Shoulder contusion or broken collar bone?

nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
1/15/2018 9:41am
Is "shoulder contusion" the new code word for teams when its a broken collar bone? Because that's what it looks like. The way Wilson and Tomac were riding I'd say they have hairline cracks and can ride, but painful as hell.

Similar to the "Epstein Barr Virus"; riders that didn't like the bike or team claimed the virus was the problem. Then sure enough, a few months later they change teams and ride better than ever.

Its all the head case thing, like Tomac and Kawasaki not saying anything about him missing the night's racing until the gate drop of Heat 1... stupid.
|
Rockinar
1/15/2018 10:48am
If it was broken or cracked they would not be out there trying. But thanks for the input Dr.
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
1/15/2018 12:09pm
If I was KAWASAKI, spending that kind of money on a rider to win a title, I'd make him ride the heat race at least. And yeah if it was hairline cracked, not a split, you could ride. I've seen it done before. Feed him a few pain killers and let him rip. haha
tkimb
1/15/2018 12:30pm
nrosso391 wrote:
If I was KAWASAKI, spending that kind of money on a rider to win a title, I'd make him ride the heat race at least. And...
If I was KAWASAKI, spending that kind of money on a rider to win a title, I'd make him ride the heat race at least. And yeah if it was hairline cracked, not a split, you could ride. I've seen it done before. Feed him a few pain killers and let him rip. haha
So if you were paying someone a ton of money to ride and win, and they got hurt, you'd make them go ride anyway, do poorly, worsen the injury even more, and piss them off? Smart.
1/15/2018 12:40pm
nrosso391 wrote:
If I was KAWASAKI, spending that kind of money on a rider to win a title, I'd make him ride the heat race at least. And...
Did you see him try to ride practice? I doubt it, because if so, you wouldn't post something this dumb. I don't think he even made the night show.

The Shop

Forty
1/15/2018 12:41pm
nrosso391 wrote:
Eli made the call saying it was too weak to perform....better/safer for him and everyone he's racing.
kkawboy14
1/15/2018 12:48pm
nrosso391 wrote:
Do you even ride Bro? Get a cat!
1/15/2018 2:28pm
Medical evaluation based on how someone got up and rode/didnt ride......accurate.
Brent
1/15/2018 2:42pm
How does the OP determine if an injury is a dislocated shoulder, torn labrum, SLAP tear, torn rotator cuff, or collar bone fracture?

His TV must have that new "X-Ray" feature?

Explain your methodology and diagnostic secrets to us Mr. Wizard...
1/15/2018 3:20pm
Rockinar wrote:
If it was broken or cracked they would not be out there trying. But thanks for the input Dr.
You don’t remember ezra lusk I see.
Drtbykr
1/15/2018 5:19pm
Had a crash like Tomac, needed an alignment. Distal clavicle excision. What do I have in common with an elite pro mx’er, nothing and everything. Same body parts, same risk of every time you get on a motorcycle and push like blank, crashes happen.

I think contusion might have been an oversimplified, low diagnosis press release for #3.
mxjon454
1/15/2018 5:30pm
nrosso391 wrote:
tkimb wrote:
So if you were paying someone a ton of money to ride and win, and they got hurt, you'd make them go ride anyway, do poorly...
So if you were paying someone a ton of money to ride and win, and they got hurt, you'd make them go ride anyway, do poorly, worsen the injury even more, and piss them off? Smart.
Yaa that seems like his logic. Luckily he isnt the boss at kawi lol
1/15/2018 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 5:40pm
nrosso391 wrote:
Is "shoulder contusion" the new code word for teams when its a broken collar bone? Because that's what it looks like. The way Wilson and Tomac...
Is "shoulder contusion" the new code word for teams when its a broken collar bone? Because that's what it looks like. The way Wilson and Tomac were riding I'd say they have hairline cracks and can ride, but painful as hell.

Similar to the "Epstein Barr Virus"; riders that didn't like the bike or team claimed the virus was the problem. Then sure enough, a few months later they change teams and ride better than ever.

Its all the head case thing, like Tomac and Kawasaki not saying anything about him missing the night's racing until the gate drop of Heat 1... stupid.
You’ve never broke your collarbone clearly. You wiggle your toe and it hurts. Your toe. You breathe it hurts. Breathing. If it’s hairline cracked....doesn’t take much impact to break it. Not worth it. Hell rocks/roost off a 450 could break your collarbone If hit just right.

Not worth it to trash your shoulder over a contustion/hairline fracture. Sit it out for a few weeks. Let it heal.
BobKerr
1/16/2018 7:12am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 7:12am
Rockinar wrote:
You don’t remember ezra lusk I see.
or Tyler Bowers. It must have been 2012 maybe? Tyler broke his collarbone on a Tuesday at his practice track. He had surgery on Thursday with a plate and screws installed. He hopped on a plane the next day (Friday), and raced AX Saturday night. He won the AX title again that year.

Post a reply to: Shoulder contusion or broken collar bone?

The Latest