Shooting photos at Milestone

Premixed112
Edited Date/Time 8/22/2018 8:25pm
So I moved to SoCal recently and I’ve so far only gone to Glen Helen and Pala. But I heard Wednesday at Milestone is a good day to go see the pros practicing, and I wanted to go shoot some photos but I think I remember seeing something about milestone banning photographers from the track. Do I have this right, or would I be able to go shoot out there?
|
dirtmike86
8/21/2018 11:15am
So I moved to SoCal recently and I’ve so far only gone to Glen Helen and Pala. But I heard Wednesday at Milestone is a good...
So I moved to SoCal recently and I’ve so far only gone to Glen Helen and Pala. But I heard Wednesday at Milestone is a good day to go see the pros practicing, and I wanted to go shoot some photos but I think I remember seeing something about milestone banning photographers from the track. Do I have this right, or would I be able to go shoot out there?
I see people with green vests out on the track other then the flaggers. Sometimes looks like they might be parents. Id just call and ask what the policy is.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/21/2018 11:16am
So I moved to SoCal recently and I’ve so far only gone to Glen Helen and Pala. But I heard Wednesday at Milestone is a good...
Welcome to So Cal man. Where are you living? Let's go ride soon.
SrfNdirt
8/21/2018 11:27am
All the photogs I saw on Saturday were on the side of the track behind the fence and didn't see any spectators out on the infield either.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
8/21/2018 11:32am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 8:05pm
SrfNdirt wrote:
All the photogs I saw on Saturday were on the side of the track behind the fence and didn't see any spectators out on the infield...
All the photogs I saw on Saturday were on the side of the track behind the fence and didn't see any spectators out on the infield either.
This is correct and they have a big sign you ride by going onto the track. This is the sign.

The Shop

Premixed112
8/21/2018 1:47pm
SrfNdirt wrote:
All the photogs I saw on Saturday were on the side of the track behind the fence and didn't see any spectators out on the infield...
Myke wrote:
This is correct and they have a big sign you ride by going onto the track. This is the sign. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281926/s1200_zzzzz.jpg[/img]
This is correct and they have a big sign you ride by going onto the track. This is the sign.

Well that sucks, I didn’t know this was happening at Perris also.. bummer for someone like me who doesn’t ride anymore but get my thrills through photographing/filming the sport.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/22/2018 7:44am
We're able to shoot on the track still but Milestone has to be listed under your business insurance to be allowed to have a vest. I will say, since they went to this system, I haven't had a near death experience with a "trainer" running out in front of me or standing in a corner...
wacker
8/22/2018 8:57am
ML512 wrote:
We're able to shoot on the track still but Milestone has to be listed under your business insurance to be allowed to have a vest. I...
We're able to shoot on the track still but Milestone has to be listed under your business insurance to be allowed to have a vest. I will say, since they went to this system, I haven't had a near death experience with a "trainer" running out in front of me or standing in a corner...
Last time I rode there I about used a mini-kids dad as a berm as we was standing in the middle of the track looking the wrong way upon exiting a corner. Luckily, after the next turn I had a feeling the kid was gonna dart off the track and go back to pops. Which he did, cutting completely across from right to left in front of me as I checked up and waited for it to happen. Definitely glad I was paying attention....
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
8/22/2018 10:48am
^^Yea it was pretty nuts out there with all the people on the track before they put those signs up. I do miss some of the hot girls standing out there tho.
Premixed112
8/22/2018 1:36pm
ML512 wrote:
We're able to shoot on the track still but Milestone has to be listed under your business insurance to be allowed to have a vest. I...
Thanks for the response, ML. I was hoping you would post in here. I called the track up this morning to check, and you do indeed have to have a photography license to shoot, which I don't haha. Are there any other tracks you recommend to shoot at and when the pro practice days are?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/22/2018 1:39pm
ML512 wrote:
Thanks for the response, ML. I was hoping you would post in here. I called the track up this morning to check, and you do indeed...
Thanks for the response, ML. I was hoping you would post in here. I called the track up this morning to check, and you do indeed have to have a photography license to shoot, which I don't haha. Are there any other tracks you recommend to shoot at and when the pro practice days are?
Glen Helen Thursday's. Sometimes Comp Edge on Tuesdays. I don't know how many of the guys ride Perris anymore, they use to be there every Wednesday before Milestone
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/22/2018 3:04pm
You can shoot photos from behind the fence. But to be on the track shooting, you need liability insurance, check in at the front office and wear a vest while on the track.
psg119
8/22/2018 3:09pm
Yeah I got yelled at for standing at the starting gates a couple weeks ago haha. OOPS
Premixed112
8/22/2018 6:44pm
You can shoot photos from behind the fence. But to be on the track shooting, you need liability insurance, check in at the front office and...
You can shoot photos from behind the fence. But to be on the track shooting, you need liability insurance, check in at the front office and wear a vest while on the track.
Are there worthwhile angles from the fence? I have a 70-200mm, so distance isn't a huge concern for me
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/22/2018 8:25pm
There’s plenty of jumps right along the fence line that you’d need a wide angle for.

Post a reply to: Shooting photos at Milestone

The Latest