Sherco

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2018 9:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 9:18 PM

I just found out about these, are they any good? Kind of look like husabergs or older huskys. Idk why Ive never heard about thesebut they look pretty cool. Are they shitters or decent bikes? The website says unrivaled reputation... any truth to this?

|

9/4/2018 9:19 PM

They make very good off-road bikes. They switched to KYB suspension from WP which imo is a huge plus.

|

9/4/2018 9:35 PM

Not sure if you've seen the following

https://m.vitalmx.com/features/FIRST-LOOK-2019-Sherco-Cross-Country-Bikes,6124

The 2 strokes look bad ass. Sadly they don't make any MX specific bikes but they should.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/4/2018 9:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 10:23 PM

Hmmmm KYB suspension, FMF exhaust for 2 stroke, Akrapovic for 4 strokes, Excel rims, Galfer rotors, Dunlops, gripper seat cover, Neken triple clamps, elec start. Pretty badass to be honest. This 450 cant be too far off from being able to be turned into a race bike with some tweaks. Smaller gas tank, different gearing, different mapping and test from there Im sure they could get it going pretty well.

The name sounds kinda weird almost like a Chinese scooter company lol, but they seem to have a great product. They look good though n come with some good stuff. Why are the French/Euros able to make a new dirt bike company but America cant besides Cobra? Cobra just came out with a 65cc too with electronic power valve so their 2 strokes are on point, but I dont see them making big bikes although with the attention to detail they have with the little bikes Im sure if they did theyd be like an oem works bike. For the stock class theyre head and heels better because they come stock loaded to the gills with aftermarket parts. They come with a full pro circuit exhaust stock lol so you get to run that in the stock class.

Somebody mentioned in another thread the future of dirt bikes should be allowing customers to choose what they want the bike to come with like a car. Who would better to do this than cobra? Hopefully they move up to 85cc bikes and keep going. Id love to see some American bikes competing in the Pros. People were complaining that its hard to get them over seas and theres major demand for them so they have huge growth potential, I hope they tap into this and then have the capital to keep expanding. Going from a 65cc to an 85cc cant be that hard and it keeps riders on your brand longer before theyre forced to move unfortunately...

Anyways heres the Shercoo 450 enduro bike. Looks really good and Im excited for the future. They say theyre trying to get into mx too which is great, the more the merrier! Especially with something badass like this.


Wed have another steel framed bike to choose from also! Plus tons of mods stock like the akropovic exhaust, excel rims, kyb suspension, elec start. Plus the blue and white plastics/graphics with green accents looks great.
Photo

|

9/4/2018 9:49 PM

Looks awesome!!!

|

9/4/2018 10:09 PM

I come from a motocross background and race kawi's the past few years.

me and a mate decided to go for a test day for the sherco range just to see what the rave was about and a bit of fun.

Not gonna lie, and i didn't see it coming... the 250 2stroke was one of the best bikes ive ever ridden. was so fun!
Handled like a dream around the MX style part of the track and though the bush it was like a push bike.

i wouldn't waste the money on the 6 day style. I preferred the basic package the most. just seemed better suited and worked well as it does.


I was blown away, Ive just ordered one for xmas this year! the KX250f is up for sale and im so excited to get my hands on the new girl!
Ill be a Head Light warrior at the Mx track on weekends!



If you get a chance, Ride one!

|

9/4/2018 10:34 PM

450
Photo

Photo

250f
Photo

Photo

125
Photo

Photo

Photo

300
Photo

Photo

250
Photo

|

9/5/2018 3:24 AM

deanwhite51 wrote:

I come from a motocross background and race kawi's the past few years.

me and a mate decided to go for a test day for the sherco range just to see what the rave was about and a bit of fun.

Not gonna lie, and i didn't see it coming... the 250 2stroke was one of the best bikes ive ever ridden. was so fun!
Handled like a dream around the MX style part of the track and though the bush it was like a push bike.

i wouldn't waste the money on the 6 day style. I preferred the basic package the most. just seemed better suited and worked well as it does.


