Shae Bentley

RRsis17
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 8:44pm

HEY guys....check this out. I know you might have some things can be sent in for auction that is sitting around. I had no clue he was sick. It was just brought to my attention tonight. I am hoping to get some jersery's at St Louis to send in for Auction. So if any of the riders want to donate let me know and I will come by in STL and pick them up.

Taken from Road to recovery....a good group helping a rider out!

Shae Bentley

A longtime fan-favorite, Shae Bentley needs our help.

Shae turned pro in 1998 and ended up in 5th place in the East Coast SX series. Shae was forced to sit out the following season due to injury, but came back in 2000 and captured the 125 West Coast SX Championship.

Unfortunately Shae would continue to be pledged with illness and injury. Just shy of his 26th birthday Shae made the decision to retire. Now Shae finally knows why he had been so ill. Crohn's disease.

Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammatory disease. Since there is no cure for Crohn's disease, the goals of treatment are to induce and maintain remission, minimize side effects of treatment, and improve the quality of life. Shae has been hospitalized for the past 2 weeks and is too ill to work.

So let’s all pull together and help this champion.

The Road 2 Recovery is currently putting together an auction to help Shae. We are also accepting tax deductible donations. Please contact the Foundation with any items you’d like to donate for the auction at 480 276-1131, or info@road2recovery.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . Donations can be made on line at www.road2recovery.com/support.asp or by mail at the Road 2 Recovery Foundation, 23623 N Scottsdale Rd, Suite D-3420, Scottsdale, AZ 85255.

Taken from Supercrossonline.com:

SHAE BENTLEY BENEFIT RACE CHANGED TO APRIL 26TH

Scottsdale, AZ - The Monster Mountain MX track in Alabama, GA is hosting a benefit race on Saturday April 26th, 2008 to help raise funds for Shae Bentley and his family. Andy Anderson at Monster Mountain is generously donating 100% of all the proceeds to Shae, including gate fees and entry fees.

Gates open at 7 AM, with practice at 9 AM, and racing to begin at 10 AM. An auction will take place during intermission. Credit cards accepted for the auction. Gate fee $10 per person, race fee $25 per class.

All donated items for the April 26th event should be shipped to:

Shae Bentley Benefit

145 Triple Crown Lane

Ellenwood, GA 30294

The Road 2 Recovery is also putting together another auction that should take place sometime around the first National to help Shae. We are also accepting tax deductible donations. Please contact the Foundation with any items you’d like to donate for that auction at 480 276-1131, or info@road2recovery.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Donations can be made on line at www.road2recovery.com/support.asp or by mail at the Road 2 Recovery Foundation, 23623 N Scottsdale Rd, Suite D-3420, Scottsdale, AZ 85255.

The Road 2 Recovery Foundation is dedicated to helping AMA licensed motocross members with financial assistance if they sustain career-ending injuries as well as providing motivational, emotional and spiritual support to these individuals and their families. For more information and sponsorship opportunities contact Road 2 Recovery at 480 276-1131 or info@road2recovery.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .
Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable

|
oshow
4/9/2008 4:42am
I guarantee Shae would help any one of us, so if you have any spare money or item that can be auctioned send it in or better yet attend the benefit race and you will be helping out a great racer and person.
Racetime
4/10/2008 8:58am
Hey-

I just spoke with Shae again. He was in the hospital for 6 weeks, has Pneumonia, and they suspect that infection you can get in hospitals that we've been hearing about. He's weak and just resting, with money problems on the way.

He's hoping people write down that address and send some stuff for the auction. People at ESPN MX and Detroit SX this weekend, don't forget him... Signed swag is best, and cash!

There is one auction for Monster Mountain on the 26th, and a second at the Glen Helen outdoor opener in May.

Note to any product reps going to ESPN or Detroit.. load the bag up with extra gear, and get some signed for Shae.. Do it!

The Shop

APLMAN
4/10/2008 9:02am
That can be nasty stuff. One of my best friends had to have part of his instestine removed last year because of Crohn's. My former office manager also had it, she had to follow a pretty strict diet to keep it in remission.

I wish there was an organization (AMA?) that would work towards procuring affordable health insurance for professional racers.
Racetime
4/10/2008 9:49am
Crohn's is in the small intestine. I didn't know they did partial surgeries. I think its been tried but it just inflames the parts that are left and you are back where you started. Your best hope is finding the right food to hold it down... and keep looking for answers.

