Shimoda!

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 1:25pm
This new group of 250 winners is awesome and makes me stoked for the future of SX & MX racing!

From Jett: “Damn You, Joe!” Grinning
|
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
4/24/2021 6:16pm
I don’t think you are going to find anybody not happy with Shimoda winning. He has really shown some speed this year and rode an awesome race. He is a very likable young man and I’m very happy for him. Great ride
Lightning78
4/24/2021 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2021 6:19pm
TeamGreen wrote:
This new group of 250 winners is awesome and makes me stoked for the future of SX & MX racing!

From Jett: “Damn You, Joe!” Grinning
I literally just posted a thread with the Dam you Joe title hahaha.

Seemed Like the new rookies coming into the 250 class have been so off for at least 5 years or more and this year we have a massive pool of talent so many 1st time winners it's amazing and has got to be some kind of record having this many 1st time winners in a year right?
Nairb#70
4/24/2021 6:20pm
He must be the first Japanese born racer to win an SX main event?

The Shop

kapaa10
4/24/2021 6:21pm
My buddy Thomas do had some great results tonight also. On a bone stock bike, besides suspension. Tough to do on a 250
JBecker 72
4/24/2021 6:22pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
I was wondering about this too. He’s probably the fastest Japanese rider I can remember.
88FYNN88
4/24/2021 6:22pm
kapaa10 wrote:
My buddy Thomas do had some great results tonight also. On a bone stock bike, besides suspension. Tough to do on a 250
I have been very impressed what Do has done this year.
TeamGreen
4/24/2021 6:24pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
Hai!
kapaa10
4/24/2021 6:26pm
kapaa10 wrote:
88FYNN88 wrote:
I have been very impressed what Do has done this year.
Really consistent, all top 8 finishes and if he didn't have that flat tire and dnf that one race he would be way up there in points.
colonel
4/25/2021 9:23am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 9:24am
For a guy on no salary and bonus structure only, GOOD for him on this W.
ShawdowGlen
4/25/2021 9:28am
Was pretty awesome to see him hold off Jett and take it. Loved watching the two of them after the finish line....
Xeno
4/25/2021 9:43am
Kind of a big deal if he’s the first Japanese SX winner.
TeamGreen
4/25/2021 9:44am
colonel wrote:
I don't know that this is true; but, I really don't care too much. He -IS- performing and he's even "winning". Going back to Watanabe on the Factory Suzuki...125 GP Bad Ass and '78 Champ...(if I recall correctly?)...to me, Shimoda is picking up that torch and continuing the 'Winning Run for Japan".

I'm stoked for the kid, his team, his country and his sport.

He's "classes up the place". Grinning
colonel
4/25/2021 9:47am
colonel wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I don't know that this is true; but, I really don't care too much. He -IS- performing and he's even "winning". Going back to Watanabe on...
I don't know that this is true; but, I really don't care too much. He -IS- performing and he's even "winning". Going back to Watanabe on the Factory Suzuki...125 GP Bad Ass and '78 Champ...(if I recall correctly?)...to me, Shimoda is picking up that torch and continuing the 'Winning Run for Japan".

Its true, but as you said its neither here or there, but I too am Completely stoked for the kid.
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
4/25/2021 9:53am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 9:54am
Fairly certain Jo is the first Japanese rider to win an AMA Pro Supercross race. There may have been a podium back in the early '90s in the 125 class but beyond that I don't think another Japanese rider has even podiumed in Supercross.

Akira Narita came close to a moto win at Mt. Morris back in 2001 in the mud but ended up 2nd.

I'm excited to see where Shimoda's career goes from here. He's so smooth on the bike, I believe his style should translate well to the 450s in a few years.
TeamGreen
4/25/2021 9:54am
colonel wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I don't know that this is true; but, I really don't care too much. He -IS- performing and he's even "winning". Going back to Watanabe on...

colonel wrote:
Its true, but as you said its neither here or there, but I too am Completely stoked for the kid.
We should argue about it and call each-other names. Then, later, we could go on to argue about a New Basque Independence and other non-sense that doesn't need to be argued about on a moto-forum...which seems to be "the new thing" these days...
Silly
But, I digress...

I'm a Portuguese American; and, you know us...we love to sit and have a glass and talk about all the crazy shit in life...or our dogs...or our village...or our famliy...or our latest catch out on the water...or nothing at all.

Grinning

colonel
4/25/2021 9:58am
TeamGreen wrote:

colonel wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
We should argue about it and call each-other names. Then, later, we could go on to argue about a New Basque Independence and other non-sense that...
We should argue about it and call each-other names. Then, later, we could go on to argue about a New Basque Independence and other non-sense that doesn't need to be argued about on a moto-forum...which seems to be "the new thing" these days...
Silly
But, I digress...

I'm a Portuguese American; and, you know us...we love to sit and have a glass and talk about all the crazy shit in life...or our dogs...or our village...or our famliy...or our latest catch out on the water...or nothing at all.