I was blown away, Ive just ordered one for xmas this year! the KX250f is up for sale and im so excited to get my hands on the new girl!
Ill be a Head Light warrior at the Mx track on weekends!



If you get a chance, Ride one!

Tbh the thoughts of tooting my horn at everyone and anyone whilst racing gives me a Semi!

|

9/5/2018 4:34 AM

I believe they now do a 500cc four stroke also.

|

9/5/2018 4:35 AM

drt410 wrote:

I just found out about these, are they any good? Kind of look like husabergs or older huskys. Idk why Ive never heard about thesebut they look pretty cool. Are they shitters or decent bikes? The website says unrivaled reputation... any truth to this?

Sherco has been a staple in the trials world for a very long time, their recent (2017+) enduro range has been substantially improved and is quickly gaining steam in the US. I have yet to ride one with the KYB suspension but even with the WP stuff they were very good bikes.

|

9/5/2018 4:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2018 4:49 AM

Wade Young won Red Bull Romaniacs on a Sherco SE 300 Factory Edition. And the bikes that Wade and Mario Roman used at TKO were pretty much stock. I was offered a chance to buy Wade's TKO bike but I honestly am considering a brand new 300 SE Factory Edition. Need to move a bike first, though.

So, yeah, they are elite bikes with great build quality.

|

9/5/2018 5:01 AM

Never rode one of their enduro bikes but their trials bikes are top notch

|

I'm the dude, man.

9/5/2018 5:30 AM

The 300 4 stroke is by far their best offering, easy, fun, with a very lively and racy engine, amazing cornering and top notch overall handling, while the 450 is a little heavy and underpowered compared to other brands.
Australian Matthew Phillips is quite a heavy baby, and that didn't stop him from winning the world title on the 300 SEF-R.
They've had quite a few reliability problems with some bikes, but they're getting better every year.

|

9/5/2018 5:42 AM

drt410 wrote:

Hmmmm KYB suspension, FMF exhaust for 2 stroke, Akrapovic for 4 strokes, Excel rims, Galfer rotors, Dunlops, gripper seat cover, Neken triple clamps, elec start. Pretty badass to be honest. This 450 cant be too far off from being able to be turned into a race bike with some tweaks. Smaller gas tank, different gearing, different mapping and test from there Im sure they could get it going pretty well.

The name sounds kinda weird almost like a Chinese scooter company lol, but they seem to have a great product. They look good though n come with some good stuff. Why are the French/Euros able to make a new dirt bike company but America cant besides Cobra? Cobra just came out with a 65cc too with electronic power valve so their 2 strokes are on point, but I dont see them making big bikes although with the attention to detail they have with the little bikes Im sure if they did theyd be like an oem works bike. For the stock class theyre head and heels better because they come stock loaded to the gills with aftermarket parts. They come with a full pro circuit exhaust stock lol so you get to run that in the stock class.

Somebody mentioned in another thread the future of dirt bikes should be allowing customers to choose what they want the bike to come with like a car. Who would better to do this than cobra? Hopefully they move up to 85cc bikes and keep going. Id love to see some American bikes competing in the Pros. People were complaining that its hard to get them over seas and theres major demand for them so they have huge growth potential, I hope they tap into this and then have the capital to keep expanding. Going from a 65cc to an 85cc cant be that hard and it keeps riders on your brand longer before theyre forced to move unfortunately...

Anyways heres the Shercoo 450 enduro bike. Looks really good and Im excited for the future. They say theyre trying to get into mx too which is great, the more the merrier! Especially with something badass like this.


Wed have another steel framed bike to choose from also! Plus tons of mods stock like the akropovic exhaust, excel rims, kyb suspension, elec start. Plus the blue and white plastics/graphics with green accents looks great.
Photo

Where do people get the Cobra pipe is made by PC? Cobra specifically said at lorrettas, either during dinner or the orientation that they make their own pipes.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

9/5/2018 6:03 AM

They are great bikes but unfortunately the resale value isn't good.

