Sexton vs Webb vs Forkner vs Cianciarulo

mmadd351
8/16/2016 7:27pm
Have any of you followed these boys back in their supermini days? They all rode together. As far as that goes, Cianciarulo dominated the mini's, Forkner dominated after Adam left, and Webb currently dominates the 250 class. Sexton did a swell job at Loretta's, so what are your predictions for this upbringing? They all go way back, but results are not the same anymore.
|
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
8/16/2016 7:38pm
mmadd351 wrote:
Have any of you followed these boys back in their supermini days? They all rode together. As far as that goes, Cianciarulo dominated the mini's, Forkner...
Have any of you followed these boys back in their supermini days? They all rode together. As far as that goes, Cianciarulo dominated the mini's, Forkner dominated after Adam left, and Webb currently dominates the 250 class. Sexton did a swell job at Loretta's, so what are your predictions for this upbringing? They all go way back, but results are not the same anymore.
The group didn't ride much together, some of them never or close to it. There is too much of an age difference. If Sexton ever raced AC or Webb it would have been an exception. I would be surprised if it ever happened.

AC did dominate the class and did win more than not over Webb but it was a rivalry. The results now have definitely flip flopped.

Forkner and Sexton have experience together but the age difference had many years of the two not in the same classes and not racing each other or minimally.
8/16/2016 7:39pm
One or two of them will win championships. One of them will retire early. Another will be consistent top 10 guy.
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
8/16/2016 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2016 9:03pm
I know AC has had a ton of injuries, but it seems like the AC and Webb rivalry is very similar to the Alessi and Poto rivalry. AC and Alessi both dominated while amateurs, both came up and had immediate success. The following year, their rival came up and everything changed.
drt410
5/31/2017 7:54pm
Cianciarulo seemed like his body was lagging behind his talent. He was too fast for how small of a frame he had. Now he has finally hit and finished a growth spurt over the last few years and put on some muscle and now its time to really see him shine on the 250f. He's already shown in last years supercross that he is ready.

The Shop

5/31/2017 8:00pm
AC dominated ams and Webb is killing it in the pros. 2 250 SX championships and 1 mx? Already on a Factory 450
FTB
5/31/2017 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2017 8:06pm
drt410 wrote:
Cianciarulo seemed like his body was lagging behind his talent. He was too fast for how small of a frame he had. Now he has finally...
Cianciarulo seemed like his body was lagging behind his talent. He was too fast for how small of a frame he had. Now he has finally hit and finished a growth spurt over the last few years and put on some muscle and now its time to really see him shine on the 250f. He's already shown in last years supercross that he is ready.
His body wasn't lagging behind. He worked with Aldon Baker who almost starved him to death. All he needed was a good feed to put some muscle on those bones. While he was with Baker he was easily broken. He had no muscle to hold everything together.

Webb is lacking confidence ATM. If you don't believe you're the best, you never will be. He'll come good.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/31/2017 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2017 8:23pm
drt410 wrote:
Cianciarulo seemed like his body was lagging behind his talent. He was too fast for how small of a frame he had. Now he has finally...
Yeah, that was an interesting thing to see happen. It appears he had a consitutional growth delay, even when he first got on big bikes. Then he had that fast and big growth spurt. The bones grew really quick, but things like muscle and tendon's didn't, and the appendeges may have grown at different rates. With that comes awkwardness, less flexibility, increased risk for injury, risk for Osgood-Schlatter, etc. Seemed to set him back some.
block75
6/1/2017 12:51am
I'd like to AC on a 450 I think he would do better than Webb
Acidreamer
6/1/2017 2:44am
Ac bas been injured. And i think aldons program is not good for kids. acs supercross rookie year was really good. I think he comes around this summer or 2018 if he gets a 450 ride. 250s are too slow for someone of his size.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
6/1/2017 5:13am
So what's the deal with Sexton. I was assuming we would see him at the start of outdoors, when is he scheduled to return to racing?
neysbo
6/1/2017 5:18am
yak651 wrote:
So what's the deal with Sexton. I was assuming we would see him at the start of outdoors, when is he scheduled to return to racing?
Should be at High Point, he has been riding alot the last few weeks.
Kanewel433
6/1/2017 7:09am
Acidreamer wrote:
Ac bas been injured. And i think aldons program is not good for kids. acs supercross rookie year was really good. I think he comes around...
Ac bas been injured. And i think aldons program is not good for kids. acs supercross rookie year was really good. I think he comes around this summer or 2018 if he gets a 450 ride. 250s are too slow for someone of his size.
AC weighs 165 soaking wet. If a 250 were "too slow for someone his size" then half the 250 class would be experiencing the same problems he is. Except for this past weekend at Glen Helen, the PC bikes have been fine - he's the one who's under performing.

I'm rooting for him to go to TLD or Red Bull KTM.

Post a reply to: Sexton vs Webb vs Forkner vs Cianciarulo

The Latest