Should Roczen ride?

Edited Date/Time 3/8/2013 12:14pm
Should Roczen ride the 350 in the East SX?
|
BAMX
3/5/2013 11:38am
No....He should ride the 450...IMO
Dirtydane
3/5/2013 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 12:56pm
Actually i think he should pass on riding the east coast.

*He is the points leader with a little breathing room.

*There is a risk of being injured, witch is unnecessary.

*Tomac is riding it right now and is not doing as good as he and everybody else thought (i believe) witch will not really boost his confident for when the west coast is back. That can help Roczen even more!
daveoevo
3/5/2013 1:00pm
A 450 main win is worth 10 Lights sx wins.
go for it K roc!!!
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
3/5/2013 1:04pm
Dirtydane wrote:
Actually i think he should pass on riding the east coast. *He is the points leader with a little breathing room. *There is a risk of...

*Tomac is riding it right now and is not doing as good as he and everybody else thought (i believe) witch will not really boost his confident for when the west coast is back. That can help Roczen even more!
*which

The Shop

KlootZak
3/5/2013 1:04pm
Yeah go for it! The more experience, the better!
40Plus_922mx
3/5/2013 1:22pm
He should not ride. Considering that he is in the hunt for a WC title it aint worth it. He will have many more years to ride. Protect the title!
3/5/2013 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 2:41pm
Risky maybe, but he is a racer after all and that's what we do isn't it.

good decision to race Daytona IMO - more mx than sx - 94 is mx to the core, go in get a great finish, go back to the practice track laughing
jamma10
3/5/2013 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 2:56pm
Should help him stay sharp too.

Tomac had the edge over Roczen at the start of the West series because he'd spent the off season racing select SX's in Europe.
Torco1
3/5/2013 2:58pm
Dirtydane wrote:
Actually i think he should pass on riding the east coast. *He is the points leader with a little breathing room. *There is a risk of...

shiftmx_22 wrote:
*which
2T42
3/5/2013 4:05pm
150SX
HuskyEd
3/5/2013 4:14pm
Dirtydane wrote:

shiftmx_22 wrote:
*which
Now it's your turn to post on the Swedish moto board.Smile

http://www.semx.se/forum.php?s=90f91eaa91e064b75f6d280348849e83
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/5/2013 4:18pm
Risky maybe, but he is a racer after all and that's what we do isn't it. good decision to race Daytona IMO - more mx than...
Risky maybe, but he is a racer after all and that's what we do isn't it.

good decision to race Daytona IMO - more mx than sx - 94 is mx to the core, go in get a great finish, go back to the practice track laughing
Im confused...didnt you tell Tomac to pack it in on the 450?

Hasnt Tomac WAXED Roczen in all but 2 rounds, one of which he crashed out of. Besides that Tomac beat Roczen quite frequently outdoors last year (ya sorry, thats all we can go on since its been months since they've raced nationals).
chrisbuehler
3/5/2013 4:27pm
mx 219 wrote:
Im confused...didnt you tell Tomac to pack it in on the 450? Hasnt Tomac WAXED Roczen in all but 2 rounds, one of which he crashed...

Hasnt Tomac WAXED Roczen in all but 2 rounds, one of which he crashed out of. Besides that Tomac beat Roczen quite frequently outdoors last year (ya sorry, thats all we can go on since its been months since they've raced nationals).
You're being too nice, he waxed Roczen outdoors. Most times by a good 20+ seconds.
nealbo129
3/5/2013 5:31pm
the bigger question is what happens if him and tomac get together and one of them gets hurt? THEN what?
88sdad
3/5/2013 5:47pm
Dirtydane wrote:

shiftmx_22 wrote:
*which
HuskyEd wrote:
Now it's your turn to post on the Swedish moto board.Smile

http://www.semx.se/forum.php?s=90f91eaa91e064b75f6d280348849e83
Exactly what I was thinking Ed.
40Plus_922mx
3/5/2013 5:53pm
Just cause peeps wanna see him ride doesn't mean he should. Don't get me wrong I would love to see him out there this Sat. But if doesn't race and wins the title no one will remember him not racing Daytona. But if he races Daytona and he some how screws up his chances by getting injured (ala DV)' he will also not be remembered.
3/5/2013 6:09pm
mx 219 wrote:
Im confused...didnt you tell Tomac to pack it in on the 450? Hasnt Tomac WAXED Roczen in all but 2 rounds, one of which he crashed...

