Sexton/Bubba

motomike137
Is Chase's association with James causing him to ride over his head so early in his 450 career? Chase seems hellbent on drilling himself into the ground before he accomplishes anything in the premier class.
|
3/26/2021 11:17am
Regardless, it seems like he is over-riding the shit out of that bike.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/26/2021 11:18am
This is common with guys moving up a class. You are hard-wired to ride a 125 or 250F HARD. It takes a while to acclimated to the power of a 450 and it takes time.
kage173
3/26/2021 11:20am
There's only 2 kinds of factory 450 rookies. Flashes of brilliance and miss races. Or roll around top 10 for the first time in their life wondering where it all went wrong.

He'll figure it out.
Kenny Lingus
3/26/2021 11:22am
Sucks to see the guy crash and get hurt so much. I'm worried for him at Southwick, hasn't had much luck in the sand this year.

The Shop

ElliotB16
3/26/2021 11:24am
Seems like most riders struggle their rookie year on the 450.
sandtrack315
3/26/2021 11:29am
Yeah chase totally changed his personality and riding style by getting some pointers from James...
Teej317
Fantasy
2060th
3/26/2021 11:31am
kage173 wrote:
There's only 2 kinds of factory 450 rookies. Flashes of brilliance and miss races. Or roll around top 10 for the first time in their life...
There's only 2 kinds of factory 450 rookies. Flashes of brilliance and miss races. Or roll around top 10 for the first time in their life wondering where it all went wrong.

He'll figure it out.
Except for Dungey of course...
fourfourone
3/26/2021 11:31am
Yeah chase totally changed his personality and riding style by getting some pointers from James...
He's getting more then a few pointers from James.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
3/26/2021 11:36am
Interestingly enough... I don't see it like that at all. I think Chase is the most technically sound rider out there. He has some misses, but when you watch his fast laps in qualy for example, he hits everything perfectly. Downsides, ruts, rhythm's and whoops all exactly as intended. No clipping the tops of jumps, etc. I feel like he isn't reacting when he needs to in the case of a loss of traction coming out of a turn and still trying to hit the full rhythm or powering through a slide and it's costing him.

JMHO
3/26/2021 11:53am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2021 12:00pm
Is Chase having any harder of a time keeping it on 2 wheels than his fellow rookies Mcelrath and Ferrandis?
gt80rider
3/26/2021 12:15pm
ElliotB16 wrote:
Seems like most riders struggle their rookie year on the 450.
absolutely... with only a few exceptions, MC and Dungey being two of them in "modern times"... in the older days, guys like Lechien and Bradshaw showed the old guard what was up .....
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
3/26/2021 12:30pm
Besides his crashes, he’s riding a lot better than I or his team probably expected. I think he’s going to be a contender outdoors. His SX season is on par with almost any past champions first season. James will only make him more confident.
Hank_Thrill
3/26/2021 12:51pm
I totally see your point though and I have thought the exact same thing.

I also believe Chase and James are aiming to race for supercross championships in the future. He is not going to settle being a top ten or top five rider. It blows he has been getting injured and is missing valuable experience laps, but you can see by his actions on the track he is aiming at becoming a supercross champion. I think the sand thing was a fluke and could have easily happened to anyone out there. Anyone remember RC's rookie year? How about Bubba? I hope he can tame it down a bit and get some experience but I can totally see him battling for a title within the next two years.

davistld01
3/26/2021 12:57pm
No Dr. Phil here...but I'm sure being second fiddle on the HRC Honda team with Ken Roczen has to be a little nervy. Expectations are high, pressure is on...and I'm sure it can push a rider to override to make a showing if he's not careful. It's funny that when Chase is "on", he's fast & really smooth...smoother than James was when he was younger, but then out of nowhere, he hits the deck. Weird...but I think stress has something to do with it.

I think he'll figure it out, and be a championship contender in the next year or two...but I just hope he can stay on two wheels the rest of this season.
3/26/2021 1:19pm
crowe660 wrote:
Besides his crashes, he’s riding a lot better than I or his team probably expected. I think he’s going to be a contender outdoors. His SX...
Besides his crashes, he’s riding a lot better than I or his team probably expected. I think he’s going to be a contender outdoors. His SX season is on par with almost any past champions first season. James will only make him more confident.
Wasn't Mathes and crew questioning if he would be a top 10 guy in the Nationals last summer?
motomike137
3/26/2021 3:05pm
Haha I love all the down votes lol. I just didn't expect him to have this much trouble and I really questioned what he did at Daytona when he had just got back. I'm a huge Bubba fan and just wonder if we are seeing a little of James mindset where you go out and blaze and not waste time figuring things out. I hope like heck that he keeps it on two wheels for a while and backs it down just a little.
3/26/2021 3:32pm
davistld01 wrote:
No Dr. Phil here...but I'm sure being second fiddle on the HRC Honda team with Ken Roczen has to be a little nervy. Expectations are high...
No Dr. Phil here...but I'm sure being second fiddle on the HRC Honda team with Ken Roczen has to be a little nervy. Expectations are high, pressure is on...and I'm sure it can push a rider to override to make a showing if he's not careful. It's funny that when Chase is "on", he's fast & really smooth...smoother than James was when he was younger, but then out of nowhere, he hits the deck. Weird...but I think stress has something to do with it.

