Seven Deuce Deuce Segment

Starcrossed
2/14/2016 12:01pm
I don't think anybody is bagging on Enticknap, as much as commenting on how the segment complemented, or detracted from the broadcast ratings and audience appeal. Well, maybe one poster back on page 1.
mxb2
2/14/2016 12:32pm
When you're trying to plead about how tough you had it doing manual labor to survive, you might wanna leave out the fact that it was...
When you're trying to plead about how tough you had it doing manual labor to survive, you might wanna leave out the fact that it was for daddy's company and also not show your private supercross track, just saying.
wydopen wrote:
Thats Castillo Ranch..not his private supercross track...although the outdoor track they showed is...
jhansen510 wrote:
Was just going to chime in and say this! A bobcat and small amount of land equates to huge success? Mxb2- He is not a struggling...
Was just going to chime in and say this! A bobcat and small amount of land equates to huge success?

Mxb2- He is not a struggling privateer? I bet you his income does not exceed his expenses by more than 25k a year. I don't know about any of you but I could not go 3-4 months on that income.
Struggling, imo, racing one coast,on a pretty stock bike, no practice bikes, anyone racing dirt bikes is not hurting for money was my point. If he has sponsors, people paying his bills. Good on him. All that music equipment cd buy alot of fuel and tires. Lol. Living at home i doubt he has bills, but i dont know. Of course 25k wont support a family, kids, bills etc.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
2/14/2016 12:40pm
Havent read all the replies, so if this already been said I apologize.
Everyone always complains that there isnt enough exposure (money) for the privateers. So FS1 goes out of there way to do a profile on a legit privateer, and the first page of this thread is people bitching? There is no way to make motocross fans happy, for the "toughest sport on earth" it sure does have the softest fans
JM485
2/14/2016 2:50pm
mxb2 wrote:
I like the guy, but a struggling privateer he is not.
Yes, I'm sure he's driving a ford ranger with no radio and riding a bone stock crf450 just because he wants to.Pinch Come on dude, do you ever have anything nice to say or do you just enjoy putting guys down when you don't know a damn thing about them?

The Shop

JohnnyD13
2/14/2016 4:02pm
I think if the people bitching about the segment or Adam were to go meet him in the pits, you would not have a problem with this. Trust me. The real world is pretty cool once you get out away from your computer.
Tonynz
2/14/2016 5:10pm
I was not going to waste my time commenting on some of the posts, but I will.
I am a 50 year old racer and fan, more into country music then rap.
A few months ago Tyler Enticknap sent me a friend request on FB, I thought this was cool, so starting chatting a bit, I told him we were coming over for a couple of weeks in January to watch A2 and Oakland SX and do a couple of days riding.
At A2 my son and I meet up with Tyler and Adam and had a great chat, I got a signed Jersey from Tyler.
The next day we went riding at Milestone, afterwards we were talking about Adam's Moto 7 song, (the friend we were with had not heard the song) so we listened to it on the drive back to hotel.
Tuesday we went riding at Lake Elisnore (on vets track), parked where everyone else was parked. I got got out and we were parked beside Adam and Tyler, they remembered who we were so chatted for awhile told Adam about listening to his song the day before. Adam said once you guys get your gear on do you want a photo together.
We went did a hour or so riding on Vets track, then went and watch the pros on the SX track, once Adam had finished a couple of moto's he called us over and we got the photo.
On to Oakland, we were waiting for the gates to open, where we bumped into Tyler, once again chatted for a bit. After practice we went and saw Adam, he gave us the Jersey he had worn in practice (signed).
Was gutted when I heard he had broken his femur during the week.
When I heard at the beginning of the SX broadcast they were going to feature Adam, I new he deserved it.
Adam and Tyler also feature in the April issue of Racer X magazine in the "2 Tribes " section.

Adam as well as Tyler are 2 of the nicest guys in the pits and you can go and chat with them at any time.

Spydee
2/15/2016 1:48am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 1:48am
I can't be arsed reading more than half a page worth of replies as it's just making me want to smash my face against my keyboard, but I personally was stoked for Adam to get the segment, and a lot of you need to chill the fuck out and stop being a bunch of twats if you're actually complaining about it. End of.
Claerhout
Fantasy
363rd
2/15/2016 3:58am
The dude loves to ride and race while having a good time not taking himself too seriously. All you uptights might need to take a lesson here...

