’d never get to go. But the ability for my son and i to ride for 30 minutes after work/school or two hours on a weekend is quick and easy. And my wife can sit on the back patio and watch! Totally worth the time and effort to have it in the backyard.

Man, sounds like heaven to me!
motomojo
1/24/2018 9:38am
TJMX947 wrote:
Gosh this sounds like the life for me. I love those off grid houses. I'd love to see your house and how its set up, I...
Gosh this sounds like the life for me. I love those off grid houses. I'd love to see your house and how its set up, I know its super personal but I get so into those HGTV tiny house and tree house builds.
Sure i have a couple pics i can share.
30 x 45 steel building 1/2 living space 1/2 shop this is the living rm/dining rm but is being redone into a recording studio tracking room.

The kitchen/pantry and bath rm to the right.

The shop.

My place next door just added an addition over summer still have some work to do inside and out.

My mothers house other side of building. I care for her she's 92 and fighting dementia.

The new Studio control/mixing rm going up lots of work here still.

And one of my almost domesticated foxes that hang out around my house.

Almost 4KW solar/wind system with backup generator 10 years old so it's paid for it's self based on what i would have paid in electric if i had stayed in Phx paying bills
the past 10 years so all electric is totally free from now on.
Digging a well cost me 5K so it's paid for as well so all water is free except for some pump maintenance every now and then.
Not having to meet a big monthly bill schedule makes life much more relaxing and enjoyable and all that cash can go into something you want like a track.

Rickyisms
1/24/2018 9:56am
https://youtu.be/fYZxKEi8gHg
Here's a private track i got to ride growing up in Arcadia, Florida. A cool older guy who's son was a 250A rider locally owned and built it for him but he got out of the sport and my brother was friends with him, so his dad let us go out and ride it almost every weekend if we took care of water and grooming which was cool, we had a track in my backyard too that pops up in a couple pics. We had 8 acres and the track took up 2.5 and was great. I'll try to get some more pics up of it later.

(That was all my brother in those pics) I was only on a 65 back then)
Tumic
1/24/2018 11:16am
Really nice little place you have there! Awsome feeling having wild animals around the house to.

The Shop

motomojo
1/24/2018 11:46am
Tumic wrote:
Really nice little place you have there! Awsome feeling having wild animals around the house to.
Thx i couldn't be happier.
yes lots of wild animals and all are welcome except have to keep an eye on these guys when they show up.
Had this guy move in on the patio for a week this summer just left him alone and he didn't rattle at me so we coexisted for a week without issue.

Tumic
1/24/2018 12:02pm
I live in a simular way here in sweden, a small house with my girlfriend and we have fox, deer and moose on the property almost every day. And on the plus side we have only non-toxic animals in sweden

motomojo
1/24/2018 12:13pm
Tumic wrote:
I live in a simular way here in sweden, a small house with my girlfriend and we have fox, deer and moose on the property almost...
I live in a simular way here in sweden, a small house with my girlfriend and we have fox, deer and moose on the property almost every day. And on the plus side we have only non-toxic animals in sweden

Very nice!!! That looks so comfortable.
I was in Sweden back in the 80's on rock tours have lots of pic's what a beautiful place.
1/24/2018 12:27pm
kb-450 wrote:
Mine in SC. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/22/239504/s1200_IMG_0420.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/22/239505/s1200_IMG_0450.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/22/239506/s1200_IMG_0453.jpg[/img]
Mine in SC.

Dangg....wish I had met you a while back when I was a student at Clemson. Thinking about heading back down to that area in about a year or so (Greenville most likely). Place looks awesome!
Tumic
1/24/2018 1:38pm
This is a track 2 hours from me, never ridden there. I buddy of mine who i used to race with showed me this track back in september when i was there for a wisit.

The guy who has it is a farmers son and have never raced. There is a lot of potentional in this place.

kb-450
1/24/2018 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2018 2:23pm
kb-450 wrote:
Mine in SC. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/22/239504/s1200_IMG_0420.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/22/239505/s1200_IMG_0450.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/22/239506/s1200_IMG_0453.jpg[/img]
Mine in SC.

Dangg....wish I had met you a while back when I was a student at Clemson. Thinking about heading back down to that area in about a...
Dangg....wish I had met you a while back when I was a student at Clemson. Thinking about heading back down to that area in about a year or so (Greenville most likely). Place looks awesome!
I am 10 minutes from Clemson. The track is actually on Winkopp's property. You might have heard of him.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/24/2018 2:38pm
Here’s an google maps shot of our track at a friends property. It’s pretty rough and is awesome after a rain!

