Shift White Label

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 2:04 PM

Has anyone rode in the 2018 Shift White Label gear?

The price seems great and the style is amazing, but in my experience with other brands at that price point, I have ended with torn knees within two rides.

They clearly know pants tear at the knee by doing leather on the exhaust side, so why not both?

|

3/26/2018 2:24 PM

I tried 2 sets (bought at the same time) and I think they suck, especially if you wear braces. The knees were shot 8-10 hours, like shredded. I wouldn’t buy them again

|

3/26/2018 4:06 PM

I agree, complete garbage compared to what Shift used to be.

|

It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

3/29/2018 11:46 PM

knees tear almost instantly.

|

3/30/2018 12:58 AM

Well, knee braces will pretty much ruin any pant

|

3/30/2018 1:17 AM

This would have been good to know last week. I will give my feedback tomorrow.

|

3/30/2018 1:20 AM

My opinion is irrelevant since I've ridden twice in 2 years, but I have a set of the Shift White Label and it's really comfortable and I haven't noticed any tearing of the pants (but again, I've only ridden twice). The pants are oddly tight, though. It's not a bad thing, it's just kind of tough to get the pants on with knee braces.

|

3/30/2018 1:58 AM

Get yourself some Alpinestars leather care (or a no namer, it's probably the same anyway) and when your pants are dry from washing, use it on the leather part. It will keep the leather from becoming hard and that's what destroyed them in my experience. By using some of the leather care I can almost go a full season on my pants.

|

3/30/2018 3:11 AM

Anyone ever seen a set of this gear?? Its One Industries Defcon Gear and the Style is called Punk'd .... This is the gear ive been running for about4 years now ....(a few hiatusus in between some years lol) and the leather is SUPER thick!!! Nice full grain leather and sticky to the bike. The gear has been bulletproof and occasionally pulls a compliment..... the pattern for style is most unique set of gear I've ever seen it's cool definitely eclipses the cat gear LOL

Photo

|

3/30/2018 3:12 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

My opinion is irrelevant since I've ridden twice in 2 years, but I have a set of the Shift White Label and it's really comfortable and I haven't noticed any tearing of the pants (but again, I've only ridden twice). The pants are oddly tight, though. It's not a bad thing, it's just kind of tough to get the pants on with knee braces.

At first I was somewhat interested in this gear but after hearing it's that tight that it's hard to get off I'm six foot three and I have some long-ass legs and I have trouble getting off gear that slightly loose little own tiger I'd be cussing and falling over every single time no thanks LOL

|

3/30/2018 3:20 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Anyone ever seen a set of this gear?? Its One Industries Defcon Gear and the Style is called Punk'd .... This is the gear ive been running for about4 years now ....(a few hiatusus in between some years lol) and the leather is SUPER thick!!! Nice full grain leather and sticky to the bike. The gear has been bulletproof and occasionally pulls a compliment..... the pattern for style is most unique set of gear I've ever seen it's cool definitely eclipses the cat gear LOL

Photo

I can say the same about old No fear gear. Leather is like 4 times thicker, than my shift gear. Holds up great even though those pants are HEAVY! Shame it's not available anymore. New gear seems like pyjamas in comparison

|

3/30/2018 5:34 AM

Ended up getting a few sets of the Oneal mayhem lite stuff. Pretty sure it’s the same deal with only one knee being leather, but good ole hookit coming through and making it worth it.

|

3/30/2018 7:54 AM

So let me get this straight gear companies are charging as much if not more than ever before and have now gone to providing us with just one side of the inside of a knee that is leather? That's ridiculous anybody have any positive experience with Alias that's the route I'm going to go next time just because you can buy it direct from them for about 40% less than what normal gear cost

|

3/30/2018 9:49 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

So let me get this straight gear companies are charging as much if not more than ever before and have now gone to providing us with just one side of the inside of a knee that is leather? That's ridiculous anybody have any positive experience with Alias that's the route I'm going to go next time just because you can buy it direct from them for about 40% less than what normal gear cost

Alias is a good brand for gear. The shift white is an entry level gear, which still doesn't justify being made from recycled toilet paper. Fly entry level gear is cheap and beats shift's durability.

|

3/30/2018 10:07 AM

wideopen198 wrote:

Well, knee braces will pretty much ruin any pant

I've been running Troy Lee SE pants and they have been holding up great even with knee braces. The only downside is that they are heavy duty as in thick and hot for summer riding.

|

4/2/2018 7:27 AM

I have a set of the white label. No problems, but I do not wear knee braces either. He material is so light and breathable. Anytime something is made to be so light and breathable your going to lose some sort of reliability.

|

4/2/2018 9:40 AM

Have three sets. I like it

|

4/2/2018 10:10 AM

What's the percentage of riders who buy gear who wear knee braces/guards? I'm going to say fairly high. So entry level gear is exempt from adding protection for knee guards? Many people are not willing to buy highest price point gear where you do get decent leather knee coverage.
I don't think a sometime $100+ jump in price is justified by decent leather protection.
Gear companies taking us for a ride there, me thinks.

|

4/2/2018 10:34 AM

I run the TLD GP pants, the all black...they have Leather in both knees. Pretty high quality stuff for the price point. Mine are from 2016.

|