Shootout’s are a laugh........

H4L
8/18/2019 1:49pm
thephoenix wrote:
Most of the riders on here could go just as fast on a bone stock 2008 CRF450 as they could on anything 2020. Hell, most of...
Most of the riders on here could go just as fast on a bone stock 2008 CRF450 as they could on anything 2020.

Hell, most of the guys on here could go faster if they just cut out one micky d's meal a week and jogged for a couple hours per week instead of buying 1500 exhaust systems and shiny new gear every month.
brimx153 wrote:
I 100% agree . The 08 Honda is still so dam good , i rode one last month and could nt believe how good it was...
I 100% agree . The 08 Honda is still so dam good , i rode one last month and could nt believe how good it was. the fame and handling is wayyyyyyyyyy better than the new honda imo. Just set it up and go. New Honda s are way to hit or miss from track to track .
kiwifan wrote:
I disagree with you about the handling, the new Hondas since 2017 are great handling and super power. Sure they can be tricky to setup from...
I disagree with you about the handling, the new Hondas since 2017 are great handling and super power. Sure they can be tricky to setup from track to track (in stock form) if the tracks are completely different, but a few clicks here and there (plus perhaps change of sag) sets them up vs straight from the van. A decent setup 2017-2020 will be way better than a 2008.
I disagree as well. The 08 Honda 450 was a very good bike for its era, but time moves on.
Owned an 08 & now own an 18 model. As good as the 08 was it’s not in the same league as the 18.
brimx153
8/18/2019 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2019 2:03pm
brimx153 wrote:
I 100% agree . The 08 Honda is still so dam good , i rode one last month and could nt believe how good it was...
I 100% agree . The 08 Honda is still so dam good , i rode one last month and could nt believe how good it was. the fame and handling is wayyyyyyyyyy better than the new honda imo. Just set it up and go. New Honda s are way to hit or miss from track to track .
kiwifan wrote:
I disagree with you about the handling, the new Hondas since 2017 are great handling and super power. Sure they can be tricky to setup from...
I disagree with you about the handling, the new Hondas since 2017 are great handling and super power. Sure they can be tricky to setup from track to track (in stock form) if the tracks are completely different, but a few clicks here and there (plus perhaps change of sag) sets them up vs straight from the van. A decent setup 2017-2020 will be way better than a 2008.
H4L wrote:
I disagree as well. The 08 Honda 450 was a very good bike for its era, but time moves on. Owned an 08 & now own...
I disagree as well. The 08 Honda 450 was a very good bike for its era, but time moves on.
Owned an 08 & now own an 18 model. As good as the 08 was it’s not in the same league as the 18.
I dont think it s a better bike . But i dont think bikes have moved
On as far as people think . for any rider who is fast .they would be way faster on the new Honda s .No dought . But for a very high number of people who ride .there lap times wouldn't change imo. The thing i hate lately are C riders basicly jeering bikes from 2015 as beening terrible. And way down on power . Or best is the chassis is far too stiff . Shootouts have alot to do with this imo .
kiwifan
8/18/2019 2:04pm
Paul333 wrote:
LOL, I think it’s hilarious any pro MXA post gets attacked or mocked. Like Jody has time or the interest in trolling these threads. Even posting...
LOL, I think it’s hilarious any pro MXA post gets attacked or mocked. Like Jody has time or the interest in trolling these threads.

Even posting such dumb crap is moronic. Especially when we have the Lindsey “Test Rider” clique spamming the forum daily promoting themselves.
ML512 wrote:
Promoting themselves? :laugh: Because members of the forum are interested in what I’m doing. The only test riders in my Shootout with an account is myself...
Promoting themselves? Laughing Because members of the forum are interested in what I’m doing. The only test riders in my Shootout with an account is myself and Jeff Walker. And so far all I’ve done is respond to users.
Paul333 wrote:
LOL, congratulations you must be the first guy in the history of the internet to invent forum troll marketing. Sorry but no So you aren’t running...
LOL, congratulations you must be the first guy in the history of the internet to invent forum troll marketing.

