Severed map switch wire fc450

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2018 10:00 PM

Just picked up an fc450 2016 and I noticed that the wires to the map switch on the handlebar were about to come off. Well one was already off and the other one fell off while I was putting new bars on, anyhow looks like only two wires a white and a black, and the switch has 3 prongs. I was wondering if anybody could tell me which wire goes where. Be nice if I knew somebody with the same bike I could just look at. Should be able to solder them back

|

4/6/2018 11:28 PM

My 2016 Fc350 switched ripped apart at the map switch also. It will still run fine just can't change maps. Mine came apart right where they went in couldn't really salvage it. Had to buy a new one.

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

4/7/2018 12:01 AM

Ubtg wrote:

Just picked up an fc450 2016 and I noticed that the wires to the map switch on the handlebar were about to come off. Well one was already off and the other one fell off while I was putting new bars on, anyhow looks like only two wires a white and a black, and the switch has 3 prongs. I was wondering if anybody could tell me which wire goes where. Be nice if I knew somebody with the same bike I could just look at. Should be able to solder them back

Black wire is under the two dash position closest to you if you are on the bike and the white wire is in the middle.

|

4/7/2018 12:05 AM

Also keep an eye on the white plug behind the numberplate. Those wires can come lose and your bike wont start.

|

4/7/2018 7:38 AM

Thanks alot fellas.

|

4/7/2018 7:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 7:46 AM

Bennett59 wrote:

My 2016 Fc350 switched ripped apart at the map switch also. It will still run fine just can't change maps. Mine came apart right where they went in couldn't really salvage it. Had to buy a new one.

The prongs are still intact on my switch. its seems the wires were just soldered on in the first place. i didnt see any evidence of female spade connectors or anything like that, how did you install your new switch? Thanks again for the help!

|

3/9/2019 9:00 PM

My 2 mapping wires on my 2016 fc450 have come loose and now the bike wont start, would anyone on this thread be able to help me fix the problem?

|

3/9/2019 10:44 PM

Quinn_Leigh24 wrote:

My 2 mapping wires on my 2016 fc450 have come loose and now the bike wont start, would anyone on this thread be able to help me fix the problem?

Has nothing to do with the bar switch. I’ve removed my switch on my 2016.

Check the switch behind the number plate and all other electrical connections.

|

3/9/2019 11:06 PM

Quinn_Leigh24 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Are you sure about this? Because i cant find any other electrical damage anywhere

|

3/10/2019 7:29 AM

Quinn_Leigh24 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Quinn_Leigh24 wrote:

Are you sure about this? Because i cant find any other electrical damage anywhere

I ripped my map switch off on my 16 as well and still ran fine. I’m assuming you had the condenser recall done that was a issue with the 16s as well. I would check the fuse under the seat. Mine wouldn’t start after bogging out and it was bad connection on a plug from the factory was not pushed all the way in.

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

3/10/2019 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 8:11 AM

Quinn_Leigh24 wrote:

Check the connector behind the number plate.

|

3/10/2019 11:33 AM

I have two 16s and both map switches were ripped off during Arenacross. Pretty simple repair. I cut the sealant off the switch and revealed the three prongs coming out of the switch. Scored some m/c tail light wires and the connectors slid right on. Soldered up the new wires with the connectors on them and shrink wrapped. Then covered the exposed connectors with black RTV. A new switch from KTM is $150.

|