Shoei VFX-Evo/WR fit

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2021 1:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2021 2:13 AM

Anybody know if the interior of the Shoei helmets take shape after your head at all? Tried on a medium that fits good but I have one point on each side of my head where it pinches when I clench my teeth. Size large is way to big.

Trying to decide between the Evo, ATR-2 or just keep rolling with Airohssilly

|

3/20/2021 3:41 PM

Is it at the temples?

|

3/20/2021 3:47 PM

I just got a new Shoei, had the same helmet before. It definitely is more snug when new, but that is mostly because of the fresh pads. Does it feel like the liner if pressing, or do you feel it more on the shell? Shell won’t budge until you crash...

|

3/20/2021 9:07 PM

Sounds like you've got more of a round shaped head. I've had both the US market and Japan domestic market VFX and the Japan version definitely had a more round/Asian shape to it. They do sell optional thinner and thicker interior pads. You could either try a thinner pad in the medium or a thicker pad in a Large.

|

Powerband in every gear !

3/21/2021 3:51 PM

I would buy all the different sized padding sets and try to make yourself a sort of customized set.

Mine fits a little different depending on what haircut and how much my ego has swollen my head that day. Love my shoei though Photo

|

3/21/2021 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2021 7:45 PM

Mine was tight enough that it actually squeezes my face, and softens somewhat in the cheeks over time. It has a very firm fit.

|

3/22/2021 6:09 AM

TheGetFresh wrote:

Is it at the temples?

Yes!

|

3/22/2021 6:11 AM

sandtrack315 wrote:

I just got a new Shoei, had the same helmet before. It definitely is more snug when new, but that is mostly because of the ...more

Hm, I would say more the edge of the linear than shell. Helmet feels great but as soon as I clench my teeth I have a pinch, worried about it causing headaches in motos.

|

3/22/2021 6:17 AM

FGR01 wrote:

Sounds like you've got more of a round shaped head. I've had both the US market and Japan domestic market VFX and the Japan ...more

That's neat, didn't know they offered that. Feels like a thinner M interior would be good. Gonna check with my dealer if he can get them for me.

|

3/22/2021 7:41 AM

To derail the thread a bit, is Shoei going to come out with some new color-ways?

|

3/22/2021 1:21 PM

FGR01 wrote:

Sounds like you've got more of a round shaped head. I've had both the US market and Japan domestic market VFX and the Japan ...more

Lynch wrote:

That's neat, didn't know they offered that. Feels like a thinner M interior would be good. Gonna check with my dealer if he ...more

@lynch - you can buy accessories direct from Shoei. If your dealer carries the helmets I’m sure they can get the padding options as well https://www.store.shoei-helmets.com/parts-by-helmet-model/off-road-helmets/vfx-evo.html

|

3/22/2021 1:24 PM

newmason wrote:

To derail the thread a bit, is Shoei going to come out with some new color-ways?

Yes, rep showed me but no date yet.

|

3/22/2021 1:26 PM

Lynch wrote:

Hm, I would say more the edge of the linear than shell. Helmet feels great but as soon as I clench my teeth I have a pinch, ...more

Only one way to find out! Shoei has good resale if you end up not using it...

|

4/10/2021 7:51 AM

sandtrack315 wrote:

Only one way to find out! Shoei has good resale if you end up not using it...

Well I tried, headache after a while silly

|