Shane McElrath Released from BBMX Contract

mxfuture
5/2/2022 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2022 2:13pm
Leeham wrote:
Then why are you mad? They are no longer associated with BBMX, the team that doesn't pay their riders. You are now free to do business...
Then why are you mad? They are no longer associated with BBMX, the team that doesn't pay their riders. You are now free to do business with them again. I don't understand your issue.

Lets not forget RMATV for the past couple years, they have been a big sponsor at the LL AM National. But yeah duck RMATV!
For real?

Because they didn't do enough to ensure that the riders promoting their brand didn't get stiffed, especially with it being the common practice that it is.
Using the racing team solely as a scapegoat is disingenuous in my opinion. If they actually cared they would have made sure it didn't happen. I would 👌

and I'm not "mad". I don't support asshats or those that aren't willing to stop asshats.

DonM
5/2/2022 2:13pm
Leeham wrote:
You are the one that brought up Netflix. Now what if RM didn't pull their sponsorship. And BBMX still didn't pay their riders. By your logic...
You are the one that brought up Netflix.

Now what if RM didn't pull their sponsorship. And BBMX still didn't pay their riders. By your logic, supporting RM that is the title sponsor of BBMX, would be saying its okay to not pay their riders. EVEN though thats not RM's responsibility to do that, its the teams. The team not paying riders/bills and not having someone ride the bike with the RMATV brand on it (VitalMX video) breached the contract.

RMATV dumping BBMX is the right move imo. Why support guys who don't follow agreements.

mxfuture wrote:
Wow. I brought up Netflix because it shows what happens when companies do the wrong thing and customers do the right thing. I didn't want to...
Wow. I brought up Netflix because it shows what happens when companies do the wrong thing and customers do the right thing. I didn't want to get into the details about Netflix because long winded discussion about Topics I don't think you're aware of based on your comments.

Pretending that's not RMs responsibility is comical at best. Their responsibility is to protect their image and logo and not let it be tarnished by asshats.

I won't spend my money with any company that's associated with any other company that stiffs Riders. PERIOD! End!
So you're saying you won't do business with RMATVMC, who had zero to do or have a say in the operation of the team, because Butler stiffed their riders and it's their responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen?....Ok
5/2/2022 11:40pm
Leeham wrote:
You are the one that brought up Netflix. Now what if RM didn't pull their sponsorship. And BBMX still didn't pay their riders. By your logic...

Now what if RM didn't pull their sponsorship. And BBMX still didn't pay their riders. By your logic, supporting RM that is the title sponsor of BBMX, would be saying its okay to not pay their riders. EVEN though thats not RM's responsibility to do that, its the teams. The team not paying riders/bills and not having someone ride the bike with the RMATV brand on it (VitalMX video) breached the contract.

RMATV dumping BBMX is the right move imo. Why support guys who don't follow agreements.

mxfuture wrote:
Wow. I brought up Netflix because it shows what happens when companies do the wrong thing and customers do the right thing. I didn't want to...
Wow. I brought up Netflix because it shows what happens when companies do the wrong thing and customers do the right thing. I didn't want to get into the details about Netflix because long winded discussion about Topics I don't think you're aware of based on your comments.

Pretending that's not RMs responsibility is comical at best. Their responsibility is to protect their image and logo and not let it be tarnished by asshats.

I won't spend my money with any company that's associated with any other company that stiffs Riders. PERIOD! End!
DonM wrote:
So you're saying you won't do business with RMATVMC, who had zero to do or have a say in the operation of the team, because Butler...
So you're saying you won't do business with RMATVMC, who had zero to do or have a say in the operation of the team, because Butler stiffed their riders and it's their responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen?....Ok
What he’s getting at is that even though RMATV weren’t directly responsible for paying the riders, Butler’s actions do bring their name in to disrepute.

What does the public see/say “that horrible RMATV team didn’t pay the riders!”

