Severley Broken Pelvis- getting back in the saddle

rio_ee
Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 3:04pm
First time post, long time visitor. Not here for sympathy but just overall advice. About 3 weeks ago, I took a digger at a local So Cal track while practicing. Ended up breaking my pelvis pretty bad (shattered the left into 7 pieces and sheered off the right side completely from the socket). Also broke 7 lower ribs with minor fractures to my L1-L5, as well as a collapsed lung. Had to be airlifted. Spent 1 week in the ICU, another in the PCU. Currently in a skilled nursing facility. 3 months non weight bearing before I can start rehab/PT.

As one can imagine, the pain had been miserable to say the least. I've broken bones in the past, but nothing this extensive. At 31 years old, I've ridden most my life. Motocross riding has always been my first love. However, laying here thinking how lucky I am to not have landed differently and be paralyzed has caused me to stop and reflect. Part of me wants to jump back on the bike once this is all over and resume. However another part of me wonders if I should hang it up, at least temporarily.

Most people I talk to just say to give up the sport entirely and count my blessings. Personally walking away is not an option. Others say just to tame it down next time. However, I dont see myself putting around (I'm by no means a pro rider, but I can get around a main track decently). My question to you guys is, how did you come back from an injury that genuinely shook you up? And how did you communicate with those people (parents, wife, friends) that were closely affected by your injury your love for riding must continue ?Curious what others have experienced.

|
3/26/2020 8:55am
Tough injury, Rio. It's only been a few weeks and you're already questioning when, or if, you should get back on the bike... that tells me it's in your blood. Like so many of us. To me, commitment is definitely one of the keys to recovery and rehabilitation following an injury. And I know you have it.

I've had 3 motocross related knee surgeries and currently DO NOT have an ACL in my left knee. Doc said to ride a bit and see if I really kneed it. Turns out, not really. In September 2018, I absolutely destroyed my right shoulder and had to wait 4 months to get rotator cuff surgery as my fractured/smashed humerus healed up. No bueno. Was off the bike for 8 months, but I've been back riding since April 2019.

I list those injuries as a way of saying I've been there. Many of us have. Fractured pelvis? No. But my brother-in-law had his femur smash through the socket and it was very ugly for a while. He's back riding, now, too.

Back to commitment. Commit to rehab. Commit to getting to the point where YOU can make the decision. It is yours alone to make (in most cases). Don't let the injury make the decision for you if you can help it. So many injuries make the choice for us. I'm lucky despite my injuries. You may be, too, as you said.

No one can tell you if you SHOULD go back to Moto. Many people said stop riding? How many of those people ride Moto? The ones who do (and you've been riding Moto essentially your whole life, too) know it doesn't always make sense to ride Moto. As Dirty Harry Callahan once said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

We who ride motocross set out to find out where our limitations are almost every weekend. Sometimes we find them suddenly and unexpectedly. Personally, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I wish you the best of luck on the journey to find yours, Rio. Be strong and see you on track in a few months.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/26/2020 8:55am
You are going to have metal in you the rest of your life. I'd take it really, really easy for a long time. Make sure you are healed up enough to run or jog without pain before you get on a bike again. When you do (we all know you will,) don't worry about how fast you are or ever will be; just enjoy it for what it is.

Take it from a slightly older rider (I'm 49,) there is a whole lifetime after 40 for most of us. That life will only partially include motorcycles, and even then not at the same level you once enjoyed. And I've only broken a few small bones! It sucks to hear right now I bet, but you may want to consider all the other sports and fun activities you can get into as well.

A friend of mine broke his hip when we were in our 20s, and he is still affected today. He rides really, really well, but only to a certain speed and then he cuts himself off. That's a good way to do it.

Nice Barona pic in your avatar, BTW. Cool
pete24
3/26/2020 9:23am
I was 37 when I did this in march of 2000, 5 weeks in hospital 3 months on crutches, raced in august never thought about stopping still race today,,,,,,,,,slowly in the 50+ class

7eleven
3/26/2020 9:31am
Sorry to hear this, man. Every injury can be a little different to deal with, but ours are pretty similar.
First and foremost, I was cycling again at 12 weeks. Got back on the dirt bike at 1 year and I wasn’t ready. Waited another year and still didn’t feel like I was ready. Waited 6 more months and gave myself the green light to buy another bike. I’m at 6 years now and my hip is 95%, that’s pretty good.
I can moto still but I keep it around the 80% rule.

