Sexton cutting the track

Edited Date/Time 8/31/2022 4:55am
Any news about sextons little mishap at the top of the hill? It could certainly be argued he technically cut the track but I don't think he gained an advantage
|
FlaNard
8/27/2022 5:47pm
Curious about this as well. I’m cool with just letting the two race straight up at Pala for the title but it wouldn’t surprise me if Chase was penalized.
ProKawi24
8/27/2022 5:49pm
Didn't seem like he gained any advantage, getting a bit caught up in the banner slowed him down enough maybe. I'm hoping there's no penalty so we can go into this final round with just a 1 point difference.
8/27/2022 5:57pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Didn't seem like he gained any advantage, getting a bit caught up in the banner slowed him down enough maybe. I'm hoping there's no penalty so...
Didn't seem like he gained any advantage, getting a bit caught up in the banner slowed him down enough maybe. I'm hoping there's no penalty so we can go into this final round with just a 1 point difference.
I agree, I want to see them race it out and he didn't gain an advantage but he didn't lose time either. The mistake should have cost him time.

I feel like if he beat tomac that moto they would have had to penalize him but since he got second just let it go

The Shop

Gary Duck
8/27/2022 6:03pm
I liked the idea of a 2 second penalty that was floated on the broadcast. Don't know if they were going to really implement it but it only would have mattered if he beat Tomac less than 2 and that didn't happen
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
8/27/2022 6:03pm
I don’t think you can penalize him for that if your the AMA.
Ranman68
8/27/2022 6:09pm
I'm rooting for Tomac, and I still say let it be. Sexton got off the gas and rolled back onto the track slow enough where he didn't gain any advantage. I'd hate to see something like that come into play. May the best man win...even if he winds up being Sexton.
tuttle425
8/27/2022 6:21pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Didn't seem like he gained any advantage, getting a bit caught up in the banner slowed him down enough maybe. I'm hoping there's no penalty so...
The results are official so I don’t think there can be any penalties now.
brimx153
8/27/2022 6:56pm
Imo he should get a penalty. Just feel the whole go off the track ,cut the track ,you should lose time . End of the day he missed a whole corner. This one was nt as bad as some . But it's a rule that needs changing imo.
8/27/2022 7:06pm
Personally I think it should be a 1-2 point penalty. Anytime you make a bad mistake like that and don’t lose time to me it’s an “advantage”. A 1-2 point penalty wouldn’t change the championship in any meaningful way because we all know Eli and chase are going 1-2 the 2 motos next week and if chase won both like he needs to the 1-2 point penalty wouldn’t matter. Just my 2 cents.
8/27/2022 7:23pm
Clearly tried to take the 3 out. Did the same thing to Ferrandis the week before. Wait a minute, wrong guy. Nothing to see here.
8/27/2022 7:35pm
I think there certainly should be a penalty. Very small. He did not gain time. But I don't feel that was intentional. He got out of the mistake as quick as he could and it happen to work out the same distance.

Again a minor penalty (1-2 point maybe). 1-2 point shouldn't effect the championship. cause either way Sexton has to beat tomac both motos to win this thing. If he does that wouldn't matter.

(I am joking in this next example. Settle). When I cut the track on Reflex I always get a penalty. Same thing Tongue jks jks
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/27/2022 7:38pm
I hope the two of you saying 1-2 points mean seconds instead of points. If not, you are plain crazy for thing that deserves a point penalty!
cable
8/27/2022 7:41pm
if anyone else did that, there would be a penalty.
8/27/2022 7:44pm
mmm problem with time penalties, is that they would have to be on the fly not after the race. How do you do that?
8/27/2022 7:47pm
mmm problem with time penalties, is that they would have to be on the fly not after the race. How do you do that?
They could be post race. Say they have a two second penalty, add two seconds after the results. If the time penalty moves you back a spot then you lose the points as well and if it doesn’t then you don’t.

Ps. No chance this sexton mistake should be a penalty but I.do like the idea of timed penalties.
captmoto
8/27/2022 7:50pm
I don't see it as an intentional truck cutting, it was more of a save that took him inside the tree. He gained no advantage from it so no harm, no foul.
Titan1
8/27/2022 7:59pm
I believe if you exit the track for any reason you should have to re enter within a reasonable distance (5 feet? 10 feet?) of where you left.

