Should Anderson have pulled in at Salt Lake?

5/4/2018 10:52am
I've been out of the loop. Havent read the forums. So I dont know if this has been covered yet or not.

But that was some of the worst Ive ever seen. Totally unprepared. Amateur hour. Do they even practice these sorts of emergency situations?

Ive said it before, these guys are glorified parts changers, and under stress, they couldnt even get that right. Changing a front wheel shouldnt have taken that long. It looked like the keystone cops.

Have they fired Jason's mechanics yet? If not, they should have. And the team manager needs to be put on the hot seat. You either prepare for these situations or you are preparing to get fucked over by them.
BikerScars
5/4/2018 6:11pm
Justin345 wrote:
Coming from someone who’s front wheel exploding and breaking bones as a result, he 100% made the right call.
Agee.

That front wheel folds, it could end his career permanently. And on a pro SX track the likelyhood of it folding is very high.
BikerScars
5/4/2018 6:23pm
SCR wrote:
If I'm not mistaken he is the only current 450 rider that does have a 450 championship other than Reed. The only other guy in the...
If I'm not mistaken he is the only current 450 rider that does have a 450 championship other than Reed. The only other guy in the class that did have a championship is out for the second season in a row with injury, from crashing, again. I'm pretty sure Kawi has bigger smiles at the races than Honda.
Tell me which rider has been better week in and week out . I said it in another post. You can take the entire 450 field (excluding Reed)add up all their career wins and it doesn't equal what Tomac did in one season.

deluxeman wrote:
I don't think Kawasaki is happy about Eli's performance's in SX. He gets paid to win championships, they pay him to put a big red number...
I don't think Kawasaki is happy about Eli's performance's in SX. He gets paid to win championships, they pay him to put a big red number 1 on the front of that bike so they can run adds and sell bikes. Yeah he can win races when he is on, problem is, he isn't on enough and when he's off he's off.

I would answer you this way. In 2017 Dungey was better, 2018 Anderson and Musquin have both been better that Eli. They lead him in points by quite a large margin. Why not include Reed, he is still racing and has 2 SX titles to Eli's 0.

No doubt Eli is fast, but he makes too many mistakes. The fact that he has 0 SX titles is his own fault.

Listen to The Pulp Sow # 332 when Villipoto gets asked about Eli. It is pretty interesting to hear RV's take on Eli.

drt410 wrote:
Hes been practicing with a big fat #1 and a red plate for outdoors so luckily he has that. Hell have half the year with the...
Hes been practicing with a big fat #1 and a red plate for outdoors so luckily he has that. Hell have half the year with the #1 plate so that makes up for it a little bit, but not fully. He definitely should have won it this year, but that 1 mental lapse cost him 2 races right off the bat. Nobody has ever won a championship with 2 DNF's to start the year. This mx season is going to be his make or break year I think. If he can repeat outdoors and bring that confidence to indoors and win his first sx title then everything is good and it all worked out. If he doesn't win outdoors but wins sx its still pretty good. If he loses the outdoors after losing the indoors thats bad, and then he has no choice but to win indoors or else thats a major failure and his confidence will probably be shaken forever like Barcia. If he loses both that will most likely be to either Anderson or Musquin, Roczen definitely has a shot at outdoors as well as he doesnt seem to wad it up outdoors like he does indoors and has 2 championships already. This is his make or break year though, hes gotta repeat outdoors and if not its SX or bust.
I have no idea what Kawi thinks but I can not imagine ET ever being thought of as a "major failure " by any objective measure. If he never wins another race he still on a short list of all time wins. Recently season after season he racks up more wins than his competitors, so any motorcycle company would LOVE to have them on their team.
I am not saying he deserves championships because of those wins, but he will always garner respect as a racer during and after his career.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Should Anderson have pulled in at Salt Lake?

The Latest