Leave your number and I’ll call you sometime soon.

The Shop

Mit12
3/26/2020 9:54am
I have the same scar, spent 3 months in a wheelchair. All is good now. Only you will know when it is time to hang up the boots. Good luck with your recovery.
rio_ee
3/26/2020 10:00am
Appreciate the advice and insight guys. Definitely nice to know others have gone through similar injuries and have made it out well enough to ride again. Time to embrace the rehab and move foward 👍
Indy mxer
3/26/2020 4:05pm
A good riding buddy had the same injury to his pelvis about 8 years ago. He didn't have the other injuries you mentioned. He was about your age when it happened. Like you, he was pretty fast. After it happened he was set on selling out. But as he got feeling better the itch came back.

About a year later he was back out there with us. But not pushing it. He's still fast today, but a more reserved fast if that makes sense. Still loves the sport. Good luck!!
3/27/2020 5:58am
I hope you heal up soon from your very severe injury's, I have been riding 40 years plus & had a few pretty bad breaks myself that pale into insignificance compared to yours.
I say stop riding now its not fair on your wife family & get involved in the sport in other ways, slowly it will work out & you can still enjoy all the aspects of MX just not fast riding anymore.
GCBC
3/27/2020 6:18am
best wishes.
Looks like your in good shape so that will make things easy.
Deff don't sell all your stuff until you ride the first time again, I made that mistake 8months ago...
mattmatt300
3/27/2020 6:23am
If you have a wife this is a decision y’all need to make together. I can only imagine the load this has put on her. At least you don’t have kids I assume. I broke my foot (not moto related) while my wife was pregnant with our first and I thought she was going to murder me. My advice would be to pick up mountain biking if you don’t already and take a couple years off moto then reassess.
brocster
3/27/2020 6:35pm
30 years of riding and 4 months after moving to So Cal I had my worst crash ever. Lots of broken shit and while laying on the ground waiting to get loaded up in the ambulance I told my wife I was done with riding. After about 3 weeks in the hospital and acute rehab I started to consider riding again. I had a plan, sell the 450, but a F/S mtb and when comfortable doing downhills on that, if at all, consider another dirt bike. Initially I thought I was going to go vintage but recovery went well so I considered another modern bike. Wife said no more 450’s so I bought a 125 and gave it a whirl. Low and behold, I am having the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time. The bike limits what you can do and how you ride and it’s laughable but so fun, so light and so predictable. Forget being the fast guy and doing the big jumps and just ride and smile. I am lucky that I can still ride and cherish every single time. Give it the proper time, work hard and you’ll be back. Moto on!!!
rio_ee
3/27/2020 7:20pm
brocster wrote:
30 years of riding and 4 months after moving to So Cal I had my worst crash ever. Lots of broken shit and while laying on...
30 years of riding and 4 months after moving to So Cal I had my worst crash ever. Lots of broken shit and while laying on the ground waiting to get loaded up in the ambulance I told my wife I was done with riding. After about 3 weeks in the hospital and acute rehab I started to consider riding again. I had a plan, sell the 450, but a F/S mtb and when comfortable doing downhills on that, if at all, consider another dirt bike. Initially I thought I was going to go vintage but recovery went well so I considered another modern bike. Wife said no more 450’s so I bought a 125 and gave it a whirl. Low and behold, I am having the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time. The bike limits what you can do and how you ride and it’s laughable but so fun, so light and so predictable. Forget being the fast guy and doing the big jumps and just ride and smile. I am lucky that I can still ride and cherish every single time. Give it the proper time, work hard and you’ll be back. Moto on!!!
This is true and actually brings up a great point about smaller bikes. I think I may need to check my ego at the door. Thanks for that insight.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
3/28/2020 5:37am
brocster wrote:
30 years of riding and 4 months after moving to So Cal I had my worst crash ever. Lots of broken shit and while laying on...
rio_ee wrote:
This is true and actually brings up a great point about smaller bikes. I think I may need to check my ego at the door. Thanks...
This is true and actually brings up a great point about smaller bikes. I think I may need to check my ego at the door. Thanks for that insight.
It's a tough decision with many things to consider. I can only my perspective on a few.

