Show us your 2021 crf450

Wolfey
3/12/2021 8:08am
Meister wrote:
Thinking of an extra wheel set too.. were you able to use previous years?
Previous years fit. I have some on mine now.
afk66
3/12/2021 9:38am
Meister wrote:
Wolfey wrote:
Yup previous years fit no problem. 2014+
D_Mash336
3/15/2021 7:05pm
Meister wrote:
Wolfey wrote:
afk66 wrote:
I thought they changed the hubs for 21.
D_Mash336
3/15/2021 7:08pm
Just a heads up for everyone. I wouldn't follow the torque specs out of the manual too strictly.

For example; drain plug states 13 ft lbs of torque after putting oil on the threads. From my research that is damn near 25 ft lbs of dry torque. In other words, the drain plug will seize if you follow the manuals reccomendations.

only speaking from learning the hard way hahahah

The Shop

afk66
3/17/2021 3:33pm
Wolfey wrote:
afk66 wrote:
D_Mash336 wrote:
I thought they changed the hubs for 21.
It’s a different part number but the spacing is the same.
Meister
3/19/2021 9:21am
Heres a little review I did that I posted on Facebook.

Today I finally got a chance to do some real world testing on my WE. Up until now, I've only been able to ride it on tight indoor tracks and pressure situations (Daytona). The track I rode today was Grear’s Motorsports Park in Zanesville Ohio. It's a real outdoor moto with rolling hills and some nice jumps.

I started with what I had been riding in tune wise with what TDR Motorsports had done with mapping. This was map 3 and a mix of no traction control and 2.

Here's the order of how I "tested".

Map 3
I started with no traction control. It rips! Crispy and just goes! Very strong but still very useful power in my opinion. I've always been a guy who likes good bottom.
Traction control on 1 - I honestly couldn't tell much difference in a full lap.
Traction control on 2 - I felt this shined. Not noticable on high speed straights or jumping, but in corners I felt very connected. I liked it. I felt like I was able to carry better corner speed on the exits due to the connected feeling.
Traction control on 3 - felt very similar to 2, but when pushing on jump faces I could feel it. I think this would be ideal in mud or on something super slick but I didn't really like the sensation it gave in certain areas.

Map 2
Very, very mellow but nice and crisp. I didn't spend a ton of time on this one because it definitely smoothed out the bottom. May be good in mud or slick, but wasn't really my style. I only rode this with no TC because I didn't even feel like it needed it.

Map 1
Mind you, this is the locked tune that can't be altered, so this was Hondas tune, not TDR's.
No TC - I did feel the gurgle finally. It wasn't drastically and was only in the pits and 1 super slow and tight nearly 180 turn. The rest of the track, I didn't notice a gurgle, but I did notice I still had an acceptable punch but not as much nuts as map 3.
TC 2 - same as reported in map 3, just a little less oomph to worry about. Worked well.
I didn't ride this map in TC 3 because I didn't feel the need or want based on my observations in map 3.

Overall, map 3 with TC on 2 will be my go-to on most tracks. I think at a super sandy track, I'll go with map 3 and no TC.

I'm 219 pounds and running .52 front springs and 6.0 rear. Sag set, checked, verified at 106. I feel it suits me very well for mainly stock suspension, but I think with valving to help keep up in the stroke a little better would be a benefit.

