Sextons loss Elis gain

Brett_Clark
Now that the season is over. Congrats to eli and great job by sexton. That being said sexton lost this title at budds. He should of left that race 10 points plus up on tomac. He was faster but kept hitting the ground every time he was on the track. We can look back and say colorado was a big mess up for chase but budds was definitely bigger. You cant say for sure how it all would of played out that day but sextons second moto ride was impressive. I see no reason why he couldn't of won that first moto as well. Sucks i was pulling for the 23 to win but et just straight up out rode him in moto 1 today and put the pressure on chase.
|
Searights
9/3/2022 9:38pm
Hey Brett, armchair quarterback much? 😄

Sexton will be a champion. Stamp it.
Titan1
9/3/2022 9:49pm
I’ve been a little worried about who would carry the sport-the next big multi-time 450 champ and face of the sport-so I’m so happy to see the level Chase is riding at…big things ahead for that dude. It’s an elite talent that can put 3rd place down by over a minute (RC, James Stewart type talent)..,Chase is an elite talent…
9/3/2022 11:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2022 11:32pm
Chases 3am thoughts:

Colorado moto 2- 3 points
Spring creek moto 1- 3 points
Budds creek moto 1- 8 points (if he got 2nd worse case)

14 points.

Lost title by 7

(Oh and at Washougal choosing a different line when behind Eli instead of falling over on him, another 3 point swing)

Gotta have some luck to win a title but too many unforced errors by Chase this year!
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/4/2022 12:09am
Titan1 wrote:
I’ve been a little worried about who would carry the sport-the next big multi-time 450 champ and face of the sport-so I’m so happy to see...
I’ve been a little worried about who would carry the sport-the next big multi-time 450 champ and face of the sport-so I’m so happy to see the level Chase is riding at…big things ahead for that dude. It’s an elite talent that can put 3rd place down by over a minute (RC, James Stewart type talent)..,Chase is an elite talent…
With most the other top 450 guys in their 30’s or close to it chase is looking at a hell of a run

Jett seems the only one that will step up. Might be a real title fight next year

The Shop

KONG
9/4/2022 12:38am
It sure will be better if someone has something for Sexton...
Otherwise it could turn into a snoozefest, no matter how talented the 23 is.
Wiff3
9/4/2022 5:30am
Is Ferrandis being written off already?
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
9/4/2022 5:33am
I would be hesitant to automatically say chase will run the field next year. Clean slate and totally different. Riders bikes motivation etc. actually I would bet he wont win it.
SX_336
9/4/2022 6:06am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 6:17am
All these guys posting about how Chase is going to run off with it next year crack me up. Chase’s BEST shot at a 450 title was this year. The guy is insanely fast, but he lost this title due to inconsistency. Chase always Chases. Did it in SX and he did it in MX. The only difference in the outdoors was his speed. Next year, Eli will be even tougher in SX than he was this year. Anderson had them all covered as far as speed goes in SX, so Chase will have his hands full indoors. Outdoors next year, Jett will give Chase everything Eli gave him if not more outdoors. Then you have Ferrandis, AC and other new riders. Jett is the future of the big bike class, not Chase. What if Jett beats Sexton next month at Red Bud? What do you say then?

What’s it going to be like for him in 2024? I don’t remember the episode, but Mathis and more importantly Daniel Blair say Chase will not be at Honda in 2024 as Jett will be the main guy at Honda.
Crush
9/4/2022 6:18am
Chases 3am thoughts: Colorado moto 2- 3 points Spring creek moto 1- 3 points Budds creek moto 1- 8 points (if he got 2nd worse case)...
Chases 3am thoughts:

Colorado moto 2- 3 points
Spring creek moto 1- 3 points
Budds creek moto 1- 8 points (if he got 2nd worse case)

14 points.

