Seven Deuce Deuce Segment

Starcrossed
Edited Date/Time 2/16/2016 10:38am
This topic generated some lively debate in the race thread and opinions varied widely. I felt that a segment on a rider who featured more prominently in the racing, or would at least be a part of the nite program, might be more suitable. Perhaps a segment on the military themed bikes, or a rider returning from injury would have been a good alternative. How about a segment on Short, a very popular veteran who will be retiring this year, or Weimer, who has recently been upgraded to a factory ride after returning from a devastating injury. Some posters felt that the segment was not conducive to attracting casual fans to the sport. What do you guys think?
|
2/14/2016 3:41am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 3:43am
I don't think any of those segments will attract fans. Though I do not like rap, look at my profile pic and you'll get that, the casual younger fan likely does and may have been interested in that segment. Hopefully the next segment will focus more on racing.
Today the Living the Dream Supercross series will debut on fox sports 1 - will be lucky if it's improved over the past series ever since Feld dropped Adamitis from producing the Behind The Dream series...
Motofinne
2/14/2016 3:42am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 3:47am
I haven't seen the segment since i watch all the races on offroadvideos.org.

But, to have a segment for a rider that makes only a small amount of the mains every year is a bit controversial. Adam is a great guy but doesn't he already get maximum amount of coverage when you consider his results and ability? But it's always nice to see that a privateer gets attention.

I agree with the OP. A segment with Short would have been perfect. Or Weimer that is finally on a good path after a few years of struggling.
slipdog
2/14/2016 5:25am
My wife said "who the fuck is that?"

I stumbled to find a way to explain he was part of a new social media generation of racers that are popular because of reasons other than their racing results. She thought it was some kind of SNL parody joke...

After she asked "Did the white rapper dude make the main?"
NATEP231
2/14/2016 5:45am
Then you all obviously missed the point. Seven duece duece is the people's champ. Period. He is one of the nicest guys in the pits and bust his ass (for a quarter of the price). Not only have I witnessed but you hear it from people that are at the races that Adam is the nicest guy in the pits every weekend. So before we go looking at a person solely on his results take a step back, dust off your cranky ass old people ways, and take in some Seven duece duece. I mean for fucks sake the guy made a main event this year back the hell off. Or I guess you are the type of person that likes to hear the robots talk about how great their bike is and how their trainer is working them so hard and they need to thank the same fucking people every time they get around a microphone. So please once again. Stop. And let some variety in our sport before you go all Donald Trump and want to kick everyone out you don't agree with.

The Shop

RPM68
2/14/2016 5:59am
NATEP231 wrote:
Then you all obviously missed the point. Seven duece duece is the people's champ. Period. He is one of the nicest guys in the pits and...
Then you all obviously missed the point. Seven duece duece is the people's champ. Period. He is one of the nicest guys in the pits and bust his ass (for a quarter of the price). Not only have I witnessed but you hear it from people that are at the races that Adam is the nicest guy in the pits every weekend. So before we go looking at a person solely on his results take a step back, dust off your cranky ass old people ways, and take in some Seven duece duece. I mean for fucks sake the guy made a main event this year back the hell off. Or I guess you are the type of person that likes to hear the robots talk about how great their bike is and how their trainer is working them so hard and they need to thank the same fucking people every time they get around a microphone. So please once again. Stop. And let some variety in our sport before you go all Donald Trump and want to kick everyone out you don't agree with.
Trumps just wanting to kick out the illegals, kinda like what Clason did last night to make it to the main...except the main event is 'Merica.

Sandberm
2/14/2016 6:04am
I'm quite woried for the fellow as its my understanding he is:

"In Danger...Driving his Ford Ranger" Silly

bish153
2/14/2016 6:14am
NATEP231 wrote:
Then you all obviously missed the point. Seven duece duece is the people's champ. Period. He is one of the nicest guys in the pits and...
Sounds like you got a mouth full!
2/14/2016 6:15am
NATEP231 wrote:
How about he start making every main before he gets a 20 minute segment? He's a Seven Douche Douche and I can think of 15-20 other riders that should have gotten that segement before him,
Clutchy
2/14/2016 6:20am
Jeff Alessi is beating him....... I'm just saying.
Motofinne
2/14/2016 6:32am
NATEP231 wrote:
So the 722 is the only nice guy out there? It's great that he gets attention, it's always good when privateers gets the spotlight but i would guess that people feel like there are a bunch of other guys that actually are turning in better results and are probably just as nice?
NATEP231
2/14/2016 6:33am
NATEP231 wrote:
How about he start making every main before he gets a 20 minute segment? He's a Seven Douche Douche and I can think of 15-20 other...
How about he start making every main before he gets a 20 minute segment? He's a Seven Douche Douche and I can think of 15-20 other riders that should have gotten that segement before him,
Oh sorry I forgot busting your ass and coming from nowhere means nothing in this sport. lets just keep talking to dungey about ow he met his wife, or trey canards injury list, or jason Andersons untucked jersey, Chad reeds age, James Stewart's soft head, seelys troubles with Anderson, etc etc etc. I've been around racing for 25 years and when I'm falling asleep watching the races you know something is wrong. A nice breath of fresh air is good once and awhile. Especially when it's listening to a guy who you know you could walk up to in the pits and he's gunna shake your hand or give you a hug and will generally ask you how your weekend at the races is going.....but let's keep that old dog and pony show and keep talking about the same ol shit
mx216
2/14/2016 6:36am
Clutchy wrote:
You guys need some perspective in your lives. Only 22 riders can make a main, and to get yourself in the main event is gnarly. Not everyone is going to be a elite top rider, but Adam and his brother are good dudes and guys like them are the backbone of the sport. I can't think of a bad thing to say about them, and think doing a feature on him was way better than watching one with a top rider that all the fans already see and hear from each week.
bob567
2/14/2016 6:39am
I think it was a great segment. Never followed the guy and I hate RAP music but I am now a fan of the Seven Deuce Deuce. Might even download his music. I think casual viewers relate perfect to his have fun - doing it the hard way attitude. And I'm pushing 50yrs old.
2/14/2016 6:39am
How about he start making every main before he gets a 20 minute segment? He's a Seven Douche Douche and I can think of 15-20 other...
Come on man. Seven Douche Douche? Really?
PJ205
2/14/2016 6:47am
Hahahaa I love forums. What don't people take offense to nowadays?
newmann
2/14/2016 6:49am
I enjoyed it when he spoke of splitting cases and repairing his own stuff. How many other top 20 guys can even clean a f'n air filter? So, there was that. Newmann approved...Laughing
hvaughn88
2/14/2016 6:50am
What the hell is wrong with some of you guys?
HenryA
2/14/2016 6:52am
I rather watch that than "fan pics" from Twitter
MudPup545
2/14/2016 6:56am
I hate rap music....HATE IT!!! But, the dude seems real and down to Earth. I liked it and I must admit, it was a nice change from the same old, same old.
MMCDan
2/14/2016 7:17am
How about a segment on someone that has busted their ass and got a real education while racing? Or someone that does some meaningful volunteer/community service work in their off time? I'd prefer hearing about that over a story about a "nice guy" who can split cases and does horrible things with Abelton.
Steadman
2/14/2016 7:29am
I can't believe people are so butt hurt over Adam getting a segment like that. He has a huge following amongst us keyboard warriors and weekend riders. It was REFRESHING to see a rider profile on someone other than the same old same old.
2/14/2016 7:34am
I think their should be more people like the 722 in the world today, especially on vital! Atleast he races!
plowboy
2/14/2016 7:43am
Add me as a new fan because of the segment. I'm not a rap fan but don't hate those that are. I do dig the guys that chase the dream on a shoestring. I know there's others doing the same thing but the segment was about HIM and I didn't see anything not to like. Heal up and go get 'em Barapper...(see what I did there)Silly
JM485
2/14/2016 7:52am
NATEP231 wrote:
NATEP231 wrote:
Oh sorry I forgot busting your ass and coming from nowhere means nothing in this sport. lets just keep talking to dungey about ow he met...
Oh sorry I forgot busting your ass and coming from nowhere means nothing in this sport. lets just keep talking to dungey about ow he met his wife, or trey canards injury list, or jason Andersons untucked jersey, Chad reeds age, James Stewart's soft head, seelys troubles with Anderson, etc etc etc. I've been around racing for 25 years and when I'm falling asleep watching the races you know something is wrong. A nice breath of fresh air is good once and awhile. Especially when it's listening to a guy who you know you could walk up to in the pits and he's gunna shake your hand or give you a hug and will generally ask you how your weekend at the races is going.....but let's keep that old dog and pony show and keep talking about the same ol shit
Thank you, someone gets it. This was the first segment I watched this year, something unique rather than the same old crap we get every other time. What's not to like, the guy sees what a real job is like and decides he wants to enjoy racing as long as he can and is doing a damn good job, I don't know what the hell else you guys expect, there are only 22 guys in the world making the main. I guess it sounds cool to be an Internet hard ass on vital though, I'm sure you all can do better.Whistling
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/14/2016 7:55am
You know... there are people that I see post on this forum that make me think "Is this guy really a dick? If he isn't, why does he choose to be so on the internet." You win that award this morning.
Aron213
2/14/2016 7:59am
Clutchy wrote:
yeah, but he the 722 has been in half as many mains as James Stewart and is only 1 point behind him in the championship
Jeff K
Fantasy
3743rd
2/14/2016 8:25am
I thought the segment was really really really really whack
mxb2
2/14/2016 8:27am
I like adam for the obvious reason. Haha.

Post a reply to: Seven Deuce Deuce Segment

The Latest