Sorry about my wife's crappy iphone pics. Lol

Rg43mx
Fantasy
2540th
3/20/2021 4:35am
Make sure the wires to the start button have some slack. I barely tipped over the other day and the wires ripped right out from the housing. Just want to give a heads up luckily I was at home and had wire to re splice everything back together. Have a ride engineering button on the way as well as a secondary nihlio concepts button. Would not have been happy if I’d been out trail riding or something. Other then that bike is great.
Meister
3/20/2021 6:52am
Rg43mx wrote:
Make sure the wires to the start button have some slack. I barely tipped over the other day and the wires ripped right out from the...
Make sure the wires to the start button have some slack. I barely tipped over the other day and the wires ripped right out from the housing. Just want to give a heads up luckily I was at home and had wire to re splice everything back together. Have a ride engineering button on the way as well as a secondary nihlio concepts button. Would not have been happy if I’d been out trail riding or something. Other then that bike is great.
I'd like to figure out how to eliminate the big switch on the left. I'd be ok sticking with my map 3 and tc on 2 then placing a normal kill switch there.. I might do the secondary start button too..
rjs3118
3/22/2021 9:44am
In that video they state that WE has none of the ecu mapping issues of the regular R. Can anyone confirm that? I want to know if I should bring mine in for the remap available to the R owners or if the WE is improved from that. Thanks, that video review is awesome by the way!!
D_Mash336
3/22/2021 9:52am
rjs3118 wrote:
In that video they state that WE has none of the ecu mapping issues of the regular R. Can anyone confirm that? I want to know...
In that video they state that WE has none of the ecu mapping issues of the regular R. Can anyone confirm that? I want to know if I should bring mine in for the remap available to the R owners or if the WE is improved from that. Thanks, that video review is awesome by the way!!
There was an ecu reflash for the WE as well, Keefer mentions it in his review of the WE.

My bike received the reflash before I took it home. I have had nothing but a good experience with the mapping on it.
mattbmx63
3/22/2021 10:07am

Had the remap done and took the bike for first ride yesterday. Runs awesome, suspension needs some break in time for sure. Coming for an 18 CRF450R the 21WE turns much better, better power delivery and feels lighter when riding.
hubbardmx50
3/22/2021 10:30am
mattbmx63 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/22/484418/s1200_EAECEA9B_4951_451D_8491_4B265EA99485.jpg[/img] Had the remap done and took the bike for first ride yesterday. Runs awesome, suspension needs some break in time for sure. Coming for an...

Had the remap done and took the bike for first ride yesterday. Runs awesome, suspension needs some break in time for sure. Coming for an 18 CRF450R the 21WE turns much better, better power delivery and feels lighter when riding.
Where’s you get the blue overflow hose? Looks pretty just like HRC.
moto314
3/22/2021 10:34am
Just picked mine up from mxengineer1 on Saturday. Only rode it around the yard so far, feels very responsive.

rjs3118
3/22/2021 10:39am
rjs3118 wrote:
In that video they state that WE has none of the ecu mapping issues of the regular R. Can anyone confirm that? I want to know...
D_Mash336 wrote:
There was an ecu reflash for the WE as well, Keefer mentions it in his review of the WE. My bike received the reflash before I...
There was an ecu reflash for the WE as well, Keefer mentions it in his review of the WE.

My bike received the reflash before I took it home. I have had nothing but a good experience with the mapping on it.
Awesome, thank you. Does anyone know if you can bring it into a local dealer if you bought yours out of town?

Also, I’d love to get gold rims and the same seat in blue for 80s cr look. Any suggestions for rims?
303MX
3/22/2021 10:44am
rjs3118 wrote:
D_Mash336 wrote:
There was an ecu reflash for the WE as well, Keefer mentions it in his review of the WE. My bike received the reflash before I...

rjs3118 wrote:
Awesome, thank you. Does anyone know if you can bring it into a local dealer if you bought yours out of town? Also, I’d love to...
Awesome, thank you. Does anyone know if you can bring it into a local dealer if you bought yours out of town?

Also, I’d love to get gold rims and the same seat in blue for 80s cr look. Any suggestions for rims?
Yes, any Honda dealer can perform the reflash.

My dealer didn’t know about the reflash or have the cord they need to do it. Took it to another dealer across town, and they did it at no charge.
mxb2
3/22/2021 10:51am
D_Mash336 wrote:

rjs3118 wrote:
Awesome, thank you. Does anyone know if you can bring it into a local dealer if you bought yours out of town? Also, I’d love to...

303MX wrote:
Yes, any Honda dealer can perform the reflash. My dealer didn’t know about the reflash or have the cord they need to do it. Took it...
Yes, any Honda dealer can perform the reflash.