We all need to take care of our women, and do our part for them. That's a balancing act.
I agree with mattmatt300. We all make our own choices, but since your decision affects her as well, it's fair that she has a part in this decision. (Just my opinion here).

I'm 57 and ride a 125. I always have. I can still get hurt, but it sets a limit. If I had a 450, I know I'd use it, especially when racing, and that might not be a good thing (for me).

125's are also a total blast! I like them because of the way they make you ride, all out. It takes total focus to push the bike to its limit (working on that), having to choose good lines, ALWAYS be in the right gear, and keep momentum.

Personally, I rode some while my kids were growing up, and ride now as much as I want and as fast as I want, since they aren't so dependent on me.

Lastly, mountain biking is not selling out. It's a freaking awesome sport!
It doesn't offer the same adrenaline rush as motocross, but it's a really close second as my favorite sport.
I like it almost as much as MX, which surprised me.

Anyway, I wish you the best and hope you heal up quickly.

rio_ee
3/28/2020 6:14am
brocster wrote:
rio_ee wrote:
This is true and actually brings up a great point about smaller bikes. I think I may need to check my ego at the door. Thanks...
Radical wrote:
It's a tough decision with many things to consider. I can only my perspective on a few. We all need to take care of our women...
It's a tough decision with many things to consider. I can only my perspective on a few.

We all need to take care of our women, and do our part for them. That's a balancing act.
I agree with mattmatt300. We all make our own choices, but since your decision affects her as well, it's fair that she has a part in this decision. (Just my opinion here).

I'm 57 and ride a 125. I always have. I can still get hurt, but it sets a limit. If I had a 450, I know I'd use it, especially when racing, and that might not be a good thing (for me).

125's are also a total blast! I like them because of the way they make you ride, all out. It takes total focus to push the bike to its limit (working on that), having to choose good lines, ALWAYS be in the right gear, and keep momentum.

Personally, I rode some while my kids were growing up, and ride now as much as I want and as fast as I want, since they aren't so dependent on me.

Lastly, mountain biking is not selling out. It's a freaking awesome sport!
It doesn't offer the same adrenaline rush as motocross, but it's a really close second as my favorite sport.
I like it almost as much as MX, which surprised me.

Anyway, I wish you the best and hope you heal up quickly.

Thanks Radical. I agree. I need to respect my lady and those who are directly affected by my accident. I've learned it's a bit selfish on my part to 'send it' or take unnecessary chances without thinking about the repercussions on others.

Lately I've been considering more and more smaller bikes. Having that limiter can help govern my riding. At the end of the day, learning better rider maturity on my part will be part of my recovery and me ultimately getting back on the bike. Mountain biking will definitely be something I am going explore more of. Thanks for the advice!

3/28/2020 8:47am
Talk to Troy Lee, horrible pelvic shatter in 2014 I think. He's come back quite well for a dude almost 60, rides MTB every day now.
davermz450
3/28/2020 12:43pm
I am 4 month post busting both my heels and neck in the worst crash so far. Im 29 and very similar, small bone breaks and what not this one was "the one". 3 weeks prior to my crash my wife and I bought a 600k dental office ( both of us are dentists).... She was livid at first! No more bike ever kind of talks. I sat in bed/wheelchair for 2 months and was scared shitless of getting back on a bike. I started to look into SxS and put the bike up for sale. It was a terrible 2 months, a couple break downs of not knowing if I would ever stand again, work again, live a normal life. I was losing it! Now I can walk okay for short distances and some days are better than others. I sold the bike I crashed on and picked up a RM 125 as a compromise with myself and my wife. I decided no more moto and desert/trails only.

My best advice, please read this.
1: get off the pills ASAP. I can tell you both side as a provider who can prescribe narcotics and a patient who used them get the hell away from those things. Remember, pain is part of the process but suffering is not. Toradol and tylenol is the best combo. Toradol is controversial in for these kind of injuries. As your doc
2: Hit physical therapy like a banshee. DO NOT get lazy at PT. Get back in the gym ASAP too.

rio_ee
3/28/2020 5:33pm
davermz450 wrote:
I am 4 month post busting both my heels and neck in the worst crash so far. Im 29 and very similar, small bone breaks and...
I am 4 month post busting both my heels and neck in the worst crash so far. Im 29 and very similar, small bone breaks and what not this one was "the one". 3 weeks prior to my crash my wife and I bought a 600k dental office ( both of us are dentists).... She was livid at first! No more bike ever kind of talks. I sat in bed/wheelchair for 2 months and was scared shitless of getting back on a bike. I started to look into SxS and put the bike up for sale. It was a terrible 2 months, a couple break downs of not knowing if I would ever stand again, work again, live a normal life. I was losing it! Now I can walk okay for short distances and some days are better than others. I sold the bike I crashed on and picked up a RM 125 as a compromise with myself and my wife. I decided no more moto and desert/trails only.