Lost title by 7

(Oh and at Washougal choosing a different line when behind Eli instead of falling over on him, another 3 point swing)

Gotta have some luck to win a title but too many unforced errors by Chase this year!
Eli gave up 24 points to Chase the first four motos with a bad knee and no bike testing time… then made up 31 points in 20 motos in a year where there was clearly two fastest guys…
MX Culture
9/4/2022 6:32am
SX_336 wrote:
All these guys posting about how Chase is going to run off with it next year crack me up. Chase’s BEST shot at a 450 title...
All these guys posting about how Chase is going to run off with it next year crack me up. Chase’s BEST shot at a 450 title was this year. The guy is insanely fast, but he lost this title due to inconsistency. Chase always Chases. Did it in SX and he did it in MX. The only difference in the outdoors was his speed. Next year, Eli will be even tougher in SX than he was this year. Anderson had them all covered as far as speed goes in SX, so Chase will have his hands full indoors. Outdoors next year, Jett will give Chase everything Eli gave him if not more outdoors. Then you have Ferrandis, AC and other new riders. Jett is the future of the big bike class, not Chase. What if Jett beats Sexton next month at Red Bud? What do you say then?

What’s it going to be like for him in 2024? I don’t remember the episode, but Mathis and more importantly Daniel Blair say Chase will not be at Honda in 2024 as Jett will be the main guy at Honda.
I will put money down right now that says he wins both the SX and outdoor title next year. It’s all opinions my man.
clem
9/4/2022 6:34am
I'm with Crush on this one. Eli spotted Chase 24 points coming in hurt and on a new bike. Without Eli's Pala 1, it most likely doesn't come down to the final moto but that's why they race.
I've got Sexton with new glasses for '23.
SX_336
9/4/2022 8:19am
SX_336 wrote:
All these guys posting about how Chase is going to run off with it next year crack me up. Chase’s BEST shot at a 450 title...

MX Culture wrote:
I will put money down right now that says he wins both the SX and outdoor title next year. It’s all opinions my man.
All that tells me is that you have money to lose. That will not happen.
MotoCosmo
9/4/2022 8:28am
SX_336 wrote:

MX Culture wrote:
SX_336 wrote:
All that tells me is that you have money to lose. That will not happen.
I agree with everything you said! Chase's best days are behind him, he should just retire...
9/4/2022 8:33am
Titan1 wrote:
I’ve been a little worried about who would carry the sport-the next big multi-time 450 champ and face of the sport-so I’m so happy to see...
scott_nz wrote:
With most the other top 450 guys in their 30’s or close to it chase is looking at a hell of a run Jett seems the...
With most the other top 450 guys in their 30’s or close to it chase is looking at a hell of a run

Jett seems the only one that will step up. Might be a real title fight next year
Jett will NOT be a 450 title threat in 2023.
nousername
9/4/2022 8:37am
I would be hesitant to automatically say chase will run the field next year. Clean slate and totally different. Riders bikes motivation etc. actually I would...
I would be hesitant to automatically say chase will run the field next year. Clean slate and totally different. Riders bikes motivation etc. actually I would bet he wont win it.
Look at roczen and weeb in supercross this year vs last year.
TeamGreen
9/4/2022 9:21am
SX_336 wrote:

MX Culture wrote:
I dunno about all that; but, the kid is FAST.

You and I have seen a lot of races and more than a few really fast racers; but, as you’re pointing out, Chase is in that very small group of Dominant Riders.

Just one problem for Chase…especially “outdoors”…

So is Eli.

People talking about where or when this title was “won or lost” and all that silliness….

It was won and lost over 24 Motos.

When Eli made that sprint at the end of the 1st moto at Ironman & Chase still went after after him all the way to the checkers? Well, we knew the battle wasn’t gonna be over until the last moto of the year.
And…
It wasn’t, was it?

This was a great year of racing. Maybe there’s a few food races left…?
theraptur712
9/4/2022 9:53am
Wiff3 wrote:
We could be in for a treat again in 2023. 3 way battle for a title?

Sexton, J. Lawrence and Ferrandis...?
Brett_Clark
9/7/2022 6:26pm
Searights wrote:

I said i was pullng for sexton to win. Learn how to read before you start insulting someone.
2old4this
9/7/2022 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 6:38pm
SX_336 wrote:

It took ET3 more than a few years to become truly consistent....just sayin.

