Should have got a 350 years ago...

MXer391
1/2/2022 9:54am
What bar bend is everyone running on these 350s? I have tried renthal carmicheal bend, with kawasaki 5mm shim spacer under handlebar clamp model on 16...
What bar bend is everyone running on these 350s?

I have tried renthal carmicheal bend, with kawasaki 5mm shim spacer under handlebar clamp model on 16 model ktm 350.

I have tried Mika RC bend on 2021 husky FC350.

I tried Mika MC bend on. 2021 husky 350.

I settled for Mika RC bend bar with 10mm on each side of bar chopped off. On 2022 KTM 350sxf clamps rotated to more forward setup in rear clamp hole.

Also to add, i have owned

kTM: 2016, 2019, 2022
Husqvarna: 2021

I liked my 2019 KTM 350sxf the best.

Run a 4.5 rear spring on all my bikes and 10.9 bar on 22 kTM AER forks.

Power on 22 model seems slightly softer than the 19.

How tall are you? I’ve run Pro Taper SX Race bend and also the Pro Taper Husqvarna bend with 5mm spacers. I’m 6’1 for reference. I have a Gas Gas 350 coming and am considering trying the new Pro Taper Race Team bend. It’s a little taller but still low sweep. I really liked the Husq bend with the spacers in the turns but I felt like I was kinda hunched over while trying to get over the bars on tracks I could stand up a lot.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1724th
1/2/2022 9:54am
wydopen wrote:
Unfortunatly polisport doesn’t make them for the 18 and older. Mines a 17. Was going to check out at cmt but the shipping was same price...
Unfortunatly polisport doesn’t make them for the 18 and older. Mines a 17. Was going to check out at cmt but the shipping was same price as the guard. Saw Carson brown had some aluminum ones. They looked nice
I know, it surprised me the shipping from CMT was the same price as the guards!

Contact racinstation on here, they are a US dealer and shipped mine for like $8 bucks
1/2/2022 9:23pm
What bar bend is everyone running on these 350s? I have tried renthal carmicheal bend, with kawasaki 5mm shim spacer under handlebar clamp model on 16...

I have tried renthal carmicheal bend, with kawasaki 5mm shim spacer under handlebar clamp model on 16 model ktm 350.

I settled for Mika RC bend bar with 10mm on each side of bar chopped off. On 2022 KTM 350sxf clamps rotated to more forward setup in rear clamp hole.

wydopen wrote:
Running renthal 821’s cut down 10mm on each side
Thanks man. Ill check em out!
1/2/2022 9:26pm
MXer391 wrote:
How tall are you? I’ve run Pro Taper SX Race bend and also the Pro Taper Husqvarna bend with 5mm spacers. I’m 6’1 for reference. I...
How tall are you? I’ve run Pro Taper SX Race bend and also the Pro Taper Husqvarna bend with 5mm spacers. I’m 6’1 for reference. I have a Gas Gas 350 coming and am considering trying the new Pro Taper Race Team bend. It’s a little taller but still low sweep. I really liked the Husq bend with the spacers in the turns but I felt like I was kinda hunched over while trying to get over the bars on tracks I could stand up a lot.
5ft 7 i think lol. Bern a while since ive been to doc.

But ill check em out. Just feel in between in the RC and MC bend.

The Shop

Chase_Dehart
1/2/2022 10:13pm

MXer391 wrote:
How tall are you? I’ve run Pro Taper SX Race bend and also the Pro Taper Husqvarna bend with 5mm spacers. I’m 6’1 for reference. I...
I feel the same about the stock height, I run the sx race bend now, still gives me that feeling, but more manageable. I’m 6 foot for reference, been considering going slightly taller, or maybe clamps forward? curious how Austin likes the RC bend on there since they’re much taller. I don’t want to ruin cornering, but a little less hunchback would be nice. I’m actually glad someone brought this up cause I’ve been thinking about it haha.
Richy
1/3/2022 3:01am
I'm 6'1 and didn't like the Renthal Carmichael bend at all on my 19 Husky despite liking it a lot on most Jap bikes.

A few guys mentioned the Pro Taper or ODI Carmichael bend suiting the Austrian bikes in another thread. I put my stock Husky bars on my KTM 350 and like them, clamps in the forward position.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
1/3/2022 7:18am
Bidirella wrote:
Hello guys, Recently I picked up my new 350 gasgas, haven’t ridden so far because off the bad weather over here Now I’ve witnessed the inner...
Hello guys,

Recently I picked up my new 350 gasgas, haven’t ridden so far because off the bad weather over here

Now I’ve witnessed the inner pipe in the stock silencer. This one looks big. Has anyone taken out this pipe? Mostly I’m riding sand track, and I’m a bit to scared it’s gets to hot.

