Shoutout to Ping and WTS

dpingree101
9/8/2022 4:18pm
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events...
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events is stunning and the things that were going on his family shocked me.
We’ve got a lot of cool stuff coming. 👊🏼
KONG wrote:
DV says it lasts six hours...
Blink
We are breaking it into two 3-hour shows.
dpingree101
9/8/2022 4:19pm
thewrizzle wrote:
The biggest complaint I have is the length of time between each new episode.
Ha! We started out doing one every week, but most people simply can’t consume that much content. Two per month is still approximately seven hours per...
Ha! We started out doing one every week, but most people simply can’t consume that much content. Two per month is still approximately seven hours per month of JUST the WT show.
Gas7 wrote:
Is there a podcast version? Not finding it with beyondpod app on my phone.
Yes! iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher. Most pod hosts should carry it.
nornevrder
9/9/2022 6:54am
Ha! We started out doing one every week, but most people simply can’t consume that much content. Two per month is still approximately seven hours per...
Ha! We started out doing one every week, but most people simply can’t consume that much content. Two per month is still approximately seven hours per month of JUST the WT show.
Gas7 wrote:
I use SoundCloud as I found that Spotify didn’t have the old episodes. Btw Great show ping!!! I’m almost all caught up on the old content and am looking forward to the new stuff. It’s cool getting to know the riders and hearing their personality. AC was a bit disappointing but I think he was still pretty young during that interview.

The Shop

Rnewton632
Fantasy
1447th
9/9/2022 7:36am
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events...
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events is stunning and the things that were going on his family shocked me.
We’ve got a lot of cool stuff coming. 👊🏼
When you say a lot of cool stuff is coming, please say one of those is Bob Hannah! I know he’s an extremely hard interview to get, but I think your ease of conversation would bring out the best of him.
hubbardmx50
9/9/2022 11:26am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2022 11:27am
Gas7 wrote:
When does the DV episode drop? I'm ready to listen
McG194
9/9/2022 3:26pm
thewrizzle wrote:
The biggest complaint I have is the length of time between each new episode.
Gas7 wrote:
Try the Stitcher app, it's where I listen to the majority of my podcasts.

I even listen to Pulp on Stitcher because the Pulp app I bought is pretty much unusable. The freaking seek bar is where the pause button so the instant you pause the show it jumps ahead or behind. Garbage.
thewrizzle
9/9/2022 3:41pm
Gas7 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Try the Stitcher app, it's where I listen to the majority of my podcasts. I even listen to Pulp on Stitcher because the Pulp app I...
Try the Stitcher app, it's where I listen to the majority of my podcasts.

I even listen to Pulp on Stitcher because the Pulp app I bought is pretty much unusable. The freaking seek bar is where the pause button so the instant you pause the show it jumps ahead or behind. Garbage.
I just use the stock podcast app on the iPhone.
katooom
9/10/2022 5:14am
Ping does a great job. He obviously does his homework, prepares, organizes. It shows. Especially liked the Carmichael, Dungy/VIllo ones.

Keep it up Ping.Look forward to more!
wolf18
9/10/2022 6:20am
Ping is probably the best in the industry at interviewing and getting guests to feel comfortable and let their guard down a little. In my opinion...
Ping is probably the best in the industry at interviewing and getting guests to feel comfortable and let their guard down a little. In my opinion, he has the best podcast in the world of moto.

In the future, I hope he gets GL back as a co-host. He added a lot of humor to the show.

Can’t wait for the DV934 episode coming up.
I think it’s because ping is a real person, people can relate. With matthes, I feel like he leads his guests in the direction he wants it to go in his interviews and it’s all about his sponsors constantly. Ping always seems genuinely into what his guests have to say and can relate.
captmoto
9/10/2022 11:23pm
My opinion, Ping is really into the history of Moto and wants to hear all about it. Pulp is more current events. Both are good shows but Ping is at the top top right now. I thought the Star episode was the best but getting Tomac and Sexton together, even for just 10 minutes was amazing. Is anybody else thinking like that?
Can't wait for the DV episodes.
Ping, set up a go fund me for Avgas and get Hannah on board. Even if he pisses everyone off it will be a great episode.
jdsmooth
9/13/2022 8:15am
captmoto wrote:
My opinion, Ping is really into the history of Moto and wants to hear all about it. Pulp is more current events. Both are good shows...
My opinion, Ping is really into the history of Moto and wants to hear all about it. Pulp is more current events. Both are good shows but Ping is at the top top right now. I thought the Star episode was the best but getting Tomac and Sexton together, even for just 10 minutes was amazing. Is anybody else thinking like that?
Can't wait for the DV episodes.
Ping, set up a go fund me for Avgas and get Hannah on board. Even if he pisses everyone off it will be a great episode.
I agree with you, but when I first got into Pulp, I listened to all the old archives. Steve still definitely loves old moto, but he's already done career-summarizing interviews with a lot of the greats.