I sold a 2014 KTM 300XC a few months back for $5000. You would be lucky to sell a sherco at all let alone one for that price that's a few years old. If reselling your bike isn't a big deal, I would say go for it and buy a sherco.

|

9/5/2018 6:16 AM

drt410 wrote:

Hmmmm KYB suspension, FMF exhaust for 2 stroke, Akrapovic for 4 strokes, Excel rims, Galfer rotors, Dunlops, gripper seat cover, Neken triple clamps, elec start. Pretty badass to be honest. This 450 cant be too far off from being able to be turned into a race bike with some tweaks. Smaller gas tank, different gearing, different mapping and test from there Im sure they could get it going pretty well.

The name sounds kinda weird almost like a Chinese scooter company lol, but they seem to have a great product. They look good though n come with some good stuff. Why are the French/Euros able to make a new dirt bike company but America cant besides Cobra? Cobra just came out with a 65cc too with electronic power valve so their 2 strokes are on point, but I dont see them making big bikes although with the attention to detail they have with the little bikes Im sure if they did theyd be like an oem works bike. For the stock class theyre head and heels better because they come stock loaded to the gills with aftermarket parts. They come with a full pro circuit exhaust stock lol so you get to run that in the stock class.

Somebody mentioned in another thread the future of dirt bikes should be allowing customers to choose what they want the bike to come with like a car. Who would better to do this than cobra? Hopefully they move up to 85cc bikes and keep going. Id love to see some American bikes competing in the Pros. People were complaining that its hard to get them over seas and theres major demand for them so they have huge growth potential, I hope they tap into this and then have the capital to keep expanding. Going from a 65cc to an 85cc cant be that hard and it keeps riders on your brand longer before theyre forced to move unfortunately...

Anyways heres the Shercoo 450 enduro bike. Looks really good and Im excited for the future. They say theyre trying to get into mx too which is great, the more the merrier! Especially with something badass like this.


Wed have another steel framed bike to choose from also! Plus tons of mods stock like the akropovic exhaust, excel rims, kyb suspension, elec start. Plus the blue and white plastics/graphics with green accents looks great.
Photo

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

Where do people get the Cobra pipe is made by PC? Cobra specifically said at lorrettas, either during dinner or the orientation that they make their own pipes.

Cobra makes their own 50cc pipe. The stamping is not done in-house but the design, welding, cutting and fabrication is done in house. The Cobra 65 pipe is supplied by HGS.

|

9/5/2018 6:30 AM

About the name, if I remember well, in the late nineties, the brand founder wanted to buy the rights to relaunch a new Bultaco Sherpa trials bike but wasn't able to. He then started looking for a name that would sound close, hence "Sherco"...


|

9/5/2018 7:33 AM

Bikes are so nice and just keep getting more refined each year. Unlike the belief in the Beta thread. Not too many guys on this forum are gonna be held back from a Sherco, Beta or Gas Gas. Hope you get one and enjoy it.

Ghost

|



9/5/2018 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2018 11:21 AM

drt410 wrote:

Hmmmm KYB suspension, FMF exhaust for 2 stroke, Akrapovic for 4 strokes, Excel rims, Galfer rotors, Dunlops, gripper seat cover, Neken triple clamps, elec start. Pretty badass to be honest. This 450 cant be too far off from being able to be turned into a race bike with some tweaks. Smaller gas tank, different gearing, different mapping and test from there Im sure they could get it going pretty well.

The name sounds kinda weird almost like a Chinese scooter company lol, but they seem to have a great product. They look good though n come with some good stuff. Why are the French/Euros able to make a new dirt bike company but America cant besides Cobra? Cobra just came out with a 65cc too with electronic power valve so their 2 strokes are on point, but I dont see them making big bikes although with the attention to detail they have with the little bikes Im sure if they did theyd be like an oem works bike. For the stock class theyre head and heels better because they come stock loaded to the gills with aftermarket parts. They come with a full pro circuit exhaust stock lol so you get to run that in the stock class.