Sorry but no

So you aren’t running multiple burner/ghost accounts yourself, your associates aren’t running multiple accounts, or at the very least coordinating your posts to maximize the self promotion? We are supposed to believe it’s all merely a coincidence we mysteriously have 4-5 “Spontaneous” pro Lindsay the “Test Rider” threads pop up....?

A coincidence that occurs exactly when you announce your next “Shootout” that desperately needs marketing, it’s obvious your original exit from the forum to become a Keefer Clone failed, and you get thin skinned / paranoid being called out for it....?

Trust me, it’s all been done a million times on forums dedicated to every topic you can think of from Fishing to Astrophysics. Rarely is it successful. I personally wouldn’t care but I despise the arrogance of it and the attacking of other organizations (Which Never Works)...

Have a nice day.
you sir, are an idiot, have a nice day
H4L
8/18/2019 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2019 5:20pm
brimx153 wrote:
I dont think it s a better bike . But i dont think bikes have moved On as far as people think . for any rider...
On as far as people think . for any rider who is fast .they would be way faster on the new Honda s .No dought . But for a very high number of people who ride .there lap times wouldn't change imo. The thing i hate lately are C riders basicly jeering bikes from 2015 as beening terrible. And way down on power . Or best is the chassis is far too stiff . Shootouts have alot to do with this imo .
Unless the rider is a total newb / novice he or she might not be able to distinguish the major difference between the carb era 05-08 models vs. 17-19’s. IMHO I felt 09-10’s models owned that were dialed were better bikes than the 05,06 & 08 models also owned.
I believe even CR22 has made comments about how good the 11-12 models were that he raced. That being said the 17+ are even better specially off the showroom floor.

The Shop

brimx153
8/18/2019 2:45pm
brimx153 wrote:
I dont think it s a better bike . But i dont think bikes have moved On as far as people think . for any rider...
H4L wrote:
Unless the rider is a total newb / novice he or she might not be able to distinguish the major difference between the carb era 05-08...
Unless the rider is a total newb / novice he or she might not be able to distinguish the major difference between the carb era 05-08 models vs. 17-19’s. IMHO I felt 09-10’s models owned that were dialed were better bikes than the 05,06 & 08 models also owned.
I believe even CR22 has made comments about how good the 11-12 models were that he raced. That being said the 17+ are even better specially off the showroom floor.
Sorry cant agree there the 09 10 11 12 were awful. Without alot of work. Reed s bike even though it was nt full factory was far from stock . I agree the 17 is a great bike .i think what it comes down to is what people like , if you liked a 09 10 , you must like a very weighted front wheel and really quick turning. I hate that feeling. Are average riders able to tell the difference between 08 and new ,sure . Does that translate into lap times not so much imo . It all about what bike suit s your style. Id say that was the biggest strength of the 08 nearly everyone liked it. And the chassis was great
H4L
8/18/2019 3:11pm
brimx153 wrote:
Sorry cant agree there the 09 10 11 12 were awful. Without alot of work. Reed s bike even though it was nt full factory was...
Sorry cant agree there the 09 10 11 12 were awful. Without alot of work. Reed s bike even though it was nt full factory was far from stock . I agree the 17 is a great bike .i think what it comes down to is what people like , if you liked a 09 10 , you must like a very weighted front wheel and really quick turning. I hate that feeling. Are average riders able to tell the difference between 08 and new ,sure . Does that translate into lap times not so much imo . It all about what bike suit s your style. Id say that was the biggest strength of the 08 nearly everyone liked it. And the chassis was great
Don’t need a works HRC 09-12 model. However they did need some work (not a lot) from the showroom floor with suspension being the key to getting the chassis balanced.
A pipe & ECU tune did wonders on a stock engine.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
8/19/2019 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2019 5:51pm
kb228 wrote:
MXA is off because theyre biased toward KTM. MXA is the CNN of moto media. Anyways, takes good riders to test bikes. Do we really want...
MXA is off because theyre biased toward KTM.

MXA is the CNN of moto media.

