Shadow Reed at Budds Creek

swap
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:11am
Before Budds Creek, Chad Reed agreed to do the TransWorld Shadow video. When I told him that no man has ever won while being shadowed, we joked that he would be the first. (Ashley won X Games last summer)
After he struggled in the first practice session, I suspected that he wasn't really into having me popping in and chatting him up, and I was worried that he'd call it off. After he finished a distant third in the first moto, I worried again.
As you well know by now, it all worked out. I wasn't filming at the time, but from the podium after the second moto, Chad pointed at me and yelled, "We did it! I thought you were my bad luck charm after that first moto! I was ready to ditch you!"
Such a rad day. Reed is a bad ass.
http://tinyurl.com/5r5n3ld
|
peelout
6/23/2011 10:09am
looking forward to watching this when i get off work, thanks for the heads up, Swap
Slayer_1979
6/23/2011 10:46am
SWAP you ROCK! Awesome video man. What a cool behind the scenes look at what really goes down during the day with #22. You have to have one of the coolest jobs ever. Reed is a cool down to earth dude and one bad ass MF on a dirt bike. Thank you Swap and keep ripping REED I'll see you guys a REDBUD! Brrrrrp
RMT
6/23/2011 12:01pm
Great video. I have to say, I felt Reed was always kind of a whiny little bitch in the past and always had an excuse for everything, but he seems like a different person now. Maybe maturity, maybe becoming a father, maybe being a team owner, Im not sure, but he is quickly making a lot of new fans this year including me. Give em hell Chad and keep it up.

The Shop

Titan1
6/23/2011 12:08pm
I've got a huge crush on Mrs. Reed....smokin'!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/23/2011 12:16pm
See? You can post here without getting flamed, and don't need an undercover account. Wink
yz763
6/23/2011 12:17pm
That was a great video!!
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
6/23/2011 12:27pm
That was really cool. Thanks.
toroP
6/23/2011 12:28pm
RMT wrote:
Great video. I have to say, I felt Reed was always kind of a whiny little bitch in the past and always had an excuse for...
Great video. I have to say, I felt Reed was always kind of a whiny little bitch in the past and always had an excuse for everything, but he seems like a different person now. Maybe maturity, maybe becoming a father, maybe being a team owner, Im not sure, but he is quickly making a lot of new fans this year including me. Give em hell Chad and keep it up.
It's ridiculous how supposed moto fans judge a rider by by what he says or by what others say about him, and not by how he races.

The "whiny little bitch" from the past beat RC 8 times as rookie in 2003 SX. The guy has always been a fierce competitor.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
6/23/2011 12:34pm
RMT wrote:
Great video. I have to say, I felt Reed was always kind of a whiny little bitch in the past and always had an excuse for...
toroP wrote:
It's ridiculous how supposed moto fans judge a rider by by what he says or by what others say about him, and not by how he...
It's ridiculous how supposed moto fans judge a rider by by what he says or by what others say about him, and not by how he races.

The "whiny little bitch" from the past beat RC 8 times as rookie in 2003 SX. The guy has always been a fierce competitor.
so people are supposed to be fans based on performance only and no other reason? What youre trying to say is RV, Dungey, and Reed are the only 450 riders that should be getting cheers, correct?
Motodude
6/23/2011 3:57pm
Nice piece Don. Always have the girls in there huh..sukebe oyaji. haha
RMT
6/23/2011 4:38pm
toroP wrote:
It's ridiculous how supposed moto fans judge a rider by by what he says or by what others say about him, and not by how he...

My opinion was based on many things and to be honest, none of them had anything to do with how he performed on the track. I would never base my opinion on a motocross rider simply by his results. The fact that I have turned the corner on the guy should tell you that. Reed has always been fast and has always won races and titles. Its his new attitude that has made me a fan.
6/23/2011 6:14pm
My wish is to see more of what goes on during the week. I wanna see the training, how hard they really push it to get to this level.

Great Vid Swap.
ocscottie
6/23/2011 7:03pm
Finally had the time to sit and watch the whole thing, good stuff Swap-i-san! Chad is one BAD DUDE!

So, Donn, has anyone fallen for the cucumber wrapped in foil lately? LMAO! that really was a good one. Cool
JMR5
6/23/2011 7:37pm
Cool stuff. I wondered why I didn't see the blue shift gear on their site when they released the Reed replica gear. Bummer since I think that is the coolest of the color ways.
jasonv43
6/23/2011 8:08pm
RMT wrote:
I didn't like RC for the longest time. Might have had something to do with him dethroning the King!!! Anyways I never really liked his attitude or personality. But later in his career, I think he turned a corner and really understood who he was and how to handle it.
lopez130
6/23/2011 8:33pm
RMT wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:
I didn't like RC for the longest time. Might have had something to do with him dethroning the King!!! Anyways I never really liked his attitude...
I didn't like RC for the longest time. Might have had something to do with him dethroning the King!!! Anyways I never really liked his attitude or personality. But later in his career, I think he turned a corner and really understood who he was and how to handle it.
toroP
6/23/2011 8:44pm
RMT wrote:
toroP wrote:

so people are supposed to be fans based on performance only and no other reason? What youre trying to say is RV, Dungey, and Reed are...
so people are supposed to be fans based on performance only and no other reason? What youre trying to say is RV, Dungey, and Reed are the only 450 riders that should be getting cheers, correct?
No, it's not about who you like or don't like, it's about labeling any rider, "whiny little bitch", let alone one of the toughest racers ever.
dirtnapper
6/23/2011 9:10pm
Don is on this forum??!!?? Ha!

Doesn't post much I see.

How come he doesn't chime in on any J Law threads? What ever happened to their bromance? Grinning
tp4
6/23/2011 9:16pm
that was really good enjoyed it,much respect.
dehner47
6/23/2011 9:16pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Don is on this forum??!!?? Ha! Doesn't post much I see. How come he doesn't chime in on any J Law threads? What ever happened to...

Doesn't post much I see.

How come he doesn't chime in on any J Law threads? What ever happened to their bromance? Grinning
your last question is most likely why he dont post on here much..
dirtnapper
6/23/2011 9:22pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Don is on this forum??!!?? Ha! Doesn't post much I see. How come he doesn't chime in on any J Law threads? What ever happened to...

Doesn't post much I see.

dehner47 wrote:
your last question is most likely why he dont post on here much..
Zing! Wink
toroP
6/23/2011 9:48pm
toroP wrote:

RMT wrote:
My opinion was based on many things and to be honest, none of them had anything to do with how he performed on the track. I...
My opinion was based on many things and to be honest, none of them had anything to do with how he performed on the track. I would never base my opinion on a motocross rider simply by his results. The fact that I have turned the corner on the guy should tell you that. Reed has always been fast and has always won races and titles. Its his new attitude that has made me a fan.
Sorry, man, just different points of view. I'm not a fan of every rider, but there is not one rider out there that I would refer to the way you did. We all choose our favorites, but I reserve personal judgement because I know none of these guys personally.
bents
Fantasy
909th
6/23/2011 9:51pm
That was great Swap, thanks. Chad proved once more just why he is a bad mofo.
mitch415
6/24/2011 12:08am
How is it that Ellie sounds 100% american, no Aussie accent leftover whatsoever? While Chad definately still has a bit of one, tho not as strong as it used to be years ago. I thought they both came over to america together at the same time?
lukaitis9
6/24/2011 5:44am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2011 5:45am
Great video Don
hasko158
6/24/2011 6:00am
Best one yet. Reed is a bad dude, and mrstwotwo is smoking!!!

Post a reply to: Shadow Reed at Budds Creek

The Latest