Somebody mentioned in another thread the future of dirt bikes should be allowing customers to choose what they want the bike to come with like a car. Who would better to do this than cobra? Hopefully they move up to 85cc bikes and keep going. Id love to see some American bikes competing in the Pros. People were complaining that its hard to get them over seas and theres major demand for them so they have huge growth potential, I hope they tap into this and then have the capital to keep expanding. Going from a 65cc to an 85cc cant be that hard and it keeps riders on your brand longer before theyre forced to move unfortunately...

Anyways heres the Shercoo 450 enduro bike. Looks really good and Im excited for the future. They say theyre trying to get into mx too which is great, the more the merrier! Especially with something badass like this.


Wed have another steel framed bike to choose from also! Plus tons of mods stock like the akropovic exhaust, excel rims, kyb suspension, elec start. Plus the blue and white plastics/graphics with green accents looks great.
Photo

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

Where do people get the Cobra pipe is made by PC? Cobra specifically said at lorrettas, either during dinner or the orientation that they make their own pipes.

Because they have a pro circuit badge on them?
They may have HGS now but at one point they came with PC.

Photo

Photo


https://www.google.com/amp/s/motocrossactionmag.com/amp/mxas-2014-cobra-cx65-motocross-test-the-dominant-pee-wee-builder-steps-up-to-the-65-class-in-a-big-way?source=images

“The CX65 comes out of the crate with a Pro Circuit exhaust, Moto Tassinari VForce 3 reed block, electronic power valve, incredibly light aluminum swingarm and much more.”

|

9/5/2018 11:22 AM

agn5009 wrote:

They are great bikes but unfortunately the resale value isn't good.

I sold a 2014 KTM 300XC a few months back for $5000. You would be lucky to sell a sherco at all let alone one for that price that's a few years old. If reselling your bike isn't a big deal, I would say go for it and buy a sherco.

Yea I would expect the resale to be horrible seeing that nobody knows about them.

|

9/5/2018 1:16 PM

agn5009 wrote:

They are great bikes but unfortunately the resale value isn't good.

I sold a 2014 KTM 300XC a few months back for $5000. You would be lucky to sell a sherco at all let alone one for that price that's a few years old. If reselling your bike isn't a big deal, I would say go for it and buy a sherco.

drt410 wrote:

Yea I would expect the resale to be horrible seeing that nobody knows about them.

Resale is horrible on everything when you can buy brand new 450's for $5-6k.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/5/2018 1:19 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure if you've seen the following

https://m.vitalmx.com/features/FIRST-LOOK-2019-Sherco-Cross-Country-Bikes,6124

The 2 strokes look bad ass. Sadly they don't make any MX specific bikes but they should.

Just curious what would you want different to "call" it an MX model? Serious question.

From a marketing standpoint it is a catch 22, the XC/MX hybrid has a bigger market share, but the Moto mafia press will only "test" MX models with gas 4t engines. Blackout I tell ya!

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/5/2018 1:33 PM

I had the 2016 300 2t 6days for couple years, only put 45hrs it tho and nothing went wrong in that time.it was well made and everything went into place as it should.
The thing I loved about it, it has the electronic power valve, which you could flick on the go(not like other brands at the time, when I rode Ktm I couldn't hardly notice the difference between maps, that may of changed with the newer bikes) and when the 2 different modes was used, you could actually notice the big difference.the thing went like stink was a blast to ride,

Value wise, I bought it SH with low hours for 1k less than for equivalent Ktm/husky at the time, but honestly it's not 1k less of a product,I fail to understand why people are like sheep and seem to think they have to have a Ktm,I know Ktm are decent bikes, but why pay a lot more for something as equal , or less in my opinion
It took about 5weeks to sale it (without really trying) and loss £600 in 2 yrs, don't get me wrong, iv seen them sit around for a while, but if your realistic with your price, it won't sit around to long, tbf I sold my last Ktm in 2hrs tho!
If you buy it cheap in first place, then sale it cheap then no biggie

