Shift Risen 2017 - Opinions?

Turbojez
Edited Date/Time 10/24/2017 2:51pm
Hey Guys, I'm on the fence about buying a Shift 2017 Risen gear combo, the one that Roczen wore for A1 and A2 this year.
Anyone used it? How durable is it? It looks awesome to me, but I'd like to avoid buying 170$ pyjamas that will fall apart after 2 practice sessions and it doesn't look extra strong...
|
mark_sxf
10/24/2017 9:46am
Pants and Jersey stayed in good shape during the season, however the gloves are total garbage this is what they look like after a few rides

10/24/2017 10:49am
mark_sxf wrote:
Pants and Jersey stayed in good shape during the season, however the gloves are total garbage this is what they look like after a few rides...
Pants and Jersey stayed in good shape during the season, however the gloves are total garbage this is what they look like after a few rides

Lol, what did you do to it? Did you have a few crashes? This doesn't happen when you just wear your gear.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
10/24/2017 11:25am
mark_sxf wrote:
Pants and Jersey stayed in good shape during the season, however the gloves are total garbage this is what they look like after a few rides...

Lol, what did you do to it? Did you have a few crashes? This doesn't happen when you just wear your gear.
I’ve had 2 sets of Fox gloves do the same thing after 2 months of riding. I still wear that brand though because I like them while they hold together, and I cant find another glove that minimalistic and fit my hands as perfectly.
Lunch_Box
10/24/2017 11:25am
I have 2 sets of the Shift Blue label gear, both have lasted all season long with no issues. I have 5 gear sets that I filter through so they didn't get tons of use but would buy another set. Just follow the washing instructions, that's where a lot of damage can occur and cause premature wear.

The Shop

Moto520
10/24/2017 12:15pm
Super comfortable and light while they hold together. I save the gloves and the gear for just the races. So far...no problems. The pants fit amazing...the jersey has that tight fit.
10/24/2017 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2017 12:30pm
mark_sxf wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:
I’ve had 2 sets of Fox gloves do the same thing after 2 months of riding. I still wear that brand though because I like them...
I’ve had 2 sets of Fox gloves do the same thing after 2 months of riding. I still wear that brand though because I like them while they hold together, and I cant find another glove that minimalistic and fit my hands as perfectly.
Which Fox glove line are we talking about? Because there are a lot of different ones.
Because I have these:

and these:

and they're both holding up great. (yes, i know they're not risen gloves)
mark_sxf
10/24/2017 1:03pm
mark_sxf wrote:

No crashes luckely!
The stitches where the different materials meet, are letting loose, there are like 6 holes in the gloves with I think 5/6 ride days with them. So no risen gloves for me again.
Turbojez
10/24/2017 2:39pm
mark_sxf wrote:
No crashes luckely! The stitches where the different materials meet, are letting loose, there are like 6 holes in the gloves with I think 5/6 ride...
No crashes luckely!
The stitches where the different materials meet, are letting loose, there are like 6 holes in the gloves with I think 5/6 ride days with them. So no risen gloves for me again.
Thanks for the input! Gloves are not that big of a deal, I think I'll give this gear a try then Smile
In regards to gloves, I love my Airlines too.
crf250pilot
10/24/2017 2:51pm
Yellow gloves dude- you're holding on way too tight, must be riding a 450. Try switching to a 2-stroke, the money you'll save on your 1st top end will buy you a real set of Fox gloves instead of that shift junk.

Post a reply to: Shift Risen 2017 - Opinions?

The Latest