My best advice, please read this.
1: get off the pills ASAP. I can tell you both side as a provider who can prescribe narcotics and a patient who used them get the hell away from those things. Remember, pain is part of the process but suffering is not. Toradol and tylenol is the best combo. Toradol is controversial in for these kind of injuries. As your doc
2: Hit physical therapy like a banshee. DO NOT get lazy at PT. Get back in the gym ASAP too.

Thanks for the tips, I couldn't agree more. I had a chance to speak to 7eleven and getting off the opioids is going to be my first priority. Those pain killers just do a number to one's system and can be addicting if taken too long. Disciplining myself to do PT on a regular basis is going to be another major part of my rehab. RM125 is an awesome bike 👍
rio_ee
3/28/2020 5:40pm
Tough injury, Rio. It's only been a few weeks and you're already questioning when, or if, you should get back on the bike... that tells me...
Tough injury, Rio. It's only been a few weeks and you're already questioning when, or if, you should get back on the bike... that tells me it's in your blood. Like so many of us. To me, commitment is definitely one of the keys to recovery and rehabilitation following an injury. And I know you have it.

I've had 3 motocross related knee surgeries and currently DO NOT have an ACL in my left knee. Doc said to ride a bit and see if I really kneed it. Turns out, not really. In September 2018, I absolutely destroyed my right shoulder and had to wait 4 months to get rotator cuff surgery as my fractured/smashed humerus healed up. No bueno. Was off the bike for 8 months, but I've been back riding since April 2019.

I list those injuries as a way of saying I've been there. Many of us have. Fractured pelvis? No. But my brother-in-law had his femur smash through the socket and it was very ugly for a while. He's back riding, now, too.

Back to commitment. Commit to rehab. Commit to getting to the point where YOU can make the decision. It is yours alone to make (in most cases). Don't let the injury make the decision for you if you can help it. So many injuries make the choice for us. I'm lucky despite my injuries. You may be, too, as you said.

No one can tell you if you SHOULD go back to Moto. Many people said stop riding? How many of those people ride Moto? The ones who do (and you've been riding Moto essentially your whole life, too) know it doesn't always make sense to ride Moto. As Dirty Harry Callahan once said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

We who ride motocross set out to find out where our limitations are almost every weekend. Sometimes we find them suddenly and unexpectedly. Personally, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I wish you the best of luck on the journey to find yours, Rio. Be strong and see you on track in a few months.
Thanks for the great advice bud. It's definitely going to be an interesting journey back but I'm looking forward to getting after it. Dirty Harry did say it best!
hubbardmx50
3/28/2020 5:49pm
Rio, that is gnarly. Heal up quick! As for advice on the injury I can't exactly relate (knock on wood) but I hope to see you back out at the tracks. Sounds like the consensus with everyone in here with similar injuries is go off of your gut instinct. Nobody has the right answer but you. Cole Seely's injury was very similar from what I saw, obviously he retired from Professional racing but he is still able to ride very well. Good Luck with everything.

PS not that it matters but what track did it happen at?
rio_ee
3/28/2020 6:38pm
Rio, that is gnarly. Heal up quick! As for advice on the injury I can't exactly relate (knock on wood) but I hope to see you...
Rio, that is gnarly. Heal up quick! As for advice on the injury I can't exactly relate (knock on wood) but I hope to see you back out at the tracks. Sounds like the consensus with everyone in here with similar injuries is go off of your gut instinct. Nobody has the right answer but you. Cole Seely's injury was very similar from what I saw, obviously he retired from Professional racing but he is still able to ride very well. Good Luck with everything.