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
1/24/2018 2:52pm
So which one of you is going to adopt meh? My bags are packed.
Lightning78
1/24/2018 5:51pm
Does ANYBODY have a track or know anyone with a track i Norcal near the Stockton/Linden area??? I just moved back here and picked up a sweeeet 2003 KX250 and I literally dont have ANYBODY to ride with and its really bumming me out.

All my old riding buddies that are younger than me (Just turned 39) have quit telling me theyre all too old and fat to ride anymore and have just given it up...I have a cousin that rides lie twice a year in the mountains but wont go near a track and im dying to ride some moto on a regular basis.

There are a few tracks from me but they are all at least an hour and a half or more away ....some kid has a nice track 4 miles from my house off HWY26 but it looks like it hasnt been touched in years and I dont know the people that live there. Nothing would make me happier than having a spot to regularly ride moto around here......having moved back after 18 years in Socal to help my parents out a little im so bored outta my mind with nowhere to ride. Ill be hitting up club moto but at $30 to ride and at least $20 round trip in gas, it adds up super fast.

As I understand it, Ione sands MX hs closed due to lack of being able to pull permits??
Katoomey
1/24/2018 6:06pm
Tumic wrote:
I live in a simular way here in sweden, a small house with my girlfriend and we have fox, deer and moose on the property almost...

of course...there are no toxic animals in Sweden. thats funny. is there anything bad or sharp or dangerous in Sweden?

kidding aside, what a lovely little place you have there. picturesque. well done sir.
TJMX947
1/24/2018 7:25pm
Mojo - Love your set up man. Hopefully I get there one day. After 10 years in the real world the wife and i are trying to set outselves up to enjoy life. After losing parents you realize there's more to life than working to make someone else rich.
motomojo
1/24/2018 7:46pm
TJMX947 wrote:
Mojo - Love your set up man. Hopefully I get there one day. After 10 years in the real world the wife and i are trying...
Mojo - Love your set up man. Hopefully I get there one day. After 10 years in the real world the wife and i are trying to set outselves up to enjoy life. After losing parents you realize there's more to life than working to make someone else rich.
Thx It's a lot of work but what you produce you keep so it's enjoyable unlike labor for someone else's benefit which is not. Big difference between work and labor.
Good luck hope you make it out of the circus. Be intent.
TJMX947
1/24/2018 7:55pm
kb-450 wrote:
Of course TJ. Have to let me know when you're down this way. Problem with my track is since I ride ruts almost exclusively, I really...
Of course TJ. Have to let me know when you're down this way. Problem with my track is since I ride ruts almost exclusively, I really suck on hard pack flat turns.
No worries, I grew up ridimg sand and I STRUGGLE in the ruts.
JM485
1/24/2018 8:36pm
Does ANYBODY have a track or know anyone with a track i Norcal near the Stockton/Linden area??? I just moved back here and picked up a...
Does ANYBODY have a track or know anyone with a track i Norcal near the Stockton/Linden area??? I just moved back here and picked up a sweeeet 2003 KX250 and I literally dont have ANYBODY to ride with and its really bumming me out.

All my old riding buddies that are younger than me (Just turned 39) have quit telling me theyre all too old and fat to ride anymore and have just given it up...I have a cousin that rides lie twice a year in the mountains but wont go near a track and im dying to ride some moto on a regular basis.

There are a few tracks from me but they are all at least an hour and a half or more away ....some kid has a nice track 4 miles from my house off HWY26 but it looks like it hasnt been touched in years and I dont know the people that live there. Nothing would make me happier than having a spot to regularly ride moto around here......having moved back after 18 years in Socal to help my parents out a little im so bored outta my mind with nowhere to ride. Ill be hitting up club moto but at $30 to ride and at least $20 round trip in gas, it adds up super fast.

As I understand it, Ione sands MX hs closed due to lack of being able to pull permits??
In the summer time I ride track pretty much every weekend so I'm open to get a ride in, but for now during the rainy season it's all trails and hillclimbs for me. Diablo Mx (aka Sand Hill) would be closer to you than Club I think, and if you're in Stockton then Argyll should be close to you as well. Three tracks up in Marysville would be an option for you, but it's a little bit farther of a drive. I'll be back out there once red sticker season is over at the end of spring, so if you see a bike with 485 on it come say hi, I'm out at all of these tracks all the time.
Ted722
1/24/2018 8:45pm
Does ANYBODY have a track or know anyone with a track i Norcal near the Stockton/Linden area??? I just moved back here and picked up a...

