Show me your local track that’s too gnarly for you.

Edited Date/Time 3/15/2018 8:03pm
Pics, videos, whatever you got. I want to see the tracks that are ruining the sport to where nobody want to go ride these places.

We don’t have these tracks in Kansas City so I’m curious where you have them and what they’re like. I keep reading comments about how the tracks now days are too wicked.

Show me.
|
Mx286
3/14/2018 1:53pm
Yea I’d like to see all these “Do or Die” jumps everyone is talking about.
Donovan759
3/14/2018 1:57pm
I'm pretty sure Tyler would be able to tell us a lot about "Do or Die" jumps.

The Shop

TXDirt
3/14/2018 2:13pm
This is why me and my boys stopped riding. How's an old time vet rider supposed to make it around this track? We are still looking for the peewee rider we lost last weekend.

https://youtu.be/d9OpwiKfVRI
ktmdan
3/14/2018 2:13pm
Village Creek used to be pretty bad. A couple people died there. I got seriously injured their as well. Haven't been in years though, could be better.
TXDirt
3/14/2018 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 2:27pm
ktmdan wrote:
Village Creek used to be pretty bad. A couple people died there. I got seriously injured their as well. Haven't been in years though, could be...
Village Creek used to be pretty bad. A couple people died there. I got seriously injured their as well. Haven't been in years though, could be better.
I rode/raced there all the time between 1995-2000 approximately. I always thought it was a good track and pretty safe. Had one big jump on the night time track that you didn't have to do. Loved the night time practice sessions. Was always packed. Good times at that place.

//Edit.

I thought track was pretty safe but I will say often times I saw some riders riding WAY over their head during night time practice. I think lack of rider understanding their limits is a far greater contributor to crashes then track and obstacle.
tobz
3/14/2018 2:23pm
We don't really have any local tracks that aren't open more than maybe twice a year. In contrast to being able to ride somewhere nearly every weekend as recent as 10 years ago.

Problem is lack of volunteers the run the show. It's killed the sport in this state.
MelonFan123
3/14/2018 2:35pm
I don't see a thread like this doing any good. Naming tracks and putting up video based on someone's preference or idea of "safe" and "fun" on a highly visible forum is just dumb.
Johnny Depp
3/14/2018 2:38pm
The track owner business is bad enough without throwing any of our good friends under the bus.
3/14/2018 2:44pm
Haven't been to a track in a long time that I didn't jump everything within the first couple laps. Back when Holy Schmidt was not miniature size in '06 or so, I literally couldn't get the drive to clear it on my 450. For the most part, all the tracks are fairly safe. Problem is the people making the decisions on the bike. People always going for things they have no business doing.
Forty
3/14/2018 3:04pm
See Millville...My last year racing there was 2012....in my 40s I could race 2 classes there each weekend, no worries. Now it just wipes me out. It's a rough one for sure. And their turnout is always 400 plus, so it's a crazy weekend at Millville.
kkawboy14
3/14/2018 3:22pm
I’m about to pull into Del Valle MX.....it’s as safe as they come
yz133rider
3/14/2018 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 3:31pm
Its not necessarily any one jump its just the number of jumps and obstacles for me. Many tracks are leaning more towards outdoor sx and less outdoor mx. Many riders barely have any business on an outdoor moto track let alone an outdoor track thats looking more and more supercross.

Njmp is one near me and etowns race track that both could do with trimming a couple jumps away. Lets the track actually have some flow and isnt just turn jump jump jump turn repeat. Its not any one particular jump, its just the quantity and lack of balance to what outdoor moto should be.

Before the ensuing bashfest begins... Keep in mind we are all pretty hardcore moto guys. I can name 5 friends of mine who wont come to the tracks because they are too jumpy and intimidating especiialy when crowded which is always. They ride but won't come to either track listed. Theyll ride in the woods or a tamer track few hours away.

