Shane McElrath and his future

Motofinne
I think he is the favorite to win the West title. Is he moving up to 450s in 2019 if he gets this title or does he want to get the outdoor title too?

Tickle only has a 1 year deal with Factory KTM? So that spot is open in 2019.
|
downard254
1/11/2018 1:36pm
If he wins the title, I'd guess he'll go for a repeat to defend. I think the rules changed that if you point out but win your final season, they allow you one chance to defend. Not sure so maybe someone in the know will chime in on that.
BobbyM
1/11/2018 1:52pm
Motofinne wrote:
I think he is the favorite to win the West title. Is he moving up to 450s in 2019 if he gets this title or does...
I think he is the favorite to win the West title. Is he moving up to 450s in 2019 if he gets this title or does he want to get the outdoor title too?

He is solid as a rock. Goldberg or whatever his name is and plessinger will be in the mix
Shawn142
1/11/2018 1:55pm
If you believe the hype that 2nd KTM seat has Webb written on it already.

I think if Shane won either title he would spend a year defending it in 2019 as is his right. After that it would be hard to guess which spots would be open. JGR sure seems like a good landing spot for an incoming rookie with potential.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
1/11/2018 1:57pm
If he wins the title he gets to defend (which he will), if not and he finishes the season I think he points out but don't quote me on that.

The Shop

Motofinne
1/11/2018 2:02pm
Shawn142 wrote:
If you believe the hype that 2nd KTM seat has Webb written on it already. I think if Shane won either title he would spend a...

I think if Shane won either title he would spend a year defending it in 2019 as is his right. After that it would be hard to guess which spots would be open. JGR sure seems like a good landing spot for an incoming rookie with potential.
Dude. I was certain that Webb was going KTM before A1. But after what we saw last week? Man i don't know.

He was supposed to be better in every way. The bike was better(Febvre, Tonus showed it in GPs/MXDN and Barcia at A1), he was more prepared, no off season races.

It resulted in the same Cooper Webb as in 2017.

But the season is long, he can make it alright. But it started just like 2017.
DEMONDAVE
1/11/2018 2:10pm
Motofinne wrote:
I think he is the favorite to win the West title. Is he moving up to 450s in 2019 if he gets this title or does...

after only 1 round in the books I think its too early to count out the defending champ #1 Mr Hill also id not count out plessinger this early in the series
Motofinne
1/11/2018 2:12pm
Motofinne wrote:

DEMONDAVE wrote:
after only 1 round in the books I think its too early to count out the defending champ #1 Mr Hill also id not count out...
after only 1 round in the books I think its too early to count out the defending champ #1 Mr Hill also id not count out plessinger this early in the series
I'm not basing it only on this week. He won the 2 in a row last year too and i would assume that he will be better this year.

He dominated A1.
Gus
1/11/2018 2:14pm
Shawn142 wrote:
If you believe the hype that 2nd KTM seat has Webb written on it already. I think if Shane won either title he would spend a...

Motofinne wrote:
Dude. I was certain that Webb was going KTM before A1. But after what we saw last week? Man i don't know. He was supposed to...
Dude. I was certain that Webb was going KTM before A1. But after what we saw last week? Man i don't know.

He was supposed to be better in every way. The bike was better(Febvre, Tonus showed it in GPs/MXDN and Barcia at A1), he was more prepared, no off season races.

I’m totally derailing the post, but even as a huge Webb fan I’m not freaking out about last week. AC said on Pulp it was hard to make up time on that track. He didn’t get the start (which he didn’t in 250s either) and finished 10th after being anywhere from 6th-15th. He’s gotta get the start, he can’t just blow buy guys right now. If it continues around 10th then ehhh I’ll worry but I think he’s fine. I know he’s been talked about going to KTM a lot, but for some reason I could see him at JGR
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
1/11/2018 2:18pm
Shawn142 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
Dude. I was certain that Webb was going KTM before A1. But after what we saw last week? Man i don't know. He was supposed to...

Cooper ate it at Lake Elsinore right before the season started, I believe he was almost a no-go for A1. Could explain the lack of spunk.
Motofinne
1/11/2018 2:20pm
Shawn142 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

MX Guy wrote:
Cooper ate it at Lake Elsinore right before the season started, I believe he was almost a no-go for A1. Could explain the lack of spunk.
Yeah i heard that too. Marvin also had a big crash before A1, he won.

But this thread is not about Webb so lets not derail it too much.
Question
1/11/2018 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2018 4:37pm
Motofinne wrote:

DEMONDAVE wrote:
after only 1 round in the books I think its too early to count out the defending champ #1 Mr Hill also id not count out...
Motofinne wrote:
I'm not basing it only on this week. He won the 2 in a row last year too and i would assume that he will be...
I'm not basing it only on this week. He won the 2 in a row last year too and i would assume that he will be better this year.

He dominated A1.
I agree. I watched both gopro of AC (which I picked in my fantasy league) and McElrath, and McElrath looks dialed as ever, in control, great lines, etc. A good fit at BTO maybe if Peick is not going for it ?

About the 2nd spot at KTM, I don't think Tickle who is under rated will give his ride easily. He is fit, solid, perfect 2nd rider and actually has a top 3 top 5 speed now. DeCoster wouldnt have signed him if he was not believing in his potential. He came from really far at A1 to a good 8th; without the little bug while leading his heat, a good grid and a start in the main may have placed him much closer to the podium too.
Rhino
1/11/2018 4:48pm
Roczen blew past Webb like his bike was on the stand.
struth
1/11/2018 5:02pm
DEMONDAVE wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
I'm not basing it only on this week. He won the 2 in a row last year too and i would assume that he will be...

He dominated A1.
Question wrote:
I agree. I watched both gopro of AC (which I picked in my fantasy league) and McElrath, and McElrath looks dialed as ever, in control, great...
I agree. I watched both gopro of AC (which I picked in my fantasy league) and McElrath, and McElrath looks dialed as ever, in control, great lines, etc. A good fit at BTO maybe if Peick is not going for it ?

About the 2nd spot at KTM, I don't think Tickle who is under rated will give his ride easily. He is fit, solid, perfect 2nd rider and actually has a top 3 top 5 speed now. DeCoster wouldnt have signed him if he was not believing in his potential. He came from really far at A1 to a good 8th; without the little bug while leading his heat, a good grid and a start in the main may have placed him much closer to the podium too.
Nothing I have see in 2018 suggest tickle has top3-5 in advance speed..on a consistent base.

Tickle shines in MX. N this where I suspect you will see the effect of team trainer come in...
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
1/11/2018 5:15pm
I don't know where his rides will be in the next few years but I have thought for awhile that he will be a great 450 rider. He just seems solid, fast and under the radar.

Post a reply to: Shane McElrath and his future

The Latest