You're being too nice, he waxed Roczen outdoors. Most times by a good 20+ seconds.
He's settled down a lot more now though,he's more comfortable away from home and his speed is pretty much on par with Tomac this year,its his starts that have let him down,

He loves the 350,just like Marvin does and as jamie says,the guy is a racer,he's never been afraid to ride when an opportunity arises,he did Daytona before and also nnotched up a 2nd place last year somewhere else
Trig331
3/5/2013 7:04pm
Just cause peeps wanna see him ride doesn't mean he should. Don't get me wrong I would love to see him out there this Sat. But...
Just cause peeps wanna see him ride doesn't mean he should. Don't get me wrong I would love to see him out there this Sat. But if doesn't race and wins the title no one will remember him not racing Daytona. But if he races Daytona and he some how screws up his chances by getting injured (ala DV)' he will also not be remembered.
Getting hurt for a magazine cover and getting hurt racing are two different things. I get what you're saying though. I think it was RV that said the risk factor has gone up a lot because in order to test and get the bike ready, you have to ride race pace all the time. "Almost" just as easy to get hurt practicing as it is racing...he wants to race, I think he should race.
40Plus_922mx
3/5/2013 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 7:23pm
Just cause peeps wanna see him ride doesn't mean he should. Don't get me wrong I would love to see him out there this Sat. But...
Trig331 wrote:
Getting hurt for a magazine cover and getting hurt racing are two different things. I get what you're saying though. I think it was RV that...
Getting hurt for a magazine cover and getting hurt racing are two different things. I get what you're saying though. I think it was RV that said the risk factor has gone up a lot because in order to test and get the bike ready, you have to ride race pace all the time. "Almost" just as easy to get hurt practicing as it is racing...he wants to race, I think he should race.
They may be two different things. But the point is the possible result. And in this day and age titles don't grow on trees. I still say solidify your title hopes with whatever means neccessary. Even if he wins Daytone no one will remember. But if he wins the title (and a boat load of green), it will be remembered for ever.

Ok I'll step down now. LoL. Gotta go scoop horse poop.
3/5/2013 9:32pm
Trig331 wrote:
Getting hurt for a magazine cover and getting hurt racing are two different things. I get what you're saying though. I think it was RV that...
They may be two different things. But the point is the possible result. And in this day and age titles don't grow on trees. I still...
They may be two different things. But the point is the possible result. And in this day and age titles don't grow on trees. I still say solidify your title hopes with whatever means neccessary. Even if he wins Daytone no one will remember. But if he wins the title (and a boat load of green), it will be remembered for ever.

Ok I'll step down now. LoL. Gotta go scoop horse poop.
Shame that the US virtually always looks back on how good a rider was by the infatuation of number of titles

RC/MC of course but its not always the case
TDeath21
3/5/2013 11:22pm
RacerX said it best. Unless his main goal in the states is to win the west regional supercross championship, then he should get as much racing experience as he can.
BobbyM
3/5/2013 11:26pm
FOR FUCK SAKES DORKS...

yer damn bed with you in it could get swallowed up and never be seen again. race hard and race often i say.
DanDunes818
3/5/2013 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 11:37pm
Ken is a racer, that's what he does... If there's a race going on, he wants to be there. Check out what he's raced since coming to the states in 2011.

In 2011, Kenny raced the West Region of the 250SX class, the 350 in the 450SX class at the Houston SX (finishing 8th) and the Daytona SX (finishing 7th), won an MX2 World Championship in Europe and raced the 2011 MXoN. Then, in 2012, Kenny raced the East Region of the 250SX Championship, the Seattle SX (finishing 2nd) on the 350 in the 450 class, every 250 outdoor national, the Teutschenthal GP in the MX1 class (finished 2nd) and the 2012 MXoN.

In the Bobby M's day racers raced because there was a race going on and they had a bike, so what else were they going to do, Kenny is that guy.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
3/5/2013 11:42pm
BobbyM wrote:
FOR FUCK SAKES DORKS... yer damn bed with you in it could get swallowed up and never be seen again. race hard and race often i...
FOR FUCK SAKES DORKS...

yer damn bed with you in it could get swallowed up and never be seen again. race hard and race often i say.
X1000! He can get hurt just as easy practicing/testing. Racing also gets more exposure to his sponsors. It's all up to what the team the thinks the best decision is, and lucky for us it's racing!
3/6/2013 12:04am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2013 12:09am
I disagree, I don't think he should race.

Of course there are benefits to riding the 450 class but he has already ridden it before. And besides, when he does move up full time... one way or the other he's going to make the adjustment. It's not as if failing to race the 450 (or 350) this year will fundamentally damage his career on the big bikes. They all have an adjustment period or a rookie year as we call it on the big bikes anyway. So that doesn't matter. Really, what does he have to gain from riding an east 450 rd? Sod all. It's one race and everyone will have forgotten it 5 minutes later anyway.

I accept that no rider can ride or race round constantly worrying about every single possibility. The next injury is always coming. But imo (as much as I love seeing him out there) the gain, if there is one, just isn't worth it. The 250 East title isn't his ultimate goal but it is his goal right now.

Post a reply to: Should Roczen ride?

The Latest