In the same way a team will fire a rider who gets caught with PEDs… “those KTM riders cheat with drugs”

As yet, we’ve heard nothing from RMATV stating they had nothing to do with it and do not condone Butler’s actions/disappointment at his actions/wishing the failed parties well, etc etc etc…
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
5/3/2022 12:07am
Leeham wrote:

mxfuture wrote:

DonM wrote:
So you're saying you won't do business with RMATVMC, who had zero to do or have a say in the operation of the team, because Butler...
This guy is brainless

The Shop

mxfuture
5/3/2022 6:33am
DonM wrote:
You must be a liberal. I know accountability is a bitch! 👌
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
5/3/2022 6:38am
Hi Side wrote:
I know (I think) that RMATVMC doesn't have anything to do with the shenanigans but I haven't ordered anything through them since this debacle. MotoSport has...
I know (I think) that RMATVMC doesn't have anything to do with the shenanigans but I haven't ordered anything through them since this debacle. MotoSport has gotten the majority of my orders lately with a few things from AOMC. Unless I have missed it, RMATVMC hasn't made a comment regarding this mess.
RMATV isn’t in the wrong here.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/3/2022 7:12am
DonM wrote:
mxfuture wrote:
And there you go bringing politics into the forum. Get a grip or get lost.
LungButter
5/3/2022 7:12am
mxfuture wrote:
Nothing says “I’m too stupid to form a good argument” better than bringing politics into something that isn’t even remotely political.

Good for you.
mxfuture
5/3/2022 7:16am
disbanded wrote:
And there you go bringing politics into the forum. Get a grip or get lost.
😭
mxfuture
5/3/2022 7:17am
LungButter wrote:
Nothing says “I’m too stupid to form a good argument” better than bringing politics into something that isn’t even remotely political.

Good for you.
😭
LungButter
5/3/2022 7:41am
mxfuture wrote:
😭
Sorry to make you cry. I'm sure you can find a safe space for that in your state though, so you got that going for you.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/3/2022 7:44am
mxfuture wrote:
And you must be a moran
8tensolutions
5/3/2022 8:18am
DonM wrote:
mxfuture wrote:
Dude, your thinking on this would be classified as that. You are basically exemplifying "cancel culture", by blaming RMATV for something they had nothing to do with and actually left the team for breach of contract. They do not support the team anymore and left before this garbage was somewhat public. I don't care who you buy stuff from, but if that is your thinking it is very flawed and means you shouldn't ever buy a KTM, Fly Gear, Motorex, 100%, Dunlop Tires, ETS Fuels, FMF Exhaust, Acerbic, Brembo, Galfer, Regina chains, Hinson clutches, Twisted Development, ODI Bars, XTrig clamps, Haan Wheels, AEO suspension etc etc.

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/3/2022 8:23am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2022 8:53am
mxfuture wrote:

DonM wrote:
Leeham wrote:
This guy is brainless
Proof mxfuture might be a little lost in this thread is the fact he gave a thumbs up to your comment calling him brainless lol
jeffro503
5/3/2022 8:25am
Hoping to see all three guys out there this season. All three deserve a good ride. Man , that BBMX team makes me fume. Being shady like that and not paying your riders is just BS! In construction , if you burn your subs like that , it isn't long before the word gets out and you're ruined. PAY your riders!
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
5/3/2022 10:01am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hoping to see all three guys out there this season. All three deserve a good ride. Man , that BBMX team makes me fume. Being shady...
Hoping to see all three guys out there this season. All three deserve a good ride. Man , that BBMX team makes me fume. Being shady like that and not paying your riders is just BS! In construction , if you burn your subs like that , it isn't long before the word gets out and you're ruined. PAY your riders!
I look forward to someday having the whole story come out. Maybe a long form Mathes article once people are willing to talk?