So its not about us who its too intimidating for its about the guys not at the track anymore. I dont blame them either. Espeically with how insanely fast and sketchy c class practices and races are. Sone are as fast as a class, but with a heaping dose of sketch and brain damage.
Naanak
3/14/2018 3:31pm
yz133rider wrote:
Its not necessarily any one jump its just the number of jumps and obstacles for me. Many tracks are leaning more towards outdoor sx and less...
Its not necessarily any one jump its just the number of jumps and obstacles for me. Many tracks are leaning more towards outdoor sx and less outdoor mx. Many riders barely have any business on an outdoor moto track let alone an outdoor track thats looking more and more supercross.

Njmp is one near me and etowns race track that both could do with trimming a couple jumps away. Lets the track actually have some flow and isnt just turn jump jump jump turn repeat. Its not any one particular jump, its just the quantity and lack of balance to what outdoor moto should be.

Before the ensuing bashfest begins... Keep in mind we are all pretty hardcore moto guys. I can name 5 friends of mine who wont come to the tracks because they are too jumpy and intimidating especiialy when crowded which is always. They ride but won't come to either track listed. Theyll ride in the woods or a tamer track few hours away.

So its not about us who its too intimidating for its about the guys not at the track anymore. I dont blame them either. Espeically with how insanely fast and sketchy c class practices and races are. Sone are as fast as a class, but with a heaping dose of sketch and brain damage.
Agree with what you said. Fod was better with the original amount of jumps. Hopefully etown is a good mix after the redo.
yz133rider
3/14/2018 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 3:36pm
yz133rider wrote:
Its not necessarily any one jump its just the number of jumps and obstacles for me. Many tracks are leaning more towards outdoor sx and less...

Naanak wrote:
Agree with what you said. Fod was better with the original amount of jumps. Hopefully etown is a good mix after the redo.
Fod had perfect flow before. Great balance. They ruined it by adding in all the dopey jumps they did and the finish line section is downright sketchy. Rollers, corner, single, step up thru a bend, to whoops, to a triple, to a double, all back to back to back in a 20 second span. No time between any obstacle before the next. If you get out of shape and lose control your sending it into or off the next obstacle. And that's just you and the track, now add in other unpredictable riders and theres no room for error. Tracks need more margin for error and more balance to outdoor mx not outdoor sx.
yz133rider
3/14/2018 3:46pm
https://youtu.be/LRUKpgbxO9E

The jump at 30 seconds is massive and has sent many people to the hospital. They've reshaped it and its less dangerous but still is massive. But thats fine roll a jump if you cant i get it. The next two jumps werent there before and allowed a much better flow. Those two little jumps are so dumb not challenging but just not fun take them back out.

Starting at 1:43 the rollers are larger than the video lets on, which lead you thru a corner to a single to a step up which leans thru a corner directly into whoops, directly into a triple into a double. All at mach 10. That whole section leaves not enough room for error.

On the gopro it looks very mild the whoops amd rollers barely even appear like they are there.

Tweaking that last section and removing those dopey jumps at 30 seconds would restore this back to one of the best tracks ive ridden. As of now its tanked the fun factor and the safety to me.

Notice i am not even after removing the largest jumps on the track they are fine, you can roll them safely. If you roll that finish line area other riders are blasting thru there at a solid 40 mph to your 3mph. Its a dangerous section to roll in my opinion as your in the way all the way down the section.

Ive done that whole section cleanly dozens of times, one time got loose thru the whoops and sent it sideways off the triple, got banged up pretty bad. Im good after that. Ive seen plenty do similiar also.

ruy
3/14/2018 4:28pm
I think that if there is, there was because it is not open anymore, a circuit that intimidated was that of Saddleback Park.
With a mitic zones, Banzai Hill, Suicide Mountain, Magoo Duble

SoCalMX70
3/14/2018 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 4:31pm
I'd say the main track at LACR gets sketchy from time to time, but they are very good at listening to the riders and changing sections. Still, I'm a squid novice and mostly stick to the vet track, which is always way more packed with riders.

I think it's pretty telling that one of the most renowned tracks around here, Zaca Station, is mostly natural and has literally ONE double that you don't want to case.
ruy
3/14/2018 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 4:33pm

Saddleback Park
Killer Customz
3/14/2018 4:36pm
Being from Michigan, we have Baja Acres which can get pretty beat up and has some BIG jumps but I'd have to say of all the tracks I've been to across North America, Gopher Dunes in Canada is hands down the gnarliest track. The sand never stops, the finish line jump is HUGE and the rutts are are continuous around the track.

