Should Eli race MXGP 2020

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/19/2018 3:32pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Another misconception, Supercross is where all the money is. For the top guys, a GP win pays the exact same amount as a Supercross main, the...
Another misconception, Supercross is where all the money is. For the top guys, a GP win pays the exact same amount as a Supercross main, the MXGP title pays the exact same amount as a Supercross title.

GP guys miss out on purse money, but but that's $12,000, pretty much nothing compared to everything else.

Herlings made more money this year than any US rider.
Park Boys wrote:
Do you just type shit and hope people think you are right? SX is still king when it comes to cash, lately we have been finding...
Do you just type shit and hope people think you are right? SX is still king when it comes to cash, lately we have been finding out that MXGP series is starting to pay out as much as the AMA and now it's surpassed it? Herlings signed a contract that put him on par with Dungey and now he's the highest paid? Roczen still has the highest base salary for this upcoming year at least, after that it will be between Herlings and Tomac. For one I bet you know nothing about their contracts, I can assure you both Tomac and Herlings have championship clauses that add money to there base salary. Tomac has the opportunity to do it twice and he won 1, Herlings has one shot and he just got it. I also assume Herlings won 150-200 thousand Euros all in for his Dutch winnings? That I really know nothing about but I assume/hope he made some decent change for that. I like how you say GP guys miss out on purse money and say it's nothing while AMA guys get the bonuses and purse money. Your right 12,000 to these top guys on either side of the pond is not much, multiple it by 16 and it adds up. So do the heat race bonuses these guys get at around 6 grand depending on the contract although it might be diffrerent now.

Herlings probably has a base contract with KTM for 3 to 3.5 million plus he won at least a million for the MXGP title and around 1.7 for his 17 GP wins. A stars is proabably close to a million as well plus all the other bonuses he got. He made at least 6.5 million this year which is probably more than most of you all think assuming his win/championship bonsus are in line with the AMA series.

Tomacs base is in the same range as Herlings espiaclly when you consider he hit a title clause in his contract last year raising his salary this year. He won 16 total races 1.6 million plus you get the purse bonsus/ heat race bonuses, etc for at least another 200k. At least a million for the MX title another million from A stars plus all his other personal sponsers and bonuses. Puts him at least 6.5 million just like Herlings but then a week after the Des Nations he won a million bucks which puts him over the top. And made him undoubtly the highest paid rider in the world. It was close before the MEC i would assume real close but after MEC its undisputed.

In the GPs you have 20 chances for win bonuses in the AMA you have 29. You have one championship bonus in the GPs and you have two in the AMA plus a race where 3 guys won a million in one night. It's pure numbers game and that's why you can make more in the AMA even if everything is equal otherwise.

Those numbers are pretty close as I know what these guys were getting for bonuses about 4-5 years ago and some of the clauses they had in contracts.

PS, RV made more than all these guys 5 years ago in 2013, that's the beauty of winning the double (SX/MX) in the same year. Just for a reference.

Herlings at least from a pure MX standpoint he just made more than anyone ever, but in a sense his opportunitys are more limited than an AMA rider. Due to leaving a potential 3 million in bonsus off the table. If I was Herlings I would get the hell out of the huge tax countries that punish you for being the best of the best and go live In Monaco or tax friendly Switzerland because we all know he is paying more in taxes than Tomac.

I didn't count the Monster Cup, but you said pretty much what i said with just a few less sentences. Again, everyone assumes that SX pays so much more than the GPs, it doesn't, and that was my point.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/19/2018 3:36pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Another misconception, Supercross is where all the money is. For the top guys, a GP win pays the exact same amount as a Supercross main, the...
Another misconception, Supercross is where all the money is. For the top guys, a GP win pays the exact same amount as a Supercross main, the MXGP title pays the exact same amount as a Supercross title.

GP guys miss out on purse money, but but that's $12,000, pretty much nothing compared to everything else.

DPR250R wrote:
Is that per series? As in does a racer that wins both the Supercross and AMA outdoor title make more than someone who wins the MXGP...
Is that per series?

As in does a racer that wins both the Supercross and AMA outdoor title make more than someone who wins the MXGP title? or does MXGP cover both?

Actually a real question with no set up or comeback ready. Figured I have to type that with all the shit flinging going on.
Yes, per series, if Eli doubled up, he would make more than Herlings, but he hasn't.

If Eli won both both titles, and won the same amount of races, he would be in the 7-7.5 million range while Herlings is in the 6-6.5 range.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/19/2018 3:42pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'd say it's the ultimate goal because that's where all the money is. I don't blame the GP guys for not wanting to race SX though...
I'd say it's the ultimate goal because that's where all the money is. I don't blame the GP guys for not wanting to race SX though. Our sport is dangerous enough already, but then you throw SX in the mix and it gets even worse.

I wouldn't just say Herlings embarrassed us because Coldenhoff did as well. Can we really call Herlings the fastest guy though? Hoff did beat him straight up the last race at MXdN WinkTongue
UpTiTe wrote:

psg119 wrote:
I REALLY don't understand where all the hate came from for SX... is it just because of this whole Herlings v. Tomac crap? Just because people's...
I REALLY don't understand where all the hate came from for SX... is it just because of this whole Herlings v. Tomac crap? Just because people's favorite rider doesn't ride it means it's shit? SX fills 40-50,000 seats EVERY event. I'd hardly say that's a side show. It's motorcycle racing. It's awesome. I can only imagine what you guys think about other events like flat track or speedway... I think any real motorcycle fan would love it all.