JM485 wrote:
In the summer time I ride track pretty much every weekend so I'm open to get a ride in, but for now during the rainy season...
In the summer time I ride track pretty much every weekend so I'm open to get a ride in, but for now during the rainy season it's all trails and hillclimbs for me. Diablo Mx (aka Sand Hill) would be closer to you than Club I think, and if you're in Stockton then Argyll should be close to you as well. Three tracks up in Marysville would be an option for you, but it's a little bit farther of a drive. I'll be back out there once red sticker season is over at the end of spring, so if you see a bike with 485 on it come say hi, I'm out at all of these tracks all the time.
Good info Josh. Invite him over to Carnegie too. I bet you could take him on some loops that would be worth his while! That '03 KX of his would be perfect.
MBR
1/24/2018 8:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2018 8:58pm
Tumic wrote:

I’m pretty sure you have vipers (huggorm) in Sweden also.
Tumic
1/24/2018 10:53pm
MBR wrote:
I’m pretty sure you have vipers (huggorm) in Sweden also.
Yeah but the content is so small so they are not a threat to a human
Tumic
1/24/2018 10:55pm
Tumic wrote:

Katoomey wrote:
of course...there are no toxic animals in Sweden. thats funny. is there anything bad or sharp or dangerous in Sweden? kidding aside, what a lovely little...
of course...there are no toxic animals in Sweden. thats funny. is there anything bad or sharp or dangerous in Sweden?

kidding aside, what a lovely little place you have there. picturesque. well done sir.
Well, we have plenty of muslims Whistling
JM485
1/25/2018 6:47am

JM485 wrote:
In the summer time I ride track pretty much every weekend so I'm open to get a ride in, but for now during the rainy season...
Ted722 wrote:
Good info Josh. Invite him over to Carnegie too. I bet you could take him on some loops that would be worth his while! That '03...
Good info Josh. Invite him over to Carnegie too. I bet you could take him on some loops that would be worth his while! That '03 KX of his would be perfect.
I get a little hesitant to invite people out there, just due tot he type of riding we do, not everyone enjoys or handles it well.Laughing We still need to get a ride in, hopefully this summer I can get up your way a little more often.
Bultaco
1/25/2018 7:16am
This and a GS Beemer. Just saying.

Ted722
1/25/2018 8:10am

You should really look into the OTHG. You're the perfect age and your local chapter would be www.sierraothg.com. A lot of cool tracks, practice days on Saturday, racing on Sunday. At least go out to one to check it out with or without your bike. Age and skill based, so you'd be riding with the appropriate group. The season starts at Oatfield this weekend near Turlock. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here's the schedule:

Race 1. January 27 & 28 - - Sierra OTHG Host = The Oatfield
Race 2. February 10 & 11 - - Bay OTHG Host = Hollister
Race 3. February 24 & 25 - - Sierra OTHG Host = E-St MX
Race 4. March 10 & 11 - - Bay OTHG Host = Argyll MX
Race 5. March 24 & 25 - - Sierra OTHG Host = MMX (GP Format / Same as 2017 Race)
Race 6. April 7 & 8 - - Sierra OTHG National Warm Up = Hangtown
April 14 - - OTHG Joint Club Ride Day (And Immediate Family Only) = Hangtown
Race 7. April 27, 28, & 29 - - Sierra OTHG National = Hangtown
Race 8. May 12 - - Bay OTHG Host = Little Okie (No Saturday Practice)
Race 9. May 25, 26, & 27 - - Reno National = Fernley Nevada
Race 10. July 14 & 15 - - Bay OTHG Host = Club Moto
Race 11. July 28 & 29 - - Bay OTHG Host = 408
Race 12. August 18 & 19 - - Bay OTHG Warm Up = Hollister
Race 13. August 31 & September 1 & 2 - - Bay OTHG National = Hollister
Race 14. September 15 & 16 - - Sierra OTHG Host = Riverfront **2 Stroke Race**
Race 15. October 12,13 & 14 - - South National = Cal City
Race 16. October 20 & 21 - - Sierra OTHG Host = Hangtown **Cancer Relay Race**
October 27 - - OTHG Joint Club Ride Day (And Immediate Family Only) = Location TBD???
Race 17. November 9, 10, & 11 - - Valley National = Tulare
Ted722
1/25/2018 8:17am
JM485 wrote:
Ted722 wrote:
Good info Josh. Invite him over to Carnegie too. I bet you could take him on some loops that would be worth his while! That '03...
JM485 wrote:
I get a little hesitant to invite people out there, just due tot he type of riding we do, not everyone enjoys or handles it well.:laugh...
I get a little hesitant to invite people out there, just due tot he type of riding we do, not everyone enjoys or handles it well.Laughing We still need to get a ride in, hopefully this summer I can get up your way a little more often.
I hear you! Maybe I could dust off the CR500 and have some fun out there. No pics or video though! Laughing
Tracktor
1/25/2018 9:43am
Build/prep pics-

KTM 85 whips of ramp--

Post a reply to: Show us your private tracks

The Latest