Shoutout to Ping and WTS

thewrizzle
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2022 8:28pm
The archive of interviews they have are pretty impressive. I like the style of running through the interviewees career from the back. I don’t think they get enough love.
|
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/6/2022 4:51pm
I'll 2nd that.

Excellent interview style, great to listen to instead of the bad news of the world while I work.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/6/2022 5:15pm
He does an amazing job with that show.
Long detailed interviews with some great stories.
AH387
9/6/2022 8:48pm
Great show. Ping, in general is 1 of my favorites. Whether it's interviews or bike tests, he's just cool to listen to. And when GL is on the show, i really like him also.
Mavetism
9/7/2022 7:48am
It's time to get Alex and Jeremy Martin on the show!

The Shop

bvm111
9/7/2022 7:56am
who downvotes Ping or WTS… great for the sport and great content!
AH387
9/7/2022 8:03am
Mavetism wrote:
It's time to get Alex and Jeremy Martin on the show!
That is a great idea.
uncledaddy69
Fantasy
1131st
9/7/2022 8:30am
Ping is probably the best in the industry at interviewing and getting guests to feel comfortable and let their guard down a little. In my opinion, he has the best podcast in the world of moto.

In the future, I hope he gets GL back as a co-host. He added a lot of humor to the show.

Can’t wait for the DV934 episode coming up.
Magoofan
9/7/2022 8:49am
bvm111 wrote:
Close minded petty people...that's who.

tonyd811
9/7/2022 9:46am
bvm111 wrote:
My guess would be people who are affected by his political views. At some point we all need to appreciate people for their talents or the fact that they are good people and not judge or base on being red or blue. Ping is amazing at WTS and his political view has nothing to do with that.
Soapbox rant over. hahahaha.
SX_336
9/7/2022 9:52am
bvm111 wrote:
tonyd811 wrote:
My guess would be people who are affected by his political views. At some point we all need to appreciate people for their talents or the...
My guess would be people who are affected by his political views. At some point we all need to appreciate people for their talents or the fact that they are good people and not judge or base on being red or blue. Ping is amazing at WTS and his political view has nothing to do with that.
So what you’re saying is there are a bunch of snowflake Karen’s that don’t like Ping because he’s right? 🤣🤣
uncledaddy69
Fantasy
1131st
9/7/2022 9:53am
bvm111 wrote:
tonyd811 wrote:
My guess would be people who are affected by his political views. At some point we all need to appreciate people for their talents or the...
He’s done a good job about not bringing politics into the show, which I’m grateful for.
petef930
9/7/2022 9:59am
Ping is probably the best in the industry at interviewing and getting guests to feel comfortable and let their guard down a little. In my opinion...
Ping is probably the best in the industry at interviewing and getting guests to feel comfortable and let their guard down a little. In my opinion, he has the best podcast in the world of moto.

In the future, I hope he gets GL back as a co-host. He added a lot of humor to the show.

Grant slows the show down. Turns everything into a story about him. However I enjoy the shows with and without him.
peelout
9/7/2022 10:06am
listened to the Shae Bentley show the other day and enjoyed it. dude had some dark days and a lot of bad injuries. i'm glad they got into his pain-pill addiction, it's real life shit. glad to hear he's cleaned up and wish him nothing but the best in his future.

keep it up Ping
McG194
9/7/2022 10:16am
bvm111 wrote:
tonyd811 wrote:
He’s done a good job about not bringing politics into the show, which I’m grateful for.
Tell me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions that differ from your own without telling me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions that differ from your own.

Hahaha couldn't resist, sorry.

As far as WTS I think the interviews and format is great. In its niche, it's the best show going. The new additions of Riders meeting and Sight Lap to the Whiskey Throttle media empire are great as well.
tonyd811
9/7/2022 10:40am
tonyd811 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Tell me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions that differ from your own without telling me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions...
Tell me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions that differ from your own without telling me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions that differ from your own.

As far as WTS I think the interviews and format is great. In its niche, it's the best show going. The new additions of Riders meeting and Sight Lap to the Whiskey Throttle media empire are great as well.
People are easily triggered and opinionated...which lead them to writing something off before giving it a chance. He does a great job with the show because he's great at what he does. But those same people who refuse to acknowledge this are probably the same people who follow him on Social media to comment on his personal views (and often dislike).

