Shane McElrath Joins the Muc-Off/FXR/ClubMX Yamaha Team

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Edited Date/Time 8/9/2022 2:57pm

Shane McElrath has found a home for the final four rounds of the 2022 AMA Pro Motocross season.

Shane McElrath to complete the outdoor season with the Muc-Off/FXR/ClubMX Team

CHESTERFIELD, SC – AUGUST 9, 2022: McElrath has agreed to put his skills to use with the Muc-Off/FXR/ClubMX team after learning that his services were no longer needed as a fill in rider. His 2022 season took a bit of a detour when his original team folded after the Supercross season ended.

He was in search of a ride for the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross season and landed as a fill in rider with Husqvarna for four races. As the season developed and McElrath continued to post top ten finishes, Husqvarna agreed to continue the relationship for four additional rounds. In August, with their rider(s) returning to the roster, McElrath was no longer needed to fill in for the balance of the season. Like everywhere else in his career, McElrath has parted ways on good terms and started looking for an opportunity elsewhere.

McElrath stated: “My original plan was to purchase a couple of bikes and go the privateer route. I did not
foresee anyone else needing me for only four races. I had the support to do the last four rounds on my
own and was one flight away from having all the pieces put in place. As the Lord would have it, I was
talking to Brandon [Haas] on a different topic when he was notified that Nicoletti was not able to line up
for the balance of the season, recovering from a broken arm. One thing led to another, and he offered me
the spot.”

The twenty-seven-year-old McElrath is no stranger to ClubMX as it was his training facility of choice as a
top amateur prospect from 2011-2013. It was obvious, even back then, that he had the skill and
determination to succeed in the pro ranks. He was picked up by the Troy Lee Designs team at the end of
2013 and turned pro in 2014. He scored points in every race he has entered as a pro which brings us to
his first top ten at Unadilla in August, 2014. It is only fitting that he returns to Unadilla this week with a
fresh start on the Muc-Off/FXR/ClubMX team.

“I have known Shane for long time, and I knew he would be great. We did not have the platform to support
him at the pro level at the time, so I was happy when he got his TLD deal. I knew in my heart that one day
our paths would cross where he could ride for our team and that time is now. He is a great guy and
deserves the best this sport has to offer. The timing was right to give him a shot and we are in the position
to do it with good equipment. This is the perfect example of keeping communication open and
relationships intact – Shane and I have always kept in contact and it is rewarding to have him join us.” Said
owner Brandon Haas

McElrath has been training at the ClubMX facility in South Carolina with the rest of the team and is
acclimating to the Yamaha quickly. In the fine details, he had to clear the way with other personal
sponsors to make this deal happen and to his credit, they have all agreed. It is just one more layer of the
respect he has earned and the relationships he has built throughout his career.

He will line up on the #12 at Unadilla and complete the season with the team. It will make for an exciting
ride for everyone involved!
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/9/2022 8:22am
"Like everywhere else in his career, McElrath has parted ways on good terms . . ."

Laughing

The Shop

KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
8/9/2022 8:36am
GrapeApe wrote:
"Like everywhere else in his career, McElrath has parted ways on good terms . . ."

Laughing
Yes - while the parting ways is not good news and sort of funny in sad way, maintaining good relationships and moving forward usually has good results. Hopefully will be more at home on the Yamaha.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/9/2022 8:41am
GrapeApe wrote:

Laughing
KurtJ99 wrote:
Yes - while the parting ways is not good news and sort of funny in sad way, maintaining good relationships and moving forward usually has good...
Yes - while the parting ways is not good news and sort of funny in sad way, maintaining good relationships and moving forward usually has good results. Hopefully will be more at home on the Yamaha.
I was laughing on behalf of TLD KTM

sandman768
8/9/2022 8:45am
Seems like a good dude, hopefully he can keep at it with decent support… pretty crazy, guy this good has to scramble for support….
AH387
8/9/2022 8:55am
88FYNN88 wrote:
On a 450 or 250?
I think 450. Phil was supposed to run the 450 outdoors, I believe.

I am happy for Shane. He's a good dude. ClubMX is an awesome team.
8/9/2022 9:43am
Him and Savatgy get passed around like a you know what.
Hopefully they will both land on stable rides. It is well deserved.
Richy
8/9/2022 11:10am
Just in case there's a weird rule I haven't seen / heard about having to be on the same bike, I'm assuming he gets to keep his points while switching to the Yam and finishing the season out strong? I figure he does and obviously hope so, just not totally up on the ins and outs.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/9/2022 12:06pm
Richy wrote:
Just in case there's a weird rule I haven't seen / heard about having to be on the same bike, I'm assuming he gets to keep...
Just in case there's a weird rule I haven't seen / heard about having to be on the same bike, I'm assuming he gets to keep his points while switching to the Yam and finishing the season out strong? I figure he does and obviously hope so, just not totally up on the ins and outs.
He gets to keep his points.
fourfourone
8/9/2022 12:08pm
What are all the red spots on his chin?
Looks like he may need to reach out to Valtrex for a sponsorship
Richy
8/9/2022 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2022 3:03pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He gets to keep his points.
Thanks Mav, much appreciated and happy to hear it 👍

Regarding the spots, his Mrs said on Instagram that he's been ill and had a little (understandable) stress getting the old/new ride stuff in order and sprung up some cold sores.

Looks pretty gnarly, but I'd still probably take some herpes or whatever to be top 10 national speed... not that I can forsee a situation where that deal be feasible or make any sense 🤣
Press516
Fantasy
126th
8/9/2022 4:00pm
Really happy for Shane!! Hope he puts in a couple top 10 rides.
8/9/2022 4:24pm
McelRath is a cool name best of Luck in the remaining races. His name reminds of a alias I used for a few yrs. Mick McMickle. Haha
bvm111
8/9/2022 9:41pm
low class making light of the fact he has what appears to be cold sores…they suck as much as someone making fun of someone that has them.
Payup_199
8/10/2022 6:58am
When will he be announced for WSX with this team? That's gotta be in talks? It all makes sense, to me.
sjodin73
Fantasy
1088th
8/10/2022 7:03am
Club is realy starting to become the team to be at, except the factory teams
8/10/2022 9:56am
bvm111 wrote:
low class making light of the fact he has what appears to be cold sores…they suck as much as someone making fun of someone that has...
low class making light of the fact he has what appears to be cold sores…they suck as much as someone making fun of someone that has them.
For real, should’ve seen all the assholes making jokes about it on VitalMX’s IG post, poor dude.

Reminded me of when I had acne back in high school… One kid cracks a joke about it and forgets he even said it, meanwhile you end up self-conscious about your face for the rest of the day. Hated that shit.

Post a reply to: Shane McElrath Joins the Muc-Off/FXR/ClubMX Yamaha Team

The Latest