Should you buy FCP engine mounts?

sleetdawg
Edited Date/Time 10/8/2019 8:13pm
After 15 years working with KTM in the production department I'm a firm believer that stock is usually best. I've put an ample amount time on the stock 2019 Yamaha to know what I wanted to change and not change. One of the first things I wanted to work on was some chassis refinement. Check out my last blog post at My Two Wheel Life testing the FCP engine mounts and how they worked for me.

Click below if you give a shit about what I think

mounts]https://mytwowheellife.com/mytwowheellife/2019/10/7/testing-fcp-engine-…]
|
Ron_Shuler
10/8/2019 6:57am
I have FCP mounts on my KTM and they defiantly made a difference interning corners the bike is more settled and I noticed the bike is less likely to pop out of ruts on exiting rutted corners. Also I have never been the guy that liked railing the out side line corners but since using the FCP mounts I am suddenly better at it, so over all I say these mounts really made the bike better.
Bruce372
10/8/2019 9:01am
sleetdawg wrote:
After 15 years working with KTM in the production department I'm a firm believer that stock is usually best. I've put an ample amount time on...
After 15 years working with KTM in the production department I'm a firm believer that stock is usually best. I've put an ample amount time on the stock 2019 Yamaha to know what I wanted to change and not change. One of the first things I wanted to work on was some chassis refinement. Check out my last blog post at My Two Wheel Life testing the FCP engine mounts and how they worked for me.

Click below if you give a shit about what I think

mounts]https://mytwowheellife.com/mytwowheellife/2019/10/7/testing-fcp-engine-…]
Are you no longer at KTM?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
10/8/2019 9:18am
Topics like this always interest me, however, I have hit a wall as you can see bellow.

The Shop

CivBars
10/8/2019 11:04am
Anyone seen any reviews on aftermarket vs aftermarket? I've only come across info regarding them vs stock. WCL vs FCP? Soft vs Medium vs Stiff? I know each year, make and model will benefit in different areas depending, but it'd be nice to see.
sleetdawg
10/8/2019 8:12pm
CivBars wrote:
Anyone seen any reviews on aftermarket vs aftermarket? I've only come across info regarding them vs stock. WCL vs FCP? Soft vs Medium vs Stiff? I...
Anyone seen any reviews on aftermarket vs aftermarket? I've only come across info regarding them vs stock. WCL vs FCP? Soft vs Medium vs Stiff? I know each year, make and model will benefit in different areas depending, but it'd be nice to see.
That would be a good test to see what after market chassis parts work the best. The thing is like you stated is everyone wants a different type of feel to their bike. It's more complicated, but almost as simple as grip choice. Some people like full waffle some like no waffle. Some like a soft bike that moves all around some want it stuff and rigid. If we could do a test from a few chassis parts manufactures to see if they really claim to do what they say they do. What they say they do could quite possibly not do what you want to begin with.

Post a reply to: Should you buy FCP engine mounts?

The Latest