Shane McElrath Released from BBMX Contract

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2022 10:23 AM

Photo

It's been very, very quiet on the Butler Brothers MX front (AKA Rocky Mountain KTM), but Shane McElrath has some news to share. He's been released from his contract with the team and hopefully is pursuing a spot for the 2022 Pro Motocross Championship.

Of the three from this team; McElrath, Savatgy, and Anstie...the later is the only one who's been linked to a spot yet. Max Anstie hasn't officially signed with Kawasaki for the outdoors yet, but we'd say it's imminent at this point.

|

4/30/2022 10:29 AM

Strange to see that now, I would have thought that BBMX not paying the man would have been a contract breach long ago?

Hopefully he can fill in somewhere, Shane is a damn hard worker.

|

4/30/2022 10:39 AM

Brent wrote:

Strange to see that now, I would have thought that BBMX not paying the man would have been a contract breach long ago?

...more

Had the same thought…seems like he would’ve been able to opt out then.

|

4/30/2022 10:41 AM

I think it's fair to say Shane released bbmx a couple of weeks ago...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/30/2022 10:41 AM

I know (I think) that RMATVMC doesn't have anything to do with the shenanigans but I haven't ordered anything through them since this debacle. MotoSport has gotten the majority of my orders lately with a few things from AOMC. Unless I have missed it, RMATVMC hasn't made a comment regarding this mess.

|

4/30/2022 11:08 AM

Hi Side wrote:

I know (I think) that RMATVMC doesn't have anything to do with the shenanigans but I haven't ordered anything through them ...more

What kind of statement do you want? “BBMX did not have the amount of contracted riders on the track so we pulled our sponsorship” that’s as simple as it is. RMATV pulling their spot has nothing to do with riders getting paid.

|

4/30/2022 11:50 AM

Hi Side wrote:

I know (I think) that RMATVMC doesn't have anything to do with the shenanigans but I haven't ordered anything through them ...more

That's just dumb...They have absolutely nothing to do with it...

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

4/30/2022 11:51 AM

Hi Side wrote:

You showed them didn't you. sick

|

4/30/2022 11:53 AM

Brent wrote:

...more

You're assuming they didn't pay him...maybe it was a better legal strategy...who knows? this whole thing has been just crazy...

|

4/30/2022 11:58 AM

I'm gonna guess that RMATV writes a better contract next time.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

4/30/2022 12:28 PM

Any idea where Shane’s gonna end up?

|

4/30/2022 1:19 PM

Can he race 250? Maybe outdoors on a 250 for KTM?

|

4/30/2022 1:24 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Can he race 250? Maybe outdoors on a 250 for KTM?

No pointing out rule for outdoors.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/30/2022 1:29 PM

He would be a good fit this summer on the ktm 250. Not a fan of his but would be a good choice to have a 2nd bike on the track.

|

4/30/2022 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2022 1:43 PM

Hi Side wrote:

F take

People who share this view are actually weird. Like your 1-3 orders are gonna break the company. “You guys just lost a customer! 😡“

Lol

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

4/30/2022 1:44 PM

mb60 wrote:

He would be a good fit this summer on the ktm 250. Not a fan of his but would be a good choice to have a 2nd bike on the ...more

KTM really outta do something like that. They havent been able to field a 250F for most of the SX rounds.

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

4/30/2022 2:22 PM

Hi Side wrote:

Just grade A sound logic there.

‘I know they didn’t do anything wrong but I will boycott anyway”.

Just bizarro world stuff.

|

4/30/2022 4:05 PM

Shane’s a first class guy, a badass on a bike and I’m hoping he lands his butt on a good seat for the outdoors. We haven’t seen what he’s capable of yet and I hope he gets to prove it.

|

4/30/2022 4:10 PM

DonM wrote:

You're assuming they didn't pay him...maybe it was a better legal strategy...who knows? this whole thing has been just ...more

I’m not assuming anything.

|

4/30/2022 4:12 PM

JMed651 wrote:

Shane’s a first class guy, a badass on a bike and I’m hoping he lands his butt on a good seat for the outdoors. We haven’t ...more

Why are we not sure what he is capable of ? He has had some good rides in the past ?

|

4/30/2022 4:45 PM

Anstie hasn't officially signed with Kawasaki for the outdoors yet, but we'd say it's imminent at this point.

Hmmmm where do you get your info?

|

4/30/2022 5:07 PM

slumpstone wrote:

Anstie hasn't officially signed with Kawasaki for the outdoors yet, but we'd say it's imminent at this point.

Hmmmm where do ...more

Tmz bro

|

4/30/2022 5:30 PM

Hi Side wrote:

You do realize sponsors do not pay the athletes? They support the Team who handles everything from there. The sponsor agreements requires certain actions that they are paying for (logo placement, social media, number of riders on the track etc etc). BBMX did not hold up their end of the deal and RMATV bailed. They had nothing to do with anyone getting paid or not.

|

4/30/2022 6:07 PM

slumpstone wrote:

Hmmmm where do ...more

About as close to the horses mouth as possible.

Is your question cause you think he has it sealed up or is it because your son is trying to get the spot? I believe your Joey Savatgy's dad.

|

4/30/2022 6:23 PM

Time will tell

|

4/30/2022 6:43 PM

plowboy wrote:

I'm gonna guess that RMATV writes a better contract next time.

I think the contract was just fine. Just need a better partner to sign it with.
I'm sure the team they work with next year will be much better.

|

4/30/2022 8:00 PM

slumpstone wrote:

Hmmmm where do ...more

ML512 wrote:

Is your question cause you think he has it sealed up or is it because your ...more

Correct…

|

4/30/2022 8:21 PM

slumpstone wrote:

Hmmmm where do ...more

ML512 wrote:

Is your question cause you think he has it sealed up or is it because your ...more

DonM wrote:

Correct…

Back to you in the booth...

|

4/30/2022 8:59 PM

ML512 wrote:

DonM wrote:

Correct…

wb173 wrote:

Back to you in the booth...

Thanks, WB, that's some good info! I'd say Anstie and Savatgy are definitely in a must situation and I can't wait to see how things pan out. And now a word from our sponsor...

|

4/30/2022 10:00 PM

Besides the Kaw 450 ride - what other rides (250 or 450) are out there?
Hope all three get on a team.

|