Shipping dirtbike

werner822
Looking for a few good reputable shippers to ship a bike anybody have some contacts. Thank you !
|
newmann
11/6/2018 5:58pm
Crated? Echo Global. Call and ask for Pete Haitian. They've shipped 25 or so for me over the years.
pete24
11/6/2018 6:19pm
forward air
newmann
11/6/2018 7:20pm
pete24 wrote:
forward air
You do know they don’t ship by air?Cool

What would it cost to ship a dirt bike from Mass to the middle of Texas on Forward Air? Door to door? Or the middle of Texas to the far side of Florida?

I’ve shipped crated bikes those routes for $250.00- $275.00.

The Shop

werner822
11/7/2018 3:55am
pete24 wrote:
forward air
newmann wrote:
You do know they don’t ship by air?B) What would it cost to ship a dirt bike from Mass to the middle of Texas on Forward...
You do know they don’t ship by air?Cool

What would it cost to ship a dirt bike from Mass to the middle of Texas on Forward Air? Door to door? Or the middle of Texas to the far side of Florida?

I’ve shipped crated bikes those routes for $250.00- $275.00.
Thanks for the info I’ll call them to see what they can do going from New Mexico to Indiana
mikec265
11/7/2018 8:17am
R and L Carriers has shipped my last 2 pit bikes from CA to PA for $180 and $200. As the owner of a trucking company, I must say they have done the best job for the price. I did not arrange the shipping, the seller did. Not sure if they get a discount on shipping because of the volume.
magoo1982
11/9/2018 6:27pm
Don't know if they still do it , yrs back I used Allied van lines , from Point Hueneme SoCal to Cinti and it was between $250 - $300 .. Driver met in parking lot close to Home, rolled bike right off his truck into mine .
H4L
11/9/2018 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 9:44pm
I'm in the process of shipping a bike from NY to CA using Haul bikes. They use 18ft. enclosed trailers & so far have been calling or emailing with a status of the next step.
Got a couple of other quotes & decided to use them based on the good reviews.
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/haulbikes.com

I considered Uship, but wouldn't recommend them since they have a lot of negative feedback. You can also do your own search to find a lot of the bad reviews & complaints..

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profile/online-shipping-broker/uship-0…

https://uship.pissedconsumer.com/uship-is-a-joke-20100307173784.html
YZed250
12/17/2018 11:27am
Any tips for making sure the transaction goes smoothly?

I'm talking about private part to private party on a barely used bike with someone that I don't know. Mostly I'm worried about sending $6 to $7k across the country and then having the seller disappear or not meetup w the uship truck.
navalseabee
12/17/2018 4:08pm
I just shipped the 150 I sold through uship. Ended up taking the bid for $400 from Florida to New Mexico.
newmann
12/17/2018 4:55pm
YZed250 wrote:
Any tips for making sure the transaction goes smoothly? I'm talking about private part to private party on a barely used bike with someone that I...

I'm talking about private part to private party on a barely used bike with someone that I don't know. Mostly I'm worried about sending $6 to $7k across the country and then having the seller disappear or not meetup w the uship truck.
Where is the bike you are buying? Maybe there is a fellow Vitard ( not someone who joined yesterday) in the area who would offer to take care of the transaction for you and The shipper could pick it up from them. There have been quite a few nice folks who have done things for me here and ask nothing in return. Sometimes they only ask for you to pay it forward to the next guy which I always try to do. I’ve driven hundreds of miles to get bikes, built crates, exchanged monies and arranged shipping for quite a few bikes, parts and projects over the years for others. Eventually, good things come back to you... just sayin’.
dcg141
12/18/2018 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2018 8:17pm
YZed250 wrote:
Any tips for making sure the transaction goes smoothly? I'm talking about private part to private party on a barely used bike with someone that I...

newmann wrote:
Where is the bike you are buying? Maybe there is a fellow Vitard ( not someone who joined yesterday) in the area who would offer to...
Where is the bike you are buying? Maybe there is a fellow Vitard ( not someone who joined yesterday) in the area who would offer to take care of the transaction for you and The shipper could pick it up from them. There have been quite a few nice folks who have done things for me here and ask nothing in return. Sometimes they only ask for you to pay it forward to the next guy which I always try to do. I’ve driven hundreds of miles to get bikes, built crates, exchanged monies and arranged shipping for quite a few bikes, parts and projects over the years for others. Eventually, good things come back to you... just sayin’.
We have had sellers and buyers call us to handle transactions. They ship the bike to our dealership and when they confirm getting paid we release the bike to the buyer. I have also collected cash for sellers and mailed them checks. Also works with sellers bringing us a bike for shipment. Distant buyer contacts us and when we have the bike payment is sent. When both a parties are good we ship the unit, Might try a local dealership.

Post a reply to: Shipping dirtbike

The Latest