What you guys think of it?

I've had my 350 for 2 years and have left mine in and don't mind it. But here's some info on removing it.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Tech-Help-Race-Shop,42/Conical-restricto…

MXer391
1/3/2022 8:40am
MXer391 wrote:
5ft 7 i think lol. Bern a while since ive been to doc. But ill check em out. Just feel in between in the RC and...
5ft 7 i think lol. Bern a while since ive been to doc.

But ill check em out. Just feel in between in the RC and MC bend.
Looks like the Mika RC bend is 99mm tall and the MC bend is 85mm tall. You could try the Mika Stewart/Villopoto (996) bend at 93mm and split the difference. That's actually close to the new Pro Taper Race Team bend that I'm gonna try. One thing I did notice is all the Mika bars have alot of sweep. I like them more straight. But I do have long a** arms
MXer391
1/3/2022 8:45am

MXer391 wrote:
I feel the same about the stock height, I run the sx race bend now, still gives me that feeling, but more manageable. I’m 6 foot...
I feel the same about the stock height, I run the sx race bend now, still gives me that feeling, but more manageable. I’m 6 foot for reference, been considering going slightly taller, or maybe clamps forward? curious how Austin likes the RC bend on there since they’re much taller. I don’t want to ruin cornering, but a little less hunchback would be nice. I’m actually glad someone brought this up cause I’ve been thinking about it haha.
SX race bend is 87mm tall. The Race Team bend is 91mm I believe. Gonna give them a try. I know its not a huge difference but who knows, maybe it will help. I ran RC bend years ago and they feel like a chopper now to me
bvm111
1/3/2022 10:14am
I run Renthal 996 twin walls
Dirtfighter
1/3/2022 7:17pm
TK40_FC wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/01/525834/s1200_20210609_162443.jpg[/img] Here's my 2020 after a little update. Mostly stock, but i designed a custom set of graphics from Rivalink that merged two of their designs...

Here's my 2020 after a little update. Mostly stock, but i designed a custom set of graphics from Rivalink that merged two of their designs along with the factory shroud graphic. Kind of my take on what the "factory" race bikes couldve looked like if they stuck with a blue/white colorway.

Love the bike though, got back into riding after 15 years and this thing hasn't dissapointed. Up 1 tooth on the rear with a Mika front/rear sprocket for a little more bottom end, dirt tricks CCT, carbon skid plate, & soft/low foam guts seat. The seat made a huge difference in rider comfort. Also love the factory traction control, great for some of the ohio hard pack I always end up riding.

I took the plunge! . Here she is, wanted a husky but couldn’t pass the deal on this girl. Can’t wait to ride it!

Ryan625
1/3/2022 8:46pm
I still haven’t been able to ride it yet (snow and rain here) but I got my little build done for now. I’m dying to ride this thing

AJ565
1/4/2022 5:15am
Ran my first race with the 350 last weekend. This thing pulls hard down the straight and the high revs really help with that. I ended up 3rd the first Moto and skipped the second since it was the last Moto of the day and I was over the cold (it was in the low 30’s) so pretty pleased since it was my first motocross since 2006.

rbm33
Fantasy
1901st
1/4/2022 5:38am
Splat03 wrote:
Not homemade but pretty inexpensive. They work well. https://www.motosport.com/polisport-graphic-guards The other option I’ve used is clear grip tape over the number plate graphics. Use the medium...
Not homemade but pretty inexpensive. They work well.

https://www.motosport.com/polisport-graphic-guards

The other option I’ve used is clear grip tape over the number plate graphics. Use the medium grip, heavy grip tears up the inside of your boots. It is a great option and it adds some grip to that area. You have to retape on a semi regular basis but that extra grip is fantastic.

https://www.motosport.com/factory-effex-grip-tape-sheet

I added several layers of heat tape to the inside of new plastics. It helps with the melting plastic.
https://www.motosport.com/dei-cooltape