PS not that it matters but what track did it happen at?
Thanks bud, I appreciate the encouragement! These injuries are never planned but as you said it's ultimately up to the individual what path one chooses. My accident happened on the main track at Pala (Fox Raceway).
sc961
3/29/2020 9:20am
Listen to your docs and especially the PT peeps. They are your long term lifetime. Do you have any nerve damage? Our left side injuries are very similar.
Outside of the bone healing, and strength building, nerve damage down my leg, ankle and foot have created lingering issue. Been racing since 1976. This happened in on 2016. Still on the bike, but not in the same capacity as prior too.
Good luck with your recovery. Count on and appreciate your support systems. Lastly, don’t rush through any part of your next few months.
rio_ee
3/29/2020 10:18am
sc961 wrote:
Listen to your docs and especially the PT peeps. They are your long term lifetime. Do you have any nerve damage? Our left side injuries are...
Listen to your docs and especially the PT peeps. They are your long term lifetime. Do you have any nerve damage? Our left side injuries are very similar.
Outside of the bone healing, and strength building, nerve damage down my leg, ankle and foot have created lingering issue. Been racing since 1976. This happened in on 2016. Still on the bike, but not in the same capacity as prior too.
Good luck with your recovery. Count on and appreciate your support systems. Lastly, don’t rush through any part of your next few months.
Appreciate it. In terms of nerve pain, I definitely have some down my left leg through to my foot and toes. Cant flex my left foot at the ankle or bend my toes up yet. I'm hoping its temporary and not connected to my damaged L1-L5.
sc961
3/29/2020 11:37am
Nerve issues. Docs don’t have a clear line of vision for this. Mine was down my entire outside leg, significant from calf to my toes. Mostly ankle and top of foot. Swelling was bad for a long time. I’m 3.5 years post surgery. Have issues ankle/foot but not terrible. Shifting isn’t precise, but waking, jogging and so on is decent. Lots of rehab, and strengthening areas around the nerve damage. There’s minimal improvement as I go. Stamina is another shortcoming, but I’m going with some of that could be age related. 💁🏼‍♂️
rio_ee
3/29/2020 12:02pm
sc961 wrote:
Nerve issues. Docs don’t have a clear line of vision for this. Mine was down my entire outside leg, significant from calf to my toes. Mostly...
Nerve issues. Docs don’t have a clear line of vision for this. Mine was down my entire outside leg, significant from calf to my toes. Mostly ankle and top of foot. Swelling was bad for a long time. I’m 3.5 years post surgery. Have issues ankle/foot but not terrible. Shifting isn’t precise, but waking, jogging and so on is decent. Lots of rehab, and strengthening areas around the nerve damage. There’s minimal improvement as I go. Stamina is another shortcoming, but I’m going with some of that could be age related. 💁🏼‍♂️
The issues you are describing is almost exactly what I am feeling. My left ankle, foot and toes cant move and it feels like numbness with some feeling of pins and needles. My left foot has been swelling pretty bad, as if it were almost broken. This past week has seen the swelling increase to the point they did an ultrasound to rule out any blood clots.
captmoto
3/29/2020 1:15pm
sc961 wrote:
Listen to your docs and especially the PT peeps. They are your long term lifetime. Do you have any nerve damage? Our left side injuries are...
Get with the right PT. Maybe try to find the PT of the stars. Most medical professionals have a knee jerk "NO" reaction to riding again. I broke my foot in 2008 and was non weight bearing for 3 months and out of work for 5-1/2 months. It got dicey financially but I got through it. I am completely blessed to have a wife that told me from the beginning that it was up to me if I wanted to ride again. I wasn't sure I did but bought an 05 CR250 in 09 to test the waters. I rode off and on but knew I went from slow to really slow but it didn't matter. I didn't know what else to do with myself. In 2017 I bought a Husky FC450. In 18 I had a knee replacement. I had a great PT guy that worked with pro athletes in soccer, football, baseball and the Mace brothers if anyone remembers them. The only reason he didn't want me riding was he thought I still needed more strength conditioning. I'm still slow as hell and don't even remember the last time I passed someone on a practice day. but I really wouldn't now what to do with myself with having a bike. Take your time, no judgement at all from me if you quit.
rio_ee
3/29/2020 1:28pm
sc961 wrote:
captmoto wrote:
Get with the right PT. Maybe try to find the PT of the stars. Most medical professionals have a knee jerk "NO" reaction to riding again...
Get with the right PT. Maybe try to find the PT of the stars. Most medical professionals have a knee jerk "NO" reaction to riding again. I broke my foot in 2008 and was non weight bearing for 3 months and out of work for 5-1/2 months. It got dicey financially but I got through it. I am completely blessed to have a wife that told me from the beginning that it was up to me if I wanted to ride again. I wasn't sure I did but bought an 05 CR250 in 09 to test the waters. I rode off and on but knew I went from slow to really slow but it didn't matter. I didn't know what else to do with myself. In 2017 I bought a Husky FC450. In 18 I had a knee replacement. I had a great PT guy that worked with pro athletes in soccer, football, baseball and the Mace brothers if anyone remembers them. The only reason he didn't want me riding was he thought I still needed more strength conditioning. I'm still slow as hell and don't even remember the last time I passed someone on a practice day. but I really wouldn't now what to do with myself with having a bike. Take your time, no judgement at all from me if you quit.
Sound advice. I think quality PT and getting after it hard is going to be one of the keys for me making a successful recovery. Riding is in my blood. Learning the 80% rule is going to be key. I love the FC450s, they're great bikes! As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters 👍
sc961
3/29/2020 3:54pm
rio_ee wrote:
The issues you are describing is almost exactly what I am feeling. My left ankle, foot and toes cant move and it feels like numbness with...
The issues you are describing is almost exactly what I am feeling. My left ankle, foot and toes cant move and it feels like numbness with some feeling of pins and needles. My left foot has been swelling pretty bad, as if it were almost broken. This past week has seen the swelling increase to the point they did an ultrasound to rule out any blood clots.
As long as your surgeon did his job, your foot might be more troublesome long term. I didn’t have an injury to my foot, but this is what it looked like for probably 6-8 months.