Anyways, takes good riders to test bikes. Do we really want C level riders out there who cant feel a difference in fork height? If 10 different A/B class guys give the same feedback that should be pretty good.
LOL...and it used to be Honda, then Yamaha. You tin foil hat-wearing freaks crack me up.
Mr. Afterbar
8/19/2019 7:02pm
malachi177 wrote:
Dude, it was a whole new platform in 2018:blink: Frame, swingarm, suspension, plastics, the only thing that carried over was the bottom end of the engine...
Dude, it was a whole new platform in 2018Blink Frame, swingarm, suspension, plastics, the only thing that carried over was the bottom end of the engine. So for you to say its just bold new graphics truly shows you have no clue. I bet you are just as slow on a Hodaka Road Toad as this years shootout winner!! As for you saying no one races them....its coming around, their amatuer support and contingency is back bigtime and quite good. Suzuki is making an effort at the grassroot level. The new RMZ250 won the STOCK class at LL so your comment about having to throw money at them lacks merit as well.
Of course this guy comes in to defend his beloved brand. Dude, just cause you hole shot a couple Junior classes doesn't mean the bike is...
Of course this guy comes in to defend his beloved brand.

Dude, just cause you hole shot a couple Junior classes doesn't mean the bike is good. Wow, no way a Suzuki won a stock class? The kid that you're talking about has a free ride, moron. Otherwise I can tell you he would not be on that bike. Use your brain dude. How many other Suzukis won at LL this year? Last year? Very few to none.

I'll take the past 10 champs in any stock class and bet you that only 1 or 2 have ever been on a Suzuki. What a stupid argument LOL.

Just take a look around, please, see the minimal amount of yellow anywhere and sink that into your C-class head.
+30 expert rider here. There's about a 90% chance I'll be on a Suzuki next year and I'm willing to bet that it won't make me a C rider. Did you even watch Loretta's this year? Some kid won a stock class on an outdated Suzuki. And not a smartass comment "outdated" Suzuki, I literally mean an older Suzuki. You're a complete fool if you think that a Suzuki will hold anyone back. I've read all your crying about them so I know this post is a complete waste of my time, but there are plenty of people who know how to ride much better than yourself that do just fine on yellow. Keep being a sheep and get whatever the majority thinks is the best, if you even ride.
kiwifan
8/19/2019 7:33pm
malachi177 wrote:
Dude, it was a whole new platform in 2018:blink: Frame, swingarm, suspension, plastics, the only thing that carried over was the bottom end of the engine...
Dude, it was a whole new platform in 2018Blink Frame, swingarm, suspension, plastics, the only thing that carried over was the bottom end of the engine. So for you to say its just bold new graphics truly shows you have no clue. I bet you are just as slow on a Hodaka Road Toad as this years shootout winner!! As for you saying no one races them....its coming around, their amatuer support and contingency is back bigtime and quite good. Suzuki is making an effort at the grassroot level. The new RMZ250 won the STOCK class at LL so your comment about having to throw money at them lacks merit as well.
Of course this guy comes in to defend his beloved brand. Dude, just cause you hole shot a couple Junior classes doesn't mean the bike is...
Of course this guy comes in to defend his beloved brand.

Dude, just cause you hole shot a couple Junior classes doesn't mean the bike is good. Wow, no way a Suzuki won a stock class? The kid that you're talking about has a free ride, moron. Otherwise I can tell you he would not be on that bike. Use your brain dude. How many other Suzukis won at LL this year? Last year? Very few to none.

I'll take the past 10 champs in any stock class and bet you that only 1 or 2 have ever been on a Suzuki. What a stupid argument LOL.

