Should AC92 been allowed to race?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2018 8:02 AM

Just rewatched the qualifying wreck. Appears he may have been out. Should he have been held out of competition for the remainder of the night?

https://instagram.com/p/BeM7PihH9QA/

Just reread the AMA rulebook and nothing on if a rider is “knocked out” should they be held out. It’s the Chief Medical Officers call based on the comparison of the ImPACT Concussion Management Test.

Not sure how I feel about this, good to know they have something in place, but I’m a bit uneasy knowing they are sending them out immediately afterwords considering some symptoms may not appear immediately.

https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/symptoms.html

|

1/21/2018 8:05 AM

I am guessing he finished ahead of your rider.

|

1/21/2018 8:11 AM

He was cleared by the medical crew so yes

|

1/21/2018 8:13 AM

slumpstone wrote:

He was cleared by the medical crew so yes

He said he never blacked out but was a little foggy until the third race.

|

1/21/2018 8:26 AM

Premix wrote:

Just rewatched the qualifying wreck. Appears he may have been out. Should he have been held out of competition for the remainder of the night?

https://instagram.com/p/BeM7PihH9QA/

Just reread the AMA rulebook and nothing on if a rider is “knocked out” should they be held out. It’s the Chief Medical Officers call based on the comparison of the ImPACT Concussion Management Test.

Not sure how I feel about this, good to know they have something in place, but I’m a bit uneasy knowing they are sending them out immediately afterwords considering some symptoms may not appear immediately.

https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/symptoms.html

Appears being the key word...

|

1/21/2018 8:28 AM

He wasn’t knocked out... so what’s the point?

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

1/21/2018 8:47 AM

He wasnt knocked out. He had the wind knocked out of him. Obviously thats never happened to you. When that happens youre basically paralyzed because the only thing youre trying to do is catch a breath. Ease up. He got 4th on the night. He rode damn good for what happened to him.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/21/2018 8:50 AM

One more lap he wins the last moto. He was on it

|

1/21/2018 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2018 1:39 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

He wasnt knocked out. He had the wind knocked out of him. Obviously thats never happened to you. When that happens youre basically paralyzed because the only thing youre trying to do is catch a breath. Ease up. He got 4th on the night. He rode damn good for what happened to him.

He nor did anyone ever say he got the wind knocked out of him. Listen to post race observations. He was knocked silly. Don’t you have a top end to change?

|

1/21/2018 1:38 PM

ImPACT test is only used when a rider is put in the concussion protocol.

We use a SCAT5, VOMS, BESS as well as other data collection procedures all performed by an MD who has educated himself in the latest data from the International Consensus Conference.

A picture is worth a thousand words but an onsite evaluation by a healthcare professional is the final word.

|

1/21/2018 1:50 PM

RangerLee wrote:

I am guessing he finished ahead of your rider.

Did you see the crash smart guy?

|

1/21/2018 1:57 PM

Some guys rider better foggy, Webb should try it

|

1/21/2018 8:40 PM

In the PulpMX post racer interview he alluded to not having a clear head until the third main.

|

1/21/2018 10:01 PM

EddieC wrote:

ImPACT test is only used when a rider is put in the concussion protocol.

We use a SCAT5, VOMS, BESS as well as other data collection procedures all performed by an MD who has educated himself in the latest data from the International Consensus Conference.

A picture is worth a thousand words but an onsite evaluation by a healthcare professional is the final word.

How dare they not use the Vital doctors’ opinions as part of the decision making process?

|

1/21/2018 10:07 PM

EddieC wrote:

ImPACT test is only used when a rider is put in the concussion protocol.

We use a SCAT5, VOMS, BESS as well as other data collection procedures all performed by an MD who has educated himself in the latest data from the International Consensus Conference.

A picture is worth a thousand words but an onsite evaluation by a healthcare professional is the final word.

Thanks, Eddie.

/endthread

|

1/21/2018 11:16 PM

motoxxx599 wrote:

In the PulpMX post racer interview he alluded to not having a clear head until the third main.

Yet he passed all medical testing.

Hindsight will not be kind when looking back at moments like these. And the cavalier way in which this stuff is dismissed will disqualify people from saying “we didnt know any better”. Race officials only care about protecting their liability.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

1/22/2018 12:50 AM

motoxxx599 wrote:

In the PulpMX post racer interview he alluded to not having a clear head until the third main.