IMO the real story here isn't how this happened to BBMX, but how many other teams are probably a lot closer than we think to the same thing happening.
moto162
5/3/2022 12:02pm
mxfuture wrote:
Stfu ur stupidity is making conservative look bad.
Jack_Wagon
5/3/2022 12:53pm
Rumors have been swirling around BBMX's mismanagement for years. If anything makes RMATV/MC look bad it's the fact that they have stuck around with this team as long as they have. It's almost like they're guilty by association. They had to know in what disarray this team was in. The best thing RMATV/MC could do at this point is align themselves with another well respected team and move forward.
Brent
5/3/2022 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2022 3:38pm
nrosso391 wrote:
BBMX....Mr Butler needs to go to Jail. We don't need this filth in our sport.
I don't believe they put people in jail in this country for not paying their bills. For stealing yes. but not stiffing their creditors.

that said, if those individuals ever want to enter a team in pro MX or SX in the future, they need to put up a performance or contract bond first.

But I'd be surprised if we ever see their name associated with a team again in this sport. Whomever would partner with them would have to be pretty gullible...

agn5008
Fantasy
317th
5/3/2022 3:44pm
Hi Side wrote:
I know (I think) that RMATVMC doesn't have anything to do with the shenanigans but I haven't ordered anything through them since this debacle. MotoSport has...
I know (I think) that RMATVMC doesn't have anything to do with the shenanigans but I haven't ordered anything through them since this debacle. MotoSport has gotten the majority of my orders lately with a few things from AOMC. Unless I have missed it, RMATVMC hasn't made a comment regarding this mess.
soggy wrote:
Just grade A sound logic there.

‘I know they didn’t do anything wrong but I will boycott anyway”.

Just bizarro world stuff.
It’s pretty wild to think that he probably made that comment thinking he’d get some sort of praise from it.
wvumounty
5/3/2022 6:38pm
I wonder what RMATV and WPS thought about the whole Baggett fiasco? To continue and pay sponsor dollars to BBMX knowing that they shafted Blake boggles the mind.
ajk423
5/5/2022 6:01pm
slumpstone wrote:
Anstie hasn't officially signed with Kawasaki for the outdoors yet, but we'd say it's imminent at this point.

Hmmmm where do you get your info?
ML512 wrote:
About as close to the horses mouth as possible. Is your question cause you think he has it sealed up or is it because your son...
About as close to the horses mouth as possible.

Is your question cause you think he has it sealed up or is it because your son is trying to get the spot? I believe your Joey Savatgy's dad.
Which horse?
Zycki11
5/5/2022 6:50pm
So we can add this to the What’s in Davis locker folder. Maybe when the government releases the jfk files we will know 😂
clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
5/5/2022 6:59pm
Brent wrote:
I don't believe they put people in jail in this country for not paying their bills. For stealing yes. but not stiffing their creditors. that said...
I don't believe they put people in jail in this country for not paying their bills. For stealing yes. but not stiffing their creditors.

that said, if those individuals ever want to enter a team in pro MX or SX in the future, they need to put up a performance or contract bond first.

But I'd be surprised if we ever see their name associated with a team again in this sport. Whomever would partner with them would have to be pretty gullible...

Other way around haha can steal whatever you want here in Cali and get away with it
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/5/2022 8:21pm
slumpstone wrote:
Anstie hasn't officially signed with Kawasaki for the outdoors yet, but we'd say it's imminent at this point.

Hmmmm where do you get your info?
ML512 wrote:
About as close to the horses mouth as possible. Is your question cause you think he has it sealed up or is it because your son...

Is your question cause you think he has it sealed up or is it because your son is trying to get the spot? I believe your Joey Savatgy's dad.
ajk423 wrote:
Which horse?
Definitely the wrong one!
Zycki11
5/5/2022 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2022 8:47pm
ML512 wrote:

ajk423 wrote:
Which horse?
ML512 wrote:
Definitely the wrong one!
Hopefully Versace is healed up and can get some prep time in
Moto76er
5/5/2022 10:17pm
Savatgy must be flying at the TT to get the spot. Here is hoping he puts in a full outdoor schedule and is consistent. He adds more depth in the 5-10 battles maybe sneak some top5s by seasons end. Last time he was on a Kawi he looked good when the bike ran properly. How about Anstie to Husky fill in?

Post a reply to: Shane McElrath Released from BBMX Contract

The Latest