Sg 12's marked on 2nd ride

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2018 4:37 PM

Hi guys, my brother just bought a pair of Gaerne SG12 and on his second ride they look like this.
Photo Photo
Anyone can relate to this premature wear? We are pretty disappointed, as everyone seem to love the durability of the SG12.

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 4:47 PM

My pair of SG12's are 6 years old.The heel is cracked on the left boot, other than that they are good. I ride every weekend.

|

5/19/2018 4:48 PM

Mine are almost 5 years old and they still look brand new other than the dirt stains and slight yellowing of the white plastic which is to be expected!

That doesn’t look normal to me!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

5/19/2018 4:54 PM

HI GUYS

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS AND THEY GOT DIRTY!!!

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?? THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BRAND NEW FOREVER!!!

IM GOING TO SEND THE BACK AND DEMAND THEY BE CLEANED!

IF GEARNE DOESN'T ABIDE BY MY EVERY REQUEST AND ALSO DO MY MATH HOMEWORK, IM GOING TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO HAVE THE WHOLE BUSINESS SHUT DOWN FOR ILLEGAL BOOT MANUFACTURING!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY?? HOW COULD A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS, WHICH SPEND THEIR WHOLE TIME NEXT TO A PAIR OF RAZOR SHARP FOOTPEGS, A CHAIN AND SPROCKET, AND A HOT EXHAUST SYSTEM, POSSIBLY GET ANY SIGNS OF WEAR ON THEM?????

HOOOWWWW IISSS TTHIISSSS POSSIBLLLEEEE??? WAAAHHHH!!! WAAAAHHHH!!! sad sad sad sad

|

5/19/2018 4:55 PM

Well they're white so....how about some simple green?

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

5/19/2018 4:56 PM

Yeah does it? He is riding a YZ 250 if that has anything to do with it. Man I cannot believe it, his previous boots were Astars Tech 7, and after 30 hours they didn't even have any marks like this.

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 4:59 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

HI GUYS

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS AND THEY GOT DIRTY!!!

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?? THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BRAND NEW FOREVER!!!

IM GOING TO SEND THE BACK AND DEMAND THEY BE CLEANED!

IF GEARNE DOESN'T ABIDE BY MY EVERY REQUEST AND ALSO DO MY MATH HOMEWORK, IM GOING TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO HAVE THE WHOLE BUSINESS SHUT DOWN FOR ILLEGAL BOOT MANUFACTURING!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY?? HOW COULD A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS, WHICH SPEND THEIR WHOLE TIME NEXT TO A PAIR OF RAZOR SHARP FOOTPEGS, A CHAIN AND SPROCKET, AND A HOT EXHAUST SYSTEM, POSSIBLY GET ANY SIGNS OF WEAR ON THEM?????

HOOOWWWW IISSS TTHIISSSS POSSIBLLLEEEE??? WAAAHHHH!!! WAAAAHHHH!!! sad sad sad sad

Yeah they're supposed to last, about 15 minutes right? Dude,sorry to waste your time, how should I expect them to hold up longer. Excuse my ignorance

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 5:23 PM

Yep mine did that too. Don’t care, they’re motocross boots. Some of us are just more realistic than others.

|

5/19/2018 5:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 5:27 PM

Andy7 wrote:

Yeah they're supposed to last, about 15 minutes right? Dude,sorry to waste your time, how should I expect them to hold up longer. Excuse my ignorance

Yeah, it IS ignorant to expect a brand new pair of boots not to get dirty. Try cleaning them and you should be good to go - you know like your bike or anything that gets dirty. If that's too much, then just don't ride in the dirt.

I have a pair of 2 yr old SG12's. They do have some marks on them - even happened after the first ride. I was really really mad too but I got over it and guess what? They still work fine!

Trust me, yours will too - Or you could seal your pipe better

|

5/19/2018 5:26 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

HI GUYS

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS AND THEY GOT DIRTY!!!

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?? THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BRAND NEW FOREVER!!!

IM GOING TO SEND THE BACK AND DEMAND THEY BE CLEANED!

IF GEARNE DOESN'T ABIDE BY MY EVERY REQUEST AND ALSO DO MY MATH HOMEWORK, IM GOING TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO HAVE THE WHOLE BUSINESS SHUT DOWN FOR ILLEGAL BOOT MANUFACTURING!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY?? HOW COULD A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS, WHICH SPEND THEIR WHOLE TIME NEXT TO A PAIR OF RAZOR SHARP FOOTPEGS, A CHAIN AND SPROCKET, AND A HOT EXHAUST SYSTEM, POSSIBLY GET ANY SIGNS OF WEAR ON THEM?????

HOOOWWWW IISSS TTHIISSSS POSSIBLLLEEEE??? WAAAHHHH!!! WAAAAHHHH!!! sad sad sad sad

Cover blown? Just found the real Tyler?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/19/2018 5:29 PM

PFitzG38 wrote:

Yeah, it IS ignorant to expect a brand new pair of boots not to get dirty. Try cleaning them and you should be good to go - you know like your bike or anything that gets dirty. If that's too much, then just don't ride in the dirt.

I have a pair of 2 yr old SG12's. They do have some marks on them - even happened after the first ride. I was really really mad too but I got over it and guess what? They still work fine!

Trust me, yours will too - Or you could seal your pipe better

Did you see the pics? I was complaining about the rubber getting cut off, not about the mud on them....

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 5:29 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

HI GUYS

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS AND THEY GOT DIRTY!!!

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?? THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BRAND NEW FOREVER!!!

IM GOING TO SEND THE BACK AND DEMAND THEY BE CLEANED!

