Shane McElrath

Harry_Gray
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 2:51pm
Does anyone know what happened w/ him? RC and Ralph said something about a possible injury? Can anyone confirm that?
|
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/23/2019 11:03pm
If He raced today he pointed out , and had to move up next year , but it would have been nice to hear that he wasn't racing prior to the Start, so we didnt pick him in fantasy which i did and , had a decent season going , 95th over all before tonight.
I would think mathes ,JT and the so called experts know or should know stuff like this and could mention it prior to the race. Thanks Guys.
Ill bet he wasnt on any of their teams!
3/23/2019 11:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 11:05pm
KTM wasn't expectecting Webb to do as good as he has this year and don't want to run a 3 man 450 team next year. So Shane gets benched to ride 250s another year.

The Shop

3/23/2019 11:26pm
If he gets pulled off in additional races, we need to really rethink the rules here.

The compensation/competition ratio is off balance. Shane is good enough to move up to the premiere class in this sport (better than lots of guys in that class), but he is either paid too well or other dudes he is competitive against are paid too poorly.

Harry_Gray
3/24/2019 7:27am
If he gets pulled off in additional races, we need to really rethink the rules here. The compensation/competition ratio is off balance. Shane is good enough...
If he gets pulled off in additional races, we need to really rethink the rules here.

The compensation/competition ratio is off balance. Shane is good enough to move up to the premiere class in this sport (better than lots of guys in that class), but he is either paid too well or other dudes he is competitive against are paid too poorly.

What I don't get is guys like J. Martin and M. Davalos stay in the class year after year, and Shane gets pushed out. So much for injury grumblings, sucks he has to resort to this to keep a decent ride. Not criticizing the riders; but the BS rules.
3N1MX
3/24/2019 8:09am
Shane is indeed hurt regardless of the criticism he will receive, he went to Seattle with hopes of racing and to fight for the championship but the pain was indeed to much and he is completely gutted to not be racing for his team and sponsors... his character should speak for itself he is not one to just quit, will he be ready for any other rounds that I don’t know, does he look at the points knowing he has no chance at a championship especially if you can’t ride a 100% of course you would be a fool not to.. you have to play the cards you are dealt and this isn’t the deck he wanted but he will play them accordingly the best he can for Shane McElrath
3/24/2019 8:13am
If he gets pulled off in additional races, we need to really rethink the rules here. The compensation/competition ratio is off balance. Shane is good enough...

Harry_Gray wrote:
What I don't get is guys like J. Martin and M. Davalos stay in the class year after year, and Shane gets pushed out. So much...
What I don't get is guys like J. Martin and M. Davalos stay in the class year after year, and Shane gets pushed out. So much for injury grumblings, sucks he has to resort to this to keep a decent ride. Not criticizing the riders; but the BS rules.
Both those guys have been similarly shelved at times in their careers.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
3/24/2019 8:17am
Maybe it is just pointing out, but Shane did not look good on the track at all yesterday. He definitely wasn’t riding like himself.
holeshot413
Fantasy
1759th
3/24/2019 9:02am
3N1MX wrote:
Shane is indeed hurt regardless of the criticism he will receive, he went to Seattle with hopes of racing and to fight for the championship but...
Shane is indeed hurt regardless of the criticism he will receive, he went to Seattle with hopes of racing and to fight for the championship but the pain was indeed to much and he is completely gutted to not be racing for his team and sponsors... his character should speak for itself he is not one to just quit, will he be ready for any other rounds that I don’t know, does he look at the points knowing he has no chance at a championship especially if you can’t ride a 100% of course you would be a fool not to.. you have to play the cards you are dealt and this isn’t the deck he wanted but he will play them accordingly the best he can for Shane McElrath
??
TeamGreen
3/24/2019 9:20am
3N1MX wrote:
Shane is indeed hurt regardless of the criticism he will receive, he went to Seattle with hopes of racing and to fight for the championship but...
Thank you for posting this.

Watching him ride in practice yesterday, he was certainly trying...but, those Whoops and the combos in the Rythm Section were beating him up.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/24/2019 9:47am
At This Point why come Back to this year ?
Get Ready For Motocross and Keep the 250 option open for Next year, coming back and pointing out after missing this Race makes no sense at all.
therealhammer
3/24/2019 11:56am
Could he move up even with pointing out , of course . But I don’t think anyone would say Shane’s lites career to this point is evidence of him needing to move out of the class next year. He hasn’t been dominate, nor has a put a whole season together. Next year would be his sixth year in the class with no titles to that point indoors or out .

Also not a lot of options to move up , each team is fielding 2 guys these days .

3/24/2019 12:23pm
Is there an ELI5 for this point nonsense, what the hell is this "point out" nonsense, how has that procircuit south american dude been in the lites for 20 years?

(ELI5=Explain it Like I am 5yrs old)
3/24/2019 2:50pm
God damn. If your pissed at a guy because you picked him for your fantasy and he didn't deliver, look in the mirror, douchebag.

Post a reply to: Shane McElrath

The Latest