Just take a look around, please, see the minimal amount of yellow anywhere and sink that into your C-class head.
+30 expert rider here. There's about a 90% chance I'll be on a Suzuki next year and I'm willing to bet that it won't make me...
+30 expert rider here. There's about a 90% chance I'll be on a Suzuki next year and I'm willing to bet that it won't make me a C rider. Did you even watch Loretta's this year? Some kid won a stock class on an outdated Suzuki. And not a smartass comment "outdated" Suzuki, I literally mean an older Suzuki. You're a complete fool if you think that a Suzuki will hold anyone back. I've read all your crying about them so I know this post is a complete waste of my time, but there are plenty of people who know how to ride much better than yourself that do just fine on yellow. Keep being a sheep and get whatever the majority thinks is the best, if you even ride.
the same kid might win the stock class on any older brand
Mr. Afterbar
8/19/2019 7:36pm
kiwifan wrote:
the same kid might win the stock class on any older brand
Well, he didn’t. The guy that’s going to win will win on any brand, including Suzuki.
8/20/2019 8:51pm
thephoenix wrote:
Most of the riders on here could go just as fast on a bone stock 2008 CRF450 as they could on anything 2020. Hell, most of...
Most of the riders on here could go just as fast on a bone stock 2008 CRF450 as they could on anything 2020.

Hell, most of the guys on here could go faster if they just cut out one micky d's meal a week and jogged for a couple hours per week instead of buying 1500 exhaust systems and shiny new gear every month.
This guy only thinks the 2008 Honda was so good because the magazines said so! How ironic!
8/21/2019 6:06am
+30 expert rider here. There's about a 90% chance I'll be on a Suzuki next year and I'm willing to bet that it won't make me...
Suzukis suck in stock form get over it. +30 Expert is a complete wash class that no one cares about so you're opinion is invalid as well.

On the pro level no one is buying Suzukis pal. Don't need you to tell me differently. I see it with my own eyes every single weekend clown.
Mr. Afterbar
8/21/2019 6:15am
Suzukis suck in stock form get over it. +30 Expert is a complete wash class that no one cares about so you're opinion is invalid as...
Suzukis suck in stock form get over it. +30 Expert is a complete wash class that no one cares about so you're opinion is invalid as well.

On the pro level no one is buying Suzukis pal. Don't need you to tell me differently. I see it with my own eyes every single weekend clown.
Laughing I'm willing to bet my opinion is more valid than yours if that's how we are ranking things. I know nobody cares about +30, but I thought only C riders race Suzuki? I raced two Arenacross winners in that meaningless class this past weekend by the way. One a 3x champion and another that smoked Open A with those coveted pro's you speak of on the line. Nobody gives a shit what the pro's are buying just like nobody gives a shit about your opinion, clown, because 75% of pro's don't pay for their bikes. If you think a Suzuki will hold any amateur racer back, youre a damn fool, which you've already proven time and time again anyhow.
8/21/2019 6:28am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 8:07am
Paul333 wrote:
LOL, I think it’s hilarious any pro MXA post gets attacked or mocked. Like Jody has time or the interest in trolling these threads. Even posting...
LOL, I think it’s hilarious any pro MXA post gets attacked or mocked. Like Jody has time or the interest in trolling these threads.

Even posting such dumb crap is moronic. Especially when we have the Lindsey “Test Rider” clique spamming the forum daily promoting themselves.
ML512 wrote:
Promoting themselves? :laugh: Because members of the forum are interested in what I’m doing. The only test riders in my Shootout with an account is myself...
Promoting themselves? Laughing Because members of the forum are interested in what I’m doing. The only test riders in my Shootout with an account is myself and Jeff Walker. And so far all I’ve done is respond to users.
Paul333 wrote:
LOL, congratulations you must be the first guy in the history of the internet to invent forum troll marketing. Sorry but no So you aren’t running...
LOL, congratulations you must be the first guy in the history of the internet to invent forum troll marketing.

Sorry but no

So you aren’t running multiple burner/ghost accounts yourself, your associates aren’t running multiple accounts, or at the very least coordinating your posts to maximize the self promotion? We are supposed to believe it’s all merely a coincidence we mysteriously have 4-5 “Spontaneous” pro Lindsay the “Test Rider” threads pop up....?

A coincidence that occurs exactly when you announce your next “Shootout” that desperately needs marketing, it’s obvious your original exit from the forum to become a Keefer Clone failed, and you get thin skinned / paranoid being called out for it....?