Blake Wharton doesnt get hate for going the rock n roll route. He got features too because he had other talents to showcase to a broad audience. Just because you dont like rap doesnt make it any different. He may not be the best rider or rapper, but would you have him quit, give up, and feel sorry for himself and go back to a regular job? Why?!
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
2/15/2016 8:12am
Great segment! It was nice they gave a true privateer some air time!
2/15/2016 8:45am
It's easier to have a watch party. Tv on mute. Been working at my house and friends that way for the whole season. There's no valuable content on fs1. Especially flash backing during the main. Do it somewhere else.
Celine
2/15/2016 8:50am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 8:51am
MMCDan wrote:
How about a segment on someone that has busted their ass and got a real education while racing? Or someone that does some meaningful volunteer/community service...
How about a segment on someone that has busted their ass and got a real education while racing? Or someone that does some meaningful volunteer/community service work in their off time? I'd prefer hearing about that over a story about a "nice guy" who can split cases and does horrible things with Abelton.
I agree. I fast forward through fluff pieces like that. The same way I fast forward through the mind numbing Jenny Taft bit where she talks about Twitter tweets and other nonsense she talks about. It is clear that the production is not aimed at motocross enthusiasts - e.g., guys who ride and race. This is a broadcast that is dumbed down for people who are ignorant about the sport. You and I are not their target audience.

And now I even find myself fast forwarding through the actual races!

I can't wait for the World Motocross GPs and outdoor nationals to start.

Celine
2/15/2016 8:57am
It's easier to have a watch party. Tv on mute. Been working at my house and friends that way for the whole season. There's no valuable...
It's easier to have a watch party. Tv on mute. Been working at my house and friends that way for the whole season. There's no valuable content on fs1. Especially flash backing during the main. Do it somewhere else.
I agree. There is a lot that we could learn about the sport and the people involved, but the production does not teach us anything new. It is just mindless fluff.

Some people on the thread about the new TV show Chasing the Dream said that they learned more about pro motocross and were more entertained by that TV show than they were by following the actual races.

I think that TV show seems to target and appeal to the type of people who post on this forum, but the supercross broadcasts don't.
2/15/2016 5:04pm
Tonynz wrote:
I was not going to waste my time commenting on some of the posts, but I will. I am a 50 year old racer and fan...
I was not going to waste my time commenting on some of the posts, but I will.
I am a 50 year old racer and fan, more into country music then rap.
A few months ago Tyler Enticknap sent me a friend request on FB, I thought this was cool, so starting chatting a bit, I told him we were coming over for a couple of weeks in January to watch A2 and Oakland SX and do a couple of days riding.
At A2 my son and I meet up with Tyler and Adam and had a great chat, I got a signed Jersey from Tyler.
The next day we went riding at Milestone, afterwards we were talking about Adam's Moto 7 song, (the friend we were with had not heard the song) so we listened to it on the drive back to hotel.
Tuesday we went riding at Lake Elisnore (on vets track), parked where everyone else was parked. I got got out and we were parked beside Adam and Tyler, they remembered who we were so chatted for awhile told Adam about listening to his song the day before. Adam said once you guys get your gear on do you want a photo together.
We went did a hour or so riding on Vets track, then went and watch the pros on the SX track, once Adam had finished a couple of moto's he called us over and we got the photo.
On to Oakland, we were waiting for the gates to open, where we bumped into Tyler, once again chatted for a bit. After practice we went and saw Adam, he gave us the Jersey he had worn in practice (signed).
Was gutted when I heard he had broken his femur during the week.
When I heard at the beginning of the SX broadcast they were going to feature Adam, I new he deserved it.
Adam and Tyler also feature in the April issue of Racer X magazine in the "2 Tribes " section.

Adam as well as Tyler are 2 of the nicest guys in the pits and you can go and chat with them at any time.

That's an awesome story, Tonynz. That would've been a trip highlight for sure. Hope the rest of your trip was just as good.
Camp332
2/15/2016 5:58pm
I am old and I like The Deuce Deuce yo!
vetmxr
2/15/2016 6:16pm
MMCDan wrote:
How about a segment on someone that has busted their ass and got a real education while racing? Or someone that does some meaningful volunteer/community service...
How about a segment on someone that has busted their ass and got a real education while racing? Or someone that does some meaningful volunteer/community service work in their off time? I'd prefer hearing about that over a story about a "nice guy" who can split cases and does horrible things with Abelton.
Celine wrote:
I agree. I fast forward through fluff pieces like that. The same way I fast forward through the mind numbing Jenny Taft bit where she talks...
I agree. I fast forward through fluff pieces like that. The same way I fast forward through the mind numbing Jenny Taft bit where she talks about Twitter tweets and other nonsense she talks about. It is clear that the production is not aimed at motocross enthusiasts - e.g., guys who ride and race. This is a broadcast that is dumbed down for people who are ignorant about the sport. You and I are not their target audience.