I switched from a stock pipe to a FMF pipe and it has a spacer on the front end of the muffler to keep the number plate off the exhaust so if that’s in your future it will help.
wydopen wrote:
Unfortunatly polisport doesn’t make them for the 18 and older. Mines a 17. Was going to check out at cmt but the shipping was same price...
Unfortunatly polisport doesn’t make them for the 18 and older. Mines a 17. Was going to check out at cmt but the shipping was same price as the guard. Saw Carson brown had some aluminum ones. They looked nice
The polisport guards are a great idea, but a not so great execution. Dirt packs up behind the guard and is next to impossible to clean out without removing. Also they are pretty fragile, be careful installing them and for the love of god dont get the smallest drop of carb cleaner on the or they will shatter into a thousand pieces.
DuroTools
1/4/2022 6:28am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2022 6:29am
Splat03 wrote:
Not homemade but pretty inexpensive. They work well. https://www.motosport.com/polisport-graphic-guards The other option I’ve used is clear grip tape over the number plate graphics. Use the medium...
Not homemade but pretty inexpensive. They work well.

https://www.motosport.com/polisport-graphic-guards

The other option I’ve used is clear grip tape over the number plate graphics. Use the medium grip, heavy grip tears up the inside of your boots. It is a great option and it adds some grip to that area. You have to retape on a semi regular basis but that extra grip is fantastic.

https://www.motosport.com/factory-effex-grip-tape-sheet

I added several layers of heat tape to the inside of new plastics. It helps with the melting plastic.
https://www.motosport.com/dei-cooltape

I switched from a stock pipe to a FMF pipe and it has a spacer on the front end of the muffler to keep the number plate off the exhaust so if that’s in your future it will help.
wydopen wrote:
rbm33 wrote:
The polisport guards are a great idea, but a not so great execution. Dirt packs up behind the guard and is next to impossible to clean...
The polisport guards are a great idea, but a not so great execution. Dirt packs up behind the guard and is next to impossible to clean out without removing. Also they are pretty fragile, be careful installing them and for the love of god dont get the smallest drop of carb cleaner on the or they will shatter into a thousand pieces.
Yeah I've heard a few bad reviews on the polisport protective covers, is there a way to seal it with clear silicone or something so dirt can't get behind it.

I use this 3m rubber grip tape that I see alot of the factory teams using in the frames. You can get it at home depot for cheap and it looks good and grips good but unfortunately only lasts a few rides at most. I made a template of the shape I want and cut out like 5 at a time so when it wears down i can just slap a new one on. Would prefer something that lasts longer though.
Richy
1/4/2022 7:30am
Generally with stuff like that, genuine 3M or similar will stay stuck a lot longer and last a little longer wear and tear wise than a home depot type option, even if they look and feel similar, but something like this will still wear out one way or another so you gotta weigh up the cost to longevity, it may still be better off with multiple cheap ones.

Can't hurt to try though.
TK40_FC
1/4/2022 8:49am
I took the plunge! . Here she is, wanted a husky but couldn’t pass the deal on this girl. Can’t wait to ride it! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/03/526341/s1200_F44D2C94_1835_49F7_A86D_214D00D1B27C.jpg[/img]
I took the plunge! . Here she is, wanted a husky but couldn’t pass the deal on this girl. Can’t wait to ride it!

Nice! Let us know what you think after you get it broke in.
AH387
1/4/2022 9:05am
Ryan625 wrote:
I still haven’t been able to ride it yet (snow and rain here) but I got my little build done for now. I’m dying to ride...
I still haven’t been able to ride it yet (snow and rain here) but I got my little build done for now. I’m dying to ride this thing

I just hopped over from the Method thread to check this bike out. You are right, that looks great. Good job, man.
rbm33
Fantasy
1901st
1/4/2022 9:53am
wydopen wrote:
rbm33 wrote:
The polisport guards are a great idea, but a not so great execution. Dirt packs up behind the guard and is next to impossible to clean...
DuroTools wrote:
Yeah I've heard a few bad reviews on the polisport protective covers, is there a way to seal it with clear silicone or something so dirt...
Yeah I've heard a few bad reviews on the polisport protective covers, is there a way to seal it with clear silicone or something so dirt can't get behind it.

I use this 3m rubber grip tape that I see alot of the factory teams using in the frames. You can get it at home depot for cheap and it looks good and grips good but unfortunately only lasts a few rides at most. I made a template of the shape I want and cut out like 5 at a time so when it wears down i can just slap a new one on. Would prefer something that lasts longer though.
Im not sure how you could seal them without looking like a mess. i have considered spraying the inside of them black. that probably wouldnt look to bad but i not sure that plastic can handle the chemicals from an aersol can.
i accidentally got brake cleaner on one and it literally shattered in a thousand pieces and fell in the floor.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
1/13/2022 9:38am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2022 9:38am
Big thread... possibly I missed this kinda question.