I think he'll figure it out, and be a championship contender in the next year or two...but I just hope he can stay on two wheels the rest of this season.
I think its the other way around. Pressures all
On ken so chase can do his thing and learn without the pressure. He’s just a rookie and his potential is sky high in my eyes
FalseNeutral
3/27/2021 8:56am
Well, lawn darting on a regular basis is emulating JS7 classic style... there is reason to question the guidance
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/27/2021 9:19am
Looking at where Sexton was two years ago going head to head with Forkner and watching that drama play out to where he is today compared to Forkner is true testament to his development as a rider. I think he will be fine. Speed and talent is there, just needs consistency. He'll figure it out. Future champion in my mind.
motomike137
3/27/2021 12:25pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Looking at where Sexton was two years ago going head to head with Forkner and watching that drama play out to where he is today compared...
Looking at where Sexton was two years ago going head to head with Forkner and watching that drama play out to where he is today compared to Forkner is true testament to his development as a rider. I think he will be fine. Speed and talent is there, just needs consistency. He'll figure it out. Future champion in my mind.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. My post wasn't meant to be one of those hot take posts or to stir shit up. I'm just thinking how solid Chase was last year on the 250 and it just seems like he is just pushing outside the envelope right now. Obviously when he gets it right he has the speed to be up toward the front and it just seems like he needs to do a reset mentally. His time will likely come.
Imabigtymer
3/27/2021 12:47pm
Too think that JS7’s training Sexton is the reasoning behind his mishaps is absurd. Sexton hasn’t Attempted or shown any of JS7 qualities and/or GOAT headline.

He hasn’t hit or done any crazy quads or blitz whoops as JS7.

Till then Sexton is an amazing rider too say least. But too say or think JS7 coaching is causing his mishaps I dont know.

LOVE TO SEE HIM HIT A QUAD OR LINE.... No one else his till I think or assume JS7 has any part of his mishaps
motomike137
3/27/2021 1:05pm
Too think that JS7’s training Sexton is the reasoning behind his mishaps is absurd. Sexton hasn’t Attempted or shown any of JS7 qualities and/or GOAT headline...
Too think that JS7’s training Sexton is the reasoning behind his mishaps is absurd. Sexton hasn’t Attempted or shown any of JS7 qualities and/or GOAT headline.

Till then Sexton is an amazing rider too say least. But too say or think JS7 coaching is causing his mishaps I dont know.

LOVE TO SEE HIM HIT A QUAD OR LINE.... No one else his till I think or assume JS7 has any part of his mishaps
So sending it at Daytona (and slamming his face) his first race back wasn't a little out there?
3/27/2021 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2021 2:02pm
So sending it at Daytona (and slamming his face) his first race back wasn't a little out there?
You’re right dude, I heard James whispered into his ear right before the hot lap:

“Hit it you lil puss, bet u won’t”

And the rest is history, Chase had no free will left and sent that fuckin thing.
motomike137
3/27/2021 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2021 1:54pm
Yeah that's what I was insinuating... not lol. Nice exaggerated hot take response dude.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/27/2021 2:18pm
Too think that JS7’s training Sexton is the reasoning behind his mishaps is absurd. Sexton hasn’t Attempted or shown any of JS7 qualities and/or GOAT headline...

I may be mistaken, but I thought the announcers on RDL said Sexton was the first one to hit one of the tricky quad sections during practice at Arlington 3. But to your point, IMO its a different landscape with bikes and riders these days. You likely won't see stuff like James used to do, because ALL of the riders do it now. No offense to James, but the SX talent has gone way up since his prime days. That's not to diminish James' talent or abilities - he's one of the greatest. The reality is, times have changed. Bikes have changed, riders have changed, tracks have changed.
motomike137
3/27/2021 2:24pm

TbonesPop wrote:
I may be mistaken, but I thought the announcers on RDL said Sexton was the first one to hit one of the tricky quad sections during...
I may be mistaken, but I thought the announcers on RDL said Sexton was the first one to hit one of the tricky quad sections during practice at Arlington 3. But to your point, IMO its a different landscape with bikes and riders these days. You likely won't see stuff like James used to do, because ALL of the riders do it now. No offense to James, but the SX talent has gone way up since his prime days. That's not to diminish James' talent or abilities - he's one of the greatest. The reality is, times have changed. Bikes have changed, riders have changed, tracks have changed.
I agree and I realize I started this thread by intersecting James into the picture. That was meant to be tongue in cheek. My real intention is just to bench race and debate whether Chase should adjust his approach a little bit.

skankhunt69
3/29/2021 6:11am
Sexton was a crasher when he first first turned pro on 250’s he will figure it out.
3/29/2021 10:03am
JS7 probably told him the best way to make up time is it do something no one else is doing, proceed with caution.
mxjon454
3/29/2021 10:25pm
Sexton was a crasher when he first first turned pro on 250’s he will figure it out.
Yup, he broke his femur in his first or second practice session of his first pro supercross. He will be a title contender next year imo.
FalseNeutral
3/30/2021 2:13am
You’re right dude, I heard James whispered into his ear right before the hot lap: “Hit it you lil puss, bet u won’t” And the rest...
You’re right dude, I heard James whispered into his ear right before the hot lap:

“Hit it you lil puss, bet u won’t”

And the rest is history, Chase had no free will left and sent that fuckin thing.
He probably would have been water boarded during the next training week if not.

Post a reply to: Sexton/Bubba

The Latest