Shout out to RockyMountain?

Cokeham23
Edited Date/Time 7/19/2018 9:10pm
Update: Called RMATV, they are emailing me a return label to ship the parts back. They said they are putting a gift card on my account as a thank you, and for the hassle of returning the parts.

Ordered some random little parts over the weekend, they just showed up today. Opened the box and saw a set of grips and grip glue in the box... I didn’t order grips, or glue. I looked some more and there’s an hour meter, thought for sure at this point they messed up my order, but nope, all my parts are there! Never had this happen, is it some type of customer appreciation thing, or they messed up and threw that stuff in my package?! Blink
|
plowboy
7/18/2018 4:07pm
Cokeham23 wrote:
Update: Called RMATV, they are emailing me a return label to ship the parts back. They said they are putting a gift card on my account...
Update: Called RMATV, they are emailing me a return label to ship the parts back. They said they are putting a gift card on my account as a thank you, and for the hassle of returning the parts.

Ordered some random little parts over the weekend, they just showed up today. Opened the box and saw a set of grips and grip glue in the box... I didn’t order grips, or glue. I looked some more and there’s an hour meter, thought for sure at this point they messed up my order, but nope, all my parts are there! Never had this happen, is it some type of customer appreciation thing, or they messed up and threw that stuff in my package?! Blink
Sorry Buddy...Santy Claus is not real. They screwed up. If you want to keep the goodies...pay for them. If you don't want them...ask for them to pay return postage. You'd expect them to do the right thing if they shorted your order.
bf884
7/18/2018 4:25pm
Would cost them more to pay return shipping than the items do at their cost. They will probably tell you to keep them.

The Shop

plowboy
7/18/2018 4:33pm
bf884 wrote:
Would cost them more to pay return shipping than the items do at their cost. They will probably tell you to keep them.
You could be correct but my gut always tells me to take every opportunity to do the right thing. If a fella can't do right with the small stuff then when dilemmas of importance crop up...well, don't expect a good decision.
Fog 25
Fantasy
1312th
7/18/2018 4:38pm
Call them and let them know. Great Mojo. Let us know what they say?
plowboy
7/18/2018 4:40pm
My point is this: Doing the right thing is rarely the easiest or most beneficial to the individual but is always the best for us as a collective group of humans living together on this rock. I now relinquish the pulpit.
Forty
7/18/2018 4:42pm
Yep. Call them and tell them they made a mistake. Let them decide if you keep it or not. Good business and good karma.
Ted722
7/18/2018 5:48pm
Moto Karma. You crash with those grips on, may you live to re-read plowboy’s and others input. At least call. That good energy will come back 10 fold.
HusqFan3
7/18/2018 6:23pm
Customer appreciation? Haha. I believe that’s what’s known as “rationalizing”...

“Grips and hour meters for all our beloved customers today”. Yea, that’ll be the day.
7/18/2018 6:45pm
plowboy wrote:
My point is this: Doing the right thing is rarely the easiest or most beneficial to the individual but is always the best for us as...
My point is this: Doing the right thing is rarely the easiest or most beneficial to the individual but is always the best for us as a collective group of humans living together on this rock. I now relinquish the pulpit.
Spare us the sanctimonious bullshit. It's $40 worth of merch. BFD.
BobPA
7/18/2018 6:51pm
Ted722 wrote:
Moto Karma. You crash with those grips on, may you live to re-read plowboy’s and others input. At least call. That good energy will come back...
Moto Karma. You crash with those grips on, may you live to re-read plowboy’s and others input. At least call. That good energy will come back 10 fold.
I need some of that good shit you’re smokin’.

Call them, I bet they just say keep it.
racer187x
7/18/2018 7:21pm
At least you got it. I ordered grips/bars/various bolts etc. last Monday. OnTrac delivered somewhere else and RMATV is giving me a bunch of shit about investigation after OnTrac already admitted to giving it to someone else. Their communication has been crap this time around.
7/18/2018 7:21pm
Anyone having HUGE problems with Rocky Mountain shipping when they use Ontrac as the shipper? Maybe it is only happening out west, but Ontrac has lost (not exaggerating here at all) 5 out of my last 6 Rocky Mountain orders. Holy Crap!!! So 2 day shipping has turned into like 10 to 12 day shipping . I love Rocky Mountain but will not use them anymore if their shipper can't get there stuff together. Anyone else experiencing issues with shipping from them or am I just having really bad luck???
racer187x
7/18/2018 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 7:30pm
Anyone having HUGE problems with Rocky Mountain shipping when they use Ontrac as the shipper? Maybe it is only happening out west, but Ontrac has lost...
Anyone having HUGE problems with Rocky Mountain shipping when they use Ontrac as the shipper? Maybe it is only happening out west, but Ontrac has lost (not exaggerating here at all) 5 out of my last 6 Rocky Mountain orders. Holy Crap!!! So 2 day shipping has turned into like 10 to 12 day shipping . I love Rocky Mountain but will not use them anymore if their shipper can't get there stuff together. Anyone else experiencing issues with shipping from them or am I just having really bad luck???
Holy shit, that's ironic.