Grinning

I not Spanish or Catalan, I just live in Girona. Immigrated, settled and haven't looked back.

If they ever got independence Im not sure what they would do with it tbh.
TeamGreen
4/25/2021 10:03am
colonel wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
We should argue about it and call each-other names. Then, later, we could go on to argue about a New Basque Independence and other non-sense that...
Silly
But, I digress...

Grinning

colonel wrote:
I not Spanish or Catalan, I just live in Girona. Immigrated, settled and haven't looked back. If they ever got independence Im not sure what they...
I not Spanish or Catalan, I just live in Girona. Immigrated, settled and haven't looked back.

If they ever got independence Im not sure what they would do with it tbh.
Huh? Cool.

Still, as you know, the way they live over there (Iberian Peninsula)...their ability to "chill" and jus' hang out...

Well, I'm sorta jealous.

When the Zombie Apocolypse FINALLY Chills The F Out...I'm gonna need to take Euro-delivery of a bike and ride The Old Continent for a summer.
Pop Shmoke
4/25/2021 10:07am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 10:08am
The consistency he has shown as a rookie is ridiculous. Now that hes shown he can win he has to be one of the most impressive rookies in the class. Hes riding like a new Dungey. Hell even Dungey didnt look like trademark Dungey in the 250 class. Top it off with how smooth he rode while riders were trying to challenge him for the lead all over the place and he never cracked and came through with the win. This guy is a future champion for sure. Championships are won on your bad days and his bad day was a 5th place I believe. Incredible for a rookie, and incredible for a 250 rider in general.
tingo
4/25/2021 10:23am
So happy for Joe to get that win. Pretty awesome that family from Japan was there to see it.
Ted722
4/25/2021 10:57am
Shimoda zoomed to victory. He's got:

Up Wind
4/25/2021 11:02am
colonel wrote:
WOW! That sucks. The best guy at PC doesn't get a salary?
4/25/2021 11:08am
colonel wrote:
Up Wind wrote:
It is not like that would be typical of his market value. He was added in the 11th hour after his team folded.
BIGRIGGIN
4/25/2021 11:12am
Shimoda Dragon demonstrated the way of the peaceful warrior. Kind. Classy. Respectful.
Up Wind
4/25/2021 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 12:20pm
colonel wrote:
Up Wind wrote:
It is not like that would be typical of his market value. He was added in the 11th hour after his team folded.
Podium the last outdoor and ride for free! Pay attention moto dads! Everyone on that team got a job for at least 200k. Lawrence Bros, Craig, Martin in the 11th hour! Hopefully Joe gets a good job next year, if the no salary deal is true.
shifter125
Fantasy
2355th
4/25/2021 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 12:15pm
With shimoda's win does this light a fire under the Japanese manufacturers. Especially in the 450 class
Up Wind
4/25/2021 12:23pm
shifter125 wrote:
With shimoda's win does this light a fire under the Japanese manufacturers. Especially in the 450 class
They have the fire already. Thank goodness for them. Without them = No moto worth watching.
Ranman68
4/25/2021 12:38pm
Such a legit, straight up win AND in the very race where family from Japan were there. What a grrat day for that dude. I didnt think he had a chance in hell of keeping that lead the entire moto, but he executed and didnt make mistakes under pressure. That was hard earned and legit. His family had come all the way from Japan to watch him and got to see him pull off a legit, nail biting, hard fought win. What a cool ass fucking story.
4/25/2021 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 12:53pm
Up Wind wrote:
Up Wind wrote:
Podium the last outdoor and ride for free! Pay attention moto dads! Everyone on that team got a job for at least 200k. Lawrence Bros, Craig...
Podium the last outdoor and ride for free! Pay attention moto dads! Everyone on that team got a job for at least 200k. Lawrence Bros, Craig, Martin in the 11th hour! Hopefully Joe gets a good job next year, if the no salary deal is true.
Craig had insider knowledge and jumped ship before the team folded. Honda built a separate program specifically for the Lawrence bros. Martin is a multi-time champion coming off a season with not just the one podium, but the opposite: all were podiums except one, and with a relationship with his former championship team.
Up Wind
4/25/2021 12:51pm
Up Wind wrote:
Podium the last outdoor and ride for free! Pay attention moto dads! Everyone on that team got a job for at least 200k. Lawrence Bros, Craig...
Craig had insider knowledge and jumped ship before the team folded. Honda built a separate program specifically for the Lawrence bros. Martin is a multi-time champion...
Craig had insider knowledge and jumped ship before the team folded. Honda built a separate program specifically for the Lawrence bros. Martin is a multi-time champion coming off a season with not just the one podium, but the opposite: all were podiums except one, and with a relationship with his former championship team.
Got it. So a team that needs 4 riders and gets millions to field 4 riders always has one that rides for free. Ohhhh Its a profit deal Smile No way he's not getting a salary!

Post a reply to: Shimoda!

The Latest