Trust me, it’s all been done a million times on forums dedicated to every topic you can think of from Fishing to Astrophysics. Rarely is it successful. I personally wouldn’t care but I despise the arrogance of it and the attacking of other organizations (Which Never Works)...

Have a nice day.
Dude, you're just weird. Flipped out and paranoid too.

Signed,
ML's Harry burner account Laughing
8/21/2019 6:32am
Suzukis suck in stock form get over it. +30 Expert is a complete wash class that no one cares about so you're opinion is invalid as...

:laugh: I'm willing to bet my opinion is more valid than yours if that's how we are ranking things. I know nobody cares about +30, but...
Laughing I'm willing to bet my opinion is more valid than yours if that's how we are ranking things. I know nobody cares about +30, but I thought only C riders race Suzuki? I raced two Arenacross winners in that meaningless class this past weekend by the way. One a 3x champion and another that smoked Open A with those coveted pro's you speak of on the line. Nobody gives a shit what the pro's are buying just like nobody gives a shit about your opinion, clown, because 75% of pro's don't pay for their bikes. If you think a Suzuki will hold any amateur racer back, youre a damn fool, which you've already proven time and time again anyhow.
I liked him a lot better when he was doing the one word response thing. He sure is long-winded these days.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
8/21/2019 8:12am
thephoenix wrote:

Hahah so true. People spend so much money on suspension and crap it’s funny. My buddy made a pro national and got 28th overall on a bone stock crf450r. Stock suspension with clickers to the max. Stock pipes stock chain sprocket. Right off the dealers floor but we have c class guys buying 5k suspension and running vp LaughingLaughing
mxb2
8/21/2019 8:27am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 8:28am
thephoenix wrote:

Hahah so true. People spend so much money on suspension and crap it’s funny. My buddy made a pro national and got 28th overall on a...
Hahah so true. People spend so much money on suspension and crap it’s funny. My buddy made a pro national and got 28th overall on a bone stock crf450r. Stock suspension with clickers to the max. Stock pipes stock chain sprocket. Right off the dealers floor but we have c class guys buying 5k suspension and running vp LaughingLaughing
Who? Track , What year. But i bet he would love to have a A kit ,parts, race fuel. Who cares how people spend their own money?
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
8/21/2019 8:52am
kb228 wrote:
MXA is off because theyre biased toward KTM. MXA is the CNN of moto media. Anyways, takes good riders to test bikes. Do we really want...
MXA is off because theyre biased toward KTM.

MXA is the CNN of moto media.

Anyways, takes good riders to test bikes. Do we really want C level riders out there who cant feel a difference in fork height? If 10 different A/B class guys give the same feedback that should be pretty good.
I think mxa is a garbage pile. But to say they are CNN of moto media, indicates that maybe their is an even far worse Fox News of moto media.

I guess maybe the Vital message board is that hellhole.

CNN - MXA
FOXNEWS - Vitalmx message board
CNBC?
ABC?
PBS?
Rogan - PulpMX
Ben Shapiro (or any other right wing ‘independent’ personality funded by the Koch brothers)
NRA media
sandtrack315
8/21/2019 9:29am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 9:36am
thephoenix wrote:

Hahah so true. People spend so much money on suspension and crap it’s funny. My buddy made a pro national and got 28th overall on a...
mxb2 wrote:
Who? Track , What year. But i bet he would love to have a A kit ,parts, race fuel. Who cares how people spend their own...
Who? Track , What year. But i bet he would love to have a A kit ,parts, race fuel. Who cares how people spend their own money?
Yes, god forbid people spend money on motocross! Y'all complain that the sport is dying, then complain that people spend money on it. Everyone should get a 35k truck instead of a 50k truck and put that money into Moto.

Also, I love McDonald's, I eat it a few times a month, and I am 11 percent body fat / 160 pounds at 6 foot.