Mine was in the large intestine, which is called ulcerative colitus. Had it 5 years, wiped me out and hey took out the whole thing in 1991. Gnarly.

APLMAN
4/10/2008 9:56am
Racetime wrote:
Crohn's is in the small intestine. I didn't know they did partial surgeries. I think its been tried but it just inflames the parts that are...
Crohn's is in the small intestine. I didn't know they did partial surgeries. I think its been tried but it just inflames the parts that are left and you are back where you started. Your best hope is finding the right food to hold it down... and keep looking for answers.

Mine was in the large intestine, which is called ulcerative colitus. Had it 5 years, wiped me out and hey took out the whole thing in 1991. Gnarly.

Surgery in Crohn's disease

There is no surgical cure for Crohn's disease. Even when all of the diseased parts of the intestines are removed, inflammation frequently recurs in previously healthy intestines months to years after the surgery. Therefore, surgery in Crohn's disease is used primarily for:

Removal of a diseased segment of the small intestine that is causing obstruction.
Drainage of pus from abdominal and peri-rectal abscesses.
Treatment of severe anal fistulae that do not respond to drugs.
Resection of internal fistulae (such as a fistula between the colon and bladder) that are causing infections.

Usually, after the diseased portions of the intestines are removed surgically, patients can be free of disease and symptoms for some time, often years. Surgery, when successfully performed, can lead to a marked improvement in a patient's quality of life. In many patients, however, Crohn's disease eventually returns, affecting previously healthy intestines. The recurrent disease usually is located at or near the previous site of surgery. In fact, 50% of patients can expect to have a recurrence of symptoms within four years of surgery. Drugs such as Pentasa or 6-MP have been useful in some patients to reduce the chances of relapse of Crohn's disease after surgery.
Racetime
4/10/2008 10:04am
Yikes.

I hope your friend doesn't get a recurrence.

I took prednisone for years and they were going to try 6-MP at some program at UCLA, but it was too damaged to try and save so they took the whole thing out. That's when my weight problems started - sheesh.

BTW-Shae said he has this about 10 years and it wrecked his strength.

I remember the day he was supposed to race Vegas with his 1E plate he was feeling terrible, but couldn't stand not going out there. I think he still had to pull out and he hated it.
APLMAN
4/10/2008 10:11am
I think my friend's biggest thing is being well for a few more years so that he can become fully vested in his retirement, with the accompanying health benefits. I think he is nearly there to retire at half pay and full medical, he's a firefighter/paramedic.

He still does the prednisone stuff (and about 40 other pills a day!) and so far he's been fortunate, but he's really had to be careful with his diet. I think the 24HR work schedule of being a firefighter/paramedic doesn't really help him out, but it is what it is.....
Racetime
4/10/2008 10:18am
Prednisone and stressful work hours are a dangerous combination. He's probably going to zap his adrenals like I did. Have him get that stuff checked. The dr may give him the runaround since there is so much going on already.

Check out Section 6 on this page:
http://superpageshosting.com/hormoneandlongevitycencom/growthhormone/

The medicine can throw that out of whack.

APLMAN
4/10/2008 10:22am
I'm trying to get him to Holtorf, for sure.

There is another hormone-oriented doc near Tacoma that I am telling him to see if he can't get to Holtorf.
oshow
4/10/2008 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:34pm
SHAE BENTLEY ROAD TO RECOVERY RACE
APRIL 26TH 2008
MONSTER MOUNTAIN MX

SHAE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH CHRON’S DISEASE AND WE ARE GETTING TOGETHER TO HELP RAISE MONEY FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY. WE HAVE SEVERAL SPONSORS COMING IN TO HELP. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A FAMILY FUN EVENT AND THERE WILL BE NO TROPHIES OR NO PRO PURSE.

Gates open @ 7:00AM
$10.00 gate fee per person, 4 & under free
Riders Meeting @ 8:00AM
Practice & Registration starts @ 9:00AM
$25.00 Registration fee
Race to follow

Auction at Intermission:
We have several sponsors donating everything you could imagine. If you have something you would like to add to the table please let us know. Remember we’re donating all proceeds to Shae & his family so all the help we can get the better. There will also be Shae Bentley stickers and T-shirts available for purchase.