SwingHard
3/14/2018 5:25pm
Mammoth mountain, considered by MANY as one of the best natural motocross tracks there is, yet not one do or die jump! It may not be fun once the second motos come around but, at 53yrs.old It sure is rewarding just finishing that race! I will take ROUGH downhills and BIG braking bumps over steep,big sky shot jumps anyday!
yz133rider
3/14/2018 5:33pm
SwingHard wrote:
Mammoth mountain, considered by MANY as one of the best natural motocross tracks there is, yet not one do or die jump! It may not be...
Mammoth mountain, considered by MANY as one of the best natural motocross tracks there is, yet not one do or die jump! It may not be fun once the second motos come around but, at 53yrs.old It sure is rewarding just finishing that race! I will take ROUGH downhills and BIG braking bumps over steep,big sky shot jumps anyday!
Thsts on my bucket list!
xr70
3/14/2018 5:37pm
yz133rider wrote:
https://youtu.be/LRUKpgbxO9E The jump at 30 seconds is massive and has sent many people to the hospital. They've reshaped it and its less dangerous but still is...
https://youtu.be/LRUKpgbxO9E

The jump at 30 seconds is massive and has sent many people to the hospital. They've reshaped it and its less dangerous but still is massive. But thats fine roll a jump if you cant i get it. The next two jumps werent there before and allowed a much better flow. Those two little jumps are so dumb not challenging but just not fun take them back out.

Starting at 1:43 the rollers are larger than the video lets on, which lead you thru a corner to a single to a step up which leans thru a corner directly into whoops, directly into a triple into a double. All at mach 10. That whole section leaves not enough room for error.

On the gopro it looks very mild the whoops amd rollers barely even appear like they are there.

Tweaking that last section and removing those dopey jumps at 30 seconds would restore this back to one of the best tracks ive ridden. As of now its tanked the fun factor and the safety to me.

Notice i am not even after removing the largest jumps on the track they are fine, you can roll them safely. If you roll that finish line area other riders are blasting thru there at a solid 40 mph to your 3mph. Its a dangerous section to roll in my opinion as your in the way all the way down the section.

Ive done that whole section cleanly dozens of times, one time got loose thru the whoops and sent it sideways off the triple, got banged up pretty bad. Im good after that. Ive seen plenty do similiar also.

Nice track,jumps looks fun and safe with nice landings and good run at it. How ever there is one jump in the new layout at milestone what so far I did not send , 115 feet out of corner steep take of with short landing triple.
https://instagram.com/p/BfMAvS3nKPc/
mx621
3/14/2018 5:47pm
I ride FOD and etown which are both super safe. No big jumps and safe
I’m with you. Fod is my home track I think it’s a good combination of safe yet challenging. I’m just a vet B rider and I jump pretty much everything and never feel sketched out. Idk what all this fod is dangerous stuff is about.
yz133rider
3/14/2018 6:00pm
I ride FOD and etown which are both super safe. No big jumps and safe
mx621 wrote:
I’m with you. Fod is my home track I think it’s a good combination of safe yet challenging. I’m just a vet B rider and I...
I’m with you. Fod is my home track I think it’s a good combination of safe yet challenging. I’m just a vet B rider and I jump pretty much everything and never feel sketched out. Idk what all this fod is dangerous stuff is about.
That whole finish line section u feel is safe? U feel safe rolling thru that section on a busy day which is basically every open practice until august lol? I love the track love that they maintain it but it has gotteb nore jumpy since two seasons ago and i think it was much better before.
mx621
3/14/2018 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 6:15pm
I can’t say I’ve ever thought it was bad. I actually like that section. It’s fast and technical with the whoops. If the track is crowded I take my time and navigate through the other riders. I wish they kept that dragons back to single they had at the beginning of 2016. That was really fun and challenging.
Pirate421
3/14/2018 6:14pm
Rio Bravo Houston Texas, to this day one of my favorite tracks ever. Super safe, small jumps but just twisty and flows with great dirt through the trees. Love that place

Post a reply to: Show me your local track that’s too gnarly for you.

The Latest