And to say Herlings made more than any US rider, I'd really like to see the numbers if you have them like DPR250R was asking. I honestly can't find them and am just curious. No need to jump down anyones throat for asking that. I read an article a while back on him resigning with KTM where the manager said he sacrificed pay because he wanted to keep his same team around him and just focus on winning (which I respect a lot) and that there were other riders not as good making more than him. And Tomac just made another 1M (that's a lot of money at an SX based event) not including bonuses. So if it would be interesting to know, if you guys do have some info on the matter. If Herlings or anyone else is making that much money over there I think we will see many more US riders over there trying to give it a shot soon. And yes I know some people consider the MEC a "sideshow" because they do everything so different but it seems to have been making headway each year. And I think it's bad ass watching the superminis and allstars go after it. Again, racing is racing.

I like watching SX, US Outdoors, MXGP, Loretta's, ALL OF IT. People should have their favorite riders and fight for them (verbally) if they are true fans, but don't hate on the different series. The difference in location between ET3 and JH87 have given the sport A TON of attention and I think that is awesome. I honestly don't think as many people would have tuned in to the MXON had they both not been there. The fan rivalry keeps the sport fun and alive. I will always root for Eli because he has always been my favorite since his 85 days on the Suzuki. Before I even knew of Jeffrey. But do I think Jeff is a beast as well? Hell yeah. He's crushing it right now. And I think it's fun to banter with people on here every now and then, as a lot of you do since there is a thread about this multiple times a day. But we are still all a part of the moto family. Let's just love the sport as a whole and keep it fun for cryin out loud.
people don't dis like SX, most love it, but to them the FIM series is more prominent.

I agree with everything you just said, I dont understand the underlying hatred for a guy who races in the opposite series.

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/19/2018 5:09pm
UpTiTe wrote:

DPR250R wrote:
Is that per series? As in does a racer that wins both the Supercross and AMA outdoor title make more than someone who wins the MXGP...
Is that per series?

As in does a racer that wins both the Supercross and AMA outdoor title make more than someone who wins the MXGP title? or does MXGP cover both?

Actually a real question with no set up or comeback ready. Figured I have to type that with all the shit flinging going on.
UpTiTe wrote:
Yes, per series, if Eli doubled up, he would make more than Herlings, but he hasn't. If Eli won both both titles, and won the same...
Yes, per series, if Eli doubled up, he would make more than Herlings, but he hasn't.

If Eli won both both titles, and won the same amount of races, he would be in the 7-7.5 million range while Herlings is in the 6-6.5 range.
Did you literally just copy my numbers and use it for a response to someone else? I'm glad at least your factual this time! I know there is clauses for winning the individual titles, I.E. SX or MX. I don't know if you get another bonus for winning both, I assume you do which would put the SX/MX champ way out of reach at least finically as it is the hardest thing to accomplish in this sport. Maybe ML512 knows if you get another bounus for being number 1 in SX/MX in the same calendar year. I also don't know the specifics of Herlings/Tomacs personal sponsors but I know the ballpark figures at least on the AMA side of things. Don't take my numbers as the law but more of a ball park estimate. Again though at the end of the year purse money and heat wins for example total up into the hundreds of thousands if you win enough.

I can tell you though this year Tomac was easily the highest paid rider in the AMA/GP side of things.

The Shop

KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
10/19/2018 5:34pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Anyone else's screen showing this?? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/18/296748/s1200_vital10182018.jpg[/img]
Anyone else's screen showing this??

I wish there was something better than a thumbs up because this post deserves it ??
DPR250R
10/19/2018 5:34pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Yes, per series, if Eli doubled up, he would make more than Herlings, but he hasn't. If Eli won both both titles, and won the same...

That's what I was wondering. Thanks.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/19/2018 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2018 5:40pm
DPR250R wrote:
Is that per series?

UpTiTe wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
Did you literally just copy my numbers and use it for a response to someone else? I'm glad at least your factual this time! I know...
Did you literally just copy my numbers and use it for a response to someone else? I'm glad at least your factual this time! I know there is clauses for winning the individual titles, I.E. SX or MX. I don't know if you get another bonus for winning both, I assume you do which would put the SX/MX champ way out of reach at least finically as it is the hardest thing to accomplish in this sport. Maybe ML512 knows if you get another bounus for being number 1 in SX/MX in the same calendar year. I also don't know the specifics of Herlings/Tomacs personal sponsors but I know the ballpark figures at least on the AMA side of things. Don't take my numbers as the law but more of a ball park estimate. Again though at the end of the year purse money and heat wins for example total up into the hundreds of thousands if you win enough.

I can tell you though this year Tomac was easily the highest paid rider in the AMA/GP side of things.
No I didn't copy your numbers, I roughly knew them. .

BUT, the original argument was SUPERCROSS pays more than GP, it doesn't, it virtually pays the same. Add in the mx title and of course, you make more here.

I have no idea what your deal is with me, but we are saying the same exact thing.

JHForman
10/19/2018 6:51pm
We should actually start an MXGP team it doesn't have to be our top guys, just a team that can run the MXGP and can become faster or something. getting any of our top SX guys to go isn't happening

Post a reply to: Should Eli race MXGP 2020

The Latest