List of Sponsors:
Jesus Christ,Pro Circuit,OGIO,WPS,Monster Energy,RacerX,Pit Posse, Rick Ware Racing, Gearne, SCG, Works Connection, Smith, Risk Racing, Scott, Pro Grip, Engine Ice, Tucker Rocky, MSR,Answer, Diverse Suspension, Road 2 Recovery, Acerbis,Factory Connection, Kawasaki, Bell, Shoei, Troy Lee, Fastway, Ready Filters, Langston Racing, Hinson, CV Products, Visual Impact, EVS, Pirelli, All Sport Dynamics, FMF, Renthal, Maxima, DeCal Works, Motion Pro, Two Brothers, Pro Wheels, Maxxis Tires, Hammerhead, Tokyo Mods, Yoshimura, Twin Air, Ga-Mx Racing, Alan Georke Training, and Transworld Motocross. All of these sponsors will be giving products, gift certificates or both for this event. We will update as more have confirmed, please check website daily for updates list of sponsors and giving of Products. MONSTER ENERGY IS PROVIDING DRINKS TO BE SOLD TOWARD THE PROCEEDS. Also there will be autograph signing to be done by Top / Pro Riders to be announced later, we will post names once confirmed.
www.monstermx.com
www.ga-mxracing.com
www.road2recovery.com
oshow
4/10/2008 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:34pm
From GAMX site

HERE'S A LIST SO FAR OF WHAT WE ARE GETTING OR HAVE ALREADY REC. FOR THE AUCTION. THIS IS THE LIST JUST FROM ROAD2RECOVERY THAT I HAVE CONFIRMATION ON. WE HAVE LOTS MORE SPONSOR'S JUMPING ON BOARD AND MORE TO COME. LET'S MAKE THIS AS BIG AS WE CAN GET IT.
Doug Henry Autographed Pants & Jersey
John Dowd Autographed Pants & Jersey
John Dowd Autographed Helmet
David Pingree Autographed Pants & Jersey
Travis Preston Autographed Pants & Jersey
Ben Townley Autographed Pants
Grant Langston Autographed Jersey
Suzuki Team Shirt Autographed by Ricky Carmichael & Ivan Tedesco
Nathan Ramsey Autographed Jersey
Kevin Windham Autographed Jersey
Jake Wiemer Autographed Jersey
Trey Canard Autographed Jersey
Josh Grant Autographed Jersey
Daniel Reardon Autographed Jersey

3- $50.00 Motorsport.com Gift Certificates
3- $100.00 Motorsport.com Gift Certificates
12 Bottles of Cycle Wash
12 Bottles of Top Coat
4 Bottles of Coolant

2 - Race Tech T-Shirts
2 - Race Tech Hats
2 - Answer MX Pants
2 - Answer MX Jerseys
2 - Answer MX Gloves
3 - MSR Helmets
3 - Renthal Standard Bars & Pad
3 - Renthal Fat Bars
5 - 751 Products Mud Tool
2 - Race Tech Certificates for a Shock & Fork Rebuild

breck
4/10/2008 12:30pm
I dont even know what to say!
Mutt
4/10/2008 12:53pm
Wow.

What happended to Brandon? I know he used to post here.
Spinner
4/10/2008 6:22pm
My cousin died of it. Bad shit. I hope all goes well for Shae.
thmprpilot
4/10/2008 8:10pm
Racetime wrote:
Hey- I just spoke with Shae again. He was in the hospital for 6 weeks, has Pneumonia, and they suspect that infection you can get in...
Hey-

I just spoke with Shae again. He was in the hospital for 6 weeks, has Pneumonia, and they suspect that infection you can get in hospitals that we've been hearing about. He's weak and just resting, with money problems on the way.

He's hoping people write down that address and send some stuff for the auction. People at ESPN MX and Detroit SX this weekend, don't forget him... Signed swag is best, and cash!

There is one auction for Monster Mountain on the 26th, and a second at the Glen Helen outdoor opener in May.

Note to any product reps going to ESPN or Detroit.. load the bag up with extra gear, and get some signed for Shae.. Do it!

If he does have the infection that is mostly contracted through hospitals called MRSA, that is not good. It's definitely treatable but can be fatal and very rapidly. I just saw a big show on it the other day. It would be a good thing they caught it early. MRSA typically attacks the body within hours if the person's immune system is down. Best wishes to Shae though for a speedy and successful recovery.

Info on MRSA for anyone interested:

MRSA

Post a reply to: Shae Bentley

The Latest