Leaving the track and NOT losing time (because you cut the corner, or pin it down the road next to the track and skip a jump or whoops) IS an advantage-even if you don’t gain time on, or pass, the rider in front of you…you didn’t lose time-and should be penalized (I’d say a 5 second penalty, if that means you lose a position you also lose points).
8/27/2022 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2022 8:05pm
Personally I think it should be a 1-2 point penalty. Anytime you make a bad mistake like that and don’t lose time to me it’s an...
Personally I think it should be a 1-2 point penalty. Anytime you make a bad mistake like that and don’t lose time to me it’s an “advantage”. A 1-2 point penalty wouldn’t change the championship in any meaningful way because we all know Eli and chase are going 1-2 the 2 motos next week and if chase won both like he needs to the 1-2 point penalty wouldn’t matter. Just my 2 cents.
1-2 points is a position

They had over 32 seconds on 3rd. So you're essentially penalizing him 33 seconds.

You want these guys to push hard and be willing to make mistakes and take risks then you can't have stupid punishments for non incidents. 2 points is a bad precedent to set. Let them race.

davis224
Fantasy
165th
8/27/2022 8:08pm
Ok, penalize him 30 seconds. Same end result, why the formality?
Looby321
8/27/2022 8:08pm
Let the boys race it out, I give zero f@Viks about 6 inches of track being cut at this point….they’re pinned.
8/27/2022 8:09pm
They could be post race. Say they have a two second penalty, add two seconds after the results. If the time penalty moves you back a...
They could be post race. Say they have a two second penalty, add two seconds after the results. If the time penalty moves you back a spot then you lose the points as well and if it doesn’t then you don’t.

Ps. No chance this sexton mistake should be a penalty but I.do like the idea of timed penalties.
Yeah. If they did them. I think maybe they should tell for example Tomac and Sexton on pit boards. "you or he has this penalty". So that way if it were in the 2nd moto, Tomac might than try to push within the time space rather than call it a race after his big mistake.

Cause as we all saw, Tomac had no more attempts after his mistake. so the lead ballooned out. If Sexton were than penalized after the race, its kind of to late.
pennypacker360
Fantasy
2466th
8/27/2022 9:01pm
As it has been said, Sexton had to make a course correction that took him inside a tree, up raised/curbed portion of the track and over a set of banners. How anyone thinks this was an advantage of any kind must not ride. Put an amateur rider in the same scenario and they're clipping the tree with their bars and wrapping up the banners in their rear wheel.

Best racing in years and people are getting their panties in a twist over 2 feet of dirt. It's a big fat zero. Move on.
DKmxFAN
8/27/2022 9:29pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I'm rooting for Tomac, and I still say let it be. Sexton got off the gas and rolled back onto the track slow enough where he...
I'm rooting for Tomac, and I still say let it be. Sexton got off the gas and rolled back onto the track slow enough where he didn't gain any advantage. I'd hate to see something like that come into play. May the best man win...even if he winds up being Sexton.
I like sexton but can he please loose the glasses?
mxridr
8/27/2022 9:36pm
Sexton gained no advantage, however, he clearly cut the track for all to see on live tv.

This really comes down to the rulebook now. If it states cutting the track results in a penalty, then he should be docked a position.

They didn’t have a hard time handing out penalties for multiple riders that jumped a little too high on a red cross flag just recently. Did they gain an advantage for jumping? No. Did they get docked a position? Yep

HusqFan3
8/27/2022 9:39pm
Any news about sextons little mishap at the top of the hill? It could certainly be argued he technically cut the track but I don't think...
Any news about sextons little mishap at the top of the hill? It could certainly be argued he technically cut the track but I don't think he gained an advantage
Thankfully it didn't impact the result but the rule is idiotic. The fact you can big mistake, cut the track, and as long as you don't gain time it's alright when in reality a mistake of that magnitude should translate to at least some time lost.
HusqFan3
8/27/2022 9:42pm
As it has been said, Sexton had to make a course correction that took him inside a tree, up raised/curbed portion of the track and over...
As it has been said, Sexton had to make a course correction that took him inside a tree, up raised/curbed portion of the track and over a set of banners. How anyone thinks this was an advantage of any kind must not ride. Put an amateur rider in the same scenario and they're clipping the tree with their bars and wrapping up the banners in their rear wheel.

Best racing in years and people are getting their panties in a twist over 2 feet of dirt. It's a big fat zero. Move on.
It's not about an advantage so much as it should have translated to a disadvantage yet it didn't. Personally i don't care since thankfully it didn't impact the result.

Post a reply to: Sexton cutting the track

The Latest