In my line of business, we take care of the customer then argue with the shipper behind the scenes. I would never put the customer in the middle to figure it out.
7/18/2018 7:32pm
Dang, I did not see your post. Guess I am not the only one. They only need to lose 4 more of your orders for you to get caught up.Blink How Ontrac is still is business is beyond me. If you search them on Yelp they have like 1 star with tons of reviews, they are killing the reputations of good companies like Rocky Mountain....
KBOLTZ
7/18/2018 7:45pm
Anyone having HUGE problems with Rocky Mountain shipping when they use Ontrac as the shipper? Maybe it is only happening out west, but Ontrac has lost...
I’ve had the same issues out here in Cali. OnTrac is... offtrac cause they f’ed up and lost 2 of my packages. Not RMs fault but man that puts a damper on my orders.
7/18/2018 9:11pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
I’ve had the same issues out here in Cali. OnTrac is... offtrac cause they f’ed up and lost 2 of my packages. Not RMs fault but...
I’ve had the same issues out here in Cali. OnTrac is... offtrac cause they f’ed up and lost 2 of my packages. Not RMs fault but man that puts a damper on my orders.
Every order (approx. 30 in total) I've received from RMATVMC has come via OnTrac and I never had a problem until my last order. A few weeks back, I needed a new clutch pack for the weekend, so I ordered one on Tuesday morning, which put the delivery date that coming Thursday. Checked shipping status through OnTrac on Thursday at lunch only to find that it had arrived the previous night at a distribution center in Denver, CO. I knew that there was no way I was going to get my order in time to ride that weekend since Denver was something like 8-9 hours east of Salt Lake, whereas I am 6 hours west of Salt Lake. Seems like the mistake was OnTrac's and not Rocky Mountain's since the original shipping label was still on the box without any alteration when it arrived the middle of the following week. While I definitely don't fault Rocky Mountain for the snafu, the experience has made me hesitant to order anything from them that I need in order to ride by a certain date.
milliebays
7/18/2018 9:44pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
I’ve had the same issues out here in Cali. OnTrac is... offtrac cause they f’ed up and lost 2 of my packages. Not RMs fault but...
Last ontrac delivery driver i had didnt understand english. so there's that. theyre shady. don't do bsuiness with ppl who insist on ontrac.
Cokeham23
7/18/2018 10:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 10:58pm
I had already emailed them. If I don’t get a reply by morning, I’ll call. I was confused receiving this stuff. I’ve never had this happen before, my order has never been wrong from them either. Those are universal parts, cost on them is pretty cheap too, it’s not like they sent me a pipe or something that would be a very noticeable error. I didn’t know if they had done anything like this before or not, that’s why I started the thread.
KDXGarage
7/18/2018 11:32pm
A few months ago, they sent me two street bike o-rings along with what I ordered. I e-mailed them, and they sent me an e-mail with a pre paid FedEx label for me to print out and put on a package and mail them back. I e-mailed them back, as I wanted to just mail them by USPS instead of me driving all the way across town to FedEx with my time and gas money over their mistake. They said just keep them.
zehn
7/18/2018 11:38pm
Have had problems with OnTrac too. They’ve delivered several of my packages to the wrong address
SoCalMX70
7/19/2018 12:13am
Guess I'm lucky. OnTrac every single order and every single order arrives in 2 days and has the right stuff in the box.

And... I'd venture to say on average I've placed 1-2 orders per WEEK for the last year with RMATV.
plowboy
7/19/2018 3:31pm
plowboy wrote:
My point is this: Doing the right thing is rarely the easiest or most beneficial to the individual but is always the best for us as...
Sorry, I did come across rather strong. Here's a legitimate question for you. At what dollar amount does honesty kick in? I wasn't insinuating that the OP do anything more that shoot RM an e-mail to let them know he received some stuff he didn't order or pay for. I got the impression the OP is a fairly decent fella or he wouldn't have posted it here. Maybe he was hoping for a bunch of replies saying, "Hell yeah, Rocky Mtn always throws me free stuff cause I'm such a good customer". My question stands though...does honesty have a dollar limit?
Samuel
7/19/2018 8:09pm
Ontrac blows. I had two screw-ups in a row from RMATV through Ontrac, so the next order went to Motosport. Ontrac screwed it up as well. Same thing with ordering mtb parts from Jenson. Ontrac took an extra 3 days because it got sent to the wrong hub. I'm in the west as well, in Oregon.
wreckers
7/19/2018 8:51pm
Rocky Mountain and ontrac can both kiss my ass
HusqFan3
7/19/2018 8:59pm
plowboy wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Sorry, I did come across rather strong. Here's a legitimate question for you. At what dollar amount does honesty kick in? I wasn't insinuating that the...
Sorry, I did come across rather strong. Here's a legitimate question for you. At what dollar amount does honesty kick in? I wasn't insinuating that the OP do anything more that shoot RM an e-mail to let them know he received some stuff he didn't order or pay for. I got the impression the OP is a fairly decent fella or he wouldn't have posted it here. Maybe he was hoping for a bunch of replies saying, "Hell yeah, Rocky Mtn always throws me free stuff cause I'm such a good customer". My question stands though...does honesty have a dollar limit?
Mine does. It kicks in at $5,826. Anything less and i assume it’s customer appreciation day; )
HusqFan3
7/19/2018 9:10pm
Did a moderator really go through and delete all the thumbs downs to the various sanctimony posts? All I know is yesterday there were a ton(none by me fwiw) and now there are only thumbs up? So now we’re moderating thumbs down/ups so they reflect how the mods think people should feel as opposed to how they do? Hilarious...
milliebays
7/19/2018 11:05pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Did a moderator really go through and delete all the thumbs downs to the various sanctimony posts? All I know is yesterday there were a ton(none...
Did a moderator really go through and delete all the thumbs downs to the various sanctimony posts? All I know is yesterday there were a ton(none by me fwiw) and now there are only thumbs up? So now we’re moderating thumbs down/ups so they reflect how the mods think people should feel as opposed to how they do? Hilarious...
they like to keep this place a safe space for feelings.

Post a reply to: Shout out to RockyMountain?

The Latest