Shaun Palmer's Truck, Motorcycle, & Mountain Bike Stolen & Truck Totaled in High Speed Chase

Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2022 3:50pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc3jm2Fv4Op/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share…

palmer555

My van was stolen last night in Portland!!Nevada plates, with a canyon hard tail, 1981 white Yamaha 465, let me know…

Be on the look out!

Theft must be at a all time high! People just walking out of stores with goods these days. Might be time to investing some better affordable anti theft products.

|
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/4/2022 2:42pm
Truck Totaled in High Speed Chase ?
DC
5/4/2022 2:59pm
langhammx wrote:
Truck Totaled in High Speed Chase ?
If you scroll down in the comments someone writes:

"Msged you directly after turning on the 8pm local fox12 news since I recognized the rig emptied and crashed in some live news footage since it was just used in another crime. Sorry man!"

It happened last week apparently.

DC
Racer X

The Shop

Mr. Info
5/4/2022 3:20pm
Hopefully the bastard who stole it crashed it and did not die but will forever live a life of pain and disability.
OCgoon1533
5/4/2022 3:39pm
That sucks. You have to bolt everything down these days. Had some equipment stolen out of the back of my truck in the middle of the day on Sat. Wasn't that big of a deal but I couldn't believe something would get swiped like that.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/4/2022 4:11pm
DC wrote:
If you scroll down in the comments someone writes: "Msged you directly after turning on the 8pm local fox12 news since I recognized the rig emptied...
If you scroll down in the comments someone writes:

"Msged you directly after turning on the 8pm local fox12 news since I recognized the rig emptied and crashed in some live news footage since it was just used in another crime. Sorry man!"

It happened last week apparently.

DC
Racer X
Missed that one, thanks
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/4/2022 9:44pm
Yeah this was last week.

A buddy of mine said they found the van at one point and got Palmer over there. They were scared to confront the robbers because they were tweaking and Shaun had a gun(s) in the van. Apparently he said “I don’t want to get shot with my own gun.”

Police took to long and they got away. Then I see the posts about the van getting totaled. Crazy! Portland has really had a turn for the worse since 2020.

crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/5/2022 3:28am
The comments on that pinkbike post make vitalmx look like a church.
5/5/2022 3:29am
Yeah this was last week. A buddy of mine said they found the van at one point and got Palmer over there. They were scared to...
Yeah this was last week.

A buddy of mine said they found the van at one point and got Palmer over there. They were scared to confront the robbers because they were tweaking and Shaun had a gun(s) in the van. Apparently he said “I don’t want to get shot with my own gun.”

Police took to long and they got away. Then I see the posts about the van getting totaled. Crazy! Portland has really had a turn for the worse since 2020.

And that is why you don’t leave guns in cars. If you’re going to carry, CARRY.
m21racing
5/5/2022 6:03am
Yeah this was last week. A buddy of mine said they found the van at one point and got Palmer over there. They were scared to...
Yeah this was last week.

And that is why you don’t leave guns in cars. If you’re going to carry, CARRY.
Think he was relocating, so that could be why they were in the van. That's just shitty to have those things taken.
Timo
5/5/2022 6:12am
If you drive an Econoline, super duty, or Chevy Express you really need to look at adding a hidden ignition switch or aftermarket chipped key. They have a limited number of key cuts and thieves can walk around with a big keyring and try keys until they find one that will work.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
5/5/2022 6:26am
crowe660 wrote:
Some angry canadian's on there.. LOL.. Somehow people think you make a million dollars and you can retire. I think the average amount you need now to retire and spend budget of 45k a year in retirement is 1.45 million in the bank. Going to be a wake up call to a lot of us when things inflate to double the cost in 5-10 years.
5/5/2022 6:50am
Timo wrote:
If you drive an Econoline, super duty, or Chevy Express you really need to look at adding a hidden ignition switch or aftermarket chipped key. They...
If you drive an Econoline, super duty, or Chevy Express you really need to look at adding a hidden ignition switch or aftermarket chipped key. They have a limited number of key cuts and thieves can walk around with a big keyring and try keys until they find one that will work.
Yup I build a lot of high end custom stereo/outfit vans and whatnot and we always suggest that to people, even the newer mopars, challengers and chargers, incredibly easy to steal. Simple hidden switch that interrupts ignition goes a long way. An alarm with another kill switch that’s built in goes even further. Unfortunately this is the world we live in.
JazzyJJ
5/5/2022 7:38am
lol Portland. I thought people just left their cars unlocked with the keys in the ignition to make it easier down there. Why delay the inevitable.
captmoto
5/5/2022 7:47am
JazzyJJ wrote:
lol Portland. I thought people just left their cars unlocked with the keys in the ignition to make it easier down there. Why delay the inevitable.
I think that was in San Francisco but wouldn't be surprised to see that happening in Seattle, LA etc, as well.
JazzyJJ
5/5/2022 8:21am
JazzyJJ wrote:
captmoto wrote:
I think that was in San Francisco but wouldn't be surprised to see that happening in Seattle, LA etc, as well.
It's all of those places. It's also now pretty much mandatory to have some kind of anti theft device of your catalytic converters seeing as they get cut off so often
Joey_Bridges
5/5/2022 8:55am
crowe660 wrote:
I'm a long time veteran of pink bike and ride monkey.
Both places are absolute toilets.