9/7/2022 6:40pm
SX_336 wrote:

He's 22yrs old. He's been on a 450 3 seasons. You act like he's been in the class forever. And Jett is going to be Eli Tomac fast next summer right off the rip? Yeah ok
9/7/2022 6:44pm
SX_336 wrote:

MX Culture wrote:
Hell yeah
motomx88
9/7/2022 6:47pm
SX_336 wrote:

He's 22yrs old. He's been on a 450 3 seasons. You act like he's been in the class forever. And Jett is going to be Eli...
He's 22yrs old. He's been on a 450 3 seasons. You act like he's been in the class forever. And Jett is going to be Eli Tomac fast next summer right off the rip? Yeah ok
That's what they say about all the hot shot rookies moving up. Usually takes some time for them to mature on a 450. Sexton is already there
Searights
9/7/2022 7:05pm
Searights wrote:

I said i was pullng for sexton to win. Learn how to read before you start insulting someone.
Brett,

Please learn how to detect sarcasm.

Thanks in advance!
9/7/2022 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 7:10pm
Wiff3 wrote:
Seems to the case!! Ferrandis straight up smoked these guys last season so look out '23.

Jett, Chase, Dylan it will be epic!
SX_336
9/7/2022 7:34pm
SX_336 wrote:

He's 22yrs old. He's been on a 450 3 seasons. You act like he's been in the class forever. And Jett is going to be Eli...
I wasn’t referring to Jett, BUT you sound like all those people back in 1993 that said MC would take a couple years to get good in the premier class.

I was referring to Ferrandis, AC, Mookie that were all missing this year. Ferrandis is way better outdoors than he is at SX. He will be Chases Eli next year. And Jett may surprise people next year. You never know.
9/7/2022 7:39pm
Over the next ten years it’s gonna be Chase and Jett going at it. Hopefully Honda is smart enough to keep them, and not do what they did to MC after ‘96.
SX_336
9/7/2022 7:45pm
Over the next ten years it’s gonna be Chase and Jett going at it. Hopefully Honda is smart enough to keep them, and not do what...
Over the next ten years it’s gonna be Chase and Jett going at it. Hopefully Honda is smart enough to keep them, and not do what they did to MC after ‘96.
According to Mathis and Blair, it will be Chase that is deciding to leave Honda. According to them, Chase wants to be the Man and he feels like Honda is throwing all their attention to Jett as he is the future at Honda. They said Chase doesn’t like sharing. He wants ALL the attention and focus. I think it was 2 episodes ago on Pulp MX.

https://youtu.be/EWpQr2g4DCM
early
Fantasy
2231st
9/7/2022 7:56pm
It was a great season and we should all be thanking Chase for pushing Tomac into beastmode performances in his last season and not letting Eli run away with it. That's why they line up and race and don't hand out wins on paper.

I was at the Meadow Lands in 2019 when Forkner went out of the race and handed the 250 title to Chase. I was happy Chase got it because I'm not much of a Forkner fan but I did think that he kinda backed into that title. Boy has he proven himself since then!

Anything can happen next year but it's not like he's gonna forget the progression of his riding over the last few years. Can't wait for A1!
Gungadin
9/8/2022 4:51am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2022 4:52am
early wrote:
It was a great season and we should all be thanking Chase for pushing Tomac into beastmode performances in his last season and not letting Eli...
It was a great season and we should all be thanking Chase for pushing Tomac into beastmode performances in his last season and not letting Eli run away with it. That's why they line up and race and don't hand out wins on paper.

I was at the Meadow Lands in 2019 when Forkner went out of the race and handed the 250 title to Chase. I was happy Chase got it because I'm not much of a Forkner fan but I did think that he kinda backed into that title. Boy has he proven himself since then!

Anything can happen next year but it's not like he's gonna forget the progression of his riding over the last few years. Can't wait for A1!
He's done not much. Jett has handed Honda 3 consecutive titles. Chase showed good speed against a waning Tomac but has a serious flaw with his eye work, and race strategy and could not deliver, even riding the HRC 450 which is probably the best MX bike ever made.
Jett has no such issues.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
9/8/2022 5:28am
SX_336 wrote:

Oh great...another "Jett is the fastest 450 rider to have never ridden one" fanboy....give me a break. 450 is VERY different from a 250. Learning to harness the power is why it takes 3 years for guys to finally have it together. Chase finally figured it out (mostly) this outdoor season, he's on year 3. Let Jett race and then start talking. "Believe The Hype" crowds have been dead since 2004 bro.

Post a reply to: Sextons loss Elis gain

The Latest