Finally, if you have ridden a bike with A kit suspension, you know it's awesome to have. Again, I will never knock someone for spending money on dirt bikes. It is what keeps the sport alive.
mxb2
8/21/2019 9:47am
mxb2 wrote:
Who? Track , What year. But i bet he would love to have a A kit ,parts, race fuel. Who cares how people spend their own...
Yes, god forbid people spend money on motocross! Y'all complain that the sport is dying, then complain that people spend money on it. Everyone should get...
Yes, god forbid people spend money on motocross! Y'all complain that the sport is dying, then complain that people spend money on it. Everyone should get a 35k truck instead of a 50k truck and put that money into Moto.

Also, I love McDonald's, I eat it a few times a month, and I am 11 percent body fat / 160 pounds at 6 foot.

Finally, if you have ridden a bike with A kit suspension, you know it's awesome to have. Again, I will never knock someone for spending money on dirt bikes. It is what keeps the sport alive.
Boom. Usually the haters are broke or jealous.
Mr. Afterbar
8/21/2019 9:53am
Settle down guys. They are having a laugh over people thinking they need to spend a bunch of money on their bike to do better. Most upgrades are for comfort or looks and don't equate to lap times. They aren't complaining nor directing anything at either of you. You are all correct. People spend money on shit they don't need or will not help in any way, but people can spend their money however they choose.
SEMAC
8/21/2019 1:35pm

:laugh: I'm willing to bet my opinion is more valid than yours if that's how we are ranking things. I know nobody cares about +30, but...
That one response guy is a clown, bet doesnt even has a Bike, or has what his low income can afford
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/21/2019 1:44pm
TogaSet wrote:
ML 512 paid for his own 2020 bikes. 6 bikes at maybe 8 grand apiece is 48K. Let’s just call it 50K. How many of you...
ML 512 paid for his own 2020 bikes. 6 bikes at maybe 8 grand apiece is 48K. Let’s just call it 50K. How many of you have $50,000 grand laying around in the bank. Bet Yamaha has 50K.
I wish, I just asked Yamaha if I could get a few pieces of plastic for the bike...answer was maybe. Laughing
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/21/2019 1:48pm
Moto520 wrote:
get a tall guy in the shootouts as well.
Derick Caskey and Jeff Walker are both 6’1
Moto520
8/21/2019 2:02pm
Moto520 wrote:
get a tall guy in the shootouts as well.
ML512 wrote:
Derick Caskey and Jeff Walker are both 6’1
Well....that will do! Great work on the shootout....can't say it enough. Now i just need the 250F shootout and i'm ready to go.
Paul333
8/21/2019 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 2:47pm
Your little clique doesn’t know when to shut up does it? Just let something die.

I have no beef with Vital or GuyB. Not one word has been said about either. Both are victims in my opinion.

Lindsay’s comments on the impossibility of Vital spamming/Burner Accounts/Troll Accounts/Whatever is absolutely moronic. He is either clueless or playing stupid hoping members will fall for it. I’ve been involved in several forums on various topics for almost fifteen years. What I’ve called him out for happens everyday, on every forum to various degrees.

It’s not a coincidence Lindsay releases his three day “Test” video to YouTube / Vital announcement thread then we get 3-5 separate threads promoting it. It’s not spontaneous nor is it innocent, it’s spamming.

It’s also not a coincidence MXA long known as an industry testing leader gets attacked constantly by basically the same group as the Vital “Test Rider” clique. Not rocket science why, MXA has what they crave. Industry credibility & backing.

You don’t buy all the bikes yourself because you want to, you do it because the Industry PR guys don’t take you seriously. Hint; That only drives the forum hate even more.

I can go on.
hvaughn88
8/21/2019 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 5:15pm
Someone needs to crack open an ice cold Red Bull
8/21/2019 5:05pm
Paul333 said, "I can go on."

Harry says, "Please don't."

Sincerely,
ML's Harry burner account
8/21/2019 5:10pm
Hey ML! Don't you find it funny how this thread keeps getting bumped by some nut that's jealous you took a chance on yourself and started your own business? The American dream and some have to try and cut you down for gambling on yourself and your ideas.

Post a reply to: Shootout’s are a laugh........

The Latest