Seriously Fox

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2018 2:19 PM

Races start at 7pm est and the broadcast starts at 10 pm east we are going to be watching a replay instead of a live show

|

2/28/2018 2:47 PM

Some fellow old fart will mention Superbikers within the next ten posts.

|

2/28/2018 3:02 PM

S
U
P
E
R
B
I
K
E
R

|

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

2/28/2018 3:14 PM

lol

|

2/28/2018 3:17 PM

Isn't 10:00pm Est. broad casting time, the same as saying 7-8:00pm Az Time?

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick

2/28/2018 3:18 PM

whyZ wrote:

Isn't 10:00pm Est. broad casting time, the same as saying 7-8:00pm Az Time?

2 HR diff

|

2/28/2018 3:22 PM

Photo
|

2/28/2018 3:41 PM

In the billion or so "Ralph & Emig Suck" threads on this site, there's been a ton of people saying just run the broadcast on tape delay so they can skip all of the unnecessary filler between races. Now that it's being tape delayed, people are bitching. Can someone please make a decision so I know what to be pissed about...

|

2/28/2018 3:43 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

That's right back in my day we had to wait until December to watch the Carlsbad GP. Then we had to take turns holding the anttena on the roof in the middle of a snow storm just to get a picture.
And we were grateful to have it. grin
2 hr delay. Get off my lawn.

|

2/28/2018 4:03 PM

Sully wrote:

In the billion or so "Ralph & Emig Suck" threads on this site, there's been a ton of people saying just run the broadcast ...more

Now it's tape delayed and will have the filler. Best of both worlds laughing

|

2/28/2018 4:06 PM

Sully wrote:

In the billion or so "Ralph & Emig Suck" threads on this site, there's been a ton of people saying just run the broadcast ...more

Hahaha aint this the truth.

I'm sure one of the Aussies on here are smart enough to set up a screen mirror/live stream as it's still going live in to Australia (8.30am AWST = 7.30PM in Atlanta).

|

2/28/2018 4:09 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

SCR wrote:

That's right back in my day we had to wait until December to watch the Carlsbad GP. Then we had to take turns holding the ...more

Don't forget to pop the tabs out of the VHS tape lest mom record Falcon Crest over the one televised race that you've waited all year for.

|

2/28/2018 4:44 PM

Seriously Fox is definitely going to be my stage name, if I ever become a male dancer.

|

2/28/2018 4:58 PM

Record it. Watch it commercial free with your kids when they are actually awake on Sunday morning. Make it a family Sunday tradition in the winter. Problem solved. It's still live if you have not seen it. I don't get the bitching.

Now if the races were prime time (noon -6pm) on the weekends live would mean something. Never going to happen.

|

2/28/2018 5:05 PM

Back when I was a kid we had to dial 1-900-INF-MOTO Monday morning to find out what happened. Waiting a couple hours won't kill you youngen's.

|

2/28/2018 5:12 PM

Well this makes me feel better about spending this saturday night at a PBR after party where I will not fit in at all and be checking the racer x twitter all night. Was already planning on having to miss it live.

|

2/28/2018 5:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 5:20 PM

Back in my day I got the results in a magazine a month later. You guys standards are too high for how advanced we are in technology!

|

2/28/2018 5:32 PM

We had dial up internet and “play by play” updates in typed form. The whole race would be about one paragraph and read like a Morse code message, hit refresh every 30 seconds or so. Then if you watched motoweek for 30 minutes the next week you might see a 20 second clip of a pass or someone rolling over the finish line with Dave Despain anchoring. Have a vivid memory of JMB looking pissed all the time and Stanton standing in as the slow and steady guy.

|

2/28/2018 5:40 PM

I could not wait for Cycle News to arrive on Wednesday’s and get the latest results. If my Cycle News didn’t arrive on Wednesday I was ready to chase the mailman down and find out what was going on.

So it is delayed a little. Be glad it is on at all.

|

2/28/2018 5:50 PM

I find myself missing it. Fast forwarding to the mains.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/28/2018 6:37 PM

Sully wrote:

some people want some things and other people want other things. I think the rest of us probably learned that as toddlers, but don't be ashamed you're just learning that now. I'm sure your mommy still things you the brightest of the bunch.

|

2/28/2018 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 6:45 PM

My dad still has piles of CycleNews mags in the basement, from when you had to wait a month to get just a write-up (and yes, I've read them all). This 28 year old can wait a couple hours

|

2/28/2018 7:00 PM

Sully wrote:

No the replay will be the whole race broadcast will play as if it was live but actually it is 3hrs past tge actual live race

|

2/28/2018 7:49 PM

Sully wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

some people want some things and other people want other things. I think the rest of us probably learned that as toddlers, but ...more

You're a real asset to this site. I mean that. Have the best day ever.

|

2/28/2018 8:13 PM

FFS

|

2/28/2018 8:18 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

SCR wrote:

That's right back in my day we had to wait until December to watch the Carlsbad GP. Then we had to take turns holding the ...more

reded wrote:

Don't forget to pop the tabs out of the VHS tape lest mom record Falcon Crest over the one televised race that you've waited ...more

Falcon Crest, haha! That brings back memories laughing
But if you popped the tabs out you were done taping over.laughing

|

2/28/2018 10:08 PM

I'm 28, can still remember finding out Jeremy won his first race on Suzuki from Cycle news

|

2/28/2018 11:29 PM

Ramptester wrote:

We had dial up internet and “play by play” updates in typed form. The whole race would be about one paragraph and read like a ...more

Virtual Grandstand was great. If I had a decent local CompuServe phone number that didn't keep disconnecting, I could have both VG and the Mototalk board going at the same time.

How far we've come...

|

3/1/2018 2:11 AM

I remember keeping a notepad in a drawer next to the phone. I'd have the race date, location and the numbers 1 through 20 written down. I'd set my alarm on race nights/mornings and wake up to call the 900-INF-MOTO hotline. I'd then listen and write in the names. Now, I usually DVR them and watch Sunday morning.

|

3/1/2018 4:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 4:10 AM

In my day we could only dream of paper ... stone tablets son ... carved with the spikes from Poseidon's trident.

|