Great bikes and you get a lot for your money, my next bike will be a sherco ,but am Curious about the beta,but I'm not 100% I like the look of them, or they don't seem to ware n Tare to well, so reckon sherco it will be

|

9/5/2018 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2018 1:59 PM

Sc2 wrote:

I had the 2016 300 2t 6days for couple years, only put 45hrs it tho and nothing went wrong in that time.it was well made and everything went into place as it should.
The thing I loved about it, it has the electronic power valve, which you could flick on the go(not like other brands at the time, when I rode Ktm I couldn't hardly notice the difference between maps, that may of changed with the newer bikes) and when the 2 different modes was used, you could actually notice the big difference.the thing went like stink was a blast to ride,

Value wise, I bought it SH with low hours for 1k less than for equivalent Ktm/husky at the time, but honestly it's not 1k less of a product,I fail to understand why people are like sheep and seem to think they have to have a Ktm,I know Ktm are decent bikes, but why pay a lot more for something as equal , or less in my opinion
It took about 5weeks to sale it (without really trying) and loss £600 in 2 yrs, don't get me wrong, iv seen them sit around for a while, but if your realistic with your price, it won't sit around to long, tbf I sold my last Ktm in 2hrs tho!
If you buy it cheap in first place, then sale it cheap then no biggie

Great bikes and you get a lot for your money, my next bike will be a sherco ,but am Curious about the beta,but I'm not 100% I like the look of them, or they don't seem to ware n Tare to well, so reckon sherco it will be

Ohh shit u can have diff maps for electronic power valve? Didnt even think about that.

|

9/5/2018 2:23 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Just curious what would you want different to "call" it an MX model? Serious question.

From a marketing standpoint it is a catch 22, the XC/MX hybrid has a bigger market share, but the Moto mafia press will only "test" MX models with gas 4t engines. Blackout I tell ya!

Snappier and more powerful engine, different gear ratios, suspension and tank, 19" rear wheel for the most part...
There have been several prototypes over the years, they even had a factory bike on beach races, but no production yet...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/5/2018 2:24 PM

agn5009 wrote:

They are great bikes but unfortunately the resale value isn't good.

I sold a 2014 KTM 300XC a few months back for $5000. You would be lucky to sell a sherco at all let alone one for that price that's a few years old. If reselling your bike isn't a big deal, I would say go for it and buy a sherco.

drt410 wrote:

Yea I would expect the resale to be horrible seeing that nobody knows about them.

Ya depends on the demographic of the area. In BC and Ontario the Shercos hold their value for sure.
I think the 300CC four stroke would be a sick bike to try out for sure!

I have a 250xc myself but would if i were to go 4 stroke I think the 300 would be my choice

|

9/5/2018 3:14 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

I come from a motocross background and race kawi's the past few years.

me and a mate decided to go for a test day for the sherco range just to see what the rave was about and a bit of fun.

Not gonna lie, and i didn't see it coming... the 250 2stroke was one of the best bikes ive ever ridden. was so fun!
Handled like a dream around the MX style part of the track and though the bush it was like a push bike.

i wouldn't waste the money on the 6 day style. I preferred the basic package the most. just seemed better suited and worked well as it does.


I was blown away, Ive just ordered one for xmas this year! the KX250f is up for sale and im so excited to get my hands on the new girl!
Ill be a Head Light warrior at the Mx track on weekends!



If you get a chance, Ride one!

Jrewing wrote:

Tbh the thoughts of tooting my horn at everyone and anyone whilst racing gives me a Semi!

One of my mates who is actually a decent rider. Turned up at national here in aus and had his horn wide open while pulling a holeshot hahaha was the funniest thing ever.
scrubbing past other riders honking the horn was entertaining to watch.

|

9/5/2018 3:18 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure if you've seen the following

https://m.vitalmx.com/features/FIRST-LOOK-2019-Sherco-Cross-Country-Bikes,6124

The 2 strokes look bad ass. Sadly they don't make any MX specific bikes but they should.