I was a mod on RM 20+ yrs ago, as I was a DH trail builder responsible for what has since become a destination for DH riders, and racers all up and downnfhe east coast.
It was unreal the amount of shit, arguing, and name calling that went on in the regional DH section of the forum.
Bearuno
5/5/2022 8:58am
Many of the comments about the theft that are up on the MTB sites refer to a 'Go Fund Me' that's been set up for Palmer.

Basically, people are incredulous about such a famous, thought to be wealthy, Sports Person needing help with what is said to be around a 25K loss.

Go looking for Palmers estimated worth, and you'll find figures between 1.3 million and 23 million. I'd be surprised at that lower level - cripes, an old schlub like me has more in property value than that ( though, that might just be a reflection on the crazy property market / values of today BlinkWhistling ) .

He may well be on the bones of his arse - he'd not be the first Sportsman that " pissed it all against the wall", there's many a sad tale along those lines.

I do hope Palmers not in that sort of situation.

To that effect, it sadly, reminded me of Scot Breithaupts demise in 2015. Reading the desertsun.com story about him again, was grim. He and I battled on Cruisers, in the late 70s /early 80s (?) in a few events here in OZ, he on his OM Flyers, and I on my own frames I made. Can't say we got along, as I think he may have been 'indulging' in some things that later brought him big problems, but, we had some 'spirited' clashes in races. R.I.P, Old Man.
Joey_Bridges
5/5/2022 9:02am
JazzyJJ wrote:
It's all of those places. It's also now pretty much mandatory to have some kind of anti theft device of your catalytic converters seeing as they...
It's all of those places. It's also now pretty much mandatory to have some kind of anti theft device of your catalytic converters seeing as they get cut off so often
I hike and backpack on the smokies and up and down the southern appalachians.
Converter thefts are insane.

Took my Tacoma to a local exhaust shop and had them removed.
Sitting in my garage in case our state starts a vehicle inspection.
Beats coming out of the woods and having to remove what's left of your exhaust system and drive home without it.

GangGreen
5/5/2022 9:25am

quadxrulebro ........ You're assuming a single self defense weapon? It would be prudent to keep a short-barrel shotgun under the bench seat and a mini 9mm "backup" in the bottom of the toolbox.

Insurance on the 1981 Yamaha is cheap through Progressive. If you already have a street bike, it's like $25 per year.
GangGreen
5/5/2022 9:44am
crowe660 stated," The comments on that pinkbike post make vitalmx look like a church."

BEST PINKBIKE COMMENT:

Hey, if I ever leave a bunch of valued stuff in a van in a shit hole crime ridden swamp of a city and it all gets stolen: Raise a wad of cash to send me in for a psych evaluation, and then slap me really hard a few times, 'cuz I'm stupid and deserve it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/5/2022 12:39pm

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/5/2022 12:48pm

Roczoff
5/5/2022 12:59pm
Palmer made millions. He shouldn't be accepting money from anybody.

Give it to those less aggro, and more in need.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/5/2022 1:06pm
Roczoff wrote:
Palmer made millions. He shouldn't be accepting money from anybody.

Give it to those less aggro, and more in need.
Thats why he has millions, because its always better to spend other peoples money than your own. WinkCool

Post a reply to: Shaun Palmer's Truck, Motorcycle, & Mountain Bike Stolen & Truck Totaled in High Speed Chase

The Latest