I read 1440 every morning for a reason...

uncledaddy69
Fantasy
1131st
9/7/2022 10:43am
tonyd811 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Tell me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions that differ from your own without telling me that you're a snowflake who hates hearing opinions...

People are entitled to their opinions and are free to express themselves accordingly, but theres a reason why I stay away from politically charged media (tv news, podcasts, radio, etc…). It has absolutely nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree with the message. I don’t need the anger or negativity in my life that their messages are designed to elicit.

Like I said, I’m glad Ping does a good job about not bringing politics into his show, when so many others can’t hold themselves back from injecting their own political agenda into everything they do in life. If that makes me a snowflake, then sure, go off.
McG194
9/7/2022 10:50am
McG194 wrote:

People are entitled to their opinions and are free to express themselves accordingly, but theres a reason why I stay away from politically charged media (tv...
People are entitled to their opinions and are free to express themselves accordingly, but theres a reason why I stay away from politically charged media (tv news, podcasts, radio, etc…). It has absolutely nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree with the message. I don’t need the anger or negativity in my life that their messages are designed to elicit.

Like I said, I’m glad Ping does a good job about not bringing politics into his show, when so many others can’t hold themselves back from injecting their own political agenda into everything they do in life. If that makes me a snowflake, then sure, go off.
I'm about 180 degrees from Steve Matthes politically and he does bring his politics into his show fairly often. I have the ability to ignore that part and go on with my life.

As far as calling you a snowflake, it was just good natured ball busting. No harm intended but when you throw me a Nerf toss I have to crush it. lol
davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/7/2022 12:20pm
I don't listen to all of them, but when it's someone who I'm interested in, they've usually been fantastic.
9/7/2022 12:50pm
Ping is probably the best in the industry at interviewing and getting guests to feel comfortable and let their guard down a little. In my opinion...

I disagree on the co-host, Ping is great by himself, I have liked all the 1 on 1 better than when they had an extra person there.
Hudd_421
9/7/2022 1:14pm
I've never heard politics brought into any of Matthes's long from 1 on 1 pods. He's done hundreds of great pods with so many guys over the years. People always seem to forget Steve's done so many already that are all great.

I like Pings Interview style alot as well.
bigsal
9/7/2022 1:30pm
WTS and Ping deliver every time for me regarding moto or politics....I enjoy having him involved in motocross.
dpingree101
9/8/2022 8:49am
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events is stunning and the things that were going on his family shocked me.
We’ve got a lot of cool stuff coming. 👊🏼
9/8/2022 8:52am
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events...
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events is stunning and the things that were going on his family shocked me.
Great to hear Ping, thanks for the great content. I'm a bit behind as I usually like to let a couple shows build up in my backlog then I go for them back to back throughout the week. Keep on keepin' on man Cool
Magoofan
9/8/2022 9:03am
Thanks for the nice words. Can’t wait for you guys to see/hear DV’s show… probably one of the best we’ve ever had. His recollection of events...
thewrizzle
9/8/2022 12:21pm
The biggest complaint I have is the length of time between each new episode.
dpingree101
9/8/2022 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2022 3:27pm
thewrizzle wrote:
Ha! We started out doing one every week, but most people simply can’t consume that much content. Two per month is still approximately seven hours per month of JUST the WT show.
Gas7
9/8/2022 2:59pm
thewrizzle wrote:
Ha! We started out doing one every week, but most people simply can’t consume that much content. Two per month is still approximately seven hours per...
Ha! We started out doing one every week, but most people simply can’t consume that much content. Two per month is still approximately seven hours per month of JUST the WT show.
Is there a podcast version? Not finding it with beyondpod app on my phone.
KONG
9/8/2022 3:11pm
DV says it lasts six hours...
Blink
Magoofan
9/8/2022 3:23pm
KONG wrote:
DV says it lasts six hours...
Blink
Core baby.....core.

Post a reply to: Shoutout to Ping and WTS

The Latest