Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

TopJolr
So with the ridiculous conjecture floating around here about Dungey returning and JS7 still being "not done", The interview TWMX did with RV2 got me thinking...He mentions that had he changed colours during his time actively racing it may have even lengthened his career...and with Cooper Webb's train all but derailed who thinks we see RV2 suit up and give the youngins' a hammerin'??

Link to interview: https://youtu.be/6aKz6hF9mqs - at around 20seconds he drops the bombshell
|
1/17/2018 2:56am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 2:56am
Mehhhh, from what I've heard it sounds like his relationship with Kawi wasn't the best before he jumped over to the Blu guys. Pretty sure I directly recall RV2 throwing Kawi under the bus re: lack of support for misc things in his post-career.

Pretty sure RV2 is loving life way, way more than he did when he was racing and racking up championships. I chalk the comments in this video as both a little jab-jab at the former employer and washing the balls of the his new employer
TopJolr
1/17/2018 6:01am
Yeah - definitely some jabs at Kawasaki which must mean Eli has got some seriously pissed off Kawasaki Execs breathing down his neck because he has crashed more times than I think they were used to with RV2.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/17/2018 6:36am
Funny how people throw Webb under the bus after two races.
Probably the same guys that said Tomac is a 4-8 place guy after A2 last season. Then he went and won 5 in a row

The Shop

downard254
1/17/2018 6:57am
I'm going to go out on a limb here and answer some of the questions you have here........

NO, NO, NO, NO, and then just a little more NO.Cool
1/17/2018 7:07am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 7:08am
Vital is smoking something stronggggg lately. Dungey is not coming back I won’t even mention stew, and RV2 is not coming back. Now I don’t really have facts behind this because I haven’t spoken to them directly but it’s just common sense guys
mauidex
1/17/2018 7:09am
crusty_xx wrote:
Funny how people throw Webb under the bus after two races. Probably the same guys that said Tomac is a 4-8 place guy after A2 last...
Probably the same guys that said Tomac is a 4-8 place guy after A2 last season. Then he went and won 5 in a row
don't know what you been watching but Webb hasn't put in any results worth a fuk since he crashed and threw away the win at MXDNWhistlingWhistling
1/17/2018 7:09am
With Tomac and Marv's troubles....you have to think it has crossed Dungeys mind. This would have been another championship year for him.
And the same thing goes when RV2 retired. He could’ve won another who knows how many more championships I mean he already won 4 in a row before he let RD win
mauidex
1/17/2018 7:18am
and dont forget Bradshaw, Stanton, Bayle and Matasievich in boot camp right now coming back at Daytona with Stewart!!!!!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/17/2018 8:49am
crusty_xx wrote:
Funny how people throw Webb under the bus after two races. Probably the same guys that said Tomac is a 4-8 place guy after A2 last...
mauidex wrote:
don't know what you been watching but Webb hasn't put in any results worth a fuk since he crashed and threw away the win at MXDN:whistle...
don't know what you been watching but Webb hasn't put in any results worth a fuk since he crashed and threw away the win at MXDNWhistlingWhistling
Maybe not if you expected him to win and beat Dungey/Tomac/Roczen in his rookie season.
I never understood why people had so high expectations on him. It's not like he dominated the 250 class like Roczen and Tomac did. Well he did dominate in 2015 in SX but not exactly against a strong field...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/17/2018 8:59am
crusty_xx wrote:
Especially because in Houston he was down in the first turn and broke his clutch lever. Still made it to 12th. Not a bad ride to me.
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
1/17/2018 11:32am
Sounds like RV is content with doing the hooligan flat track thing. More power to him.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/17/2018 11:49am
Vital is smoking something stronggggg lately. Dungey is not coming back I won’t even mention stew, and RV2 is not coming back. Now I don’t really...
Vital is smoking something stronggggg lately. Dungey is not coming back I won’t even mention stew, and RV2 is not coming back. Now I don’t really have facts behind this because I haven’t spoken to them directly but it’s just common sense guys
Having seen it firsthand a few times, I'd suggest that retirement for the pros is lot like getting on the other side of a bad relationship.

There's a phase where they enjoy not racing. They can back off on the training, eat what they want, relax, and have fun with the family.

After a while I've seen a few get bored and miss it. That's the phase where they question, "Hey, was it really all that bad?" There they might actually toss around the idea of a comeback, even if it's just selected races. Windham considered that for a minute, before the team talked him out of it.

Do I see that for Dungey or RV? No. But that's just my opinion.
Mr. G
1/17/2018 11:58am
It's: "woulda, coulda, shoulda, hadda, oughta, kinda, sorta." Update
Shmuen217
1/17/2018 12:31pm
The only rider that needs to comeback is a fit RC, so he can show publicly how little intensity there is now, minus tomac and anderson, they are very intense, but none the less the sport is all about consistency and its a breed of aggression and consistency that really only charmichael and rv have had, that makes a hands down dominate champion
Shmuen217
1/17/2018 12:33pm
I think the whole field getting smoked by an old(but in shape) RC, would really light a fire under everyones asses
ktmdan
1/17/2018 1:10pm
In racerx Destry Abbot said he went to Yamaha from Kawi for what seems like similar reasons as RV.. interesting...
1/17/2018 1:34pm
Vital is smoking something stronggggg lately. Dungey is not coming back I won’t even mention stew, and RV2 is not coming back. Now I don’t really...
GuyB wrote:
Having seen it firsthand a few times, I'd suggest that retirement for the pros is lot like getting on the other side of a bad relationship...
Having seen it firsthand a few times, I'd suggest that retirement for the pros is lot like getting on the other side of a bad relationship.

There's a phase where they enjoy not racing. They can back off on the training, eat what they want, relax, and have fun with the family.

After a while I've seen a few get bored and miss it. That's the phase where they question, "Hey, was it really all that bad?" There they might actually toss around the idea of a comeback, even if it's just selected races. Windham considered that for a minute, before the team talked him out of it.

Do I see that for Dungey or RV? No. But that's just my opinion.
I agree. For some they may consider it. I just think there’s no way RD and RV comeback. Yes it would be great if they did but I just don’t see it
Lightning78
1/17/2018 10:46pm
Shmuen217 wrote:
I think the whole field getting smoked by an old(but in shape) RC, would really light a fire under everyones asses
No it wouldn't light a fire under anybody all they would do is go on and complain about their stupid bike setup and how it's off because they couldn't beat RC excuses these days are so retarded it makes me sick to my stomach to hear some of them

Post a reply to: Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

The Latest