My dealer didn’t know about the reflash or have the cord they need to do it. Took it to another dealer across town, and they did it at no charge.
Not all.honda dealers can,. I would call make sure they have the tool needed
3/22/2021 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 1:11pm
rjs3118 wrote:

Tusk hubs from RMATV, Excel hoops and spoke kits from Faster USA is what I did.

rjs3118
3/22/2021 1:19pm
rjs3118 wrote:

Tusk hubs from RMATV, Excel hoops and spoke kits from Faster USA is what I did. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/22/484475/s1200_4417C4E0_A2BE_4EFC_BB3C_A88F725BDE40.jpg[/img]
Tusk hubs from RMATV, Excel hoops and spoke kits from Faster USA is what I did.

Awesome! Did you assemble them yourself? I never did it
3/22/2021 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 1:25pm
I did, they were actually the spares from my ‘18 I just re-laced with the gold rims. It isn’t very hard to do, there are lots of videos on YouTube to walk you through it. Just need a truing stand.

If you don’t want to lace them up yourself I would still reach out to Faster USA.
mattbmx63
3/22/2021 5:49pm
Where’s you get the blue overflow hose? Looks pretty just like HRC.
Fuel-line.com
303MX
3/23/2021 7:21am
Any of you guys who going up a spring rate on the shock also revalving it?

I’m having the forks revalved, but wondering about doing the shock too.
Rg43mx
Fantasy
2540th
3/23/2021 4:46pm
I’m about to go with a 5.7 rear shock. I weigh 185 race 30+A when I race. Mostly just like to ride race maybe once or twice a year anymore. My rear shock feels terrible if I slightly land to flat i feel it in my back. I am by far a picky rider when it comes to suspension. I race a 99 kx500 with stock shock and a stock psf1 fork and love it. This shock feels way to soft. I ended going all the way stiff on the compression to get it to feel decent. I hope the rear shock feels better with just a spring without doing a revalve.
nick610s
3/23/2021 5:33pm
303MX wrote:
Any of you guys who going up a spring rate on the shock also revalving it? I’m having the forks revalved, but wondering about doing the...
Any of you guys who going up a spring rate on the shock also revalving it?

I’m having the forks revalved, but wondering about doing the shock too.
Do both ends otherwise the balance of the bike will be off. Both ends are soft.
fogmoto
3/27/2021 2:00pm

Cant wait to ride this beast! Snow is finally gone in NY, so I should be getting out there shortly. Had the remap done and got my numbers on. Have some Ti Hammerhead footpegs to install still, along with some other goodies.
rjs3118
3/27/2021 5:47pm
fogmoto wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/27/485233/s1200_IMG_1574.jpg[/img] Cant wait to ride this beast! Snow is finally gone in NY, so I should be getting out there shortly. Had the remap done and...

Cant wait to ride this beast! Snow is finally gone in NY, so I should be getting out there shortly. Had the remap done and got my numbers on. Have some Ti Hammerhead footpegs to install still, along with some other goodies.
Looks awesome! Where about in NY? I’m in WNY.
fogmoto
3/27/2021 6:10pm
fogmoto wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/27/485233/s1200_IMG_1574.jpg[/img] Cant wait to ride this beast! Snow is finally gone in NY, so I should be getting out there shortly. Had the remap done and...

rjs3118 wrote:
Looks awesome! Where about in NY? I’m in WNY.
Thanks! I'm in Orange county. About an hour north of NYC. Usually hit Holiday Mtn, Walden and Orange County mx. Or any other place I can find to ride.
3/30/2021 12:01pm
what is everyone running for sag on these bikes. I got the revalve and my tuner told me 110sag. Keefer recommends 106 on stock valving
afk66
3/30/2021 4:08pm
mxrider118 wrote:
what is everyone running for sag on these bikes. I got the revalve and my tuner told me 110sag. Keefer recommends 106 on stock valving
I’m revalved running stock springs. Currently at 108mm started with 105mm. 2mm fork height. Seems to be better, I do feel like even with the revalve the front / rear is soft.

Post a reply to: Show us your 2021 crf450

The Latest