Jabroni wrote:

Yet he passed all medical testing.

Hindsight will not be kind when looking back at moments like these. And the cavalier way in which this stuff is dismissed will disqualify people from saying “we didnt know any better”. Race officials only care about protecting their liability.

And if he sat out even though he passed the tests, everyone would blow him out on here. There is no winning in this situation so at the end of the day, if he passes the tests and wants to race, then that's his decision.

|

1/22/2018 1:13 AM

If he didn't race, all the doctors in here would have said he should have raced and called him Glass Joe.

|

1/22/2018 1:15 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

He wasnt knocked out. He had the wind knocked out of him. Obviously thats never happened to you. When that happens youre basically paralyzed because the only thing youre trying to do is catch a breath. Ease up. He got 4th on the night. He rode damn good for what happened to him.

Premix wrote:

He nor did anyone ever say he got the wind knocked out of him. Listen to post race observations. He was knocked silly. Don’t you have a top end to change?

Wow you are infatuated with me... you want an autograph? I got a piston i can sign and send you

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/22/2018 1:19 AM

With what we are learning about CTE and brain trauma probably not. Even if he wasn't out cold it still rattled his brain enough to be foggy for a fee hours like he said.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

1/22/2018 1:42 AM

Yes, he is from Florida.

|

1/22/2018 1:48 AM

motoxxx599 wrote:

In the PulpMX post racer interview he alluded to not having a clear head until the third main.

My head was never clear during any of the many main events.

|

1/22/2018 4:31 AM

Not wanting to start another thread. Is there any testing or neutral checking done by any Feld/ama doctors on letting riders come back from injury? Say in Kenny’s case, or if he and only his doctors give the ok ?

|

1/22/2018 6:17 AM

Having watched the crash and them him unable to stand afterwards, then listening to his post-race interviews, I am surprised he was racing.

|

1/22/2018 6:52 AM

Jt$ wrote:

Having watched the crash and them him unable to stand afterwards, then listening to his post-race interviews, I am surprised he was racing.

Exactly. It’s disturbing. Thanks for your input JT!

|

1/22/2018 7:04 AM

In 2006 Leighton Lillie got knocked out in the heat race. When he was on the line for the lcq he asked "does the first turn go left or right?"

|

1/22/2018 7:15 AM

AC literally could not remember parts of his races in his post-race interview with Matthes. He should not have been allowed to race and with the way football is being attacked with head injuries, someone needs to step-in and make this protocol better. This is not something that should be played around with!!

|

1/22/2018 9:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2018 9:05 AM

motoxxx599 wrote:

In the PulpMX post racer interview he alluded to not having a clear head until the third main.

Jabroni wrote:

Yet he passed all medical testing.

Hindsight will not be kind when looking back at moments like these. And the cavalier way in which this stuff is dismissed will disqualify people from saying “we didnt know any better”. Race officials only care about protecting their liability.

tcallahan707 wrote:

And if he sat out even though he passed the tests, everyone would blow him out on here. There is no winning in this situation so at the end of the day, if he passes the tests and wants to race, then that's his decision.

The very nature of a concussion is that it’s not “his decision” anymore.

Im not blaming AC at all. I dont expect a rider to voluntarily “sit out”. I expect the medical professionals to do their jobs and protect both the rider from himself & his competition. They ran tests, he passed. I believe EddieC when he says that. But the kid clearly wasnt right by evidence of the Matthes interview.

It’s pretty clear the testing is a joke and merely a liability cover.

The irony is that much like with PEDs (which I am not against) the very nature of SX/MX is very dangerous. Preaching safety is probably never gonna go over well.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

1/22/2018 9:23 AM

That kid wants this championship. What else can you say? He was going to put in a good ride and gather as many points as he could , and he didn't care how he felt. I'm sure that if he felt he was going to put other riders in danger , he would of called it.....but he didn't. He had a good race.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/22/2018 9:32 AM

One of my worst concussions came from a wreck in which I never lost consciousness and my head never hit anything. But my brain did hit my skull and I couldn't focus for about 2 weeks. I don't know if I raced the next week, if I did, I should not have. When I was younger I thought nothing of getting back into games with concussions, it probably did me no good. Of course I had no plans on getting old, so why worry?

|