Should star sign gavin towers?

Gavin is great and looked better than leblanc at times during minios. Obviously he is on the yamaha factory am team rn. But should star lock him in?
|
Original 44
1/25/2022 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2022 9:20pm
Gavin is a great kid. Would love to see him get a chance.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/26/2022 4:27am
He worked the Star boys at the GPF race this fall…. Even had Romano whining after Gavin made a last corner block pass for the overall and Romano gummed it off the side of the track on the tractor path to “cross the finish line”.
88FYNN88
1/26/2022 4:36am
I think it all depends on when he wants to go pro. Sounds like next year Deegan and Romano will go pro along with maybe LeBlanc (If he is still with Star). There may be 1 more rookie spot on Star but I have a feeling they will try and get a VET to join the 250 team.
SFellure33
1/26/2022 5:23am
Would love to see Towers get a chance on the Star team. He performed well at Team Green, and I’m not sure why that relationship ended. I could see him following the exact path that Kitchen took. A year or two on Factory Yamaha amateur team and then switching over to start right before he goes pro.

The Shop

1/26/2022 5:48am
SFellure33 wrote:
Would love to see Towers get a chance on the Star team. He performed well at Team Green, and I’m not sure why that relationship ended...
Would love to see Towers get a chance on the Star team. He performed well at Team Green, and I’m not sure why that relationship ended. I could see him following the exact path that Kitchen took. A year or two on Factory Yamaha amateur team and then switching over to start right before he goes pro.
Kawasaki cut him to sign a guy from the North West(Can't recall his name right now). I met Gavin when he was training in Louisiana. Good kid. Really a funny guy.
88FYNN88
1/26/2022 5:54am
SFellure33 wrote:
Would love to see Towers get a chance on the Star team. He performed well at Team Green, and I’m not sure why that relationship ended...
Kawasaki cut him to sign a guy from the North West(Can't recall his name right now). I met Gavin when he was training in Louisiana. Good...
Kawasaki cut him to sign a guy from the North West(Can't recall his name right now). I met Gavin when he was training in Louisiana. Good kid. Really a funny guy.
Preston Boespflug I believe.
1/29/2022 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2022 1:52pm
After watching qualifying, I have a sneaking suspicion that Ryder D is going to show us tonight why Gavin isn’t ready for a Star ride at this point. Ryder’s qualifying time was over 3 seconds a lap faster.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
1/29/2022 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2022 1:43pm
We all just going to act like west isn’t faster than towers and better at supercross? Not a dig at Gavin super nice kid and super fast but I’d think westy gets the nod over him if they’re going to pick up anyone else
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
1/29/2022 2:40pm
We all just going to act like west isn’t faster than towers and better at supercross? Not a dig at Gavin super nice kid and super...
We all just going to act like west isn’t faster than towers and better at supercross? Not a dig at Gavin super nice kid and super fast but I’d think westy gets the nod over him if they’re going to pick up anyone else
Towers has signed a 2yr deal with the Rock River team, Brad is privateer life.

I've been watching Brad and doing photos of him since 50cc days and to see him doing what he is doing over there in insane.

Brad is definitely a kid worth keeping an eye on and he will be on a few teams radars already and deserves to be signed.
ACBailey89
Fantasy
2563rd
1/29/2022 4:51pm
To compare these guys on futures is insane. Some of them practice or have more access to Supercross more than others. So who knows….Also wondering why star doesn’t have some of there amateur guys in there….
Camp332
1/29/2022 4:52pm
Towers had a great race this evening.

2nd place for a kid who doesn't ride much SX shows he has the talent.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
1/29/2022 4:53pm
ACBailey89 wrote:
To compare these guys on futures is insane. Some of them practice or have more access to Supercross more than others. So who knows….Also wondering why...
To compare these guys on futures is insane. Some of them practice or have more access to Supercross more than others. So who knows….Also wondering why star doesn’t have some of there amateur guys in there….
East Coast futures. And very true
chasetwo79
1/29/2022 4:54pm
ACBailey89 wrote:
To compare these guys on futures is insane. Some of them practice or have more access to Supercross more than others. So who knows….Also wondering why...
Because their Ammy guys train with the pros now enough to where they get a good idea of how fast they are. Doing well in a futures race won’t race their stock much, doing poorly would. So why not just let them keep building as they do.

I think futures is actually better suited for the future privateers who don’t have access to private supy tracks like the star guys do.
luupo012
2/2/2022 8:49pm
After watching qualifying, I have a sneaking suspicion that Ryder D is going to show us tonight why Gavin isn’t ready for a Star ride at...
After watching qualifying, I have a sneaking suspicion that Ryder D is going to show us tonight why Gavin isn’t ready for a Star ride at this point. Ryder’s qualifying time was over 3 seconds a lap faster.
Towers had a bad crash on Friday practice. From what I heard everyone was surprised he got up and even more so that he still raced.

Post a reply to: Should star sign gavin towers?

The Latest