I have been really impressed that Ping is interviewing pros that were not superstars in their day. The Shae Bentley episode was killer. Meanwhile, Matthes' does a great job highlighting former mechanics and team managers in addition to former stars. I think they both are finding their niches, and I'm just grateful that the demand for moto podcasts is strong enough to justify so many great content producers.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/13/2022 10:06pm
Hey Ping. I know it's been brought up before and his answer was no......but I hope you're still putting a bug in the ear of Jody Weisel to come on the show.

Love him or hate him, he would be one of the all time best interviews....he is gold. So much history there, it'd have to be a two-parter!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
9/14/2022 1:25pm
Magoofan wrote:
Hey Ping. I know it's been brought up before and his answer was no......but I hope you're still putting a bug in the ear of Jody...
Hey Ping. I know it's been brought up before and his answer was no......but I hope you're still putting a bug in the ear of Jody Weisel to come on the show.

Love him or hate him, he would be one of the all time best interviews....he is gold. So much history there, it'd have to be a two-parter!
That would be an interesting one. Smile
I loved some of the old Jody's Box stories from back in the 1980's about his buddies... guy's like "Crazy Dave"!
Was always a fun read.
Darrin Willis
9/14/2022 1:48pm
I think Jody is too old school for a podcast. As a side note I'm from Canada and just before covid raced an rem race in the 50 expert class. Introduced myself to Jody. He was so gracious. Introduced me to all the mxa guys and the regular rem crew. I just listened to the betley and the Lackey interviews. Incredibly well done Ping. Im a huge fan.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/14/2022 1:54pm
Magoofan wrote:
Hey Ping. I know it's been brought up before and his answer was no......but I hope you're still putting a bug in the ear of Jody...

FastEddy wrote:
That would be an interesting one. :) I loved some of the old Jody's Box stories from back in the 1980's about his buddies... guy's like...
I loved some of the old Jody's Box stories from back in the 1980's about his buddies... guy's like "Crazy Dave"!
Was always a fun read.
I've been reading Jody's Box since the 80's.... they're still very entertaining. Especially when he gets into the "age" stories. The cast is all still there....Lovely Louella, Jimmy Mac, Crazy Dave, Fred Phalange, Monty Floyd etc etc

His most recent one about a nephew (October) is hilarious.

dpingree101
9/14/2022 5:45pm
Magoofan wrote:

FastEddy wrote:
That would be an interesting one. :) I loved some of the old Jody's Box stories from back in the 1980's about his buddies... guy's like...
Was always a fun read.
Magoofan wrote:
I've been reading Jody's Box since the 80's.... they're still very entertaining. Especially when he gets into the "age" stories. The cast is all still there....Lovely...
I've been reading Jody's Box since the 80's.... they're still very entertaining. Especially when he gets into the "age" stories. The cast is all still there....Lovely Louella, Jimmy Mac, Crazy Dave, Fred Phalange, Monty Floyd etc etc

I’ll keep asking… but he was adamant that he doesn’t do interviews.
Sully
9/14/2022 8:28pm
FastEddy wrote:
Was always a fun read.
Magoofan wrote:
I've been reading Jody's Box since the 80's.... they're still very entertaining. Especially when he gets into the "age" stories. The cast is all still there....Lovely...

I’ll keep asking… but he was adamant that he doesn’t do interviews.
Super Hunky would be another great old school guy to do a pod with. I know he did a pretty good one with Matthes years ago, but I'm not a fan of the phone interview, which is why I prefer WTS.

Post a reply to: Shoutout to Ping and WTS

The Latest