And now I even find myself fast forwarding through the actual races!

I can't wait for the World Motocross GPs and outdoor nationals to start.

Its funny you say that.....here's my routine......I dvr it and wait for 1 full hour until i start watching it from the beginning. I fast forward through everything that isn't racing....( I did watch the 722 segment because I like his ways..) basically as soon as the checkers fly I fast forward till I see guys on the line again. If I wait a full hour it usually works out that I get to live TV just before the mains start so I get the important stuff live. I can't stand to sit through the fluff, which is what everything before the gate drops is in my opinion.

I've also been known to rewind a certain section where something really cool happened over enough times that my wifey has to tell me to stop doing it....Smile God I love this sport.
Flynn842
2/15/2016 8:41pm
Do we really need to see another segment on short? I'm sure it's been done multiple times, I can give a shit about the dung wanting egg whites and calling 411 to get a date, or people training with baker, canards injury list that just keeps growing. Or Kenny's journey from Germany and leaving baker to train with daddy. How many times do we need to hear about Anderson eating chipotle? The story lines are played out. Bring on more segments on the guys we don't constantly have being shoved in our face by ol Ralphy and fro. If you want a segment on guys with education they should do one on the guy who got his bike stolen at a2. I think he has a degree in mechanical engineering and is a plumber.
mxb2
2/15/2016 8:46pm
Flynn842 wrote:
Do we really need to see another segment on short? I'm sure it's been done multiple times, I can give a shit about the dung wanting...
Do we really need to see another segment on short? I'm sure it's been done multiple times, I can give a shit about the dung wanting egg whites and calling 411 to get a date, or people training with baker, canards injury list that just keeps growing. Or Kenny's journey from Germany and leaving baker to train with daddy. How many times do we need to hear about Anderson eating chipotle? The story lines are played out. Bring on more segments on the guys we don't constantly have being shoved in our face by ol Ralphy and fro. If you want a segment on guys with education they should do one on the guy who got his bike stolen at a2. I think he has a degree in mechanical engineering and is a plumber.
Agreed. But the top dudes have earned the right for more tv time imo. I agree with you on certain things, maybe change it everyweek, one week factory guy, privateer, mechanic, rig driver. Etc.
JeepnMike
2/15/2016 9:43pm
When you're trying to plead about how tough you had it doing manual labor to survive, you might wanna leave out the fact that it was...
When you're trying to plead about how tough you had it doing manual labor to survive, you might wanna leave out the fact that it was for daddy's company and also not show your private supercross track, just saying.
hvaughn88 wrote:
Perhaps you should leave your opinion about that to yourself. I can't speak for him, but I can speak from personal experience that the toughest boss...
Perhaps you should leave your opinion about that to yourself. I can't speak for him, but I can speak from personal experience that the toughest boss I ever had was my dad. The toughest coach I ever had was my dad. Just because someone works for "daddy's company" doesn't mean they are treated easier. In some cases, it's quite the opposite
Not to mention, all small business owner's are rich too right? Laughing Anybody who assumes Adam was fed with silver spoons because his dad owns a fencing company and owns a chunk of land is certifiably an idiot.

I agree with you too about working for your father and how difficult that is. My father owns a company as well an working for him when I was younger taught me plenty.

40Plus_922mx
2/15/2016 11:49pm
If you don't know 722 (98%of the viewing public) then the segment made no sense. And came off lame.
If you know him it was appropriate.
Tonynz
2/16/2016 12:07am
My son, just told me to stop reading this thread,and ranting about it as I will get brain cancer,
peelout
2/16/2016 10:21am
i thought the segment was funny and a good change from the "hey I'm (factory rider here) and i'm amazing at everything and donate all my money to (enter charity here)"

and his segment on Moto7 is hilarious. hubba bubba lol get's me every time.

good luck to the dude healing up
mb60
2/16/2016 10:38am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2016 10:38am
I thought the segment was great and not sure why some people take it so serious. He seems like a good dude and likes to have fun. He seems to try really hard at racing but let's be real. He is always going to struggle to make the mains. But rapping is something fun with him also and I bet he does not take that real serious either. Looks like he is young and having fun to me.

Post a reply to: Seven Deuce Deuce Segment

The Latest