Johnny Depp wrote:

Just curious what would you want different to "call" it an MX model? Serious question.

From a marketing standpoint it is a catch 22, the XC/MX hybrid has a bigger market share, but the Moto mafia press will only "test" MX models with gas 4t engines. Blackout I tell ya!

GODZILLA wrote:

Snappier and more powerful engine, different gear ratios, suspension and tank, 19" rear wheel for the most part...
There have been several prototypes over the years, they even had a factory bike on beach races, but no production yet...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

what plastic kit did you get to make it more of an MX look?! that looks sick

|

9/5/2018 5:08 PM

drt410 wrote:

Hmmmm KYB suspension, FMF exhaust for 2 stroke, Akrapovic for 4 strokes, Excel rims, Galfer rotors, Dunlops, gripper seat cover, Neken triple clamps, elec start. Pretty badass to be honest. This 450 cant be too far off from being able to be turned into a race bike with some tweaks. Smaller gas tank, different gearing, different mapping and test from there Im sure they could get it going pretty well.

The name sounds kinda weird almost like a Chinese scooter company lol, but they seem to have a great product. They look good though n come with some good stuff. Why are the French/Euros able to make a new dirt bike company but America cant besides Cobra? Cobra just came out with a 65cc too with electronic power valve so their 2 strokes are on point, but I dont see them making big bikes although with the attention to detail they have with the little bikes Im sure if they did theyd be like an oem works bike. For the stock class theyre head and heels better because they come stock loaded to the gills with aftermarket parts. They come with a full pro circuit exhaust stock lol so you get to run that in the stock class.

Somebody mentioned in another thread the future of dirt bikes should be allowing customers to choose what they want the bike to come with like a car. Who would better to do this than cobra? Hopefully they move up to 85cc bikes and keep going. Id love to see some American bikes competing in the Pros. People were complaining that its hard to get them over seas and theres major demand for them so they have huge growth potential, I hope they tap into this and then have the capital to keep expanding. Going from a 65cc to an 85cc cant be that hard and it keeps riders on your brand longer before theyre forced to move unfortunately...

Anyways heres the Shercoo 450 enduro bike. Looks really good and Im excited for the future. They say theyre trying to get into mx too which is great, the more the merrier! Especially with something badass like this.


Wed have another steel framed bike to choose from also! Plus tons of mods stock like the akropovic exhaust, excel rims, kyb suspension, elec start. Plus the blue and white plastics/graphics with green accents looks great.
Photo

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

Where do people get the Cobra pipe is made by PC? Cobra specifically said at lorrettas, either during dinner or the orientation that they make their own pipes.

drt410 wrote:

Because they have a pro circuit badge on them?
They may have HGS now but at one point they came with PC.

Photo

Photo


https://www.google.com/amp/s/motocrossactionmag.com/amp/mxas-2014-cobra-cx65-motocross-test-the-dominant-pee-wee-builder-steps-up-to-the-65-class-in-a-big-way?source=images

“The CX65 comes out of the crate with a Pro Circuit exhaust, Moto Tassinari VForce 3 reed block, electronic power valve, incredibly light aluminum swingarm and much more.”

Cool never seen them, just started looking for 65's.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

9/5/2018 6:26 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Just curious what would you want different to "call" it an MX model? Serious question.

From a marketing standpoint it is a catch 22, the XC/MX hybrid has a bigger market share, but the Moto mafia press will only "test" MX models with gas 4t engines. Blackout I tell ya!

GODZILLA wrote:

Snappier and more powerful engine, different gear ratios, suspension and tank, 19" rear wheel for the most part...
There have been several prototypes over the years, they even had a factory bike on beach races, but no production yet...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

deanwhite51 wrote:

what plastic kit did you get to make it more of an MX look?! that looks sick

I might be wrong here but I don't think he changed anything, that's how they come.

@Johnny Depp: Godzilla's answer is what I was going to mention.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."