Picked up 2022 Husky FC350 and need to put a skid plate on it...nothing massive but something that will hold up, look good and provide some decent protection for the engine and frame.

Anyone bought one they feel has worked out well for them?

Polisport makes a plastic one that looks decent and only runs about 80 bucks. KTM/Husky sells one that I'm sure fits well but that sucker is $208. P3 has a decent looking one for about $180 that looks similar to the KTM / Husky plate but is carbon fiber.
nathan4765
Fantasy
680th
1/13/2022 11:45am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2022 11:46am
mooch wrote:
Big thread... possibly I missed this kinda question. Picked up 2022 Husky FC350 and need to put a skid plate on it...nothing massive but something that...

Picked up 2022 Husky FC350 and need to put a skid plate on it...nothing massive but something that will hold up, look good and provide some decent protection for the engine and frame.

Polisport makes a plastic one that looks decent and only runs about 80 bucks. KTM/Husky sells one that I'm sure fits well but that sucker is $208. P3 has a decent looking one for about $180 that looks similar to the KTM / Husky plate but is carbon fiber.
I have been using this one. Light full coverage, 3 allen bolts to take off.

https://www.motosport.com/product/acerbis-glide-plate?mmy=husqvarna;fc3…
TheCRKid
1/14/2022 4:13pm
I'm using my 2017 HUSKY FC 350 as my practice bike next season , great bike !!
The graphics are styled after a 1980 HUSKY 390
DuroTools
1/14/2022 4:42pm
TheCRKid wrote:
I'm using my 2017 HUSKY FC 350 as my practice bike next season , great bike !! The graphics are styled after a 1980 HUSKY 390[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/14/528374/s1200_PXL_20220113_184138909.jpg[/img]
I'm using my 2017 HUSKY FC 350 as my practice bike next season , great bike !!
The graphics are styled after a 1980 HUSKY 390
I've never owned the polisport skid plate but heard it breaks easily and also fall off easily. Good concept for there new skid plate but think they need to fix a couple things on the next production. Iike the Acerbis one that someone posted. Had one on my 2017 125sx and 250f. They are good for everything except hard core woods guys that are doing hard enduro type stuff. For that guy look into axp from france or moose. Moose racing has axp make them and resell them here under the moose brand. They are thick and super strong.
Pirate421
1/15/2022 3:48pm
I’m impatiently waiting to see what the changes are for 2023. Have to be patient though since I just bought a new mountain bike and I’m broke so have no choice! I wonder how the 350 is still selling after all these years, and still shocked the ktm group is the only 350 out there this is be the 10th anniversary of this bike.
bvm111
1/15/2022 5:25pm
Wildeye511 wrote:
Washed mine today [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/15/528532/s1200_bike_jan_22.jpg[/img]
Washed mine today

about damn time!!! 😂
Wildeye511
1/16/2022 8:48am
Wildeye511 wrote:
Washed mine today [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/15/528532/s1200_bike_jan_22.jpg[/img]
Washed mine today

bvm111 wrote:
about damn time!!! 😂
Yes it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mark_swart
1/16/2022 1:37pm
mooch wrote:
Big thread... possibly I missed this kinda question. Picked up 2022 Husky FC350 and need to put a skid plate on it...nothing massive but something that...

nathan4765 wrote:
I have been using this one. Light full coverage, 3 allen bolts to take off.

https://www.motosport.com/product/acerbis-glide-plate?mmy=husqvarna;fc3…
I use it on mine too and have been very happy.

I also strongly recommend the Acerbis frame guards - the stock ones don't extent far enough up and my legs were rubbing the paint off the frame.
rbm33
Fantasy
1901st
1/16/2022 2:30pm
mooch wrote:

I just installed the AXP. i have used their skid plate son 300's before and have always been really pleased. this one comes off with just 2 bolts.
gristle568
2/19/2022 8:22am
I picked up a gasgas about a month ago, I tore it down and had Pr2 convert the forks to spring along with a revalve. I also laced up a set of a60s. Is the 2018 airboot still an upgrade? Im patiently waiting for the weather to start warming up.

Post a reply to: Should have got a 350 years ago...

The Latest