Shorty?

MOTO120
Anyone have any updates on Andrew Short's progress with Husqvarna? I thought (and might be wrong) the week his new deal with them was announced, he was actually already scheduled to do a rally race aboard the new machine overseas somewhere. Any results? Any pics? Any reports? Just a curious Shorty fan...
|
newmann
10/31/2017 9:21am
Supposed to be getting ready for Dakar??
10/31/2017 9:21am
Other than what I saw on social media, I haven't seen much. But I think he was floating around 15th place first few days with hondas top guy in the lead.

I believe the important events are still upcoming, however I don't follow rally at all

The Shop

10/31/2017 9:46am
Other than what I saw on social media, I haven't seen much. But I think he was floating around 15th place first few days with hondas...
Other than what I saw on social media, I haven't seen much. But I think he was floating around 15th place first few days with hondas top guy in the lead.

I believe the important events are still upcoming, however I don't follow rally at all
Honda has come back to haunt him.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
10/31/2017 10:02am
How many times a day do you launch yourself off a chair straight to your head?Whistling
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
10/31/2017 11:02am
Sooooo...... who in the know can fill us in on why he jumped all of a sudden? I thought he was trending this way with Honda already, so this was kinda shocking.

Was his job with Honda USA, who had no input on him actually racing a Honda in a rally? If so, it totally makes sense why he switched.
IWreckALot
10/31/2017 12:19pm
imoto34 wrote:
How many times a day do you launch yourself off a chair straight to your head?Whistling
Reading this forum at times makes me want to do it hourly. . . sooooo. . . 25?
Xeno
10/31/2017 12:34pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Sooooo...... who in the know can fill us in on why he jumped all of a sudden? I thought he was trending this way with Honda...
Sooooo...... who in the know can fill us in on why he jumped all of a sudden? I thought he was trending this way with Honda already, so this was kinda shocking.

Was his job with Honda USA, who had no input on him actually racing a Honda in a rally? If so, it totally makes sense why he switched.
As far as I know there was no drama surrounding this switch (sorry Vitards!). Andrew did some testing with the Honda Rally team, he really enjoyed it (becasue Rally is Bad-Ass), but the Honda Rally team is full. I believe the Husky team had some injuries, so that presented the opportunity for Andrew.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/31/2017 5:10pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Sooooo...... who in the know can fill us in on why he jumped all of a sudden? I thought he was trending this way with Honda...

Xeno wrote:
As far as I know there was no drama surrounding this switch (sorry Vitards!). Andrew did some testing with the Honda Rally team, he really enjoyed...
As far as I know there was no drama surrounding this switch (sorry Vitards!). Andrew did some testing with the Honda Rally team, he really enjoyed it (becasue Rally is Bad-Ass), but the Honda Rally team is full. I believe the Husky team had some injuries, so that presented the opportunity for Andrew.
My understanding is Shorty could've done a little but of Rally racing with Honda but didn't have the opportunity to take it on as a full-time thing there. As you mentioned, the injury at Husqvarna opened up the chance to take it seriously for the next year or two, with the chance of continuing on.
Huckster
10/31/2017 5:55pm
I have no clue about Rally but I am curious why a guy who retires from SX/MX would want to get back in to a full time riding deal? Is it less dangerous? Less training and time away from his family?
rk337
10/31/2017 8:33pm
MxKing809 wrote:

Xeno wrote:
As far as I know there was no drama surrounding this switch (sorry Vitards!). Andrew did some testing with the Honda Rally team, he really enjoyed...
ML512 wrote:
My understanding is Shorty could've done a little but of Rally racing with Honda but didn't have the opportunity to take it on as a full-time...
My understanding is Shorty could've done a little but of Rally racing with Honda but didn't have the opportunity to take it on as a full-time thing there. As you mentioned, the injury at Husqvarna opened up the chance to take it seriously for the next year or two, with the chance of continuing on.
Any reason Husky didn't choose their current rider Argubright to race rally?
LungButter
11/1/2017 6:04am
rk337 wrote:
Does Jacob want to race rally?

He is kinda a "crasher", not sure that transfers to rally well....
Adam43
11/1/2017 9:25am
Huckster wrote:
I have no clue about Rally but I am curious why a guy who retires from SX/MX would want to get back in to a full...
I have no clue about Rally but I am curious why a guy who retires from SX/MX would want to get back in to a full time riding deal? Is it less dangerous? Less training and time away from his family?
He's a professional racer and talent is a shame to waste.
bodean123
Fantasy
2112th
11/1/2017 10:11am
Huckster wrote:
I have no clue about Rally but I am curious why a guy who retires from SX/MX would want to get back in to a full...
Adam43 wrote:
Dude loves ridding, found a passion for a new discipline would be my guess. Personnly I think it’s awesome to see him still out riding.
Huckster
11/1/2017 11:21am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2017 11:22am
Huckster wrote:
Adam43 wrote:
bodean123 wrote:
Dude loves ridding, found a passion for a new discipline would be my guess. Personnly I think it’s awesome to see him still out riding.
I agree and not judging at all. Was just curious why he would go from one grind to another thats all. Seemed like he was over it.
TeamGreen
11/2/2017 9:48am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2017 9:55am
MxKing809 wrote:

Xeno wrote:
ML512 wrote:
My understanding is Shorty could've done a little but of Rally racing with Honda but didn't have the opportunity to take it on as a full-time...
Yup.

As for his results? His intention, going to Morocco, was to get familiar with the logistics/flow of the Rally racing scene, team operations, NAVIGATION! & to just get a feel for his new rally steed.

Andrew was very into what he was doing at Honda and he truly loved the people there. He was, obviously, an integral part of the Team. His relationship with Kenny is known and that was extremely hard on Andrew...stepping away from that...I was there. I saw it. It was not easy.

But he had to do it.
To pursue a Dream.
Literally.

He left an EPIC position to pursue his dreams.

I can personally tell you that no one at any of these teams or companies that I've talked to has ANY hard feelings. I was at Honda a couple weeks later and there was plenty of "stoke" for him and his future. Andrew always leaves good feelings in his wake. Always.

A note: more than a few of these guys really LOVE what they do and who they work with. Obviously, Andrew is one of those guys. That smile is real.
ocscottie
11/2/2017 12:38pm
I have been following his exploits just through his IG account, as usual he always has a smile on his face. Those rally's are super gnar!
TallonT911
11/2/2017 3:27pm
rk337 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Does Jacob want to race rally?

He is kinda a "crasher", not sure that transfers to rally well....
Yes Jake wants to get into rally, and from what ive heard hes out at Husky after this year, not sure why and not sure where hes going, heard possibly with ZipTy on kawis?

Post a reply to: Shorty?

The Latest