Should I race Lorettas or Supercross futures?

2/22/2019 6:11pm
I will have a bike here in the next month. Its a super busy time for me so late march I will be purchasing a kx...
I will have a bike here in the next month. Its a super busy time for me so late march I will be purchasing a kx 450. I have the land. But no machinery. I am prepared to rent a skidsteer. I understand a dozer would be better but a skidsteer is cheaper.
brody wrote:
i Have built a track and there is no way you can build a full-sized track with a skid steer, it would take a solid 3...
i Have built a track and there is no way you can build a full-sized track with a skid steer, it would take a solid 3 weeks.
to build a good practice track to get ready for Loretta you'll need a mid sized wheel loader and a dozer, strip with the dozer then move dirt with the loader and build up with the dozer.

I have been in construction my whole life no way you move that many yards with a 3yrd bucket.
just trying to help, and if you rent go through sunbelt.
Yeah thats the place with the cheapest prices! Il have to check my budget when it gets a bit closer. With there being so much sand, I thought about more straits, small bumps, burms, and a few jumps. The jump faces wont hold up unless i put concrete or sand hardener in it. Besides, isnt ruts and turns the biggest thing to work on?
2/22/2019 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 6:16pm
Ok after your last post I wouldn’t recommend doing supercross futures. Stick with local racing and the LLQ. it will help you immensely. And possible consider purchasing some Gary semics videos. Spend your supercross futures money on schools offered by local pros to your area.

I think practicing at race tracks and racing local will help you the most. Practice days are cheap. Building a track isn’t.
brody
2/22/2019 6:18pm
Yeah thats the place with the cheapest prices! Il have to check my budget when it gets a bit closer. With there being so much sand...
Yeah thats the place with the cheapest prices! Il have to check my budget when it gets a bit closer. With there being so much sand, I thought about more straits, small bumps, burms, and a few jumps. The jump faces wont hold up unless i put concrete or sand hardener in it. Besides, isnt ruts and turns the biggest thing to work on?
ya ruts are good and turns, i would bring in some clay or topsoil and a couple of loads of multch and mix it in to get a better mix more like Loretta's its more of a loam type, and with that much land i would build a Loretta type track then a sand turn track. call some local general contractors or excavating company's, they will bring dirt free and like 20 bucks for the drivers.
i would go with a wheel loader, you can move more dirt easier to pack and build a berm, but when moving that match dirt you need something bigger then a skidsteer.

also LIME wouls work good, just not too much.
2/22/2019 6:36pm
Yeah thats the place with the cheapest prices! Il have to check my budget when it gets a bit closer. With there being so much sand...
brody wrote:
ya ruts are good and turns, i would bring in some clay or topsoil and a couple of loads of multch and mix it in to...
ya ruts are good and turns, i would bring in some clay or topsoil and a couple of loads of multch and mix it in to get a better mix more like Loretta's its more of a loam type, and with that much land i would build a Loretta type track then a sand turn track. call some local general contractors or excavating company's, they will bring dirt free and like 20 bucks for the drivers.
i would go with a wheel loader, you can move more dirt easier to pack and build a berm, but when moving that match dirt you need something bigger then a skidsteer.

Have you been to El Paso? Theres no such thing as dirt unless you dig 30 foot down. Its desert... its all I got to work with haha.

The Shop

brody
2/22/2019 6:39pm
brody wrote:
ya ruts are good and turns, i would bring in some clay or topsoil and a couple of loads of multch and mix it in to...

Have you been to El Paso? Theres no such thing as dirt unless you dig 30 foot down. Its desert... its all I got to work...
Have you been to El Paso? Theres no such thing as dirt unless you dig 30 foot down. Its desert... its all I got to work with haha.
well you could find some, to build up to code you have to place structural fill or piles, there is some good dirt down a little bit, to build a track like lorettas you need some other dirt then sand
JB 19
2/22/2019 6:57pm
Racing whole life....C class.... building personal 10 acre track.... where did this sport go so wrong?

No wonder the guy who is 22 years old and buys his first bike with his first good job says forget this and just goes trail riding.
brody
2/22/2019 6:58pm
the fill you guys got in elpaso looks good, found some cheep on craigslist, 6 a ton, so 90 a load for a tandem, gonna need some wood chips found those for free on craigslist, Also i would build a water trailer, i did it found and old roached out trailer painted it put 4 200 gallon tanks on it and an used pump plumed it cost me 300 bucks.
el paso zip-79901 john deer 544j 3yd bucket-600 weekend
john deer skid steer 5000 pound .5 yard bucket-300 a weekend
JB 19
2/22/2019 7:00pm
Oh, and "Supercross Futures?" In the 80's and 90's we called that amateur day. Dry
4csHATER
2/22/2019 7:12pm
okay maybe the whole 4 bikes thing is a little much but at least two bikes
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
2/22/2019 7:27pm
Started riding when I was 4. Started on a fourwheeler, moved to xr50, kx65, yz85, kx100, rm125, rm250, then for the past 5 years ive been...
Started riding when I was 4. Started on a fourwheeler, moved to xr50, kx65, yz85, kx100, rm125, rm250, then for the past 5 years ive been riding an 08 cr250f. It wasnt until I got on the cr250f that I started seeing drastic improvements with my riding style and skills. I started riding because my dad did. It bacame a family thing to race on weekends and have fun riding. But as soon as i hit highschool, i was the only one riding in the family while my dad sat in a flaggers booth. It was no longer what it used to be. I stuck to mostly just scheduled practices and a racer here and there. I always enjoyed riding mx tracks but it was no longer fun because I had noone to ride with, talk to back at the trailer, and no friends. My last official race was in 2015 at a county fair which I did pretty good. Since then its been nothing but practicing on a track. I talked to someone the other day about why I as a 22 year old am not in at least the B class and it is because I was never raised to train, or shown how to train in motocross. My dad although very supportive was never sitting me down to give me pointers or tips. It was always just do your best. This is the first time that I have intentionally decided that I am going to go for it. Ive never had a personal track to train on. Ive never had exersize equipment, and or enough vacation time to be able to take weeks off if needed to race. Not to mention the funds! I am super excited and havent been this motivated before.
"raised to train" you can train all you want and it wont make you any faster so the reason you are not in the B class by now has nothing to do with training. You want to go fast then go race, every weekend, that is what will make you faster.

Post a reply to: Should I race Lorettas or Supercross futures?

The Latest