IF GEARNE DOESN'T ABIDE BY MY EVERY REQUEST AND ALSO DO MY MATH HOMEWORK, IM GOING TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO HAVE THE WHOLE BUSINESS SHUT DOWN FOR ILLEGAL BOOT MANUFACTURING!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY?? HOW COULD A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS, WHICH SPEND THEIR WHOLE TIME NEXT TO A PAIR OF RAZOR SHARP FOOTPEGS, A CHAIN AND SPROCKET, AND A HOT EXHAUST SYSTEM, POSSIBLY GET ANY SIGNS OF WEAR ON THEM?????

HOOOWWWW IISSS TTHIISSSS POSSIBLLLEEEE??? WAAAHHHH!!! WAAAAHHHH!!! sad sad sad sad

I’m guessing he doesn’t give a shit about them getting dirty, just about the fact that he wore through the whole layer of plastic before he had a chance to get them dirty.

What bike OP? What are they rubbing against right there on the bike?

|

5/19/2018 5:32 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

HI GUYS

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS AND THEY GOT DIRTY!!!

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?? THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BRAND NEW FOREVER!!!

IM GOING TO SEND THE BACK AND DEMAND THEY BE CLEANED!

IF GEARNE DOESN'T ABIDE BY MY EVERY REQUEST AND ALSO DO MY MATH HOMEWORK, IM GOING TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO HAVE THE WHOLE BUSINESS SHUT DOWN FOR ILLEGAL BOOT MANUFACTURING!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY?? HOW COULD A PAIR OF MOTOCROSS BOOTS, WHICH SPEND THEIR WHOLE TIME NEXT TO A PAIR OF RAZOR SHARP FOOTPEGS, A CHAIN AND SPROCKET, AND A HOT EXHAUST SYSTEM, POSSIBLY GET ANY SIGNS OF WEAR ON THEM?????

HOOOWWWW IISSS TTHIISSSS POSSIBLLLEEEE??? WAAAHHHH!!! WAAAAHHHH!!! sad sad sad sad

Exactly what I was thinking!! But I wasn’t yelling

|

5/19/2018 5:33 PM

Is newman the only other to look at the picture? Vital must be fucked lol

My SG 12s have held up for over a year and not wore through like that.

|

5/19/2018 5:35 PM

Yeah it’s not the boots man. You are rubbing the shit out of them on something jagged.

|

5/19/2018 5:35 PM

Andy7 wrote:

Hi guys, my brother just bought a pair of Gaerne SG12 and on his second ride they look like this.
Photo Photo
Anyone can relate to this premature wear? We are pretty disappointed, as everyone seem to love the durability of the SG12.

Mate that looks like a tyre has spun on them with the black rubber on the white part of the boot ? Did ya drag your boot back at any stage?

|

5/19/2018 5:40 PM

You should have seen my Tech 8's after a year on a 74 CR250. Completely tore through the inner side of the boot kick starting the damn thing. Talk about junky ass boots. Then the plastic gets brittle and they completely fall apart. I may pull a Jody and go back to the old school High Point style boots. All this new fangled plastic shit is just, well, new fangled plastic shit. wink

|

5/19/2018 5:42 PM

newmann wrote:

I’m guessing he doesn’t give a shit about them getting dirty, just about the fact that he wore through the whole layer of plastic before he had a chance to get them dirty.

What bike OP? What are they rubbing against right there on the bike?

Thanks bud, you got it. It is a YZ 250. Can the frame spars do that? They aren't all that sharp after all. That's my only guess. Anyway, Gaerne's are solid, that's why I'm so surprised.

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 5:43 PM

Loved the Hi Points. Just replace the plastic buckles or soles and dry leather boot itself lasted great.

|

5/19/2018 5:44 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Is newman the only other to look at the picture? Vital must be fucked lol

My SG 12s have held up for over a year and not wore through like that.

Yup

|

5/19/2018 5:52 PM

Maybe get some frame guards.

|

5/19/2018 5:59 PM

That’s odd, never had that happen on a pair, I get new ones every year basically but still put probably 70-100 hours on a pair

|

5/19/2018 6:00 PM

Is he dragging it over a rough brake pedal? Something on the bike looks its got a rough edge and is smashing the boots.

|

5/19/2018 6:02 PM

snowy816 wrote:

Mate that looks like a tyre has spun on them with the black rubber on the white part of the boot ? Did ya drag your boot back at any stage?

If that's the case, they took the abuse like a champ, as my brother told me he didn't feel anything strange while riding

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 6:22 PM

The black parts are soft rubber to help with grip, so any jagged edge will dig into them. What's the bike look like?

Looks like maybe his foot slipped of the peg or something. Honestly that is such typical wear, I don't see a problem at all.

|

5/19/2018 6:08 PM

Hitting the pipe?
Snagging on foot peg?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/19/2018 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 6:18 PM

My sg11's new did that after a couple ride's same bike yz 250 with wc frame guards the rubber tore right around the hinge bolt hole. The rubber is weak there. No i wasn't snagging the peg or brake pedal i was expecting it to hold up better since it's in a high rub area.

|

5/19/2018 6:20 PM

Mmm the frame and kick starter doesn't have any marks. The pipe is slightly marked (as you can see that the white piece under the grip is a bit burned). But I'm clueless about that missing bit of rubber. Looks like if I took a razor blade and cut it off.

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 6:22 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

My sg11's new did that after a couple ride's same bike yz 250 with wc frame guards the rubber tore right around the hinge bolt hole. The rubber is weak there. No i wasn't snagging the peg or brake pedal i was expecting it to hold up better since it's in a high rub area.

Right, they are solid boots, can't believe how it happened so fast.

|

Heavy Hitter

5/19/2018 6:25 PM

Fixed it for ya

Photo

|