I was whining to my surgeon about the shooting pain and swelling early on during the recovery process. He said I need to be worried when the pain stops. That means the healing has stopped as well. Put some perspective on it. You’ll need something for the nerve pain, along with all the other pain meds. I was on gabapentin “2700mg/day” for a while. Got off all the other pain meds relatively quick, but the nerve issues were longer standing. Good luck. DM if you’d like to discuss anything during your recovery. Don’t be afraid to lean on the people around you. You’re gonna need that support.
rio_ee
3/29/2020 6:02pm
rio_ee wrote:
The issues you are describing is almost exactly what I am feeling. My left ankle, foot and toes cant move and it feels like numbness with...
sc961 wrote:
As long as your surgeon did his job, your foot might be more troublesome long term. I didn’t have an injury to my foot, but this...
As long as your surgeon did his job, your foot might be more troublesome long term. I didn’t have an injury to my foot, but this is what it looked like for probably 6-8 months.

I was whining to my surgeon about the shooting pain and swelling early on during the recovery process. He said I need to be worried when the pain stops. That means the healing has stopped as well. Put some perspective on it. You’ll need something for the nerve pain, along with all the other pain meds. I was on gabapentin “2700mg/day” for a while. Got off all the other pain meds relatively quick, but the nerve issues were longer standing. Good luck. DM if you’d like to discuss anything during your recovery. Don’t be afraid to lean on the people around you. You’re gonna need that support.
It's amazing how similar my condition is to yours. As you mentioned, I also have pains running down my left leg with a foot almost as swollen as yours once was. Currently on gabapentin. I'm concerned about the nerve damage and if this will be long term. The surgeon originally told me it was because I had stretched some of the nerves when I displaced my pelvis. I'm hoping this is temporary and with PT I can get back close to where it was. I'll dm you with some more questions. Thanks for reaching out and providing insight.
Looby321
3/29/2020 6:45pm
Whole lot of nope. I miss Moto, but I have other things in my life that interest me as well. I still keep up to date on everything Moto. The itch is always there, but these days I have a family to provide for and if I was unable to, I don’t even want to think of how my girls would suffer. I still have all of my gear, circa ‘08. Injuries like this change how most think, but there are the select few that have balls too big for mere mortals to carry around. They get back on the horse that bit em and for that, I salute.
rio_ee
3/30/2020 8:58am
Totally understand. I think priorities change when you have a family and I dont fault anyone for taking a step back to focus on family. I'm at the point in my life where kids are probably in the near future. Having this accident while having children, wife, mortgage, etc would be more stressful to say the least.

Post a reply to: Severley Broken Pelvis- getting back in the saddle

The Latest