Shooting photos at Milestone

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2018 10:42 AM

So I moved to SoCal recently and I’ve so far only gone to Glen Helen and Pala. But I heard Wednesday at Milestone is a good day to go see the pros practicing, and I wanted to go shoot some photos but I think I remember seeing something about milestone banning photographers from the track. Do I have this right, or would I be able to go shoot out there?

|

8/21/2018 11:15 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

So I moved to SoCal recently and I’ve so far only gone to Glen Helen and Pala. But I heard Wednesday at Milestone is a good day to go see the pros practicing, and I wanted to go shoot some photos but I think I remember seeing something about milestone banning photographers from the track. Do I have this right, or would I be able to go shoot out there?

I see people with green vests out on the track other then the flaggers. Sometimes looks like they might be parents. Id just call and ask what the policy is.

|

8/21/2018 11:16 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

Welcome to So Cal man. Where are you living? Let's go ride soon.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/21/2018 11:27 AM

All the photogs I saw on Saturday were on the side of the track behind the fence and didn't see any spectators out on the infield either.

|

8/21/2018 11:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2018 8:05 PM

SrfNdirt wrote:

All the photogs I saw on Saturday were on the side of the track behind the fence and didn't see any spectators out on the infield either.

This is correct and they have a big sign you ride by going onto the track. This is the sign.

Photo

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/21/2018 1:47 PM

SrfNdirt wrote:

Myke wrote:

This is correct and they have a big sign you ride by going onto the track. This is the sign.

Photo

Well that sucks, I didn’t know this was happening at Perris also.. bummer for someone like me who doesn’t ride anymore but get my thrills through photographing/filming the sport.

|

8/22/2018 7:44 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

We're able to shoot on the track still but Milestone has to be listed under your business insurance to be allowed to have a vest. I will say, since they went to this system, I haven't had a near death experience with a "trainer" running out in front of me or standing in a corner...

|

8/22/2018 8:57 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

We're able to shoot on the track still but Milestone has to be listed under your business insurance to be allowed to have a vest. I will say, since they went to this system, I haven't had a near death experience with a "trainer" running out in front of me or standing in a corner...

Last time I rode there I about used a mini-kids dad as a berm as we was standing in the middle of the track looking the wrong way upon exiting a corner. Luckily, after the next turn I had a feeling the kid was gonna dart off the track and go back to pops. Which he did, cutting completely across from right to left in front of me as I checked up and waited for it to happen. Definitely glad I was paying attention....

|

8/22/2018 10:48 AM

^^Yea it was pretty nuts out there with all the people on the track before they put those signs up. I do miss some of the hot girls standing out there tho.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/22/2018 1:36 PM

ML512 wrote:

Thanks for the response, ML. I was hoping you would post in here. I called the track up this morning to check, and you do indeed have to have a photography license to shoot, which I don't haha. Are there any other tracks you recommend to shoot at and when the pro practice days are?

|

8/22/2018 1:39 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Premixed112 wrote:

Thanks for the response, ML. I was hoping you would post in here. I called the track up this morning to check, and you do indeed have to have a photography license to shoot, which I don't haha. Are there any other tracks you recommend to shoot at and when the pro practice days are?

Glen Helen Thursday's. Sometimes Comp Edge on Tuesdays. I don't know how many of the guys ride Perris anymore, they use to be there every Wednesday before Milestone

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/22/2018 3:04 PM

You can shoot photos from behind the fence. But to be on the track shooting, you need liability insurance, check in at the front office and wear a vest while on the track.

|

8/22/2018 3:09 PM

Yeah I got yelled at for standing at the starting gates a couple weeks ago haha. OOPS

|

8/22/2018 6:44 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

You can shoot photos from behind the fence. But to be on the track shooting, you need liability insurance, check in at the front office and wear a vest while on the track.

Are there worthwhile angles from the fence? I have a 70-200mm, so distance isn't a huge concern for me

|

8/22/2018 8:25 PM

There’s plenty of jumps right along the fence line that you’d need a wide angle for.

|