Show off your late 90s YZ250s

Related:
Create New Tag

12/18/2017 1:44 AM

Currently building a 98 yz250 and looking for some ideas/inspiration. I would love to see what you guys have done to your 90s YZ250s... From stock to super trick and everything in between post em up!

|

12/18/2017 5:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 7:24 AM

Photo

1998 yz250. Still not done yet, but I can't wait to ride it. It does have an fmf pipe now, 2005 forks, 07 yz250f triple clamps. Still have a few things to get for her before she's ready
|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/18/2017 7:53 AM

I did a 97 up last year for unadilla rewind. Bought sss forks/front end off an 08 at unadilla. Rode it at southwick & sold it


Photo

Photo

|

12/18/2017 8:35 AM

Gotta '95 in the works. It's going to be a bit, though.Photo

|

12/18/2017 9:38 AM

DTR830 wrote:

I did a 97 up last year for unadilla rewind. Bought sss forks/front end off an 08 at unadilla. Rode it at southwick & sold it


Photo

Photo

Why'd you sell it?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/18/2017 10:26 AM

only wanted it for unadilla rewind & wanted a new bike

|

12/18/2017 10:55 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote: Photo

1998 yz250. Still not done yet, but I can't wait to ride it. It does have an fmf pipe now, 2005 forks, 07 yz250f triple clamps. Still have a few things to get for her before she's ready

That will be a sweet bike.

07-ish YZ250F shock with the HSCD and Ti spring would be a nice touch.

|

12/18/2017 12:32 PM

calcoast wrote:

Currently building a 98 yz250 and looking for some ideas/inspiration. I would love to see what you guys have done to your 90s YZ250s... From stock to super trick and everything in between post em up!

Photo

|

12/18/2017 12:35 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote: Photo

1998 yz250. Still not done yet, but I can't wait to ride it. It does have an fmf pipe now, 2005 forks, 07 yz250f triple clamps. Still have a few things to get for her before she's ready

Adam43 wrote:

That will be a sweet bike.

07-ish YZ250F shock with the HSCD and Ti spring would be a nice touch.

I'll have to look into doing that. Curious to see what modifications are required

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/18/2017 1:48 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

My restored 97 yz125. Not a 250 but figured I’d post it. Currently sitting in the garage because the one thing I didn’t replace was the clutch basket and hub which decided to crap out and now I can’t shift above 2nd gear...so now I’m waiting till I have $500 to throw at a new hub and basket. Besides that everything on it is brand new. Gotta get some graphics over the winter.
|

12/18/2017 8:50 PM

What kind of plastics kits are you guys using? I like the look of the newer style front number plates.

|

12/18/2017 8:51 PM

calcoast wrote:

What kind of plastics kits are you guys using? I like the look of the newer style front number plates.

Just used the 06-09 front fender and number plate

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/18/2017 8:52 PM

calcoast wrote:

Currently building a 98 yz250 and looking for some ideas/inspiration. I would love to see what you guys have done to your 90s YZ250s... From stock to super trick and everything in between post em up!

Hallzilla wrote: Photo

Lol, first thing I thought of when I saw his user name

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/19/2017 12:02 AM

calcoast wrote:

What kind of plastics kits are you guys using? I like the look of the newer style front number plates.

same I had 08 forks/clamps/brakes/wheel on mine.

|

12/19/2017 1:23 PM

Photo

|

12/19/2017 2:04 PM

Photo

|

12/20/2017 11:20 AM

oldandslow1 wrote: Photo

Love the old school red and white!!

|

12/20/2017 2:25 PM

oldandslow1 wrote: Photo

calcoast wrote:

Love the old school red and white!!

thanks man.

|

12/20/2017 2:43 PM

oldandslow1 wrote: Photo

Old school on the old school. Nice!

|

12/20/2017 8:35 PM

Photo

My wife's plated '99 on the left, my old '00 on the right,
|

13 YZ450 | 12 WR450 | 06 YZ250 | 04 TXT 280 Pro

12/20/2017 10:55 PM

pmshortt2 wrote: Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

My restored 97 yz125. Not a 250 but figured I’d post it. Currently sitting in the garage because the one thing I didn’t replace was the clutch basket and hub which decided to crap out and now I can’t shift above 2nd gear...so now I’m waiting till I have $500 to throw at a new hub and basket. Besides that everything on it is brand new. Gotta get some graphics over the winter.

Good looking bike!

|